Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

**Official Game-Day Thread** Texans at Seahawks, Sunday Oct 29, 2017!!

I'm still not trolling. Think what you want.

You have a different opinion then most of us, that's fine. But instead of articulating what you think and trying to tell us your thoughts, you immediately resort to personal insults. That's exactly what a troll is.

You have a different opinion then most of us, that's fine. But instead of articulating what you think and trying to tell us your thoughts, you immediately resort to personal insults. That's exactly what a troll is.
Whom have I insulted?

Come on man, I don't have time to keep multi-quoting you. Just own that you are emotionally charged right now and are being overly critical of Watson because it is the easy thing to do.
This is silly. I'm done.

My wife enjoys going to the games.

I checked out on emotional investment when I realized that the McNairs weren't serious about doing everything possible to put the best product on the field.

Your wife isn't commanding your extracurricular (message boards for example) involvement though..

10 points off of turnovers. Undeniable.

Sure. Watson cost us 10 points.....what about the other 31?

You're argument is that too many people are letting him off the hook and blaming the defense. Meanwhile you're so focused on blaming him that you're totally forgiving the defense.

Watson made mistakes and big plays. Wilson threw an INT inside our 10, are we going to say that he cost Seattle 7 points? he also lead the winning drive. Our defense stunk, but also made what should have been the game winning INT.

At the end of the day, the stats don't matter. The only thing that matters is the score. We lost by three. It doesn't matter if it's 51-48 or 6-3. With that being said, you have to win when you have the lead and the ball under two minutes.

You're argument is that too many people are letting him off the hook and blaming the defense. Meanwhile you're so focused on blaming him that you're totally forgiving the defense.

Watson made mistakes and big plays. Wilson threw an INT inside our 10, are we going to say that he cost Seattle 7 points? he also lead the winning drive. Our defense stunk, but also made what should have been the game winning INT.

At the end of the day, the stats don't matter. The only thing that matters is the score. We lost by three. It doesn't matter if it's 51-48 or 6-3. With that being said, you have to win when you have the lead and the ball under two minutes.

Didn't get to watch the game... who was the single high safety that allowed Graham to get wide open down the middle for the winning touchdown?

Two questions after this game...

Why did D’onta Foreman have ZERO carries if the coaches were “doing all they could” to win? (Might’ve helped to rest Miller)
Why was no real effort made to get a first down when you knew the Defense was tired and another first all but seals the game? (This was the Patriots game all over again.)

New England, Kansas City, Seattle... last year, or any year beforr we'd have lost those games by 35+ points. Even with Jj Watt, even with Whitney Mercilus, Brian Cushing, & Aj Bouye.

Now, I'm watching with less than a minute left in the game & thinking we can win.

I'm not talking about moral victories or any bs like that. But hopefully we'll learn from these three games & use them to help us win similar games in the playoffs.

636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-copy.jpg

Why did D’onta Foreman have ZERO carries if the coaches were “doing all they could” to win? (Might’ve helped to rest Miller)
Why was no real effort made to get a first down when you knew the Defense was tired and another first all but seals the game? (This was the Patriots game all over again.)

If Foreman couldn't carry for some reason or if he was in the doghouse how about Blue a bit more?

edit: .I shudder to think that I actually just posted that.

I didn't see the Texans D give up a pick 6. I didn't see the Texans D give up an INT in its own territory. I saw Watson do both. Either one doesn't happen, Texans win. DO YOUR JOB

Either of those don't happen, we don't know how the game turns out. O'Brien may have turtles up to start the 2nd half.

What we do know is we had a 4 point lead with 2 minutes left in the game & some body didn't do their job.

Either of those don't happen, we don't know how the game turns out. O'Brien may have turtles up to start the 2nd half.

What we do know is we had a 4 point lead with under 2 minutes left in the game & some body didn't do their job.

fify

all 3 units had some really bone headed mistakes today sounded like to me

You're argument is that too many people are letting him off the hook and blaming the defense.

DocBar, so sorry. I jumped into this conversation without knowing the context. I agree, we can't let the rookie off the hook. I'm sure he won't. I wouldn't be surprised if he puts this loss on his own shoulders for the two gaffs you mentioned & a few you probably didn't see. That's the way that cat is wired.

Still, we shouldn't be asking him to win games like that. It's not fair to him. Hopkins & Fuller answered the bell & helped the rookie out. The run game didn't. The defense didn't. The offensive guru didn't (at the end of the game that is).

Watson is playing at a different level. It's going to take a little while for the rest of the organization to get to his level... if they can.

Last edited:
I want to play this game too!

I didn't see Watson give up 452 passing yards and 4 TDs. He also didn't allow the Seahawks to march down the field in a minute and change for the go ahead score.

Watson owns those turnovers. The D owns it's overall play this game. OB owns his playcalling on the final drive. Any one of these things goes differently and we win.

I understand your position but it's more nuanced IMHO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Which is what? Not trying to be difficult. How did OB cost us the game?

@DocBar you have said some of the most foolish football related stuff I've ever read anywhere at any time.

