Poll: Replace Carr in the off season?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Nighthawk, Dec 14, 2006.

?

McNair wants to keep Carr. I . . .

1. agree, we should keep Carr!

39.6%
  2. disagree, we should replace Carr!

49.1%
  3. have no opinion!

11.2%
  1. Nighthawk

Nighthawk All Pro

McNair was heard to say, in effect, that Carr's staying and that the Texans are building around him. How do you feel about this?

2. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

Uh...there's no poll...

and replace him with WHO,e xactly?

I know. We'll just run the anthill formation all game. Hah. That'd be funny (not being sarcastic) :shades:

3. dantem

dantem Veteran

LOL

4. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Well, I said "have no opinion" because I'm not for replacing Carr just to be replacing him. If we can upgrade, then absolutely. Otherwise, I'd like to see the team draft a QB this year in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him sit a year and learn Kubiak's offense. Carr can be the sacrificial lamb behind that line while they improve with whatever rookie lineman (linemen?) they draft.

So yeah, replace him, just do it with a plan and some direction. The "OMG Anyone is better!!1!@!" hyperbole doesn't suit me, but I want to see an upgrade at that position.

5. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Honestly, how I/we feel as fans is of no consequence. It's David Carr or bust.

Double Barrel likes this.
  6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

He'll be here. I'm just hoping for a rookie QB and a vet who can both challenge Carr.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Seriously, they are not going to bring anyone in here to challenge Carr. I think the brass already knows they will beat him out. I can't remember being this depressed in a long time. I've heard the company line and all the blind faith from the front office. I'm just flat out tired of hearing excuses, I want the team to get some wins. I'm tired of walking around the city I love, supporting the teams I love (Texans, Rockets, and Stros), and getting laughed at.

Texas_Thrill likes this.
  8. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

I feel your pain.

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

yep. this is true....for better or for worse

10. QB75

QB75 Veteran

Great! Keep building around him.

11. utahmark

utahmark markbeth

im a little suprised at the pole so far. it seems the people with the strongest negativity our more likely to speak out.

12. TexanSoldier

TexanSoldier Rookie

I voted to replace Carr.

I've never been a Carr hater and I honestly believe he'll succeed in a different system. For some reason things just aren't working out here, and I now believe he was not ready to be the face of the new franchise.

I disagree with Mr. McNair and I feel we should bring in a veteran QB and then draft some young talent.

Probably won't happen, but since this is a "public poll and everyone can see how I voted" I decided to let you know why I voted with the current minority.

Go Texans!

13. SLO Texan

SLO Texan Veteran

I said don't replace Carr in the offseason.

Reasons:

#1 - We haven't given him a descent O-Line yet, after 5 seasons!!!!
    #2 - He finally has a coach that can COACH him.
    #3 - We gave him the extension for a reason, Kubiak thinks he can do it.
    #4 - Kubiak will continue to improve his game and he will be worth much more in '08 than '07.
    #5 - We've invested so much in this guy lets get him a freakin OL next year and see what he's REALLY got.
    #6 - There is'nt anyone worth immediately replacing him with.(Kubes needs to draft someone to start molding underneath him for a yr.)

I like David Carr and I just really want to see him suceed.Call me a :homer: & pass me a Duff.

ATX and utahmark like this.
  14. ATX

ATX Hall of Fame

Man you hit it dead on

SLO Texan likes this.
  15. DatTexBoy

DatTexBoy Veteran

You're not the only one bro!

16. Drager

Drager Rookie

I don't know about Carr. I saw alot of mistakes on Sunday. Throwing the ball past the LOS.....twice!!!! He's a fifth year vet. He should have better awareness than that. The deep ball to Andre Johnson was under thrown. Johnson had his man beat by a step or two. Carr just didn't throw it far enough. Any sign of pressure & he seems to get rattled to easily.
    I don't blame the guy for being so shellshocked, though. The lack of blocking he's seen since he's been here would be tough on anyone. But he's got to make quicker & better decisions with the ball. I'd like to see Kubiak get him playing better, but it just doesn't seem to be there right now and I just don't know that Carr can do it here.
    No matter what I think, he'll be back next year. Especially since we've got alot of $$$ invested in him. I agree that we still need to look at getting a rookie QB in the draft next year as a possible replacement.

17. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

Yeah, I know what you mean! I have been a ROXS fan since 1981, Astros since 1986, Oilers- starting in 1982 then stopped when the Dark Lord's henchman- Bud Adams relocated the the team. And of course a fan of the TEXANS from day one! I know how it is to be a fan of H-Town teams & it's usually NOT for the faint of hearts! But I wake up happy knowing that H-Town has a professional team!:) :snobord:

18. phantom17

phantom17 All Pro

I like yer post, very reasonable! On #6- I would draft Troy Smith in the 2nd rd IF AVAILABLE to groom for the future & let him sit & learn for a season!! Nevermind that he's short, but not Doug Flutie short, he seems to have a good arm & legs something this team needs! #3 & #4- this I hope, but remains to be seen.:snobord:

19. phan1

phan1 All Pro

I really believe Carr will be back in 2007. Everyone in the FO looks like that's the direction they're headed in. I just want a contingency plan to start if Carr doesn't shape up. I really want us to pick up a QB in the 4-5 round; some guy Kubiak really likes in the draft. Rosenfels has played good as well, but I really want a QB in the draft so Carr can understand "hey, my job really is on the line."

20. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

Carr will IMO play out (or sit out) his contract with the Texans. This team has so many other needs that they can't afford to spend FA $ or burn a draft pick on a QB. AND.....I think the Texans will be OK in spite of that. I am not so sure we are 1 year away from turning it around but over the next couple of years I think Kubiak is really going to create a solid base for this team and we are going to see big change occur.