Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Official Brock Osweiler MVP Watch Thread!

"But...butt..but its early.. give him time". I saw he was garbage from day one. I have been wrong on many things regarding the Texans but I hit the nail on the head from day one on this one.

This game gives me so much HOPE for he who shall for at least today be named Bossweiler again! The last 3 drives was absolutely PRECISION wet work by Oz in slaying the Colts demon. Miller was amazing, but without Oz, we would have lost. Those beautiful zips to Fedo, especially for the TD one where the D made a play for the Int was beautiful. Man, oh man... that drop to Strong gave me CHILL! It was inches away from the DB's finger tips, just a PERFECT PASS!!

My buddy is a big UCLA fan, so he watches a ton of PAC-12. He also knows his football. I asked him about Osweiller. He told me, "He's one of those guys, no matter how much time is left, he tends to bring his team back. " I finally see what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do we know what we have in Osweiler yet? I couldn't watch a lot of games so far this season... right now he is inconsistent to say the least, throws too many picks and disappears against big competition. But at the same time we have seen some laser sharp drives, clutch plays, the ability to make every throw and extend plays. Different from any other QB we had (maybe besides Schaub) he seems to have everything it takes, but he doesn't show it enough. So is this who he is, a guy that is great at times, horrible at other times and usually a little less than mediocre? Or is it too early to tell? He still hasn't played a full season worth of games, he had to learn a new system at the start of this season and his O-line isn't doing him too many favors. Are These growing pains or is this, who he is gonna be?

No we don't. He's been trash so far but has the tools and ability but is being held back by his offensive line and coaching staff, and those things better get fixed soon before we have another mentally damaged sack of **** on our hands.

there was one throw he made, on the first TD drive of the comeback where he threw it low & away where Hopkins had to fall back & down to get it. I rewound it a few times trying to figure out why he threw it the way he did.

of course it could have been an inaccurately thrown ball, but it looks like he saw defenders beyond the throw & don't trust Hopkins to catch the ball. Where Hopkins could have caught the ball & kept running if he threw it higher.

Then later, that TD throw to Fido, he puts it where Cj can catch it & keep running. But if Fido doesn't catch it, their safety may very well have intercepted it.

so I don't know.

he threw enough uncatchable balls today that I do question his accuracy.

My buddy is a big UCLA fan, so he watches a ton of PAC-12. He also knows his football. I asked him about Osweiller. He told me, "He's one of those guys, no matter how much time is left, he tends to bring his team back. " I finally see what he's talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know that ASU went 6-7 the year Osweiler became the starter?
:bat:

I wonder if this is the kind of win that can jump start a season? It's not an entirely Osweiler thing but until he actually does something that actually makes a difference the rest of the offense can say they're as impressed with him as they want but it's this close to just being what they're expected to say. Leading a comeback win is one of those things that sometimes make a difference between your teammates liking you/wanting to succeed with you at the helm and your teammates actually believing in you.

It was definitely a quarter of football that showed what was possible. Was it a preview of what's going to happen or just an offense flashing against a bad defense? Picking up where they left off when they get to Denver would go a long way toward answering that but really all of the remaining games are against teams that we could beat if we're firing on all cylinders or that could beat us like a drum if we're not.

@Denver
Detroit
@Jacksonville
@Oakland

San Diego
@Green Bay
@Indianapolis

Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@Tennessee

I could easily see us losing 6 or 7 of those games if we keep coming out like we did last night. Maybe more of them. We could also win 6 or 7 of them if we play the whole game like we did last nights 4th quarter and that would put us at 10-11 wins.

Reactions: Max
@Denver
Detroit
@Jacksonville
@Oakland

San Diego
@Green Bay
@Indianapolis

Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@Tennessee

I could easily see us losing 6 or 7 of those games if we keep coming out like we did last night. Maybe more of them. We could also win 6 or 7 of them if we play the whole game like we did last nights 4th quarter and that would put us at 10-11 wins.

We may have to realize Green Bay isn't a good team this year.

I know, I know... they've got Ted Thompson & Eliot Wolf, who were trained by Ron Wolf... but so far, six games in, they look bad.

Cincinnati ain't looking so hot either.

