Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Looks like Winston is now not only dealing with an A-C shoulder separation injury he sustained week 6, but also a rotator cuff tear that he sustained week 7.

Kevin Costner, from the movie Draft Day, could be the real GM of the Cleveland Browns and they'd likely be better than they are now!

Ezekiel Elliot's suspension is back on..........the injunction on his suspension has been lifted.

Back off - Link

A day after the NFL's lawyers announced that Dallas Cowboys star Ezekiel Elliott's latest appeal to delay his six-game suspension for alleged domestic violence had 'no likelihood of success,' the second-year running back was granted an emergency injunction on Friday that will allow him to play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs.

Now Elliott's suspension is on hold once again until a three-judge panel rules on the appeal at a later date, likely next week.

Delay it 2 more weeks, and if it gets reinstated this season, it will spill over into any potential playoff games. What's interesting with that is that the suspension reads "regular season" games to distinguish them from preseason. No doubt that's another thing that can be argued about if it gets to that point.

J. Winston is not being handled very smartly. He suffered his 3rd throwing shoulder injury in 3 weeks..........initial A-C shoulder separation aggravated x 2 more times with a probability of a rotator cuff injury last week to complicate matters. In last week's game, as he released one of his passes, his arm met great resistance as it was hit in the midst of his motion. He needs to rest and rehab both of these injuries, especially the cuff injury.....unless he wants to be looking at extended time away.

Terence Williams and Dez Bryant looked like they both potentially sustained not just plain ankle sprains but rather by twisting, high ankle sprains. Will have to wait to find out.

Jamies Winston somehow out does Ray Lewis in the level of stupidity of pre-game hype speeches. Seriously he needs a team of people to tell him when you should talk and when he should not.

J. Winston is not being handled very smartly. He suffered his 3rd throwing shoulder injury in 3 weeks..........initial A-C shoulder separation aggravated x 2 more times with a probability of a rotator cuff injury last week to complicate matters. In last week's game, as he released one of his passes, his arm met great resistance as it was hit in the midst of his motion. He needs to rest and rehab both of these injuries, especially the cuff injury.....unless he wants to be looking at extended time away.

With the way their season has gone, it might best to shut him down.

Josh Gordon admits using drugs or alcohol “probably every game”
Posted by Charean Williams on November 6, 2017, 5:09 PM EST

Josh Gordon, who rejoins the Browns on Tuesday, admitted drugs and alcohol were part of his pregame “ritual.” In an interview with GQ magazine, the wide receiver said he played under the influence “every game,” including college.

“I used to make a ritual of it before every game,” Gordon told GQ, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system. Even before I was getting tested for alcohol, prior to my DWI in 2014, I would take the biggest bong rip I could. And try to conceal all the smell off all my clothes. I’d be dressed up to go to the game. A bunch of guys smoke weed before the game, but we’re not talking about them.”

“I would have these little pre-made shots. I used to love Grand Marnier. I could drink it down smooth. I could usually drink a lot of it. But if it wasn’t that, it might be a whiskey or something. And I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon said it happened “every game. Probably every game of my career,” including his time at Baylor. He said he was a “highly functioning” alcoholic.

“We would stay at the team hotel and then players are allowed to go back home, get what they need, and then go to the game,” Gordon said of Browns home games. “So I’d leave the hotel early morning, go home, eat breakfast, do my little ritual, whatever it may be, some weed, some alcohol, and then go to the game. And then, I’d definitely be partying after every game, win or lose. Every game.”

Josh Gordon admits using drugs or alcohol “probably every game”
Posted by Charean Williams on November 6, 2017, 5:09 PM EST

Josh Gordon, who rejoins the Browns on Tuesday, admitted drugs and alcohol were part of his pregame “ritual.” In an interview with GQ magazine, the wide receiver said he played under the influence “every game,” including college.

“I used to make a ritual of it before every game,” Gordon told GQ, via Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer. “If I had already been drug tested that week, or the day before the game, I knew I had a couple days to buy to clean my system. Even before I was getting tested for alcohol, prior to my DWI in 2014, I would take the biggest bong rip I could. And try to conceal all the smell off all my clothes. I’d be dressed up to go to the game. A bunch of guys smoke weed before the game, but we’re not talking about them.”

“I would have these little pre-made shots. I used to love Grand Marnier. I could drink it down smooth. I could usually drink a lot of it. But if it wasn’t that, it might be a whiskey or something. And I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up, basically. To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon said it happened “every game. Probably every game of my career,” including his time at Baylor. He said he was a “highly functioning” alcoholic.

“We would stay at the team hotel and then players are allowed to go back home, get what they need, and then go to the game,” Gordon said of Browns home games. “So I’d leave the hotel early morning, go home, eat breakfast, do my little ritual, whatever it may be, some weed, some alcohol, and then go to the game. And then, I’d definitely be partying after every game, win or lose. Every game.”

And he was/maybe still is a great player.

Is Sasha Brown the worst GM since Matt Millen?

The guy trades out from selecting Wentz and DW, and then fumbles the trade for AJ McCarron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Packers OL Bryan Bulaga suffered a torn right ACL in last night's game. He tore his left ACL in 2013...........................
#44 since the beginning of TC / #46 since the beginning of the League year.

Packers OL Bryan Bulaga suffered a torn right ACL in last night's game. He tore his left ACL in 2013...........................
#44 since the beginning of TC / #46 since the beginning of the League year.
Players wear all manner of protective gear to protect themselves - mouth guards, shoulder pads, shin pads, thigh pads, rib protectors and helmets. Some even use the box for the manly bits.
Why not some sort of knee brace - elective of course, but should be something to look into.
The company that can design something that helps protect the knees and doesn't inhibit movement or speed will make quite a bit of money.

