Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Nick Caserio - New GM

Why not hire EB? You do also know the Miami head coach is a minority also right?

Because EB hid one of his players raping a girl while at Colorado. Also I think that offense is more about Reid/Mahomes/Kelce than EB.

Absolutely loved the McDaniel hire. Would love a Demeco hire too. Just not for the Texans. I want an offensive minded HC with experience developing QB's. Or Wes Phillips for obvious reasons. LaFluer/Kalfka/Dorsey are guys I like alot too.

Any good offensive coaches that are minorities out there? I was high on Leftwich but his star seems to have fallen. He should've taken the Jags job.

Accountable for being 1-10-1

He is the GM after all.
This is what a rebuild looks like.

What did you expect with a talentless team that's best players are rookies? I expected 4 wins and they should have 2. (Thanks Lovie) I expected them to sweep the Jags, beat the Bears and win 1 against the other division teams.

Which team have they played that you feel the Texans were the most talented/better coached team? It was always going to take a couple of yrs to cleanup the mess BOB left behind.

Last edited:
This is what a rebuild looks like.

What did you expect with a talentless team that's best players are rookies? I expected 4 wins and they should have 2. (Thanks Lovie) I expected them to sweep the Jags, beat the Bears and win 1 against the other division teams.

Which team have they played that you feel the Texans were the most talented/better coached team?

But that’s the whole point isn’t it?

He who has had two years to rebuild this dumpster fire.

without a glimmer of hope. Going to build your franchise on a 4th rd RB who only saw spot duty in College. Pass on elite talent for the injury riddled. Trade away cheap late round picks for would be market free agents. List is long and deep just two years in.

hope is the only thing Texans had.

But that’s the whole point isn’t it?

He who has had two years to rebuild this dumpster fire.

without a glimmer of hope. Going to build your franchise on a 4th rd RB who only saw spot duty in College. Pass on elite talent for the injury riddled. Trade away cheap late round picks for would be market free agents. List is long and deep just two years in.

hope is the only thing Texans had.

2 yrs without a 1st/2nd rd pick in yr 1 and he found 1 starter Collins by trading up using some of those late rd picks. He also found some good depth pieces in Lopez/Jordan. He also has added a couple of good FA's in Tavierre Thomas/M. Collins/King. What more did you expect with so little draft capital and in cap hell? I always said it would take 2 yrs to START the rebuild. The Derrick trade somewhat sped that up by a yr but it's still yr 2. The reason the Texans look so bad is because of poor QB play. Caserio took a shot on Mills and it didn't workout. Well that and not being able to stop the run. I'm not sure what Caserio should've done differently? Just remember that after yr 2 the same things were being said about Luhnow that's being said about Caserio now. Imagine if Crane had caved to the media and fired Luhnow after his 2nd 100 loss season.

With lesser picks KC GM Brett Veach filled several key starting roles not just one or two -
2022_Chiefs_DC-1.png

Unless Caserio has a real coach for the future in mind already, I say might as well stick it out with Lovie another year, suck again, which they will, then get your new QB and HC in 2024.
I think he had guys in mind when he fired Culley. There were 4 ex-Pats available. McDaniels, Daboll, Flores, and Mayo. He couldn't get any of them. Casario has no juice here. If we're waiting for Nick to pull a rabbit out of his hat, we'll be waiting a very long time. If the idea is to lose again in 2023 (and they will if it's the plan or not), getting a good HC candidate to come work for Cal & Nick won't be any easier.

So, tank with Nick & Lovie for 1 more year. Dump them both after the 2023 season.

With lesser picks KC GM Brett Veach filled several key starting roles not just one or two -
2022_Chiefs_DC-1.png
This looks like the Chiefs had a boatload of picks.

I will take the Texans top 6 picks over the Chiefs. Although I love Pacheco and wanted Caserio to pick him to pair with Pierce.

What RB do you want Caserio to pair with Pierce out of this draft. I'm talking 5th rd pick or so?

This looks like the Chiefs had a boatload of picks.

I will take the Texans top 6 picks over the Chiefs. Although I love Pacheco and wanted Caserio to pick him to pair with Pierce.

What RB do you want Caserio to pair with Pierce out of this draft. I'm talking 5th rd pick or so?
I'm intrigued by Emory Jr from LSU. I also like Dye from USC. I like Deuce Vaugh from KState, and the other Johnson from UT wouldn't be bad either. If Achane falls far enough, he'd be a good lightning option.

Because EB hid one of his players raping a girl while at Colorado. Also I think that offense is more about Reid/Mahomes/Kelce than EB.

