Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

I'd already turned off the TV and missed it. Damn. Well hell, at least the Vikings won. I have someone to root for now! Go Vikings and Go Keenum!
Buy cable this year, Thorn!
Astros are going to be fun to watch every game.
Going for back-to-back World Series titles in 2018.

Bortles, Foles and Keenum.

You know what they all have in common?

Great defenses.
True but Tom Brady and the Patriots will likely win the Super Bowl again. And then next year Deshaun Watson will win the first of many Super Bowls. Tom Brady will have to pass the torch to Deshaun.

Vikings are a lot of fun to watch. Texans are like cutting your wrists and watching them bleed out when Watson wasn't out there so for this season that was a rare fun game for me.

Thank god we kept Savage and kicked Case to the curb. OB really dodged a bullet with that QB-Guru call.

What happened to Greg Ward Jr.?

Didn't the Eagles sign him as an undrafted free agent? Did they move him from quarterback to wide receiver or something? He's on their practice squad?

I actually thought Greg Ward Jr. could be the next Russell Wilson. LOL. Smaller athletic quarterbacks were supposed to get more of a look. But I guess not. Pro scouts hated the thought of Greg Ward Jr. and even Braxton Miller as NFL quarterbacks.

Glad to see Case Keenum having some success.
Will it last? I really hope he goes to the Super Bowl!

I watched Case as a star QB at UH, and I am happy that his career didn’t end there. I wish him continued success in the NFL.

It looked to me like the defender was trying not to commit PI which would have set up the Vikings for a chance at the game winning FG.

Case is a fraud? Are you being serious or just screwing around?

Case is NOT a fraud, he'll be a starting QB next season.
Yup a fraud, that game was lost till undercover Viking whiffed on open field tackle
Dude watch that play. It was intentional to miss lol. If he makes the tackle case blows a 17pt and we have a different story

Yup a fraud, that game was lost till undercover Viking whiffed on open field tackle
Dude watch that play. It was intentional to miss lol. If he makes the tackle case blows a 17pt and we have a different story

I can't be wasting my time with you, I have a Bigfoot seminar and a meeting of the Flat Earth society to attend.

Stand 10 yards down field and tackle the guy, it was the last play of the game.

To make a golf analogy of this play, it's like being lined up for a 10' birdie putt to win the Masters and being so afraid to hit the ball past the cup that you barely tap it and it only goes 8 feet.

Vikings are a lot of fun to watch. Texans are like cutting your wrists and watching them bleed out when Watson wasn't out there so for this season that was a rare fun game for me.

Thank god we kept Savage and kicked Case to the curb. OB really dodged a bullet with that QB-Guru call.

What could've been,

The Texans QB is case, the FO spends $$$$ like the Vikes did on the OL and the Texans still have two 1st rd picks.

What could've been,

The Texans QB is case, the FO spends $$$$ like the Vikes did on the OL and the Texans still have two 1st rd picks.
Stop making me drool like that, steelb!
We ended up with Deshaun Watson. It's okay.

If Deshaun is healthy we're better than the playoff caliber Titans. We spanked the sorry Titans, 57-14, with Deshaun producing 5 TDs in that game! We're a playoff team in 2018 with Deshaun, Watt and Mercilus all back on the field and dominating, IMO. I'm not too concerned.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account@RapSheet

Sources: The #Titans have offered coach Mike Mularkey an extension in the wake of their playoff run. He’s staying.

5:42 PM - 14 Jan 2018
Too funny! Their playoff run in 2017 only existed because Deshaun Watson had gotten hurt on a fluke non-contact practice drill. With Deshaun Watson, the Texans spanked that ass, 57-14! The Titans are no better than a "healthy Texans team."

Stop making me drool like that, steelb!
We ended up with Deshaun Watson. It's okay.

If Deshaun is healthy we're better than the playoff caliber Titans. We spanked the sorry Titans, 57-14, with Deshaun producing 5 TDs in that game! We're a playoff team in 2018 with Deshaun, Watt and Mercilus all back on the field and dominating, IMO. I'm not too concerned.
Definitely need to stiffen the oline though man.
Hopefully that not only protects DW4, but also opens up the running game more.

And BOB is supposed to be a "QB guru"...the QB he cut twice just led his team to the NFC championship...
But Bill O'Brien just got a four-year extension and will be here for another five years. Case Keenum is only playing on a one year contract worth $950,000. He'll be an unrestricted free agent this off-season. An NFL franchise has shown their loyalty and trust to Bill O'Brien. Not the case for Keenum "yet."

Will the Vikings pony up that "franchise money" to Keenum? What will they do with Bridgewater and Bradford? We need to see how far this Case Keenum Cinderally story can go. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl I believe Case Keenum is worth every penny to re-sign long term. He's had a fairytale season: 12-3 as a starter this year, including today's playoff win. But he's not exactly Tom Brady or Kurt Warner just yet. If he gets two more wins then we'll talk.

Where did I say anything about Ricky, or BOB in that post?

I was just pointing out what could've been.

Sometimes I think you like starting arguments with yourself.
You and I think alike, steelb!
Your comments always excite me.
Except that I have decided to move on. LOL

We have Deshaun Watson, when healthy he's an MVP caliber quarterback, the guy was on pace to shatter all the rookie records this year before he had gotten hurt. He had us in position to beat the Patriots at Foxborough as a rookie! He gave us the #1 scoring offense in the NFL, in terms of points per game and yardage, for a full month with a makeshift and weak offensive line!

