Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Indianapolis Colts. 12/15. Noon. CBS. **Official Gameday Thread**

Didn't get to watch the game, but saw the score.

It seems like it is the opinion of most that the whole staff needs to go. I can definitely agree with that. However, the disturbing thing that I'm reading is that the players are quitting. Does this mean many of the players have to go also, or is it simply a matter of getting new coaches in?

After today's game, I think at least half the players on this team need to go. It. Was. Bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not the point Nate. It's not about money. It is about having some class and handling your business without trying to humiliate someone who gave you his everything.

This move humiliated Kubiak and damages his chances to get another HC job. Should have let Kubiak finish out the year.

Building a handpicked team that players quit on you will do more damage to Gary ever getting a HC job, than BoB firing Gary with 3 games left in the season ever could.

I'm of the opinion that Gary got more time than he earned. Not many coaches get to stay around almost eight years with a .500 record, unless you mix in a few trips to the Super Bowl, which Gary didn't have. It was beyond time to let him go, so I don't feel there is anything wrong with him being let go when it happened.

It's difficult to believe that the Texans are really this bad. But damn, they are truly pathetic. I keep hoping that any game now they'll finally rise up, but that isn't going to happen. Guess it's between us and Washington now to see who is the worst of the year in 2013.

this is just a sad thing now i kinda feel sorry for wade his farther loved this city and wade does two kinda sad how this all ended up like this. we really need to go full blown reset mode next year rebuilding rather bob likes it or not and i dont wanna rebuild with rick smith on the council dark days are ahead my friends

There are still people on this board that have the nerve to defend Kubiak?!? :spit:

With fans like these, no wonder Houston sports have been the laughing stock of the sports world. We will never have accountability with our sports teams if we the fans don't ever start expecting, no demanding, greatness from our franchises that we spend our hard earned money on.

Kubiak is a good guy; he isn't a good head coach. We needed to fire him so we could see what we have with the rest of the coaching staff. Today showed us we have a whole lot of nothing on this staff. The players have quit. It's time we the fans quit on them until the organization cleans house.

With fans like these, no wonder Houston sports have been the laughing stock of the sports world.
I don't see how you can put the blame on Houston's pro sports failures on the fans. They don't block, tackle, run, catch, shoot, rebound, pitch, hit or field.

That's been my stance for some time now but McNair just wants to smear on a band-aid. Not gonna work.

The owner is startin' to piss me off!

But see: if you put a band aid on it these same fans that defend anything the org does will continue to buy in and that means the $$$$ will keep on rolling in for Uncle BoB.

No need to build a solid foundation/trenches. That's not sexy enough for Boardroom BoB.

I don't see how you can put the blame on Houston's pro sports failures on the fans. They don't block, tackle, run, catch, shoot, rebound, pitch, hit or field.

You aren't demanding enough. If you had only banged your fist more and derided the team more they would have gone back to the playoffs this year. :kitten:

You aren't demanding enough. If you had only banged your fist more and derided the team more they would have gone back to the playoffs this year. :kitten:

I'm just saying sometimes there is something to the fans protesting, not showing up to games, not buying merchandise, etc. I think Houston fans, especially football fans, are so wounded by the Oilers leaving town that they are scared to demand excellence from their franchise. People should have been calling for Kubiak to lose his job after the 2010 season when we went 6-10. 5 years was plenty to know what we had.

Instead, we keep Kubiak, make the playoffs for two years simply because for some odd reason teams just can't figure Wade Philips out his first season with a team, and have to go through this whole process 3 years later. I wanted Harbaugh that year, and one can only imagine how different things could have gone had we just bit the bullet and fired Kubiak after he had already proven to be inept at making second half adjustments or clock management. But go on with your cute little quips. You are one funny dude, cak.

The majority of the fans wanted Kubiak gone in 2010. If the decision had been put to a vote casted by season ticket holders, he would have been gone. It doesn't work that way, however. Not our fault.

The majority of the fans wanted Kubiak gone in 2010. If the decision had been put to a vote casted by season ticket holders, he would have been gone. It doesn't work that way, however. Not our fault.

Are you sure about that? Have any numbers to back up that statement? I remember hearing a ton of homers still claiming he deserved more time, that he needed a better defensive coordinator, still was working with Casserly and Capers players, etc. It seemed to be excuse after excuse for Gary.

Anyway, I'm not calling Houston fans bad fans by any means. More than anything my statement was intended as a jab to those "fans" that are so blinded by their loyalty to a specific player or coach that they are willing to sacrifice wins just in the hopes that they will eventually be correct about said player or coach.

Are you sure about that? Have any numbers to back up that statement?

