Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

How was it classless? Give me a break.

Because Kubiak has served this team for a very long time, and gave his heart and soul, and even his health. Made the Texans relevant, and took them to back to back division championships. You do not fire a coach that has done that much for the franchise with 3 games left because it does NOTHING to help further the teams goals.

It was classless, and unnecessary.

Exactly. Especially when 1 of the QBs hasn't had it as a tendency for years and then this year comes up with it.

BS. AJ has run past people plenty of times this year. Look at his long receptions early on with Keenum.

Off of broken plays where the DB stops...

This team is SLOW, SLOW, SLOW. Not a single player with above average speed at any of the skill positions.

If the WRs had a relay race vs other teams, they would finish at the bottom.

Damn the Texans suck. Who was responsible for that? Newton or was wrong protection called?

More great clock management by the Texans... just cost us the first down

What a total load of crap. It was classless, and did nothing to further the Texans future.

Man is it ever the players fault? Are you really saying that there is no room to blame inflated egos and poor effort on the players? Give me a break.

1) It was not classless; it's business.

2) That's my point: the players ARE to blame for a lot of this. But guess who created a culture of no accountability?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Kubiak has served this team for a very long time, and gave his heart and soul, and even his health. Made the Texans relevant, and took them to back to back division championships. You do not fire a coach that has done that much for the franchise with 3 games left because it does NOTHING to help further the teams goals.

It was classless, and unnecessary.

The guy had 8 freaking years. 8!!!!!

1) It was not classless; it's business.

2) That's my point: the players ARE to blame for a lot of this. But guess who created a culture of no accountability?

Using a cliche does not make it right. Please explain what about it was just business? How did it help the Texans?

Don't forget the sacks he took by just falling down vs running backwards 15-20 yards before taking the sack

Exactly... Much more effective to lose all that yardage and take the sack, than just take the sack and lose as little yardage as possible. Keenum's advantage in mobility has hurt the Texans, not helped them.

Hey way to go Miami!

Using a cliche does not make it right. Please explain what about it was just business? How did it help the Texans?

The Texans players have been tuning out the entire coaching staff for about 12 consecutive weeks. This lets the players know that this will not be tolerated throughout the offseason and into the new 2014 season.

It's business. The team must get better. Kubiak must get on.

Man, I forget what good football looked like. I suggest y'all tune into the redzone channel and enjoy some solid football.

Kirk Cousins making a badass drive right now. You can tell he's not an UDFA QB.

Man, I forget what good football looked like. I suggest y'all tune into the redzone channel and enjoy some solid football.

Kirk Cousins making a badass drive right now. You can tell he's not an UDFA QB.

Like keenum he'll come back down to earth once teams get enough tape on him.....plus he's play ATL who has a terrible defense that's only rivaled by.....the redskins' defense.

Wow. If you can't see that the head coach should be held accountable, I don't know what to say.

So in other words you can't explain how it helped the Texans? You think that using cliche's like "Just Business" and "Held Accountable" are anything more than just talk? Dude, Kubiak would have been held accountable at the end of the season. Firing him just before Christmas, with 3 games to go was classless.

How many other coaches this season are on their way to being fired, but will make it through the rest of the season? Are the Texans organization the only ones who knows how to hold the coach "Accountable" or take care of "Business"?

Kubiak was the only one who showed any class. Uncle Bob disappointed me with his actions and you cannot defend them with cliche's.

So in other words you can't explain how it helped the Texans? You think that using cliche's like "Just Business" and "Held Accountable" are anything more than just talk? Dude, Kubiak would have been held accountable at the end of the season. Firing him just before Christmas, with 3 games to go was classless.

How many other coaches this season are on their way to being fired, but will make it through the rest of the season? Are the Texans organization the only ones who knows how to hold the coach "Accountable" or take care of "Business"?

Kubiak was the only one who showed any class. Uncle Bob disappointed me with his actions and you cannot defend them with cliche's.

Kubiak is paid through next year, trust me he ain't hurting this christmas.

The Texans players have been tuning out the entire coaching staff for about 12 consecutive weeks. This lets the players know that this will not be tolerated throughout the offseason and into the new 2014 season.

It's business. The team must get better. Kubiak must get on.

Yeah after having that lesson taught to them, and having 10 days off to prepare, I can see how loud and clear the players received that message. lol

What do you mean tuning out the coaches? Many people here say the coaches have taught this bad culture, and have turned superstar Keenum into Schaub, and now you are telling me the players have been tuning out the coaches?!

Great move McNair, you sir are a genius.

Kubiak is paid through next year, trust me he ain't hurting this christmas.

That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.

Man oh man what a joke this franchise is. Did anyone see the players after the game when shaking the Colts hands? They were all smiles and joking around like everything was okay. Okay, everything was because the paycheck isn't going to bounce. Everyone on this team has given up. AJ quit during the game or even before it started with his "I dont give a ****" play on the field". Oh wait, it's the fans fault with AJ. Save me the I'm a troll comments. You can't be happy with what you seen from this team today. If you're not upset then you can't be considered a real fan.

That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.