Last edited:
I wonder if this is the kind of win that can jump start a season? It's not an entirely Osweiler thing but until he actually does something that actually makes a difference the rest of the offense can say they're as impressed with him as they want but it's this close to just being what they're expected to say. Leading a comeback win is one of those things that sometimes make a difference between your teammates liking you/wanting to succeed with you at the helm and your teammates actually believing in you.

It was definitely a quarter of football that showed what was possible. Was it a preview of what's going to happen or just an offense flashing against a bad defense? Picking up where they left off when they get to Denver would go a long way toward answering that but really all of the remaining games are against teams that we could beat if we're firing on all cylinders or that could beat us like a drum if we're not.

@Denver
Detroit
@Jacksonville
@Oakland

San Diego
@Green Bay
@Indianapolis

Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@Tennessee

It's just like what many of us think.
This team is still a pretender until O'Brien shows he can prepare them to play the big boys.

Good enough to win a bad division, but wilt under the lime light.

If Osweiler fixes his flaws at the same rate that Schaub did, he can be a better than Good Schaub with his arm talent.

I just hate the wait, because with the cap space in the NFL, the Texans will lose some talents.

We may have to realize Green Bay isn't a good team this year.

I know, I know... they've got Ted Thompson & Eliot Wolf, who were trained by Ron Wolf... but so far, six games in, they look bad.

Cincinnati ain't looking so hot either.

@Denver
Detroit
@Jacksonville
@Oakland

San Diego
@Green Bay
@Indianapolis

Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@Tennessee

There is no one on that list who has played well enough for me to discount the Texans winning against them. I am still expecting a weak 10-6/ 9-7 division winner from the Texans. For all of the faults of this team under O'Brien they seem to get most of the wins they are supposed to get...kinda like the Rb who gets what's blocked and not much more.

Man, oh man... that drop to Strong gave me CHILL! It was inches away from the DB's finger tips, just a PERFECT PASS!!

Well, not to rain on your parade or the Texans, because I see the rays of hope too... but, the throw to Strong was underthrown. Jaelen had to slow down for the ball which gave the defender a chance to catch up and contest the play. That catch was completely due to Strong, not to Osweiler. A "perfect" pass on that play would have been a TD.

Again, this is more a point of information, not saying Oz sucks. The first half was terrible and I was on the verge of just throwing in the towel, but then the 4th quarter happened. Like I said, glimmers of hope do exist! WooHoo! Go TEXANS!!!!

First half playcalling was atrocious, second half playcalling was creative. They were able to get Miller to the outside which they have sorely needed, and they even ran a successful screen pass.

At this point, OBrien should let Oz call the plays. Or, Oz could just shoot the bird at Obrien from the huddle and call the play he wants.

Last edited:
Well, not to rain on your parade or the Texans, because I see the rays of hope too... but, the throw to Strong was underthrown. Jaelen had to slow down for the ball which gave the defender a chance to catch up and contest the play. That catch was completely due to Strong, not to Osweiler. A "perfect" pass on that play would have been a TD.

Again, this is more a point of information, not saying Oz sucks. The first half was terrible and I was on the verge of just throwing in the towel, but then the 4th quarter happened. Like I said, glimmers of hope do exist! WooHoo! Go TEXANS!!!!

First hald playcalling was atrocious, second half playcalling was creative. They were able to get Miller to the outside which they have sorely needed, and they even ran a successful screen pass.

At this point, OBrien should let Oz call the plays. Or, Oz could just shoot the bird at Obrien from the huddle and call the play he wants.

It may have been underthrown, but it was still out of play for the defender. For a throw that long, I will take it all day, any day. Put it in a place where Strong can make the, but the defender can't stop it, ad move the chains!

I don't think Oz was calling the plays, so much as BoB was closing the scope of the playbook a bit. Hopefully, Oz's light bulb goes on and he can get through his progressions faster and more accurately.

Reactions: ROO
I don't think Oz was calling the plays, so much as BoB was closing the scope of the playbook a bit. Hopefully, Oz's light bulb goes on and he can get through his progressions faster and more accurately.

I don't think O'b simplified or scaled back the playbook. I think being at home, where they cold hear on offense & the Colts defense not being very good were the biggest factors in this game.

Another was Miller taking his runs between the tackle & guard (XSF was a monster).

Other than that, there wasn't much difference. The right side of the OL did there job.. Osweiler had time.

I don't think there was much difference in play calling.

