Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

JaDeveon Clowney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that tweet differently. I read it as him saying that he's 100% certain OB knows what's what with Clowney.

Could be... totally missed that as a possibility for his response.
dunce.gif

Is Reed out?

All we had last week was 3 OLB's...

Heard on 610 this morning from Dr. First (sp?) saying that Reed aggravated 1 of his groin in the last game again. He was unsure if it was the same groin he had surgery on a few years ago or if it was the other.. So no we don't even know if he's going to be able to go. Mercilus and Simon are the only 2 we know for sure will be active.

Heard on 610 this morning from Dr. First (sp?) saying that Reed aggravated 1 of his groin in the last game again. He was unsure if it was the same groin he had surgery on a few years ago or if it was the other.. So no we don't even know if he's going to be able to go. Mercilus and Simon are the only 2 we know for sure will be active.

I wonder if they'd go more 4-3 if those were the only two OLB's...

From the INJURY REPORT: TEXANS vs STEELERS thread 2 days ago. http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2401881&postcount=1

Supposedly, unlike what was observed on Friday, Brooks Reed is no longer overtly limping. And, according to McClain, he is QUICKLY recovering from a "groin injury." I am getting the feeling of deja vu during the season where Reed pulled up with a "groin injury" and the staff kept throwing him back out there until he couldn't play anymore. Then, it was reported that he would not require surgery.....he was given a short 3 week rest and again thrown quickly back into action........after which he was knocked out of action for the season. Some of you may remember when I reported that he had flown to Philadelphia for evaluation after the season. Philadelphia where world-renowned "sports hernia" surgeon Dr. William Meyers practices......and where in the offseason he had "sports hernia" and "groin tear" surgeries (whether these were on opposite sides was never elucidated)..........both of these being components of Athletic Pubalgia. If he is not given enough time to fully rehab his groin, a subsequent date with the knife would not be surprising. As I've mentioned when discussing Clowney, recurrence/failure or occurrence on the opposite side after "sports hernia repair" is not rare, especially if its underlying cause is hip related.

Read bottom to top..........I would take much of this with a grain of salt

Jayson Braddock retweeted
Cody Stoots @Cody_Stoots · 5m 5 minutes ago

Now @JaysonBraddock reporting there's some frustration in organization with Clowney. Makes sense if you factor in O'Brien backing off.
Jayson Braddock retweeted
Emeka mordi @mastermordi · 28m 28 minutes ago

@JaysonBraddock This smells like a smear campaign. Sounds way to personal to me. Please cite your sources....

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 34m 34 minutes ago

Really! ?!? RT @theHart_ofTX: @JaysonBraddock source?

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 39m 39 minutes ago

Clowney injury cont'd... Some Texans players feel as if Clowney is a "diva" & is being "babied" due to being the #1 pick.

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock · 41m 41 minutes ago

Clowney Injury News: per source, Texans coaches growing frustrated with Jadeveon, want him to play Monday. Clowney wants to wait until 100%

I don't buy that at all. The way Clowney was talking about hitting someone and how he was rushing his rehab by cutting sooner than the trainers wanted. Plus I don't see any coach or player saying this to the media. Don't buy this at all.

I absolutely agree with him being watched more carefully because he's the #1 pick. He is under the microscope no matter what he does. How many 1-1 picks do you get? Not many. You can't mess up something that valuable.

I absolutely agree with him being watched more carefully because he's the #1 pick. He is under the microscope no matter what he does. How many 1-1 picks do you get? Not many. You can't mess up something that valuable.

The Texans have had three 1-1s in 13 drafts. That's over 23%. Doesn't seem so rare...

:)

I don't buy that at all. The way Clowney was talking about hitting someone and how he was rushing his rehab by cutting sooner than the trainers wanted. Plus I don't see any coach or player saying this to the media. Don't buy this at all.