If Deshaun Watson is healthy we're not even caring about what Case Keenum is doing. Watson is so superior to Keenum all across the board. I'm happy for Keenum right now, but let's not go crazy here. We have our franchise quarterback and I'm happy.

Case will be starting for someone next year, you can rest assured of that.
Agreed. But Deshaun Watson will be putting up video game numbers and possibly winning the 2018 league MVP award. Case Keenum is a nice feel good story but Deshaun Watson has a chance to become a special franchise quarterback for many years to come.

But Bill O'Brien just got a four-year extension and will be here for another five years. Case Keenum is only playing on a one year contract worth $950,000. He'll be an unrestricted free agent this off-season. An NFL franchise has shown their loyalty and trust to Bill O'Brien. Not the case for Keenum "yet."

Will the Vikings pony up that "franchise money" to Keenum? What will they do with Bridgewater and Bradford? We need to see how far this Case Keenum Cinderally story can go. If the Vikings win the Super Bowl I believe Case Keenum is worth every penny to re-sign long term. He's had a fairytale season: 12-3 as a starter this year, including today's playoff win. But he's not exactly Tom Brady or Kurt Warner just yet. If he gets two more wins then we'll talk.

But he's gotten his team farther than any QB we've had under Obrien. He's also played better than any QB we've had under Obrien except for Watson. Keenum was cut in favor of Mallett and we know how that went. Bridgewater wasn't active for today's game and there are assumptions the Vikings will move on from Bridgewater and keep Keenum and Bradford.

Case will be starting for someone next year, you can rest assured of that.
This years play may just have bought him tier two level money next season.
If he wins the NFC title, do you think Vikings move on from him or give him more time to develop further in their system?

But he's gotten his team farther than any QB we've had under Obrien. He's also played better than any QB we've had under Obrien except for Watson. Keenum was cut in favor of Mallett and we know how that went. Bridgewater wasn't active for today's game and there are assumptions the Vikings will move on from Bridgewater and keep Keenum and Bradford.
Fair enough. I honestly just feel our lack of AFC Championship Game appearances has just been bad luck in the past. To be fair, we just drafted a special franchise quarterback in 2017 and he had gotten hurt. So I'm not going to dwell over the past before that. Matt Schaub was good for a few years but I never had confidence in him ever leading us to a Super Bowl. With Deshaun Watson, I feel like he can lead us to two or three Super Bowls in the future. Maybe even four or five Super Bowls. The future is bright for Deshaun!

Agreed. But Deshaun Watson will be putting up video game numbers and possibly winning the 2018 league MVP award. Case Keenum is a nice feel good story but Deshaun Watson has a chance to become a special franchise quarterback for many years to come.

Case Keenum is going to the NFC championship while Deshaun is at home rehabbing. And no I'm not saying I would take Case over Deshaun.

I'll take Watson over Case any day of the week. Doesn't take away from Case being a starter next season. And if you consider that in all honesty, that's not that great of a compliment considering the competency level of some of the starting QBs in the league.

Case Keenum is going to the NFC championship while Deshaun is at home rehabbing. And no I'm not saying I would take Case over Deshaun.
Right now, of course. But next season is what we're talking about. Thorn said Case will be starting for some team next year. That's all fine and dandy but Deshaun Watson is a far superior talent compared to Case Keenum. We have the right quarterback in place is all I'm saying. What if the Texans had kept Case Keenum and he eventually thrived here? We wouldn't have Deshaun Watson.

Lol you really think Keenum will be starter for minni next year

This years play may just have bought him tier two level money next season.
If he wins the NFC title, do you think Vikings move on from him or give him more time to develop further in their system?

At this point, it doesn't matter what Case does now, even if he has a bad game and loses next week. The Vikings can franchise him, and then trade him or one of their other QBs for draft choices, because they sure as hell aren't going to keep all three of them.

You and I think alike, steelb!
Your comments always excite me.
Except that I have decided to move on. LOL

We have Deshaun Watson, when healthy he's an MVP caliber quarterback, the guy was on pace to shatter all the rookie records this year before he had gotten hurt. He had us in position to beat the Patriots at Foxborough as a rookie! He gave us the #1 scoring offense in the NFL, in terms of points per game and yardage, for a full month with a makeshift and weak offensive line!

If Deshaun Watson is healthy we're not even caring about what Case Keenum is doing. Watson is so superior to Keenum all across the board. I'm happy for Keenum right now, but let's not go crazy here. We have our franchise quarterback and I'm happy.

I've moved on too, I just hope Watson can stay healthy.

I also like looking back at how things go down in the NFLand the repercussions of the personnel decisions made by NFL GM's.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how Dorsey and Lynch rebuild the 49ers/Browns.

At this point, it doesn't matter what Case does now, even if he has a bad game and loses next week. The Vikings can franchise him, and then trade him or one of their other QBs for draft choices, because they sure as hell aren't going to keep all three of them.
Keenum is the only one of the three that is genuinely proven himself to be better than a good backup.
Bridgewater is about the same but seems injury prone and Keenum is better (more consistent) than Bradford so I think he's a keeper and starter until someone proves they are better.

Back