Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Preseason Game 3 Thread: Texans @ Broncos

veazeyt said:
I am not down on this one because its The Texans vs The broncos, Our first team kept the game close. We were one big play away throughout most of the game. Carr looked a little better rolling around.

The is room for improvement with the penalties, if clean that up then the score could have been a little tighter.

Not to mention, it ain't exactly over - still 8 minutes to play, we have the ball and need two scores.

Kaiser Toro said:
Whoopty-do. Edit some tape and show me where their style, speed, blocking and toughness are clones.
Well, If I'm gonna edit the tape, I'd rather make Morency look like Barry Sanders or Emmitt Smith than DD.

...but I'm guessing its just the body types since DD has more experience.

Sarg01 said:
Not to mention, it ain't exactly over - still 8 minutes to play, we have the ball and need two scores.

The game is over for the First team, if you want to see how much depth our team is, I can tell you there isnt a whole lot there. Just based on how easy it has been for teams to move the ball around in the second half all preseason.

thank god our defense looks sooo much improved compared to last year...minus one special teams goof...we held denvers first string to 6!!
major improvement

Carr Bomb said:
I would of like to see more of Chris Taylor in this game, where is he...

Other then the first game he has been non existent.
Kubiak said he was going to use two backs in this game like he wants to in the regular season.

Mysteryhunt said:
i liked what i saw of the first teams. we're not supposed to win games vs. temas like this and we actually had a chance 1st team vs 1st team. i'll take that as long as we play weak teams just as tough (unlike last season)

Especially in Denver I'm sure folks there were somewhat shocked they didn't roll over us. Our D looks solid. Demeco is incredible and if Carr ever settles down and learns what poise is it could be a big season. Looks like a big if the offense was miserable. I'll chalk it up to a solid Denver D and cross my fingers.

I am pretty happy overall with what I am seeing tonight. Having been a season ticket holder since the beginning, I had to see some of the most dismal games the team has played last year. At least now there is a glimmer of hope.

I though all those passes to RBs were supposed to go to TEs in this system....

I saw check downs to RBs for 4 years, I want to see TEs

Luv_ya_blue said:
So did Denver's scores come on our 1st or 2nd team D...special teams or what?
:hides:

Did MW do anything this game? I didn't see (read) his name mentioned much.
:mario: :mario: :mario:

Both on the first team. The td was off of an int that put them in scoring range. They were kicking a field goal and Malone had his helmet over the line giving them a first down. Then they scored. The D has looked very solid tonight.

Doom Capers said:
Both on the first team. The td was off of an int that put them in scoring range. They were kicking a field goal and Malone had his helmet over the line giving them a first down. Then they scored. The D has looked very solid tonight.

Though Malone isn't exactly 1st team, yes the 1st team unit was the one that got scored on.

Kaiser Toro said:
You get the feeling that Kubiak is playing for 17-13

Which isn't a problem one bit, this is one of those games where its alot better to lose it than win it.

Alot easier to get the player's attention and focused.

Carr Bomb said:
Which isn't a problem one bit, this is one of those games where its alot better to lose it than win it.

Alot easier to get the player's attention and focused.

That is what I was saying. I felt he had the offense taking time off of the clock on a methodical drive.

veazeyt said:
The game is over for the First team, if you want to see how much depth our team is, I can tell you there isnt a whole lot there. Just based on how easy it has been for teams to move the ball around in the second half all preseason.

Some of you sad sacks could a perspective injection. Look at how bad a football team we were last season. We had actually held our own against a pretty good football team out there. There is a big difference between now and then, if you'll just take the Carr Sucks glasses off.

Give them a little time. I know they aren't going 13-3 like Ibar is predicting, but geeez . . .

rmartin65 said:
Good and Bad
Good: we scored
Bad: now we have to endure more "sage should start" threads

I haven't posted once on one of those threads but I think it's entirely understandable that we'll get them. Regardless of who he's playing against Sage looks about ten thousand times more comfortable playing in this offense than David does.

I for one hope that changes pretty soon. I expect it to. If it doesn't once the regular season starts I'm all for giving it as much time as we realistically can and then giving the backup a shot.

We seriously could have won this game if it wasn't for that penalty that turned the field goal into a touchdown...

Back