Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Poll: Replace Carr in the off season?

McNair wants to keep Carr. I . . .

• Total voters
There will never be an o-line that can protect Carr. Rosenfels playing behind the same line did not get sacked playing the 2nd half of the 1st Titan game after Carr was sacked 4 times in the 1st half. As long as Carr is QB, we will still be hearing how the o-line is not protecting him.

you ever think why rosenfels had so much time to throw in nashville? maybe because the titans D was playing the string out and wasnt interested ing etting after the passer.

There will never be an o-line that can protect Carr. Rosenfels playing behind the same line did not get sacked playing the 2nd half of the 1st Titan game after Carr was sacked 4 times in the 1st half. As long as Carr is QB, we will still be hearing how the o-line is not protecting him.

That was called the "prevent defense"... The Titans D went into a shell because the game was NOT as close as the 28-22 final appeared to be... I am not knocking Sage here, but that was how it went...

I voted no opinion, because I don't care if Carr is back or not. I would like to replace him if he can't learn how to be a good QB, but we would need a viable replacement. If Kubiak still thinks he can turn Carr around, then I will give him the benefit of the doubt for one more offseason. If Carr can't learn to look off defenders, can't learn to see the field better and read coverages better, and can't get his confidence back (and prove it), then I would prefer to go with Sage or Quinton or some other QB they might bring in.

One thing that I do want to change if Carr remains, is Carr being handed the starting job without having to fight for it. I want Carr to be challenged for the starting job, and actually beat out the other guys if he is going to be the starter. I want him to prove that he is the best option, and then prove it again every Sunday on the field.

I'm surprised this poll is as close as it is -- 5 years is way too long particularly after the regression we have seen at the end of this season.

Seriously, they are not going to bring anyone in here to challenge Carr. I think the brass already knows they will beat him out. I can't remember being this depressed in a long time. I've heard the company line and all the blind faith from the front office. I'm just flat out tired of hearing excuses, I want the team to get some wins. I'm tired of walking around the city I love, supporting the teams I love (Texans, Rockets, and Stros), and getting laughed at.

i could not have expressed things any better.

Christians stick with Christians and they for some reason all remember JOB when things turn bad for them. I think Mcnair probably is thinking about the JOB scripture at a time like this........

This just in Lakewood's buying Reliant and signing Carr to a forever contract .

That was called the "prevent defense"... The Titans D went into a shell because the game was NOT as close as the 28-22 final appeared to be... I am not knocking Sage here, but that was how it went...

The fact is this team has never tried another QB. Carr was never challenged, either under Capers or Kubiak. If he was a world-beater that'd be fine. He's not a world-beater, he's an egg-beater. At least two, maybe three years ago the Texans should have brought on some strong competition for him.

The fact is the Texans WILL NOT ADMIT THEY MADE A MISTAKE with Carr. It is arrogance and fear, in equal measures, that keep Carr in the driver's seat.

Pride goeth before a fall.

I don't think we should replace Carr. I do think that we should go this offseason and get someone to push Carr though. I think one guy that nobody has mentioned that I think we can get for a good deal now is Billy Volek. Tennessee traded him to San Diego and now that Phillip Rivers has had such a huge success so far this season, they have no need for him, and would we would probably be able to get him for a good price.

If I had my way..... Sage would start next season. Or VanPelt.... whichever is better... I wouldn't spend any money in the offseason on a QB.... we've done enough of that.

Carr should watch.

We'll see how good/bad our OL is with another QB under center. IF our QB goes down during a game, David comes in.

The Backup never looks as good as the starter coming into a game. Normally, this is because the backup doesn't practice much with the first team. So I don't expect David to look spectacular..... just competant..... He should start the next week, after taking all the snaps with the first team. He better look better than competent....... better than he's looked all year. Other wise, he's got to go.

I want Kubiak to give David every opportunity..... a run game, an offensive line, mutliple offensive weapons.... and a good defense. The only way we'll know our OL is decent, is if they can protect another QB.

If David still wants to play the role of the $8 million bus driver, he's got to go.

The fact is this team has never tried another QB. Carr was never challenged, either under Capers or Kubiak.

The fact is Carr has the qualities you want for a franchise face, and had enormous potential coming out of college.

The fact is there are so many holes in this entire team, that when Kubiak took over, he had to give some people an evaluation. Lots of guys we are used to on our favorite team will not be here over the next couple of seasons.

The fact is, this season has been nothing but an evaluation of David Carr. Shots at Kubiak are not fair. He will do what is best for the Texans.

I voted keep him, for now. I keep thinking back to the first part of the 2004 season where after a bad start (0 - 2) we won 4 of the next 5 and Carr played well (memory maybe hazy).

The turning point seems to have been the 2 games after that bye week when we played the Broncos and Colts. Never seemed to be the same again after that.

Now if Carr could recpature the form that he showed in the game against the Vikings - here's the gameday thread to remind us al what we said back then

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=3351&highlight=week

If I had my way..... Sage would start next season. Or VanPelt.... whichever is better... I wouldn't spend any money in the offseason on a QB.... we've done enough of that.

Carr should watch.

We'll see how good/bad our OL is with another QB under center. IF our QB goes down during a game, David comes in.

The Backup never looks as good as the starter coming into a game. Normally, this is because the backup doesn't practice much with the first team. So I don't expect David to look spectacular..... just competant..... He should start the next week, after taking all the snaps with the first team. He better look better than competent....... better than he's looked all year. Other wise, he's got to go.

I want Kubiak to give David every opportunity..... a run game, an offensive line, mutliple offensive weapons.... and a good defense. The only way we'll know our OL is decent, is if they can protect another QB.

If David still wants to play the role of the $8 million bus driver, he's got to go.

No, this team should not sit on their hands. If we are keeping Carr for next season then we should draft a QB to replace him after next season so said QB will have time to learn the offense. I would not let Sage start just for the sake of seeing how the Line looks with him behind center.

Fix the O-Line
Fix the O-Line
Fix the O-Line

Fix the Secondary
Fix the Secondary

THEN look at QB's, kickers, RB, a little more help on the d-line and a couple of other spots.

KEEP Sage or find another starting quality QB. Give Kubiack another half of a season to get Carr going, and if it doesn't happen, we have someone to fall back on.

BTW, did I mention fix the O-Line and Secondary????

Back