Absolutely loved the McDaniel hire. Would love a Demeco hire too. Just not for the Texans. I want an offensive minded HC with experience developing QB's. Or Wes Phillips for obvious reasons. LaFluer/Kalfka/Dorsey are guys I like alot too.

Any good offensive coaches that are minorities out there? I was high on Leftwich but his star seems to have fallen. He should've taken the Jags job.

I also get the feeling that EB isn't the type to want to come here and take orders...I think that's part of the reason he hasn't gotten a gig yet....He's a guy that i think wants full control & no team has been willing to give him that.......yet.

Coaching matters.

Andy is a HOF coach and Lovie isn’t nowhere close to being one. According to a select few you can not compare those two because one is a HOF coach.

Pretty much.

2022_Chiefs_DC-1.png
lets not kid ourselves and act like his job "filling" in starting positions hasn't been made easier having 1 of the best playcallers in NFL history helping him along with the best qb in the league making it go. The Chiefs right now are vitually guaranteed to score at least 25 pts every time they hit the field b/c of 2 guys. That gives Veach alot of leeway in being able to miss...Like he did with CEH....Karlaftis ain't looking to hot either.

Pretty much.

lets not kid ourselves and act like his job "filling" in starting positions hasn't been made easier having 1 of the best playcallers in NFL history helping him along with the best qb in the league making it go. The Chiefs right now are vitually guaranteed to score at least 25 pts every time they hit the field b/c of 2 guys. That gives Veach alot of leeway in being able to miss...Like he did with CEH....Karlaftis ain't looking to hot either.

In the process they’ve rebuilt their OL. Secondary completely retooled, thank you Justin Reed, plus picks that all hit. And Linebackers are just nasty, real nasty and underrated because choads focus on the QB. Oh yeah, doesn’t matter who he throws to they all produce and new for 2022. Don’t give GM credit. Please:zipit:

Considering how the Patriots have looked without Brady (and what he did in Tampa), I don't think their success was due to the "Patriot's Way"
My opinion of the "Patriot's Way" is really the Jimmy Johnson way. Belichick learned from Johnson to wheel and deal to accumulate a lot more draft picks than all of his competition. That and being lucky enough to draft the GOAT is what made Belichick and New England. Bob Kraft and the Patriots were able to catch lightning in a bottle.

In the process they’ve rebuilt their OL. Secondary completely retooled, thank you Justin Reed, plus picks that all hit. And Linebackers are just nasty, real nasty and underrated because choads focus on the QB. Oh yeah, doesn’t matter who he throws to they all produce and new for 2022. Don’t give GM credit. Please:zipit:
Many teams would give their right arm to have a GM like Veach.

Lol, this is nothing to really brag about from Veach's perspective. retooled their o-line? Lol, that great rebuilt o-line with anyone other than Mahomes back there is nothing special. That o-line is what cost them the game last week lol. The "completely retooled" secondary is ranked in the mid 20's against the pass & the oveall defense around the same in points allowed..& that's only b/c they are pretty good against the rush...or are they? Teams typically have to abandon the run when they play the chiefs b/c they get behind early. So just like with the o-line, with any other qb back there who can't put up the points Mahomes & co put up, their defense with all those great Veach draft picks....it isn't that great........

The reason "choads" focus on the qb...... is b/c he along with Reid are the 2 primary guys that makes it all go....yes even their defense gets a pass b/c the offense is so prolific that its hard to outscore them and keep the offense down....They are basically the GSW of the NFL & Mahomes is Steph Curry.

Last edited:
Are we not factoring in how great Andy and staff is in developing players? Are we not factoring in the veterans they already had in that system before they brought those players in? Are we not factoring in the situations between these two teams? Kansas City is not going through the crap the Texans went through and are still going through.
Their GM has a very cushy job compared to what Caserio has right now.

This is why he got the GM job.

He's also done a good job as GM.
Yes. Also, Dorsey has a reputation for a prickly personality. He and Reid clashed over his management style and lack of communication. So, when his contract was about to expire and Reid's longtime protege was ready, they fired Dorsey. Another case where the HC wins a power struggle and then hires his GM.

Are we not factoring in how great Andy and staff is in developing players? Are we not factoring in the veterans they already had in that system before they brought those players in? Are we not factoring in the situations between these two teams? Kansas City is not going through the crap the Texans went through and are still going through.
Their GM has a very cushy job compared to what Caserio has right now.

Not saying KC are the Texans. That could not be farther from the truth, in fact polar opposites.

