Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Random Thought of the Day

nathan peterman shows why teams don't "just see what a guy got" or why "the other guy is not usually any better"...5 interceptions in less than a half of football is as bad as it gets..

Us Peterman fans are bird lovers at turkey time

Prescott doesn't have the perfect Oline or the perfect running game...........and most importantly the League has had time to figure him out.

Tom Brady missed Wed practice and was reported on the Injury Report as an "Achilles." This could be a potential "aura" preceding rupture. He could be on borrowed time much like Richard Sherman was and Jimmy Smith is...........especially since there is no intent to rest. No matter what, I would be surprised if he is not obviously affected if/when he plays.

Prescott doesn't have the perfect Oline or the perfect running game...........and most importantly the League has had time to figure him out.

This team is in a downward spiral. Elliot was the straw that stirred the drink (Prescott) imo. And Garrett isn't a good enough coach to figure things out. They have been beaten like a soapy ---- the last three games.

Potty mouth Ryan Mallett was fined $12,154 for verbal abuse of officials......................he wasn't even in the game...............it came from the sideline.............:kubepalm:

He got after the refs for picking up a flag on a hit to Flacco.
I would hardly think that getting your team penalized when they are 13 down (shutout) late in the 3rd Q would justify not being able to find a more civil way to show your displeasure. Harbaugh even stated that "if Mallet said what he was told Mallet said, Mallet deserved it." The penalty occurred 2 plays (Mallett had plenty of time to "cool down") later on a Packers punt return, causing a huge field position turnaround and putting the Packers in Ravens territory. The Ravens were fortunate that the Packers could not pick up a 4th and 1 on the 37. Otherwise, it would have led to another Packers score.

I would hardly think that getting your team penalized when they are 13 down (shutout) late in the 3rd Q would justify not being able to find a more civil way to show your displeasure. Harbaugh even stated that "if Mallet said what he was told Mallet said, Mallet deserved it." The penalty occurred 2 plays (Mallett had plenty of time to "cool down") later on a Packers punt return, causing a huge field position turnaround and putting the Packers in Ravens territory. The Ravens were fortunate that the Packers could not pick up a 4th and 1 on the 37. Otherwise, it would have led to another Packers score.

Umm, Ravens shut out the Packers 23-0

WTH happened to the Chiefs!? At one moment, you are considered the best team in the league and Alex Smith has serious MVP talks. Then now, they could be the worst team in the league. How quickly things change in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WTH happened to the Chiefs!? At one moment, you are considered the best team in the league and Alex Smith has serious MVP talks. Then now, they could be the worst team in the league. How quickly things change in the NFL.

Their interior OL and DB's got hurt.

Alex Smith playing like Alex Smith again. Hunt doesn’t look the same either.

I'm glad to see the celebrations back. The "can't talk about it" celebration with Cooks with the horseback ride on Gronkowski was hilarious.

I specifically came here just now to ask the same. Were there some big injuries I missed? They're 1-5 since playing the Texans. Couldn't they have started that skid a week earlier?

I specifically came here just now to ask the same. Were there some big injuries I missed? They're 1-5 since playing the Texans. Couldn't they have started that skid a week earlier?
I don’t follow the Chiefs closely, but only significant injury I know of is Eric Berry. But he was out early in the season and they were still winning without him.

I think it’s a case of Alex Smith coming down to Earth.

I don’t follow the Chiefs closely, but only significant injury I know of is Eric Berry. But he was out early in the season and they were still winning without him.

I think it’s a case of Alex Smith coming down to Earth.

They lost their C and one of their OG's.

They only have 4 on IR and one of those is a rookie and then yeoman WR & RB. The line problems have been transitory.

Morse/ Duvernay since week 6 and 8. I believe they're playing hurt now. Plus Smith has really fallen off a cliff. The K.C. offense doesn't have a base to play off of right now.

I do agree with your assessment though due to the problems I listed.

Eagles' Chris Long says Roger Goodell is 'pretty cool' and a 'dude's dude'
In a note somewhat unrelated to the Eagles, Long also chimed in on the character of an even more prominent NFL figure -- commissioner Roger Goodell. When "Pardon My Take" broached the pass rusher for his thoughts on the much-maligned executive, Long said "you'd be surprised" to know that Goodell is "pretty cool" and a "dude's dude."

