Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Preseason Game 3 Thread: Texans @ Broncos

Malloy said:
At first I did wonder about it. I've come to believe that the reason for this is that Morency IS the starter and Kubiak wanted to give Lundy some serious game time. Give Lundy the chance, give Morency some rest. :)

Ya know . . I think I'll start a "What do you think of this rumor" thread, just so everyone won't be so shocked if he is cut.

Carr Bomb said:
I don't think so, those are just stupid mistakes that shouldn't be made no matter what team your playing. Our defense looks great though. I think the LB worries are overrated, but our secondary is shaky.

Right - mental mistakes are mental mistakes. I meant our overall ineffectivenss in addition to those.

Marcus said:
But don't you think it's kinda weird that it was Lundy that played the entire first half, and Morency only came in the 2nd?

I dont think so. We have a year worth of film on Morency, a few games worth of Lundy. Sometimes we need to see what guys can do with the 1st team. With that said, I'd be in shock if Morency gets cut.

This just shows you that our depth isn't quite there with quality teams. The Broncos don't lose much drop off in the running game no matter who they have out there. They've been running the zone for years, we've been running it for about 3 months.

Carr Bomb said:
This just shows you that our depth isn't quite there with quality teams. The Broncos don't lose much drop off in the running game no matter who they have out there. They've been running the zone for years, we've been running it for about 3 months.

We knew LB was our team weakness though. I'm hyped about how well the first team played.

I dont personally think Morency is all he is cooked up to be...I mean comeon lg run 5 yards and hes hittin that 2nd string D...Comeon people better then DD? Maybe..Not yet though

Texas said:
Now you wont have to worry as much about the 4 days of Sage is better then Carr threads :crutch:

No, the next one will be about how Sage hands the ball off more smoothly to the RBs.

Mysteryhunt said:
i'd rather a loss than a win tonight, it'll teach the rookies that no one goes undefeated ;)

I was thinking that before the game started. Knock'em down a few pegs before the season starts.

Mysteryhunt said:
i'd rather a loss than a win tonight, it'll teach the rookies that no one goes undefeated ;)

The win in preseason doesn't mean much its how you won or lost. How did your first team look. I'm only worried about Lundy picking up blocks, and David getting the ball out of his hand. Maybe it will just click and he will be the man...... Ok I can dream ...

Texas said:
Now you wont have to worry as much about the 4 days of Sage is better then Carr threads :crutch:

It has never been about Sage. Carr is measured against himself. And unfortunately he is still an incomplete. No on on this board can say that they have no doubt that we are strong at the QB position. We are spending 8 million on a QB to be a role player in my opinion.

RTP2110 said:
Jay Cutler is the goods.

I'm so glad he fell to the Broncos. They've never had a legend at QB. This guy almost looks too good. We'll see. Lindsay Lohan err Rob Johnson once looked like the next coming of John Elway. I kid.

The offense has a long way to go, its going to be a growing process all the way though the season and into next year..... Hopefully our defense will be strong and keep us in games.

kingh99 said:
I'm so glad he fell to the Broncos. They've never had a legend at QB. This guy almost looks too good. We'll see. Lindsay Lohan err Rob Johnson once looked like the next coming of John Elway. I

Yeah John Elway was just a scrub. Go Cutler..... :sos:

Ok, I'm of the opinion that Denver is probably a little deeper than we are so I'm calling this game pretty much over and honestly, even if the Texans come back I'm not putting much stock in anything I see right now. The rest of this game is for coaches to watch, not me.

10-3 at the half with the offense only coming up with one drive. I can live with that. 10-6 after 3 was ok but they need work.

Kaiser Toro said:
It has never been about Sage. Carr is measured against himself. And unfortunately he is still an incomplete. No on on this board can say that they have no doubt that we are strong at the QB position. We are spending 8 million on a QB to be a role player in my opinion.

Carr just said he has some little things to work on.

I am not down on this one because its The Texans vs The broncos, Our first team kept the game close. We were one big play away throughout most of the game. Carr looked a little better rolling around.

The is room for improvement with the penalties, if clean that up then the score could have been a little tighter.

i liked what i saw of the first teams. we're not supposed to win games vs. temas like this and we actually had a chance 1st team vs 1st team. i'll take that as long as we play weak teams just as tough (unlike last season)

Runner said:
Carr just said he has some little things to work on.

Well actually they are little things, but their pretty important....like getting the dang ball out of his hands quickly.

Once Carr settled down he didn't look too bad. He needs to be able to come out in second quarter form though. That is one of my pet peeves with him, he always starts slow.

Anderson dancing reminded of a coach that used to his players, "now that you have shown everyone what you can't do. Now show me what you can do."

Back