Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Fournette is back, but it looks like Pittsburgh just attended a fire and brimstone locker room meeting.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/panthers-nfl-weaving-tangled-cam-154314071.html
Panthers, NFL weaving a tangled web on Cam Newton
ProFootball Talk on NBC Sports • Mike Florio • Sat, Jan 13 9:43 AM CST
eced94e6eee0ab48d220cb28d42fe194

Oh, what a tangled web we weave when something something the Panthers are lying.

It’s not just the Panthers. The NFL, hopeful to avoid another embarrassment arising from what otherwise would be a blatant violation of the ever-evolving concussion protocol, may be in on it, too.

So is Adam Schefter of ESPN, who has passed along without any analysis or scrutiny the ridiculous notion that Cam Newton stumbled to the ground on the way to the sideline last Sunday because of a knee injury. A knee injury.

Go back and watch the video. At no point does team personnel ever check Newton’s knee. At no point does he ever point to his knee or his leg.

The party line was that he had been poked in the eye. Then, when the team realized how goofy it sounded that Newton couldn’t make it three or four more steps to the sideline without collapsing over an alleged poke in the eye, Panthers officials admitted that Newton was told to get down on the ground so that backup quarterback Derek Anderson would have more time to get ready to enter the game.

I thought this game was going to be a low scoring defensive battle. Sacksonville versus Blitzburgh. Instead it's had many big-yardage plays and big-yardage Touchdowns. Very high scoring game with a lot of fireworks.

Is this Blake Bortles' coming out party? I didn't think he had it in him to win a big playoff game on the road. You have to give him credit. He's playing well and stepped up in the second half when it looked like the Steelers were about to regain the momentum a few different times.

Damn, the Jags are winning.

All it takes is Bortles hitting a few bombs and that team is hard to beat.
What do the Texans need to do this off-season to be able to compete with a loaded Jaguars team next year? The Jaguars will be getting back a good wide receiver in Allen Robinson. He missed all of this year when he tore his ACL back in Week 1 against the Texans.

Imagine if the Jaguars had their stud wideout Allen Robinson? I would actually give them a good chance to beat the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game next weekend.

I still think the Patriots will repeat as Super Bowl champions, but if the Jaguars can upset them maybe that's good for the AFC South. Maybe that's good for the league in general.

The Jags are having a good day, not at all what I expected. Wouldn't it be hell if the fricking jaggies ended up in the super bowl, the crap we'd have from their fans......

Almost makes me want to root for Brady next week, but that might be even more difficult than watching the Jags upset them.

The Jags are having a good day, not at all what I expected. Wouldn't it be hell if the fricking jaggies ended up in the super bowl, the crap we'd have from their fans......

Almost makes me want to root for Brady next week, but that might be even more difficult than watching the Jags upset them.
LOL, same here Thorn.

Cheering for Tom Brady may be okay though.

After all, Tom Brady is a big Deshaun Watson fan. He even praised him earlier this season after we nearly upset the Pats at Foxborough.

I've grown to admire Tom Brady over the years.

I believe Romo mentioned last night that he expects AFC South to be a tough division next year with the return of Watson and Luck adding to what they already have.

I believe Romo mentioned last night that he expects AFC South to be a tough division next year with the return of Watson and Luck adding to what they already have.
I agree, but in order for the Texans to be able to take down the Jaguars in 2018 we're going to need more than a healthy Deshaun Watson. We're going to need a healthy J.J. Watt, Whitney Mercilus and Jadeveon Clowney all year long. Our defense has to dominate. If our front seven is elite we'll be on par with the Jaguars even if our secondary is still feast or famine. A strong pass rush can make any secondary look good.

Jax will be QB searching after this season
maybe....

or maybe Bortles is buying himself an extension by going toe-to-toe with Big Ben.

... oh and did anyone mention the Jags used the same search firm we did, Korn Ferry, to find their head coach a couple of years ago?