@Denver
Detroit
@Jacksonville
@Oakland

San Diego
@Green Bay
@Indianapolis

Jacksonville
Cincinnati
@Tennessee

Keep in mind I've openly stated dislike of Bill O'Brien. But we've tossed the phrase "work in progress" around all season. so, what does that mean?

I know it's a small sample size, but if we look at our Texans under O'Brien, we see that we usually start off slow, but finish strong. I think the reason for that is because O'b is teaching, both sides of the ball, in the early part of the season.

Kind of like preseason, the only difference is that you do want to win as many games as you can. Still it is more important that you learn who you are at this time than actually winning the game.

In 2014 we finished the season 6-4 after starting 3-3.

in 2015 we finished 7-3 after starting 2-4

Right now, we're 4-2. Still not playing good football on either side of the ball, but it's getting there. we've got 10 games left... who knows what will happen?

Most of them are on the road. But if we can go 5-5 the rest of the way, or do what O'b has "normally" done 6-4... 7-3

What a season it will be!

Who are all these other David Carr's? Who else was the #1 overall that refused to put in the work and film study to learn enough for the nfl game to slow down? Who else had his family at the facility getting in the coaches way? Name some names
I don't give a flip if he was the #1 pick and so called news reports say he didn't put in the work. He was thrust into the starting job on an expansion frigginig team with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

You want other examples of quarterbacks drafted in the top 10 who were thrust into starting roles before they were ready while playing for lousy teams. Tim Couch #1 draft choice in the NFL by the Cleveland Browns in 1999, Heath Shuler #3 overall pick by the Washington Redskins in 1994 , Andre Ware, In the 1990 draft Ware was the first round selection #7 overall of the Detroit Lions. . At the time these young men were drafted they were set up for failure by being thrust into starting roles before they were ready and/or they were thrust into thier starting roles on bad teams where they were ruined by the time thier rookie cotracts were up.

These are quarterbacks I remember and who are now recognized as bust. I am no fan of any of the teams they played on and have no knowledge of whether they were known to put in enough work. I do not think it would matter. They were all expected to do way more with lousy teams than they should have been expected to.

You say David Carr had no work ethic. Well I wouldn't have much of a work ethic playing behind that cardboard box of an offensive line. My love of the game would diminsh rather fast. By the time Gary Kubiak got to David Carr he was damaged beyond the point of fixing.

Let's for chits and grins assume his failure was do to him being lazy, that still does not negate the fact that you should never put a young quarterback out to start on expansion teams or teams with the typical level of suckitude that most expansion teams have.

So to all who constantly talk bad about David Carr, get over it. That was a long time ago. For the most part the Texans have been mired in suckitude to mediocrity and it would take someone very special at this point to lift this team an extra notch above what the coaching is and the talent it has. Those "IT" type quarterbacks are few and far between.

So to all who constantly talk bad about David Carr, get over it. That was a long time ago.

blah, blah, blah...

Heard all the excuses, don't care...

You forgot to include Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf

I'm not the one trying to justify his suckitude... I didn't bring him up

i absolutely told you guys brock is the truth. as soon as he lets loose he is top tier qb. hes just like tom brady, they cant just target one guy. as soon as brock stopped trying to force feed hopkins the ball he drove us to a win. fiedorowiz, miller, strong. houston, we have a solution!

I don't give a flip if he was the #1 pick and so called news reports say he didn't put in the work. He was thrust into the starting job on an expansion frigginig team with one of the worst offensive lines in the league.

You want other examples of quarterbacks drafted in the top 10 who were thrust into starting roles before they were ready while playing for lousy teams. Tim Couch #1 draft choice in the NFL by the Cleveland Browns in 1999, Heath Shuler #3 overall pick by the Washington Redskins in 1994 , Andre Ware, In the 1990 draft Ware was the first round selection #7 overall of the Detroit Lions. . At the time these young men were drafted they were set up for failure by being thrust into starting roles before they were ready and/or they were thrust into thier starting roles on bad teams where they were ruined by the time thier rookie cotracts were up.

These are quarterbacks I remember and who are now recognized as bust. I am no fan of any of the teams they played on and have no knowledge of whether they were known to put in enough work. I do not think it would matter. They were all expected to do way more with lousy teams than they should have been expected to.

You say David Carr had no work ethic. Well I wouldn't have much of a work ethic playing behind that cardboard box of an offensive line. My love of the game would diminsh rather fast. By the time Gary Kubiak got to David Carr he was damaged beyond the point of fixing.