For the rest of you, go read this link that summarizes how twitter reacted to today's performance by DW4.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Twitter-reacts-to-classic-Deshaun-Watson-game-at-Seattle-28408

You will see that both the players on the field and some of the best analyst out there don't think DW4 lost you the game today.

Imagine had the team held on for the W

Because he walked out of practice with Hopkins. He hasn't earned any stripes yet.

Bill O'Brien stubbornness haunts us again. His pride wouldn't allow the youngster to be the hero. Or he just flat out choked under pressure.

@DocBar you have said some of the most foolish football related stuff I've ever read anywhere at any time.

For the rest of you, go read this link that summarizes how twitter reacted to today's performance by DW4.

https://www.tigernet.com/update/player/Twitter-reacts-to-classic-Deshaun-Watson-game-at-Seattle-28408

You will see that both the players on the field and some of the best analyst out there don't think DW4 lost you the game today.

No DW4 didn't lose the game today... but the Texans did; and that's the bottom line

Last edited:
Didn't get to watch the game... who was the single high safety that allowed Graham to get wide open down the middle for the winning touchdown?

I believe that was a nickel cover 2, but I admittedly haven’t gone back to watch that. If so, LBers didn’t get enough depth. I believe it was Cunningham in Graham’s immediate vicinity off the snap.

That was my initial read on it, although I turned away and issued some profanity at the wall almost as soon as it was caught.

I believe that was a nickel cover 2, but I admittedly haven’t gone back to watch that. If so, LBers didn’t get enough depth. I believe it was Cunningham in Graham’s immediate vicinity off the snap.

That was my initial read on it, although I turned away and issued some profanity at the wall almost as soon as it was caught.

I just listened to the radio broadcast which mentioned that it was a single high safety with Cunningham trailing. The TE never should have been that open down the middle. Have no idea what really happened. it was a heart breaker tho

Because he walked out of practice with Hopkins. He hasn't earned any stripes yet.

Bill O'Brien stubbornness haunts us again. His pride wouldn't allow the youngster to be the hero. Or he just flat out choked under pressure.

Remember Foreman dragging defenders for a 20 yard gain after he previously fumbled?

Imagine he comes in the game in the 4th quarter with something to prove.

I just listened to the radio broadcast which mentioned that it was a single high safety with Cunningham trailing. The TE never should have been that open down the middle. Have no idea what really happened. it was a heart breaker tho

A time out should've been called.

Now you have me curious.

It looks like a zone safety blitz. I guess it would be technically Cunningham or even McKinney’s fault? 26 seconds to go, Seattle has no TOs, they should be getting more depth and looking to keep everything in front of them. It could be fatigue too.

Reactions: JB
I don't tell people how what they need to do. You must have me confused with somebody else

Sure you do. You literally do that continually here as it pertains to the Texans. And you just did so directly to me.

If you just want to spend time here continually mocking this team then great, knock yourself out, meanwhile I'll spend my time here doing whatever I'd like to do as well.

I think Docbar was being sarcastic. I seriously don’t think he actually blames DW4 for this loss.

Or at least I hope not.

New England, Kansas City, Seattle... last year, or any year beforr we'd have lost those games by 35+ points. Even with Jj Watt, even with Whitney Mercilus, Brian Cushing, & Aj Bouye.

Now, I'm watching with less than a minute left in the game & thinking we can win.

I'm not talking about moral victories or any bs like that. But hopefully we'll learn from these three games & use them to help us win similar games in the playoffs.

636173205022185586-jim-mora-playoffs-copy.jpg

Ya, exactly. What playoffs? When a quarter of our games so far have been blown by our genius head coach?

I'm glad he's thrown away his Super Smart System to accommodate Deshaun Watson's abilities but he's still an awful coach. ******* don't win championship.

Foreman can't pass block for beans.......in a game that Watson was under so much pressure, Blue would certainly win the choice. And I'm sure that O'Brien was not happy for a rookie to find any excuse for missing a practice.

This.

Sure you do. You literally do that continually here as it pertains to the Texans. And you just did so directly to me.

If you just want to spend time here continually mocking this team then great, knock yourself out, meanwhile I'll spend my time here doing whatever I'd like to do as well.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Please point out some examples of me telling other posters what they should be doing. I do remember posters telling me what I should do with my tickets when I boycotted the Tacks game.

Last edited:
Sounds like a plan to me.

Please point out some examples of me telling other posters what they should be doing. I do remember posters telling me what I should do with my tickets when I boycotted the Tacks game.

I never said you tell posters what to do..

Not sure what reaction you think you should expect when you continuously groan and demean this entertainment entity that everyone else is here to otherwise discuss, analyze, gossip, and ultimately generally root for when you've already discerned that they won't change anytime soon as far as you're dissatisfaction is concerned and so you're just kicking water uphill in a sort of self-perpetuating loathing machine.

You're correct though of course, you're as welcome as anyone else to do so as that's within your prerogative ... but it's as equally anyone else's to continue to lob questions and comments at you on the subject whether you like them or not.