You seriously can not believe this? Kubiak was not the first coach to be fired like this. Boo hoo! Guy refused to change and Im starting o see he was a closet control freak. **** him! Glad he is gone

Lol. Wow.

Kubiak had an 11 game losing streak prior to being fired. He would not have gotten another HC job next year regardless of when he was fired.

Just...wow, dude. You think like a loser.

Holy crap, you actually believe this? Dumping Kubes when we did won't hurt his chances of getting a HC gig anymore than letting him finish the season at 2-14. Trust me, not a whole lot of teams are clamoring for a HC who is a sub .500 head coach after 8 gd years.

You seriously can not believe this? Kubiak was not the first coach to be fired like this. Boo hoo! Guy refused to change and Im starting o see he was a closet control freak. **** him! Glad he is gone

Internet tough guys like you make me laugh. Look, this is me laughing -> :lol:

Head start on talking to coaches. Every percentage point helps.

It's not much, but it could be rather important.

Bull****!

Lol. Wow.

Kubiak had an 11 game losing streak prior to being fired. He would not have gotten another HC job next year regardless of when he was fired.

Just...wow, dude. You think like a loser.

Yea like spewing insults make your points any more valid. You have so wounded me. Please... mercy, mercy!

Holy crap, you actually believe this? Dumping Kubes when we did won't hurt his chances of getting a HC gig anymore than letting him finish the season at 2-14. Trust me, not a whole lot of teams are clamoring for a HC who is a sub .500 head coach after 8 gd years.

Your opinion. I feel like there was no reason to kick a man while he was down. Obviously you and others enjoy that sort of thing and think it makes for good sportsmanship, or business.

Wade's face and expressions on the sidelines reminded me of when he was getting ready to get fired when he was in Dallas..

Just say no to Wade..

Yea like spewing insults make your points any more valid. You have so wounded me. Please... mercy, mercy!

Your opinion. I feel like there was no reason to kick a man while he was down. Obviously you and others enjoy that sort of thing and think it makes for good sportsmanship, or business.

Lol. That's all you got? Cliche's like "kick a man while he's down" and "good sportsmanship"?

Your only defense of keeping Kubiak is cliche's?

LMFAO.

Go back to class Klay. Or Klint. Or Klein. Or whichever Kubiak son this is.

Lol. That's all you got? Cliche's like "kick a man while he's down" and "good sportsmanship"?

Your only defense of keeping Kubiak is cliche's?

LMFAO.

Go back to class Klay. Or Klint. Or Klein. Or whichever Kubiak son this is.

Obviously you are not paying attention. Never said anything about keeping Kubiak. Just showing him the respect he earned to finish out the season. You're just pissed because your Cinderella QB has turned back into a pumpkin, leaving you looking like a fool.

What a total load of crap. It was classless, and did nothing to further the Texans future.

Man is it ever the players fault? Are you really saying that there is no room to blame inflated egos and poor effort on the players? Give me a break.

These are Rick/Gary's handpicked players.

If they aren't good enough then the problem is with the guys picking the players. Ditto the players quitting, which is what is happening here.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I got to pick up my daughter today even though it's not my weekend and we went and had some breakfast and watched that movie Frozen in theaters. Just got home and saw the score....lol...wow.

I definitely made the right choice with my time today.

Obviously you are not paying attention. Never said anything about keeping Kubiak. Just showing him the respect he earned to finish out the season. You're just pissed because your Cinderella QB has turned back into a pumpkin, leaving you looking like a fool.

Lmao!

"Respect he earned" = cliche.

Also, I don't have a QB. Never thought Case was the definitive answer. I do think we should have played him to see what he was about; now we know. His implosion doesn't bother me one bit.

Gary inherited 2-14, and is likely leaving a 2-14 team behind. That's his legacy.

It gives them a good start on finding a HC. Kubiak was gone anyways, right? Might as well get a head start for the search before other teams. Kubiak isn't family. He's an employee who's performance declined pretty hard. It starts at the top.

These are Rick/Gary's handpicked players.

If they aren't good enough then the problem is with the guys picking the players. Ditto the players quitting, which is what is happening here.

No argument there. It was time for Gary to go, but canning him before seasons end was classless, and pointless. That is all I am saying.

Tomorrow is my birthday so I got to pick up my daughter today even though it's not my weekend and we went and had some breakfast and watched that movie Frozen in theaters. Just got home and saw the score....lol...wow.

I definitely made the right choice with my time today.

If I may, find something just as joyful next weekend. Watching this train wreck isn't worth it. Happy Birthday to your daughter.

Didn't get to watch the game, but saw the score.

It seems like it is the opinion of most that the whole staff needs to go. I can definitely agree with that. However, the disturbing thing that I'm reading is that the players are quitting. Does this mean many of the players have to go also, or is it simply a matter of getting new coaches in?

Probablt this is what happened

BoB told Gary to play Case and see what they have or dont have in Keenum after the 1st Jags game. Gary hardheaded like he is played Schaub anyway in Jacksonville.

Moral of the story is, dont follow your bosses instructions and you get fired. So Gary kinda asked to be fired. If I was BoB I would've fired Gary regardless if fans like you thought it was classy or not.

Continue on looking at the world thru your maroon colored glasses.

Back