Let's for chits and grins assume his failure was do to him being lazy, that still does not negate the fact that you should never put a young quarterback out to start on expansion teams or teams with the typical level of suckitude that most expansion teams have.

So to all who constantly talk bad about David Carr, get over it. That was a long time ago. For the most part the Texans have been mired in suckitude to mediocrity and it would take someone very special at this point to lift this team an extra notch above what the coaching is and the talent it has. Those "IT" type quarterbacks are few and far between.
You make a compelling argument for not throwing new QB's to the wolves. If you already have a good OL built you can put them in, like Prescott for the Cowboys.

You make a compelling argument for not throwing new QB's to the wolves. If you already have a good OL built you can put them in, like Prescott for the Cowboys.

To me, it all depends on if the guy can protect himself. Either get out of the pocket when protection breaks down, like Prescott, or Wilson. Or get the ball out on time, like Peyton or Palmer.

I prefer the guy who gets it out on time. Though I do enjoy watching those guys who can get out of the pocket.

There's only so much you can learn from the bench.

i absolutely told you guys brock is the truth. as soon as he lets loose he is top tier qb. hes just like tom brady, they cant just target one guy. as soon as brock stopped trying to force feed hopkins the ball he drove us to a win. fiedorowiz, miller, strong. houston, we have a solution!

Woah there pal might be pushing it a bit! I think it's best to hamper our expectations but I don't blame you for being excited. I hope this was that turning point in Brock's development in trusting his team and his talents. Throughout the game I felt like he missed basic reads and even when he had the right read, he just threw ducks. But during that comeback run he looked like a whole different quarterback.

One play that probably went overlooked was the first play for Brock in overtime. It was the first time I've really seen him stand in the pocket with clean feet and he calmly scanned through the entire field. The O-Line seemed to have blocked the play well at first but it looked like it was falling apart quickly. But Brock hung in there, looked around the whole field, went through all his progressions until he checked down to Fiedo. I don't know about you guys but that's the play that got me excited. Not the long ball the Strong (even though that was a pretty ballsy throw).

What we've seen too often (and even in this game), Brock doesn't seem to see the field well. His internal clock seems to be ticking down wayyy to fast. He hasn't been letting plays develop and that's leading to a bunch of forced throws and interceptions. But damn guys, I felt like little Brock has grown up right before our eyes :'). Looked like an entirely different player. Calm, cool, and collected in the entire comeback run. But hey it was against the 30th ranked defense in the NFL. I can't get too excited but I'm an optimist and hopefully this was Brock's turning point!

Last edited:

I here what you're saying. I agree with some of it.

But man... look at those routes. Hopkins doesn't do anything to get seperation. He's already up against the sideline, not much of a window to throw that ball even if he throws it before he makes the break.

Look at Strong, by the time the ball comes out of Osweiler's hand, Strong is on top of Miller. Looks like the play is designed as a quick slant. The ball probably should have been thrown as soon as the slot receiver clear that space out. Gron.. I mean Fiedorowicz could have blocked that defender, could have been a big play.

Fiedorowicz is sitting there when the ball comes out, he's got a defender on his hip... good thing 87 is as big as he is.

To me, that looks like Osweiler didn't put two & two together. Man coverage, those routes, Strong should have been his first read. Strong was open.

But, I wasn't in the meeting room. For all I know, O'b is telling him to do it just like he did.

But man... look at those routes.

Kubiak (and my vote for next year's head coach Lil Shanny) struggle when forced into late game spread situations, but even they have better route designs and combinations than this. IMO the better formation would've been TE left - the TE runs a 17 yard out, removing the top safety from the play and giving Hop more freedom in his curl. Recognizing ways to remove the over/under coverage against our outside WR's should be pretty easy, right??? The back needs to run a flare to avoid holding the LB in Strong's window for the slant (and subsequent cross if covered). The flare also gives the back a great natural pick and the closest defender is following the slot-out fade.

I'm a drunk kicker on his couch, so what do I know.

Reactions: ROO
To me, it all depends on if the guy can protect himself. Either get out of the pocket when protection breaks down, like Prescott, or Wilson. Or get the ball out on time, like Peyton or Palmer.

I prefer the guy who gets it out on time. Though I do enjoy watching those guys who can get out of the pocket.