"I really like Roger, actually," he said. "I had a lot of preconceived notions about Roger, but I hung out with him recently."

Long, of course, joined fellow Eagles Malcolm Jenkins and Rodney McLeod, as well as local law enforcement and team owner Jeffrey Lurie, in meeting with Goodell during September discussions on criminal justice reform and NFL player activism.

Who knew..

And what about Paxton Lynch? Was that a swing and a miss by Elway? He was called brilliant in so many ways for getting Lynch who was supposed to be better than Osweiler.

And what about Paxton Lynch? Was that a swing and a miss by Elway? He was called brilliant in so many ways for getting Lynch who was supposed to be better than Osweiler.

Not sure who thought Lynch was a brilliant get. The guy was always going to be a massive project at best and a Sisyphus-like one at worst.

And 'better than Osweiler' is really a non-starter in terms of defining a QB prospect. Like, ok.

Reactions: JB
Not sure who thought Lynch was a brilliant get. The guy was always going to be a massive project at best and a Sisyphus-like one at worst.

And 'better than Osweiler' is really a non-starter in terms of defining a QB prospect. Like, ok.

To clarify it was the same off-season before Osweiller played a full season for us. Osweiler was still projected to be pretty good. The “better than Osweiller” was sarcasm on top of sarcasm.

When Lynch was drafted the talking heads and other media were singing Elways praises. Like this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/broncosw...wboys-tried-to-trade-up-for-paxton-lynch/amp/

And I have never heard a Qb project being compared to syphilis. Interesting choice of words.

To clarify it was the same off-season before Osweiller played a full season for us. Osweiler was still projected to be pretty good. The “better than Osweiller” was sarcasm on top of sarcasm.

When Lynch was drafted the talking heads and other media were singing Elways praises. Like this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/broncosw...wboys-tried-to-trade-up-for-paxton-lynch/amp/

And I have never heard a Qb project being compared to syphilis. Interesting choice of words.

Don't know who jonmark93 is, but my point was more so that I don't remember anyone of any relevance singing Lynch's praises.

And I've never compared a man to syphilis either, but why not, that'll work here too.

Reactions: JB
Oh sorry. You said Sisyphus not sysphilis.

Here is an article from Peter King if it helps. Others out there too. Simple google search.

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/04/28/nfl-draft-denver-broncos-paxton-lynch

That really just reads like King sucking Elway's d*ck for Elway's d*ck's sake. Nothing of praise whatsoever for Lynch other than that he happened to be the guy that Elway traded up for.

If you're point all along was that the praise simply for Elway making a move should be discredited now by people who did so, gotcha, cool. I was more on about the idea that anyone reasonably evaluated Lynch and praised him as a home run franchise QB prospect. Because he never was.

Says you and that's fine but it doesn't change the facts and Lynch was virtually universally considered 1st round.

I remember it being pretty 50/50 whether people mocking/discussing/analyzing thought he'd go in the first on a big project reach or slip to the second where he'd still be incredibly fortunate to land. Don't quite remember it so much the lead pipe lock virtual universal 1st round projection.

And even then, and more to the point, the folks projecting him to the first were doing so under the caveat that he's still a major work in progress and hardly at all a franchise QB prospect the likes of which to celebrate and hoopla about. Nothing ever brilliant about getting him in the first, and especially to have traded up to do so.

I remember more reports of Lynch being a first round option (early first round at that) than otherwise - everyone knowing he was a project. However, I wonder if Denver would've selected him had they known Kubiak's health would force him to retire, therefor unable to coach the talented but exceptionally raw QB. Did Elway like Lynch? Or did Elway like a mold of clay to hand over to Kubiak?

Certainly willing to admit I may just be remembering what a sh*thouse mess of a project he was and allowing that to cloud my memory of how the general mock community was projecting him. And fair enough.

Sh*thouse project.

Certainly willing to admit I may just be remembering what a sh*thouse mess of a project he was and allowing that to cloud my memory of how the general mock community was projecting him. And fair enough.

Sh*thouse project.

Yeah well, I thought the same about a 6'7" ball of crap in the 2nd round ... that later got paid 70million as a free agent. Being right doesn't make the rest of the world disappear.

Back