JB don't just make stuff up. Someone (vrabel? RAC? OB? is getting frustrated or someone is leaking this to get clowney fired up. Where there's smoke...

Is this 2006 all over again?

The Texans have had three 1-1s in 13 drafts. That's over 23%. Doesn't seem so rare...

:)

That's obviously misleading because one of those years was the Texans' inaugural NFL season - i.e., they had no history at that time, no previous record that their Draft order was based upon. So a recalculation would be two 1.1s makes for a 17% in 12 Drafts. Still not good, but better and most important it's accurate.

JB don't just make stuff up. Someone (vrabel? RAC? OB? is getting frustrated or someone is leaking this to get clowney fired up. Where there's smoke...

Is this 2006 all over again?

I said that I would have to take the information "with a grain of salt." II also have to agree that, having followed him for quite a while, Jason Braddock is one of the most credible and honest "reporters" of Texans information there is out there. It is more likely that he is accurately reporting information related to him, but information that could be based on incorrect impressions and conclusions on the part of his source(s).

I said that I would have to take the information "with a grain of salt." II also have to agree that, having followed him for quite a while, Jason Braddock is one of the most credible and honest "reporters" of Texans information there is out there. It is more likely that he is accurately reporting information related to him, but information that could be based on incorrect impressions and conclusions on the part of his source(s).

Clowney is going to play.

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock
Clowney injury cont'd... Some Texans players feel as if Clowney is a "diva" & is being "babied" due to being the #1 pick.

Clowney Injury News: per source, Texans coaches growing frustrated with Jadeveon, want him to play Monday. Clowney wants to wait until 100%

This sounds like it's originated from information put out by the id!ot medical staff that forced Newton back into action too soon from surgery last year and ruined his 2013. And put Brooks Reed back out there too soon putting him into a surgery situation. The medical mismanagement by the staff in this organization has been well documented by CND.

Someone asked Newton to comment about "what happened last year", was he injured?, come back too soon?... "I don't want to talk about that" was his response. As time goes by, one thing OB will learn is the Texans have the wrong medical people on staff.

Hey, I can see the front office wanting Clowney to make a showing on Monday Night Football... but it's just one game, and if a player isn't ready I think it's B.S. to put info into the locker room to pressure him. All we need is to set JD up for more surgeries and less playing time. Some football culture just needs to die off.

/rant

This sounds like it's originated from information put out by the id!ot medical staff that forced Newton back into action too soon from surgery last year and ruined his 2013. And put Brooks Reed back out there too soon putting him into a surgery situation. The medical mismanagement by the staff in this organization has been well documented by CND.

Someone asked Newton to comment about "what happened last year", was he injured?, come back too soon?... "I don't want to talk about that" was his response. As time goes by, one thing OB will learn is the Texans have the wrong medical people on staff.

Hey, I can see the front office wanting Clowney to make a showing on Monday Night Football... but it's just one game, and if a player isn't ready I think it's B.S. to put info into the locker room to pressure him. All we need is to set JD up for more surgeries and less playing time. Some football culture just needs to die off.

/rant

Lets not put this on all the medical staff. For most of these players playing football is their livlihood & its hard to keep them off the playing field especially when jobs can be won and lost. You saw how Clowney was pouting when they were walking him back to the locker room in the Washington game; he didn't want to come out.

So imo, the medical staff is caught between a rock and a hard place and another damn rock. They have to try to balance what the team wants/needs versus what the players want vs. what's best for the player.

Lets not put this on all the medical staff. For most of these players playing football is their livlihood & its hard to keep them off the playing field especially when jobs can be won and lost. You saw how Clowney was pouting when they were walking him back to the locker room in the Washington game; he didn't want to come out.

So imo, the medical staff is caught between a rock and a hard place and another damn rock. They have to try to balance what the team wants/needs versus what the players want vs. what's best for the player.

I think it depends on the situation.