KC is the total package. Coaching, Players and GM. Great thing about Veatch is his ability to draw upon his staff, coaches and players ideal finding great fits literally any round of the draft. His late round picks make other teams look foolish, not just the Texans.

Not saying KC are the Texans. That could not be farther from the truth, in fact polar opposites.

KC is the total package. Coaching, Players and GM. Great thing about Veatch is his ability to draw upon his staff, coaches and players ideal finding great fits literally any round of the draft. His late round picks make other teams look foolish, not just the Texans.
And that is because their foundation is set. That is why you can draft late round players and make them fit into your plan. The Patriots did it for 20+ years and was historical successful. And guess what Nick was apart of that.
But the big difference is those two franchises never encountered the silly crap the Texans went/going through. This mess probably won’t be cleaned up until 5 years from now.

Last edited:
And that is because their foundation is set. That is why you can draft late round players and make the fit into your plan. The Patriots did it for 20+ years and was historical successful. And guess what Nick was apart of that.
But the big difference is those two franchises never encountered the silly crap the Texans went/going through. This mess probably won’t be cleaned up until 5 years from now.
The Texans will get a new owner?
Yahoo.

My opinion of the "Patriot's Way" is really the Jimmy Johnson way. Belichick learned from Johnson to wheel and deal to accumulate a lot more draft picks than all of his competition. That and being lucky enough to draft the GOAT is what made Belichick and New England. Bob Kraft and the Patriots were able to catch lightning in a bottle.
The Patriots also didn’t over-value players… the Cowboys did & do

Reactions: JB

2 things are for sure, Lovie's not Reid and Veach is allowed by ownership to pick players that no Texans GM has ever been allowed to pick. I've said since 2010 until this changes the Texans org will never win a championship. My thoughts remain the same.

I like the Texans draft better although the Chiefs may end up with a better draft due to the sheer volume of picks.

And that is because their foundation is set. That is why you can draft late round players and make the fit into your plan. The Patriots did it for 20+ years and was historical successful. And guess what Nick was apart of that.

And most likely Caserio wont be the GM by then.

2 things are for sure, Lovie's not Reid and Veach is allowed by ownership to pick players that no Texans GM has ever been allowed to pick. I've said since 2010 until this changes the Texans org will never win a championship. My thoughts remain the same.

I like the Texans draft better although the Chiefs may end up with a better draft due to the sheer volume of picks.

Chiefs lost to the Bengals (who have their number) in the 2021-2022 Conference Championship game. The Texans had the 3rd & 13th overall pick. They damn sure of had a better draft. Yet they didn’t. Go figure, what say ye sir Nick?

So Nagy can get a job even though he was under Reid, but EB can't huh? If its part of a rebuild and the coach who will be here after the carnage isn't going to be here, why does it matter? I mean Culley and Lovie, for real? Pep and Kelley? So EB can hide players during a rape and be a oc, but not a head coach?

I think he had guys in mind when he fired Culley. There were 4 ex-Pats available. McDaniels, Daboll, Flores, and Mayo. He couldn't get any of them. Casario has no juice here. If we're waiting for Nick to pull a rabbit out of his hat, we'll be waiting a very long time. If the idea is to lose again in 2023 (and they will if it's the plan or not), getting a good HC candidate to come work for Cal & Nick won't be any easier.

So, tank with Nick & Lovie for 1 more year. Dump them both after the 2023 season.
I still think Mayo is the one. He's going to wait 1 more terrible season.

So Nagy can get a job even though he was under Reid, but EB can't huh? If its part of a rebuild and the coach who will be here after the carnage isn't going to be here, why does it matter? I mean Culley and Lovie, for real? Pep and Kelley? So EB can hide players during a rape and be a oc, but not a head coach?
Not sure what Nagy has to do with it, or Reid either. EB wasn't associated with either at the time of the rape. I think EB hasn't got a HC because of his interviews

Not sure what Nagy has to do with it, or Reid either. EB wasn't associated with either at the time of the rape. I think EB hasn't got a HC because of his interviews
He wasn't, but he was hired by Reid after the fact. He was rge rb coach when AP was there. All I'm saying is if this was a place for a hold the fort coach, why not try someone young like EB? If te grand scheme is to get this mess clean, then bring in the coach you really want, why not EB?

He wasn't, but he was hired by Reid after the fact. He was rge rb coach when AP was there. All I'm saying is if this was a place for a hold the fort coach, why not try someone young like EB? If te grand scheme is to get this mess clean, then bring in the coach you really want, why not EB?
Didn't they interview EB in 2021? Perhaps he told them no thanks or he wanted too much? Too much unknown for me, but I don't think the plan was for a placeholder HC

Back