Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

The most pissed off Texan should be TJ Yates. He gets to play one half of football and inherited a big deficit. And that's the only chance he gets? In the mean time, Case gets opportunity after opportunity to prove he can start in this league. I don't get it?

Same thing I was thinking. Especially after Yates was the hero winning that game against the Bengals.

This team has no soul.

We didn't rally when the coach had a stroke.

We didn't rally to salvage the team's reputation after a long losing streak.

We are not rallying for respect after we fired our coach. (A coach that they supposedly loved).

No one is rallying to save their jobs next year.

No soul.

Clean house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just like many of the fans.

And to think when I came into the office today, I was actually kinda pissed I couldn't stream it here, but reading everyone's comments is probably way more entertaining. Even laughing at how bad we are is getting old. But then again, that's pretty funny...

:lol: Sad but true

Bob McNair is brilliant. He fired Kubiak in order to give himself time to evaluate the rest of the staff. He'd already made his mind up about Kubiak the first time they played Jacksonville. This game is confirmation of how deep his firing should go.

The defense has actually played pretty well. 11 of the 25 points have come on short fields by the offense or STs. The offense has been atrocious and there's no redeeming qualities for them. We need a shake up on the offense in the offseason.

There aren't a ton of ways to mess up at QB. You either throw interceptions, fumble, are inaccurate, or a combination.

What mistakes could they make that you wouldn't consider to be "the same?"
Now we're getting somewhere. I love Dre as much as anyone, but the number of picks when he's running stop routes is staggering. That's systemic. I'd say the same thing if all the picks were on deep posts, but they aren't.

I'm not the only guy noticing there are usually open receivers elsewhere, many time on deeper routes when these "underneath to AJ" picks happen.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bob McNair is brilliant. He fired Kubiak in order to give himself time to evaluate the rest of the staff. He'd already made his mind up about Kubiak the first time they played Jacksonville. This game is confirmation of how deep his firing should go.

Yep. Agree 100 percent. From a big picture view, firing Kubiak in-season was necessary for long-term planning.

This is the 1994 Oilers all over again.

Cody Carlson
Bucky Richardson
Billy Joe Tolliver

Nearly the same defense as the year before. Same offensive players, as well, after a previous 12-4 season.

Finishing 2-14

We'd be lucky to pick up a Steve McNair in the 1st round.

Hell, I'm ready to trade for Cousins.

So, the QB guru of a coach picks three guys that all have the exact same tendencies? They make the same mistakes even when NOT under pressure? Are YOU joking? The common denominators are few.

No coach teaches a qb to lock on or force balls into double or triple coverage. I'm not joking that's reality. Stay in whatever fantasy land you want to though

No coach teaches a qb to lock on or force balls into double or triple coverage. I'm not joking that's reality. Stay in whatever fantasy land you want to though

Yep, it's just a happy coincidence. Keep reading and learn something.

Now we're getting somewhere. I love Dre as much as anyone, but the number of picks when he's running stop routes is staggering. That's systemic. I'd say the same thing if all the picks were on deep posts, but they aren't.

I'm not the only guy noticing there are usually open receivers elsewhere, many time on deeper routes when these "underneath to AJ" picks happen.

So, you think the coach is telling the QBs to throw a covered Andre stop route?

It's just bad QB play. A coach doesn't make it to the NFL level by encouraging his QB not to read through his progressions.

Dre is SLOW now. He only runs slants, curls, and in routes. He can't run a fly route past anybody so CBs are squatting on him now.

Get your **** together Boger.

Also Yates got some short shrift here. He can't be any worse than Keenum right now.

I was talking more about his own mortality. I didn't like him as the Texans coach but I didn't wish death on him. Forget TIA, he'd go full aneurysm today.

Yeah, I knew what you meant. Agree that his health should be the most important thing. He's a healthy dude that will be fine.

But as a coach, he created a culture that turned into a train wreck.

You know what the sad thing is? Schaub would have us marching down the field in no time. The only problem is that we'd be settling for FGs.

Yep. Agree 100 percent. From a big picture view, firing Kubiak in-season was necessary for long-term planning.

What a total load of crap. It was classless, and did nothing to further the Texans future.

Lol. Except...he created the culture that led to this mess.

Man is it ever the players fault? Are you really saying that there is no room to blame inflated egos and poor effort on the players? Give me a break.

It's just bad QB play. A coach doesn't make it to the NFL level by encouraging his QB not to read through his progressions.
I think the route tree is designed to have that pattern be the designed outlet. It's not that I don't understand why guys would want to throw to a hall of famer when in doubt. I do. I think the design of the offense is contributing to the failure.

It defies logic to see the exact same pick by three different QBs in the same season without some major design flaws.

Exactly. Especially when 1 of the QBs hasn't had it as a tendency for years and then this year comes up with it.

Dre is SLOW now. He only runs slants, curls, and in routes. He can't run a fly route past anybody so CBs are squatting on him now.

BS. AJ has run past people plenty of times this year. Look at his long receptions early on with Keenum.

What a total load of crap. It was classless, and did nothing to further the Texans future.

Man is it ever the players fault? Are you really saying that there is no room to blame inflated egos and poor effort on the players? Give me a break.

How was it classless? Give me a break.

I think the route tree is designed to have that pattern be the designed outlet. It's not that I don't understand why guys would want to throw to a hall of famer when in doubt. I do. I think the design of the offense is contributing to the failure.

Our defies logic to see the exact same pick by three different QBs in the same season without some major design flaws.

Every quarterback throws that pick at some point, this is not something that is uncommon.

I don't agree with your overall point. My opinion is that Schaub and Keenum are just playing poorly, or are not good. I'm leaning toward not good.

Every quarterback throws that pick at some point, this is not something that is uncommon.

I don't agree with your overall point. My opinion is that Schaub and Keenum are just playing poorly, or are not good. I'm leaning toward not good.

Keenum is just not good. I think he got caught with a case of beginner's luck and that wore out pretty damn quick. He has no clutch gene and seemingly can't put together a decent drive.

It defies logic to see the exact same pick by three different QBs in the same season without some major design flaws.

Sorry they aren't being coached to throw it to Dre no matter what

Fair enough. I'm ready to be unsurprised when a new OC suddenly doesn't have these same issues with the same personnel though.

Keenum is just not good. I think he got caught with a case of beginner's luck and that wore out pretty damn quick. He has no clutch gene and seemingly can't put together a decent drive.

I have been defending up until now. I have nothing to say in his defense anymore. He's had opportunities and has made bad decisions.

I think the game tape led to his down fall. Our offensive scheme doesn't help, but I don't think Keenum is a starting QB

Fair enough. I'm ready to be unsurprised when a new OC suddenly doesn't have these dame issues with the same personnel though.

I can see that happening. You can't discount the fact that most of these guys have given up here.

That said, Keenum isn't the guy. He has made a lot of bad reads and that's what is hurting us today. He has had ample gametime to show us what he's got.

Why can't a Texans qb ever whistle the ball overhead and out of bounds when that little out route is covered?

Back