Medical staff really should only be clearing guys when they feel they are good enough to go and not because of pressure by anyone else. But like you said sometimes there's pressure from other places that may cause them to rush the process.

I think there are medical staffs out there that work with guys well and won't clear them until they are ready. I don't know what the Texans medical staff issue is, but they've clearly botched quite a few things in the past.

I think it depends on the situation.

Medical staff really should only be clearing guys when they feel they are good enough to go and not because of pressure by anyone else. But like you said sometimes there's pressure from other places that may cause them to rush the process.

I think there are medical staffs out there that work with guys well and won't clear them until they are ready. I don't know what the Texans medical staff issue is, but they've clearly botched quite a few things in the past.

I agree, but the bolded is the operative word there. Doing work on a side field can give the player and medical staff an idea of how close they are, but as you probably well know, its a different animal once you get out there and are going all out and the only real way to test that is to go out and try it.

Then there's this. OB's training them well

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith · 8m8 minutes ago
Clowney talking to teammate, before speaking with media: "I'm about to give them a lot of words."

Sounds like OB and the trainers are giving him the call. Clowney said that if he feels like he doesn't have the burst he normally has he'll inform them

OMG! I can't believe he said that! Now they can game plan against a Clowney with questionable burst. Horrible. Just horrible.

:sarcasm:

Clowney was wearing a knee brace during practice. This tells me that there is still concern re. his lateral stability which would in turn put his ability to cut and change directions at game speed into significant question.

Not 100 percent ready then do not play when football is your job you understand this feeling.

He didn't seem to pleased.

Not as upbeat as usual for sure.

Mind games are being played?

Now that doesn't look at all like my normally happy, effervescent, jocular boy JD.
And it's not a good look, I don't like it in the least.

Clowney was wearing a knee brace during practice. This tells me that there is still concern re. his lateral stability which would in turn put his ability to cut and change directions at game speed into significant question.

JD said there were drills in practice he had to pull out of because he couldn't cut. Then this...

(OB on what he saw from OLB Jadeveon Clowney today at practice) “Well, he seemed to be moving around decently. He didn’t take a ton of reps today, but the ones that he did he seemed to be moving around well. It’s obvious that he’s been in the meetings and studying because in the reps that he did take he knew what to do, which is a good sign. We’ll look at it again tomorrow. Like I said, we’ll decide something before the game Monday night.”

JD said there were drills in practice he had to pull out of because he couldn't cut. Then this...

(OB on what he saw from OLB Jadeveon Clowney today at practice) “Well, he seemed to be moving around decently. He didn’t take a ton of reps today, but the ones that he did he seemed to be moving around well. It’s obvious that he’s been in the meetings and studying because in the reps that he did take he knew what to do, which is a good sign. We’ll look at it again tomorrow. Like I said, we’ll decide something before the game Monday night.”

I thought he was cutting just fine awhile back

Jayson Braddock went on local sports radio tonight to talk about his insider reports about Clowney:

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/10...wney-will-not-play-because-he-doesnt-want-to/

Summarize:

Clowney says he will not play Monday
Fully cleared by medical staff
Other players calling him a diva
Clowney personally called out by Vrabel. Vrabel told him he will play Monday if he has to drag him on to the field
Vrabel also said he would suit up to take Clowney through his paces on the practice field
braddock also says that if Clowney had been taken at the same spot Louis Nix was he would have been put on IR like Nix
BOB is not liking being "dicated" to by rookies.

jesus. this isn't 1949 were it was considered 'weak' to drink water.

hope clowney gets the rest he needs to recover. dudes a thoroughbred and will have lots of knocks during his career.

\6 games in and the #1 draft pick is getting into issues with staff about injuries and not playing? Does anybody remember this was the exact issue he had in College? Scared to get hurt. This has disaster written all over it. Blame whomever you want but this isnt good.

I still say that just like 2006 the Texans should have traded the #1 pick and filled more holes.

Unreal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back