Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

I can feel it, tonights game, a little teaser... then Sunday at 1 THE MAIN COURSE !!!!!

Orchard Park, NY.... Ralph Wilson Stadium....10's of Thousands of the most rabid fans jacked up, bitter over last seasons final game dissapointment.... excitement over the possiblities that a new QB and Rb who is finally 100%...

And lets not forget the D, they'll make sure you don't forget them.... at around 5 O'Clock you'll know what I mean....

You all may be optimistic, have high hopes, you obviously want them to win....but you can't possibly be confident. On the road, team with a chip on thier shoulder, and one of the meanest most talented D's around.... if I'm a Texan..or a Texan fan, i'm shakin' in my cowboy boots.

You can save your "we beat you at home a couple years ago" that was a different team, a much weaker D.

You can save your " The dolphins were saying the same thing, and look what happened" The dolphins have nothing on us, and they have zero home field advantage... they can't even sell out playoff games...or even sell out thier opener this year.....

Its gonna be ugly for you, put your money on the Bills.

Greetings all eager Texans Homers. A philisophical troll has decided to stop by and enlighten you all with his infinite football wisdom, as well as do some friendly trolling. I'm a regular on buffalobills.com, hated by some, embraced by others. I'm a bills AND cowboys troll, so no doubt I had to drop in sooner or later. So lets get down to business....

First of all I'm disappointed that there havent been more texans trolls showing up with delusions of grandeur on BB.com. But a philisophical troll senses something....he senses an overwhelming collective fear....a fear that the keg and takeo are going to decimate your pourous offensive line and frustrate your offensive gameplan. There is no need to fear the inevitable, buffalo's defense is poised to administer a worse thrashing than the cowboys gave you a few weeks ago in preseason.

Honestly I see the Texans being in the mix for a wildcard, and if the overrated colts weren't in the AFC South, you would have a great chance at a division title. But sadly this weekend you drew the Bills to open the season. The only chance I see the texans having is if you jump on buffalo early and force losman into big time turnovers. Duanta Robinson is going to be a star, and I like Peek and Babin's potential. But these greenhorns pale in comparison to the likes of TKO, fletcher, big play nate and the keg. These beasts are on a whole other level and Jerry Grays complex defense will leave Carr and dominick davis dumbfounded all afternoon.

In the end Bills win handily 31-10.....Bills defense could possibly score more than both offenses combined. Good luck you and I hope you escape injury free because it could get ugly. If any of you homers would like to challenge my expertise feel free to do so on here or BB.com. :homer:

P. T. :fishing: :cool:

capt.cxb10608270236.bills_bears_cxb106.jpg

WillisXPress said:
I can feel it, tonights game, a little teaser... then Sunday at 1 THE MAIN COURSE !!!!!

Orchard Park, NY.... Ralph Wilson Stadium....10's of Thousands of the most rabid fans jacked up, bitter over last seasons final game dissapointment.... excitement over the possiblities that a new QB and Rb who is finally 100%...

And lets not forget the D, they'll make sure you don't forget them.... at around 5 O'Clock you'll know what I mean....

You all may be optimistic, have high hopes, you obviously want them to win....but you can't possibly be confident. On the road, team with a chip on thier shoulder, and one of the meanest most talented D's around.... if I'm a Texan..or a Texan fan, i'm shakin' in my cowboy boots.

You can save your "we beat you at home a couple years ago" that was a different team, a much weaker D.

You can save your " The dolphins were saying the same thing, and look what happened" The dolphins have nothing on us, and they have zero home field advantage... they can't even sell out playoff games...or even sell out thier opener this year.....

Its gonna be ugly for you, put your money on the Bills.

I agree, David Carr won't be able to shake the bust label after Buffalos defense has their way with him on sunday. Hopefully the Bills run up the scoreboard and this game is over by halftime. I wouldn't mind seeing the back ups get some work. :cool:

Philisophical Troll said:
I agree, David Carr won't be able to shake the bust label after Buffalos defense has their way with him on sunday. Hopefully the Bills run up the scoreboard and this game is over by halftime. I wouldn't mind seeing the back ups get some work. :cool:
Maybe you should troll the San Diego boards this week, Cowboys fan.

Get that Buffalo out of your avatar while you're at it!

I usually don't participate in these prediction threads because too many people complain that I need to get a 'homer' shot.

But, in almost all the other threads, I'm accused of being a homer. Go figure. idonno:

Bills 31
Texans 0

I think this sunday will be a great game.

Both teams have shaky QB's especially the bills right now and the Davis and McGahee will be the determining factor in this one I believe. I gotta say I like McGahee's chances this sunday.. but who knows what could happen. Andre Johnson is gonna be a threat no doubt.. I hope clements will be ready.
What's your opinions..... is your Oline gonna be up to the task?
The Bills Oline looks kinda shaky right now... so it should be a good decent game.