Learning from the bench and learning by trial through fire to me depends on many factors. When it comes to succeeding and failing I think there is a pretty good argument to be had as to why the quarterbacks I mentioned should have sat on the bench for a couple of seasons and let a seasoned vet navigate the tough waters in a poorly built ship. At least the game has slowed down enough for a seasoned vet that has proven to be competent and that vet can do some good.

Starting rookie quarterbacks on expansion teams or on teams who are dang near the equivalent of expansion teams is failure waiting to happen for those young quarterbacks.

Whether a quarterback is ready to start immediately or sometime in thier first season depends on the quarterbacks and teams they are on and the situations at hand.

No matter if they are athletic enough you still need some semblance of an offensive line and decent weapons. Getting the nod to start right away on an exapansion or a team that is not much better than that is failure waiting to happen.

That is all I have left to say on this topic. Feel free to discuss it more but I am out in regards to discussing this any further.

blah, blah, blah...

Heard all the excuses, don't care...

You forgot to include Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf

I'm not the one trying to justify his suckitude... I didn't bring him up
Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf were left off because it was obvious from the start that thier maturity level was well below those I mentioned and they did get drafted into better situations than what the quarterbacks I mentioned were.

You can say David Carr did not work out due to his lack of dedication but I say his lack of dedication had more to do with the team he found himself on than him having a lack of interest in playing quarterback at the pro level.

I will not take this any further because it is a lost cause. People see things from thier own perspective and all it amounts to is different opinions with only modest evidence to back up either side.

The problem TK is that the quarterbacks I mentioned and those like them were and are too raw to come into bad situations and succeed. The pro game moves much faster and it takes time to get used to it. Being drafted by an expansion team or the equivalent of one is death to any rookie quarterback expected to start right away. A young upstart rookie quarterback drafted by an expansion team or a team as bad as a typical expansion team should have time to mature into his position. Even the athletic quarterbacks who can get out of the pocket and make things happen. The game moves too fast until they have spent a few training camps and preseasons and learned from a solid veteren quarterback who is nearing the end of his career.

That is all I have left to say on this topic. Feel free to discuss it more but I am out in regards to discussing this any further.

Really?

I will not take this any further because it is a lost cause.

Really?

The problem TK is that the quarterbacks I mentioned and those like them were and are too raw to come into bad situations and succeed.

The things you mention are things scouts look at to determine if a guy is a top of the first round, mid to late first round, 2nd... etc pick.

Guys who can't process NFL speed aren't drafted in the 1st round unless someone made a mistake.

David Carr didn't draft himself #1 overall. That's really about all we need to say about that.

Broncos want to beat Houston bad 'just because it's Brock'
Mike Klis, KUSA 8:40 PM. MDT October 17, 2016

“We know he left us, it is what it is,’’ said Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. “I’m pretty sure he wants to win. We want to beat him bad. Get a lot of interceptions.’’

Osweiler was the Broncos’ clipboard holding backup quarterback to Peyton Manning the previous 3 ½ season before the former second-round draft pick out of Arizona State finally got his chance in the final seven games of last season.

Those seven games went well, took, as Osweiler won five of seven games, including huge home, overtime victories against New England and Cincinnati, the Broncos’ top two contenders for the AFC’s No. 1 playoff seed.

But instead of re-signing with the Broncos three days after Manning retired on March 7, Osweiler decided instead to become a Houston Texan.

The Broncos play Houston on Monday night at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Osweiler decided to sign the Texans instead of the Broncos for many reasons, but four of the biggest: One, Houston offered a richer contract at four years for $72 million; two, the Texans didn’t bench him in the postseason last season; three, he preferred Bill O’Brien’s offensive system than that of Gary Kubiak; and four, he thought he had a better chance to win there than here.

Point four is the rub at UCHealth Training Center.

“I don’t think anybody in this locker room cares that he left,’’ said Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall. “I think everybody’s happy – when you’re a player in this league, you’re happy when another player gets his money, when he gets what he’s due. So everybody in this locker room, nobody has any ill-will towards Brock.

“At the same time, it’s competition and we want to shut him down. Just because it’s Brock. We know Brock. He came from here and we just want to kill him. That’s what we want to do.’’

So what does the Denver defense know they’re facing this week when they’re facing Osweiler?