Anyway, I'm not calling Houston fans bad fans by any means. More than anything my statement was intended as a jab to those "fans" that are so blinded by their loyalty to a specific player or coach that they are willing to sacrifice wins just in the hopes that they will eventually be correct about said player or coach.

Then argue that, rather than take it to the absrd conclusion that the teams, failures are on the fans.

I don't remember ever falling asleep during a texans game. I was looking forward to at least seeing what players are worth keeping next season but it feels more like these last few games will be like the fourth preseason games. Dennison is too kubîak esque to be a good Oc and wade is well... Too much like wade.

So you're mad at fans for being fans?

For years I've heard people try to define what a "real fan" was. Usually it's some form of rooting for the team through thick and thin. This is the first I've heard it as essentially quit rooting for the team until it wins.

Personally, I root for players and coaches as much as I root for the team. It's why I tend to follow players that I like even after they leave and get very uncomfortable when a player I don't like or respect is on my team. I will continue to root for college players that enter the pro arena.

I remember being happy for Lance Berkman after he finally won a world series. I was genuinely happy for a grown man I have never met. I honestly dislike the idea that AJ may never win a SB with the Texans. Again, a grown man I have never met.

Like a team that has a huge financial or draft pick invested in a player, fans will always be more patient with players they have an emotional investment in. They are, after all, fans.

What this team needs is a good kick in the ass. I hate when everything is going wrong and our coaches just stand their like statues and say nothing to players. I want a coach who holds players accountable, and will rip players a new ass hole when they arent doing their jobs.

Also i have been a big Case suppporter but i think this coaching staff has ruined him and what he does great. He had so man chances to scramble and move the pocket today and yet he didnt. He is staying in the pocket even though he shouldnt. And we all know what he can do outside the pocket.

On that note Case does not look like the answer next season. We better draft good this off season is all i know.

What this team needs is a good kick in the ass. I hate when everything is going wrong and our coaches just stand their like statues and say nothing to players. I want a coach who holds players accountable, and will rip players a new ass hole when they arent doing their jobs.

Also i have been a big Case suppporter but i think this coaching staff has ruined him and what he does great. He had so man chances to scramble and move the pocket today and yet he didnt. He is staying in the pocket even though he shouldnt. And we all know what he can do outside the pocket.

On that note Case does not look like the answer next season. We better draft good this off season is all i know.

It has to be the coaches that ruined Case, it couldn't be possible he just doesn't have nfl talent to be a starter

It has to be the coaches that ruined Case, it couldn't be possible he just doesn't have nfl talent to be a starter

Before the coaches got in his head about staying in the pocket he was making all kinds of things happen. Now he is making it a point not to leave the pocket, and also u have selective reading cause if u read farther u will see i said i dont think Case is the answer.

and also u have selective reading cause if u read farther u will see i said i dont think Case is the answer.

I think many people read up to something they can disagree with and then go straight to their snarky reply, leaving the rest of the post unread.

Before the coaches got in his head about staying in the pocket he was making all kinds of things happen. Now he is making it a point not to leave the pocket, and also u have selective reading cause if u read farther u will see i said i dont think Case is the answer.

Maybe the rest of the nfl noticed after a game or two that if you took the deep ball away it was over. I read the rest of your post but it was my laughter over more Case excuses that I had to go back to

Bob McNair needs to hire more intelligent people to run his team. No player is safe this off season excluding only one, Watt. If it means taking a huge salary cap hit because we have to cut players then do it. Get players here who are going to play when things get tough. I've watched to many players since this losing streak just go through the motions on the field. This is evident by penalties, interviews and their actions on the sidelines during beatings. Look how long it took for them to get rid of Marciano. They kept getting rid of players because this guy was terrible at his job.

Case may or may not be the future but his O line is such garbage. It doesn't help that the greatest Texan to ever put on a uniform mailed it in. I'm sure he'll blame the fans for not showing up on the road though.

I just can't fathom how it went last year to this year.

Bob McNair needs to hire more intelligent people to run his team. No player is safe this off season excluding only one, Watt. If it means taking a huge salary cap hit because we have to cut players then do it. Get players here who are going to play when things get tough. I've watched to many players since this losing streak just go through the motions on the field. This is evident by penalties, interviews and their actions on the sidelines during beatings. Look how long it took for them to get rid of Marciano. They kept getting rid of players because this guy was terrible at his job.

Case may or may not be the future but his O line is such garbage. It doesn't help that the greatest Texan to ever put on a uniform mailed it in. I'm sure he'll blame the fans for not showing up on the road though.

I just can't fathom how it went last year to this year.

I will help you fathom this,

1. They weren't as good as their record last yr.
2. C-N-D told us after Schaub's injury that his play would fall off from begining of the season to the end of the season. Also his play would fall off each yr after the Lisfranc injury.