I'm surprised this news hasn't spurred someone to start a separate thread

On Wednesday, The New York Times' Ken Belson reported -- citing three sources -- that Jones has threatened to sue the NFL and some owners over NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's contract negotiations. According to The Times, Jones told six owners on the compensation committee last week that he hired attorney David Boies. Belson reported that the dispute stems from Elliott's suspension, which the league handed down after Elliott was accused of domestic violence. Of course, Goodell's handling of the demonstrations during the national anthem could also be a factor considering Jones' stance on the protests (he's against them).

This ought to be good.
:popcorn:

I'm surprised this news hasn't spurred someone to start a separate thread

On Wednesday, The New York Times' Ken Belson reported -- citing three sources -- that Jones has threatened to sue the NFL and some owners over NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's contract negotiations. According to The Times, Jones told six owners on the compensation committee last week that he hired attorney David Boies. Belson reported that the dispute stems from Elliott's suspension, which the league handed down after Elliott was accused of domestic violence. Of course, Goodell's handling of the demonstrations during the national anthem could also be a factor considering Jones' stance on the protests (he's against them).

This ought to be good.
:popcorn:

Weinstein's lawyer.

Jerrah hiring Boies = Shots fired at God'ell.

Maybe God'ell will finally be out and the NFL will no doubt be better for it.

Care to sum up the article/link at all?

So simply as to decide to click or not while skimming through is all..
Report: Goodell “furious” about push for incentive-base deal
Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and the four or five other owners in his corner want Commissioner Roger Goodell’s next contract to have less guaranteed money, and more incentives. That isn’t sitting well with Goodell.

Of course, Goodell also has been paid plenty of money — roughly $200 million over the last 11 years.

The standoff, however it resolves, is fitting, given that the NFL under Goodell has a reputation for always driving a hard bargain when it comes to contractual negotiations. Finally, the NFL and Goodell are driving hard bargains with each other.

For now, Jones lacks the support to derail a deal that all 32 owners authorized the Compensation Committee to finalize back in May. In theory, more support is only one scandal away. However, the frustration that owners currently are feeling toward Jones, who has threatened litigation against the league over the issue, could cause them to stick with Goodell if only to spite Jones.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account@AdamSchefter

Colts DT Henry Anderson suffered a laryngeal fracture Sunday, will have procedure Friday, and will be placed on season-ending IR, per source

4:40 PM - 8 Nov 2017

A very unusual type of fracture. I've only operated on 2 in my career.........both of them secondary to high speed blunt impact to the throat in an auto accident.

BTW, Giacomini was responsible for the hit to Anderson's throat.

Last edited:

A very unusual type of fracture. I've only operated on 2 in my career.........both of them secondary to high speed blunt impact to the throat in an auto accident.

BTW, Giacomini was responsible for the hit. to Anderson's throat.

I started to google that but naw...that doesn't sound very fun at all. What's the recovery time looking like for that?

I started to google that but naw...that doesn't sound very fun at all. What's the recovery time looking like for that?
Hard to tell. But he won't be playing this year. We aren't being told if he required an emergency tracheostomy for acute airway distress, and his definitive reconstruction was scheduled for today............or...........he managed to avoid tracheostomy and he will undergo reconstruction today. With an injury like this, once surviving any potential immediate mortality for not being able to breath (20-40% of patients with a laryngeal fracture), you are concerned about longer term swallowing, breathing, or voice problems............either from the empirical trauma to structures, or from progressive scarring secondary to the trauma and/or the surgery. If he is fortunate enough to avoid delayed breathing problems (not conducive to endurance athletics), he could possibly return next season. What bothers me the most about this case is that the Colts had decided to delay his reconstruction for whatever reason for 4 days. Consistent with my experience and the surgical literature, once surgery is delayed beyond 48 hours, the morbity (the long term problems aforementioned) increases significantly. Again, in discussion of this case, recovery time is the least important factor.

Last edited:
Zach Miller has already undergone additional surgeries since his initial limb-saving vascular surgery.................my guess quite a few more to come.

Not so fast kemosabe

The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Thursday denied Ezekiel Elliott's and the NFL Players Association's request for an injunction pending appeal in Elliott's case.

The Cowboys running back is set to begin serving his six-game suspension Sunday against the Atlanta Falcons, NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported.

The decision almost certainly keeps Elliott off the field for the next six games. Elliott currently is not eligible to play until Week 16 against the Seattle Seahawks on Dec. 24. The NFLPA's expedited appeal hearing is scheduled to take place before the 2nd Circuit on Dec. 1 -- meaning Elliott will almost certainly miss the next four games.

The 2nd Circuit denied the injunction request after hearing oral arguments from both union and NFL lawyers during a hearing in New York on Thursday, which Elliott attended. The three-judge panel's decision allows the league to enforce the suspension until a ruling is made in the NFLPA's case, according NFL Network legal analyst Gabe Feldman.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...us-at-jerry-jones-plans-for-his-contract/amp/

I find this very funny.

645581635efc505563d30cce68837ff3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brown has been beaten repeatedly during this game. He has been fortunate that Wilson has been able to elude his man. Watching how Duane Brown sustained his ankle injury, the concurrent twisting at the leg mechanism would be consistent with a high ankle sprain rather than a plain eversion ankle sprain. This also in worse case scenario can include a fracture.

If you say so,

What do you think he's spending all of that $$$$ on Boies for? Certainly not because God'ell isn't making Jerrah $$$$.

Reading is fundamental. He is trying to get Goodell's compensation to be more incentive based. Common belief is this is Jerry being mad about Ezekiel. It's reported he only has a few owners with him.

All what money? Bois has done nothing so far.

Back