“We know Brock likes to hold the ball so we feel like we can get a lot of good pressure on him, man,’’ Marshall said. “Just watching their offense I think this is going to be a great week for us.’’

There is the pass rush up front. And there is the coverage in back.

“He’s a gunslinger right now,’’ Harris said. “He’s throwing the ball a lot. He’s throwing the ball everywhere and he’s also forcing a lot of throws so there’s a lot of opportunities to get picks.’’

Normally in the days leading up to the next game, the Broncos talk about their opponent in glowing terms, as if they’re one step away from the Super Bowl.

That the Broncos aren’t holding back in their candor towards Osweiler’s hints at some underlying resentment. At least there was until they realized they may be better off with Trevor Siemian and first-round draft pick Paxton Lynch at a combined $2.95 million a year average than Osweiler at $18 million per.

“Of course, everybody was upset at first,’’ Harris said. “But right now what we’ve seen with Trevor everybody’s kind of forgotten about it. At first we were definitely mad but we’re starting to like Trevor and Paxton so we got over it pretty fast.’’

Reactions: Max
Paul Klee ‏@bypaulklee

#Broncos Brandon Marshall, smiling: "It’s Brock. We know Brock. He came from here. And we want to kill him. That’s just what we want to do.”

Hitman.jpg

can't stand disingenuous articles like the one Cloak posted above. The author has an actual quote in his article saying that the players are genuinely happy for the kid, yet there's allegedly some kind of personal vitriol against him b/c he left....lol, what??? These types of articles really give you insights into just how butthurt Bronco fans/media are that he spurned them....Like, how dare he leave us to take an overall better opportunity that will pay him more???? & Unless he's got Brock quoted as saying he thought he had a better chance to win here as opposed to there, he's totally reaching with his "4" reasons why the kid left. The reality is he didn't need any other reasons to want to leave there other than the 37 million reasons he got to come here. Any other "reasons" pale in comparison to that & all the butthurt fans and media know they not only would've personally made the same decision, but also too, they know he could've very well been stinging their asses for at least 16 million per if Brock's agent simply returned Elway's phone calls........& they would've been giddy to have him do it too.

Patrick Starr presented these interesting stats:

Osweiler on last Sunday Night.

Completion %
1Q: 20% (5 att)
2Q-OT: 70.5% (34 att.)
4Q-OT: 82.3% (17 att.)

The last three drives was just pure precision wet work to put the Colts to sleep permanently. I just KNEW if we could stop them after the first drive that we would tie it up and win in OT. I actually wanted us to go for the 2pt conversion and force the issue, but with the way our D was playing, I had no problem going into OT.

I always thought the two best friends any QB can have is good pass protection, and a running game. Brock had both last Sunday night and he still look shaky and unpromising. His two TD passes seems blessed from above. Miller running for his life and Fiedz going through a near life experience when that safety went after the int instead of his head.

Despite the outcome, those are not very good passes. I go as far as to say this was Brock worst game of the season because all the pieces were there for him to have a good game but the struggles were still so glaringly evident.

Am I crazy to think this may be the most comfortable game of the season for Brock? In the stadium he's played in most against the defense he is most familiar with? Add in the big comeback Sunday night, and this may very well be Brock's best game, yet.

Broncos' Von Miller says he has no hard feelings for Brock Osweiler

Published 3:01 pm, Thursday, October 20, 2016

Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller will spend Monday night chasing around Texans quarterback Brock Osweiler, his former teammate.

It won't be a case of anything personal, though, as Miller emphasized that he's fond of Osweiler and understands his decision to leave the Super Bowl champion Broncos and sign a four-year, $72 million contract with the Texans.

"Me and Brock went through the same type of period together, we both went through contract negotiations," Miller said during a conference call with Houston reporters. "I don't really have any hard feelings toward Brock. I want to see him do good this year. I want to see him be the kind of quarterback that the Houston Texans want him to be. I just don't want to see him do it on Monday. We love Brock. I love Brock."

In fact, Osweiler and Miller had conversations during that time when the quarterback was in the process of leaving the Broncos and Miller was in the midst of a difficult negotiation that culminated in the Super Bowl Most Valuable Player signing a six-year, $114.5 million contact that included $70 million guaranteed.

Osweiler went 5-2 as a starter for the Broncos before being replaced by Peyton Manning for the postseason. He was offered less money by the Broncos and chose to go with the Texans on a deal that included $37 million guaranteed.