C-N-D was spot on in his analysis. Many on the board didn't believe him but the results are what they are. The Texans are the WORST team in the league. This makes me respect what Schaub did for this team pre-injury, even more than I did before.

An offense is like a car engine. If the timing is off, your 500 HP motor will barely run. That's where this team is. A couple of pieces of the offensive line are broken, so the entire team can't function. New QB or not, the team will function again when the line is fixed. We all know the team is better than this.

An offense is like a car engine. If the timing is off, your 500 HP motor will barely run. That's where this team is. A couple of pieces of the offensive line are broken, so the entire team can't function. New QB or not, the team will function again when the line is fixed. We all know the team is better than this.

True. At the same time, even if you get the OL fixed, you aren't going all the way unless you have the QB.

We've seen teams with great QB's succeed despite poor OL play. We've seen teams with great OL's succeed despite poor QB play, but the ceiling is always lower. Quarterback is, by far, the most important position for every franchise. OL or not, we have to find that guy or it's all for naught.

Defenses took a couple games to figure out how to game-plan for Case. He's not going to work out.

Also, when they tried to coach him up, it didn't work. Maybe they should've known it wouldn't, but they kind of had no choice but to try. Keenum just can't do a lot of what a starting NFL QB should do, but he can run around kind of like Manziel and then hit a deep receiver on a broken pattern, which can be easily game-planned against by the Defense.

The O-line is also part of the problem.

Injuries are also part of the problem.

Not making in-game adjustments was/is part of the problem.

Etc., etc., ad-nauseum.

Maybe the rest of the nfl noticed after a game or two that if you took the deep ball away it was over. I read the rest of your post but it was my laughter over more Case excuses that I had to go back to

Watching a game or two is not going to take what Case was doing great away, he still has plenty of time to scramble around, he just isnt doing it. And we all know that CBs can only hang with their guys so long, and him buying 5-10 additional seconds is what was allowing his guys to come open deep.

But now he is making it a mute point not to leave the pocket. Kubiak and Dennison both addressed it saying he needed to stay in the pocket, NOW he does even when he shouldnt. Other coaches adapt to what their QBs do great it is why most of "those" guys still have jobs, and team with winning records. But here at the texans we dont want you to be the player you are, we want you to be the prototypical 1991 QB that we want you to be.

but he can run around kind of like Manziel and then hit a deep receiver on a broken pattern, which can be easily game-planned against by the Defense. .

From what I can see it looks like the opposite. They seem to be covering the shorter routes with less deep help. I assume they're betting they can get to Case before he sees it and makes an accurate throw. So far they're absolutely right.

On his second interception, they seem less concerned about Martin going long and just sat on AJ's route.

An interesting thing I noticed was that Case was spreading the ball around much better earlier on. Now, much like Schaub, his throws go to AJ or the TE and the others don't see a whole lot thrown their way. And this is with AJ getting most of the attention. Curious why that is. Same thing happened to TJ.

Watching a game or two is not going to take what Case was doing great away, he still has plenty of time to scramble around, he just isnt doing it. And we all know that CBs can only hang with their guys so long, and him buying 5-10 additional seconds is what was allowing his guys to come open deep.

But now he is making it a mute point not to leave the pocket. Kubiak and Dennison both addressed it saying he needed to stay in the pocket, NOW he does even when he shouldnt. Other coaches adapt to what their QBs do great it is why most of "those" guys still have jobs, and team with winning records. But here at the texans we dont want you to be the player you are, we want you to be the prototypical 1991 QB that we want you to be.

He isn't the great scrambler you are attempting to make him. If he was he wouldn't take 15-20 yard sacks running straight back from the line. He would have run for the first down yesterday when he was rolling to his left and threw it to whatever rb was out there with him. 5-10 seconds? Lol

It's moot not mute. Case is not Russell Wilson or even Johnny football or any other good scrambling qb

From what I can see it looks like the opposite. They seem to be covering the shorter routes with less deep help. I assume they're betting they can get to Case before he sees it and makes an accurate throw. So far they're absolutely right.

On his second interception, they seem less concerned about Martin going long and just sat on AJ's route.

An interesting thing I noticed was that Case was spreading the ball around much better earlier on. Now, much like Schaub, his throws go to AJ or the TE and the others don't see a whole lot thrown their way. And this is with AJ getting most of the attention. Curious why that is. Same thing happened to TJ.

According to some on here, you & I are imagining this. :kitten:

Case still can't read a blitz even if he's told pre-snap, which the Colts were basically doing.

He forces the ball to AJ (pick) when Hopkins is running wide open

Holds the ball too damn long, making DB the scapegoat on the safety.

He's a mess, this team's a mess, this organization's a mess

This post is absurd & why all the Keenum love was unwarranted from the jump...