Sounds rather unfortunately like the plan to me.

No. No he didn't. He called a game and Watson made what he called work more often than not but any man who continues time and again to throw Lamer Miller out there to try and pound the rock for short yardage only to be stuffed short time and time again didn't "call a good game".
Even an ineffective running game is better than none. No Lamar Miller did not gain a lot of yardage but there were times he put us in decent down and distance situations. I love that we have a top tier Qb but too neglect the running game would have done our team nor DW any favors.

However with the game on the line and an obviously weak defensive secondary B'Ob should have put the game in DW's hands to avoid the game winning TD that the Seahawks had.

Yes our great Qb made things work better than most other Qb's would have but remember BO'b restructured his offense to fit our young QB.

As much as BO'b cost us the game yesterday he also put DW in great position to win the game for us. I hate that BO'b cost us in the end but he made a win possible by having a good feel for what our young Qb does best. Also let's not forget DW's interceptions. A few of those put us in a bad spot. I did not catch the game until the score was tied at 7 but I thought I saw in the highlights that DW threw a pick 6. None the less those int's had a big part in us losing. It takes a lot to regain momentum when your Qb throws multiple interceptions.

Take away the pick 6 and we win that game.

the errors from a rookie.
Those will be the difference between winning and losing more times than not in coming weeks.

Meanwhile the media and all our fans will talk about how great DW is! Which I would have to agree with but the int's in close games when those could be the difference between losing and winning is what I can only accept for so long. Yes DW practically overcame his mistakes but if he doesn't make those mistakes we win yesterdays game.

Of coarse there are other concerns going into the rest of the season. Mainly a weak secondary which can't take away the long balls. It will be that much harder on DW and it will make any interceptions he may throw all the more critical.

When the rookie left the field before horrible choices by the HC.... we were winning with under 2 mins to go... what else do you want from a rookie?
The rookie not throwing int's would have put our head coach in a position where his decision at the end would not have cost us the game. In fact it is likely that the game would not have come anywhere close to Russell Wilson and his heroics to win it.

What a game!!! With the time change out here kickoff was 9:00pm...an hour earlier. I'm firmly on board with Watson since this was a measurement game in my book. Brass tax time...O'Brien lost this game with a silly conservative crunch time gameplan of calling Miller's number 3 times in a row right off center. Hey Bill, one first down...just one first down to put this game away. Were you not watching the game from the sideline b/c I can only assume that your attention must've been elsewhere when you thought the defense was suddenly going to shut down the Seahawks offense.

The DB's looked horrendous. Johnson is going to take some serious smack talk from teammates when they watch the film and see him using a swimming motion to try and catchup to the receiver he was chasing while enjoying the perfect position to watch him score a TD. I've mentioned this in several different post(s) but the Texans DB's cannot carry the DL, their success is 99% dependent on the pass rush. Even KJax pulled his infamous, "just tackle the receiver who's going to burn me" move. Safeties looked lost on more than a few plays but especially on that defeating TD.

OL looked rough but this is one area that I'm cautiously optimistic...towards becoming better over the next 2-3 weeks. I was shocked that DB pulled a full game. Really want to see Mancz at RG. The only question with no apparent answer is RT...this is going to be tough.

Watson and Fairbarn have been spot-on for rookies.

Last edited:
What a game!!! With the time change out here kickoff was 9:00pm...an hour earlier. I'm firmly on board with Watson since this was a measurement game in my book. Brass tax time...O'Brien lost this game with a silly conservative crunch time gameplan of calling Miller's number 3 times in a row right off center. Hey Bill, one first down...just one first down to put this game away. Were you not watching the game from the sideline b/c I can only assume that your attention must've been elsewhere when you thought the defense was suddenly going to shut down the Seahawks offense.

The DB's looked horrendous. Johnson is going to take some serious smack talk from teammates when they watch the film and see him using a swimming motion to chase the receiver he was chasing while having the perfect position to watch him score a TD. I've mentioned this in several different post(s) but the Texans DB's cannot carry the DL, their success is 99% dependent on the pass rush. Even KJax pulled his infamous, "just tackle the receiver who's going to burn me" move. Safeties looked lost on more than a few plays but especially on that defeating TD.

OL looked rough but this is one area that I'm cautiously optimistic...towards becoming better over the next 2-3 weeks. I was shocked that DB pulled a full game. Really want to see Mancz at RG. The only question with no apparent answer is RT...this is going to be tough.

Watson and Fairbarn have been spot-on for rookies.

How many more times does it take for this coach to realize the tides have shifted. Yes last season and the year before we relied on our defense. But as for this year, BILL O'BRIEN we can not trust this defense. It's time for the offense to carry this team.

I'm not trolling anything. Quite the opposite. I do find it amusing that all of the blame goes towards anything NOT Watson. Love the kid, but HE cost this loss, plain and simple.
DocBar we agree on DW and his play yesterday but we have a bigger problem that will put way too much pressure on DW each game going forward. If our secondary can't defend the long ball we are bound to have more tough losses.

Back