"We talked during that period," Miller said. "I get where he's coming from. I 100 percent get why he made the decision that he made. It was the best decision for him and I have nothing but respect for that.

"It's just a little added sauce when you play against somebody you've played with before. It's just a little sauce on the top."

Brock Osweiler Sets The Record Straight With the Denver Media
9:19 AM

The Denver Media has been waiting for close to 7 months to get to talk to Brock Osweiler and the Houston Texans quarterback set the record straight.

Before every game, the Houston Texans talk to the opposing team’s media and, more times than not, there is not much news that come out of the discussions. That all changed over the off season with Brock Osweiler coming to the Texans which would turn into one of the hot buttons for the NFL pundits during the off-season.

The Denver media had their chance to talk to Bill O’Brien and Brock Osweiler. Here are some interesting points from their encounters with Denver media.

On whispers that Bill O’Brien was not part of the decision making process on bring Brock Osweiler to Houston. O’Brien met that question head-on and squashed that discussion in a hurry.

“There’s no truth to that. Anytime that you make decisions as it relates to personnel, it’s everybody being on the same page," said O’Brien. “Everybody is 100 percent behind him. This day and age with Twitter, there are so many things flying around out there, it’s amazing to me. It’s like people are so bored that they don’t have anything else to do, it’s ridiculous. That’s not true.”

Denver media finally got their chance to pin down Osweiler and talk to him about his exit from Denver seven months ago.

The first question was about why he did not attend the White House ceremony with the Broncos.

“It’s pretty simple. We had an OTA that Monday. As we’ve talked in the past, learning a new offense and a new system, like we went through in 2015 in Denver, it takes a lot of time. It takes a lot of repetitions and you can even multiply that when you are trying to learn a new system, learn new teammates and build chemistry. Bottom line, I wasn’t at the White House because we had an OTA that Monday when the Broncos visited the president and the White House. I felt like it was very important for me to be here with my new teammates and continue to learn this new system.”

Then came why he did not attend the ring ceremony

“The ring ceremony was the same deal. The ring ceremony was on Sunday night and we had a practice on Monday. If I went to the ring ceremony, I wouldn’t have been able to catch a flight to be back in time for OTAs. The bottom line is the same deal. There are so few OTAs and when you’re trying to learn a new system, learn new teammates and build chemistry with a new team, every single day is extremely important.”

On the difference between the offers between the Broncos and Texans.

“I really don’t want to get into hypotheticals or anything like that. Bottom line, Denver had the opportunity to extend an offer. In fact, they had a great, very long period of time to extend an offer so at the end of the day, right before free agency opened, there was two offers on the table, there was two things to examine, to explore, to try to do as much research on as possible to see what the best move moving forward would be. Ultimately, obviously I chose the Texans and that’s because that’s what I felt was best for my family and myself.

On why he chose the Texans over the Broncos.

“There were a number of things that went into this decision. It wasn’t like it was a decision that was made overnight. It was a decision that took up weeks post Super Bowl as we were heading into free agency. I don’t know if that was probably the correct thing for me to say. Bottom line, there were so many things that went into it. I have nothing but great feelings towards [Broncos Head] Coach [Gary] Kubiak, the rest of the staff and the system that he runs. I feel like I had great success in it last year. I really enjoyed playing in that system. What [Texans head] Coach [Bill] O’Brien is doing down here in Houston and, at the time, when I was doing my research on the Texans, it seemed like a phenomenal opportunity as a quarterback to play in a system like this. I was able to see [Broncos QB] Peyton [Manning] play in similar systems in 2012, '13 and '14. I don’t think any of us can deny what he was able to accomplish in those systems. As a quarterback, as a competitor, and as someone striving to do great things in this league, it just seemed like a great opportunity to play in a system that was similar to that.”

On his relationship with John Elway,

“I think we have a great relationship. In fact, I saw John up in Idaho this summer and we were able to visit for a few minutes, catch up, and ask how the family is doing. Once again, I have nothing but respect and appreciation for John Elway. At the end of the day, he’s been nothing but great for me. He gave me my first opportunity in the National Football League. He stuck with me for four years and really at the end of the day for John, nothing but love, respect and appreciation.”
**************************************************************************************************************

Certainly, answers to many questions Texans fans also have been left with............politically correct for sure............