Your theory also doesn't hold up simply b/c you're not putting things in perspective or being objective at all.

- His 1st game, Kubiak came out & said he all but had sleepovers with the kid helping him to get ready to play against KC...lots of extra time on top of what he normally does was spent getting him ready.

- I'm sure Kubiak spent just as much time with him, if not more, leading up to the Indy game as well b/c he had 2 weeks to prepare him due to the bye.

These were the games Keenum looked the best in. Coincidentally however, these were also the games where he recieved perhaps the most concentrated amount of coaching from Kubiak/Dennison. So if Kubiak was determined to get Case to stay more in the pocket, we likely would've seen what we're seeing now from him from the jump in those 1st 2 games.

Apart from that, you're completely ignoring a few key things:

1.) For 3 of his 8 starts, Kubiak wasn't even around..

2.) We've been calling a myriad of plays that get him outside of the pocket & even give him the option to run..

3.) His tendency to turn his back to a pass rusher bearing down on him is highly unorthodox on this level & is the chief cause of these 20 yd sacks....

I'm fairly sure Kubiak/Dennison aren't/weren't doing these things to prevent him from utilizing his skill set. & in the case of #3, I know they're not teaching him that..... for that precise reason.

From what I saw yesterday, all things considered, Bob McNair and the Houston Texans might be better off seeing what Vince Young could do rather than Case Keenum. For the record I have never ever suggested the Texans have anything to do with Vince Young. I say it in jest....but things couldn't be any worse.

According to some on here, you & I are imagining this. :kitten:

How many teams in the nfl have a HOF WR or near HOF? Now of those teams if you add the number of targets to that WR and all of the TE on the team would that be the majority of the targets? More than likely and christ that is beyond obvious. FWIW Schaub in previous year did not have an issue spreading the ball around beyond Dre

Disaack dispite the number of targets sleep easy in knowing that no one on the coaching staff has told Matt, TJ or Case force it to Dre no matter what. It on those QB to make the reads on progress through the options

What a JOKE. How bad is this team going to get before things turn around. Penalties and three points. Three!! Whose at fault? Coaching? They should wear Astros jerseys next week. The last thing one would expect if penalties from a team in collapse. If you can't score and can't stop the opponents at least avoid penalties.

How many teams in the nfl have a HOF WR or near HOF? Now of those teams if you add the number of targets to that WR and all of the TE on the team would that be the majority of the targets? More than likely and christ that is beyond obvious. FWIW Schaub in previous year did not have an issue spreading the ball around beyond Dre

Disaack dispite the number of targets sleep easy in knowing that no one on the coaching staff has told Matt, TJ or Case force it to Dre no matter what. It on those QB to make the reads on progress through the options

You still keep repeating the bolded as if the rest of us think the following happened: "Hey Matt, TJ, Case..can you guys make SURE to always force it into AJ in short stop and crossing routes, even if he's triple-covered? We don't care if it gets picked off."

:wadepalm:

Just thinking out loud, how different would the game have been yesterday if AJ would have caught that first ball? It looked as if it was set up to turn into a big play :fans:

He isn't the great scrambler you are attempting to make him. If he was he wouldn't take 15-20 yard sacks running straight back from the line. He would have run for the first down yesterday when he was rolling to his left and threw it to whatever rb was out there with him. 5-10 seconds? Lol

It's moot not mute. Case is not Russell Wilson or even Johnny football or any other good scrambling qb

You are taking what i am saying out of context AGAIN. I dont mean him scramble to pick up yards, i simply mean his ability to get outside the pocket and make throws down field. You know the plays he was making his 1st three starts. Go back and look at his first 3 starts and u will see what i mean.

You are taking what i am saying out of context AGAIN. I dont mean him scramble to pick up yards, i simply mean his ability to get outside the pocket and make throws down field. You know the plays he was making his 1st three starts. Go back and look at his first 3 starts and u will see what i mean.

Im not taking anything out of context. He isnt a great scrambler. Yesterday's game he could have run for a first down and didnt but if he was so great on his feet it would have been easy. Since his first 2 games he has tried to scramble he just tends to run in the opposite direction of the line thus taking 15+ yard sacks. He cant duplicate what he was doing in those first two games so if you keep going back to them its worthless.

You are taking what i am saying out of context AGAIN.

This is what he does. He is a constant straw man debater. He argues against something you did not say, forcing you to explain, no, that is not what I meant...

If you spend time explaining with more clarity, he will take a word to two out and argue again with something you did not actually say.

It's a crazy merry-go-round.

You still keep repeating the bolded as if the rest of us think the following happened: "Hey Matt, TJ, Case..can you guys make SURE to always force it into AJ in short stop and crossing routes, even if he's triple-covered? We don't care if it gets picked off."

:wadepalm:

So its not being coached?

Back