It's going to be a extremely tough division next year, all four teams are going to be competitive (presuming Luck is 100%).

It'll be interesting to see how the Jags handle the CAP and signing some of their rookie talent going forward.

Amazing! If the NFL accepts all these cock and bull stories deflecting the fact that Newton suffered a concussion and should have been pulled immediately........and don't delve out any significant punishment to the team and its medical overseers, the facade of safety is just that.........one big sad facade.

I wasn't even watching the game until I saw the score was 28-14, then started watching. I didn't expect this out of the Jaggies, especially when you consider Pittsburg played well enough to beat just about anybody in the league. Jacksonville had themselves a day. But, again I predict their next game to be a loss. They won't get by New England.

After having just said that about Pittsburg. LOL

Someone asked about Shazier. Bottom line, the early reports that he showed some movement in his legs appear to be false. Videos avoid showing his lower limbs for a reason. Unfortunately, at this point in time, he will be very lucky to ever be able to walk again, even moreso without assistance. The talk still being expressed about him returning to football is entirely unrealistic.

I want to see Keenum do well and get a good contract. I have liked and followed his success since he was at UH.
Can you imagine if the Vikings played the Jaguars in the Super Bowl? We'd never hear the end of it from Texian, about how the Texans once had Case Keenum or that they should have drafted Blake Bortles. Even though I believe Deshaun Watson is a better quarterback than both of those guys.

The Titans OT Jack Conklin tore his ACL yesterday..................#48 since the beginning of TC / #50 since the beginning of the League year.

Can you imagine if the Vikings played the Jaguars in the Super Bowl? We'd never hear the end of it from Texian, about how the Texans once had Case Keenum or that they should have drafted Blake Bortles. Even though I believe Deshaun Watson is a better quarterback than both of those guys.
I think sometimes the system can bring out the best in some players and the previous teams, and no knocks against them, still would not necessarily have had the same results. The same goes for players seeming to be hall of famers on one team and average at best on another.

How old is Erin Andrews? She is beautiful as ever!
She needs her own TV show, nationally syndicated.
I was about to flip the channel. Saints are still down 17 points.

Man, Case Keenum's inexperience in the playoffs is starting to show late in the third quarter. Can the Saints come back to steal this game after being down 17-0?

Keenum frequently tries to force the pass when he should just really throw it away. But he also makes some good completions that way.

Bummer dudes. Saints lead 21-20 now late in the game.
Case Keenum and the Vikings once led 17-0!

I knew that late third quarter INT would haunt Case.
But 3:01 left in the game. Can Case pull off some magic?
All the Vikings need to do is get into FG range on this drive.

Let's go Case Keenum! Get your team to the NFC Championship Game! This is your drive, kid. Pass like you've never passed before. This is what it's all about!!!!

That Vikings kicker is so clutch! Who is he again?

Vikings regain a 23-21 lead. Amazing!!!

Although 1:29 is a lot of time for Drew Brees.
All the Saints need to do is get into FG range themselves.

Imagine if the Vikings had that kicker during the 1998 NFC Championship Game, maybe they'd have made the Super Bowl that year? Gary Anderson was money that season (didn't miss) but he missed a critical field goal that could have won the NFC Championship for the Vikings.

Too bad. I actually don't care about the SB now with the Vikings out of it. I do hope that whatever AFC team gets there, loses. **** the Patsies and the Jags.

Holy crap. I turned away and minisota scored
What the heck happened?!!!!!!!

I saw Saints regain the lead and had to go get groceries from the garage. I come back and Case Keenum is jumping up and down, celebrating a game-winning Touchdown catch.

What a game!!!! I'm so happy for Case Keenum.
Case is one win away from going to the Super Bowl!

Vikings can become the first team in NFL History to play a Super Bowl inside their own stadium. The previous seven teams, none of them advanced past the divisional round, including the Texans last year.

Case Keenum and the Vikings are the first team to advance to the conference championship game just one win shy of reaching the Super Bowl inside their own stadium.

Back