The Broncos continue to make Osweiler the center attention/controversy. From the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/20/brock-osweiler-vs-broncos-defense/
Brock Osweiler: “I don’t feel like a marked man.” But Broncos “want to kill him”

Former Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler says leaving Denver was “the hardest decision of my life”
By Cameron Wolfe | cwolfe@denverpost.com
PUBLISHED: October 20, 2016 at 1:37 pm | UPDATED: October 21, 2016 at 7:10 am

Monday night’s game against Houston has been circled on the calendars of several Broncos defenders since the schedule was released in April. It doesn’t take much motivation for this proud defense.

But Denver is riding a two-game losing streak into a prime-time contest with many challenging the defense’s status as an elite group. For added incentive, the game marks the return to Denver for quarterback Brock Osweiler, who turned down a chance to lead the Broncos after quarterback Peyton Manning’s retirement. Osweiler instead chose the riches offered him by the Texans.

“He definitely left us for a reason,” linebacker Todd Davis said. “So I’m sure he’ll have some extra oomph coming in. And I’m sure we will, too. There will be some extra oomph from everybody.”

There’s no animosity toward the 25-year-old quarterback for leaving the defending Super Bowl champions. But the Broncos are salivating at the thought of getting after a former teammate who caught many by surprise when he signed a four-year, $72 million contract with the Texans on March 9.

“I can completely understand why everybody was extremely surprised and shocked at the time,” said Osweiler, who led the Broncos to a 5-2 record in his seven starts last season. “It was the hardest decision of my life.”

For the better part of four years, Osweiler ran the Broncos’ scout team against an emerging defense that learned his tendencies and intercepted his passes. They know him. Now they can’t wait to make plays against him.

Broncos pass rushers couldn’t hide their smiles this week when asked about Osweiler’s tendency to hold onto the ball in the pocket. That’s a big mistake going against Von Miller, Shane Ray, Derek Wolfe and the rest of the Broncos’ sack-hungry defenders. Osweiler has been sacked 12 times this season.

“Nobody has any ill will toward Brock, but at the same time it’s a competition and we want to shut him down,” Broncos linebacker Brandon Marshall said. “Just because it’s Brock, we know Brock. He came from here, and we want to kill him. That’s just what we want to do.”

The taste of a reputation tarnished by two sluggish performances in five days has the Broncos’ defense eager to get back to its brand of football. The Broncos sacked opponents 17 times over their first four games, but only twice in each of the past two games.

Playing a quarterback with shaky pocket presence might be one of the reasons for the smiles by the Broncos defenders.

“Tendencies don’t typically change. They just try to disguise them. But you are who you are, and you play how you play,” Ray said. “Different offense, different guys to throw the ball to, but quarterbacking don’t change. We just know him. I don’t have anything against Brock. Hopefully he’ll fall down easy for me.”

The defensive secondary also wants in on this. Cornerback Chris Harris noted Osweiler’s gunslinger mentality this season. Osweiler has thrown eight interceptions, tied for second worst in the NFL, which means there likely will be plenty of opportunities to make a play on the ball. Osweiler has struggled with intermediate routes, thrown 11-20 yards down field, completing just 47.9 percent, with two touchdown passes and five interceptions on 48 attempts.

Osweiler said it was the quarterback-friendly system run by Texans coach Bill O’Brien that played a part in him signing with Houston. He said being benched by Broncos coach Gary Kubiak in the Broncos’ regular season finale last season was frustrating, but had nothing to do with his decision to leave.

Another big factor in Osweiler’s decision to leave Denver was money. The Broncos were interested in retaining Osweiler but not giving him the huge deal Houston dangled. The Broncos spent much of the month after winning Super Bowl 50 and Osweiler’s departure waiting for Manning’s retirement decision.

“Denver had the opportunity to extend an offer,” Osweiler said. “In fact, they had a great, very long period of time to extend an offer.”
Osweiler faces the perils of his decision Monday night against a swarming Denver defense. The Broncos want to prove that it was the wrong choice.

“I don’t feel like a marked man, whether that’s how they feel or not,” Osweiler said. “I have nothing but love and respect for everybody in that organization, and especially the players.”

A significant portion of the crowd in Denver will boo Osweiler. And Broncos defenders will have “some extra oomph” as they look to make plays and punish him.

They don’t hate him, but it may seem like it come Monday night.

Back