Prediction: Bills 16
Texans 10

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Crank_It_Up said:
the only way we could beat buffalo is to convince them they are in the superbowl
See, you've got to actually GET to a Superbowl once or twice before talking **** like that!

That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's ******* lol

Bills_R_Us said:
That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's *****es lol

What team are you talking about?? :confused:

We really need some sort of "Trailer smiley" when we're referring to Bud's team.

Bills_R_Us said:
That's ok.... Houston is still lickin their wounds when they were beating the bills in the playoffs until the greatest comeback. Frank Reich's ******* lol
Oh...you mean the game that nobody in Buffalo was able to see since they didn't sell out in time? Even though it hurt-I was able to watch it on TV. Too bad the Buffalo fans that didn't go to the game missed it huh?

Looking into my crystal ball I see one Def TD by the Texans. Turnovers a plenty by Losman, good special teams by the Texans and a turnover less Texans Offense is sound recipe for a W.

We will stuff the run and blitz the QB all day. The only thing that I fear is Lee Evans.

Buffalo_Bills said:
Hello, I would just like to see your predictions for the season opener. Assuming we still have Henry and all the rosters are the same as they are right now.

27-10 Houston
Houston starts the game strong on defense but so does Buffalo, unraveling everything the texans try to do. Late in the second quarter, Chris Palmer tragically chokes on a chicken bone in the booth and has to be rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, a half drunk monkey wearing a chilie stained tshirt wanderes up at just the right moment to lead the texans to a 21 point second half coup to win 27-10.

Chris was saved at the hospital but lost his job to the chimp. :yahoo:

jmerog said:
27-10 Houston
Houston starts the game strong on defense but so does Buffalo, unraveling everything the texans try to do. Late in the second quarter, Chris Palmer tragically chokes on a chicken bone in the booth and has to be rushed to the hospital. Meanwhile, a half drunk monkey wearing a chilie stained tshirt wanderes up at just the right moment to lead the texans to a 21 point second half coup to win 27-10.

Chris was saved at the hospital but lost his job to the chimp. :yahoo:

I love the half drunk money scenario. Since there are number of petitions being tossed around on the board, where can I sign up for this one? :)

Well fellas, leaving for the Buffalo now, could NOT be more excited for this game. Pretty good discussions so far, other than a few wackos...and a Bledsoe troll? Good luck and here is to an injury free great game!

Catch you on Monday no matter what.

Kaiser Toro said:
The only thing that I fear is Lee Evans.

How can you be afraid of just Evans?.... McGahee and the Bills Defense are great.

rmartin65 said:
if mathis plays, i see him returning a kick for a td. or a long way.

The bills had the best special teams last year.. the Bills could do that as well with McGee or Fast Freddie Smith

bills_phan said:
Maybe you should troll the San Diego boards this week, Cowboys fan.

Get that Buffalo out of your avatar while you're at it!

Which one of my losers, i mean buddys from BB.com is this? Old School, JoeSchmoe or Badgervid? Get a clue you tool! :ok:

Why was my thread moved to a prediction thread. It had nothing to do with just one game. I meant good luck all season. Oh well. Good luck anyways.

I go away for a few weeks and I find this thread still going. Man that's crazy.

Hey Bills fans, win or lose don't go away. It's kinda cool having another teams fan perspective. Especially don't go away if your team loses. Make sure you show up and give us our props. And don't worry, we'll do the same as I'm sure there are some of our guys over on your MB's.

atxcoolguy said:
So you know the future man? Mcgahee's numbers will skyrocket while davis's remain the same. Give me your crystal ball please, i have some things i could do with it. DD has been consistent and has improved every year, while Mcgahee has had one good season. He may be better in the future, who knows, but until then Davis has a notch on him. As far as the WRs, what good are your WRs if your QB isn't going to throw to them like Bledsoe did. stats from last year mean nothing. New QB, i guarantee your WR stats will go down from last year, atleast Bledsoe had experience and could throw the ball. From what i've heard from you, Mcgahee will run most of the time, so your receivers will not make a difference.

Yes, McGahee has played one AMAZING season of NFL Football. He did so at, as people have said before me, at about 85%. This year he is back to 100% and primed to have an absolute breakout year. I don't see how you can possibly justify touting Domanick Davis as SO MUCH better than McGahee because he's been "consistent"...HE HAS ONLY PLAYED TWO YEARS, ONE MORE THAN WILLIS MCGAHEE. If you were able to see this objectively instead of being a "homer", you'd be able to see that Willis McGahee will be as good or better than Domanick Davis this year and for years to come. This is not meant to demean Davis in any way, you must understand that. The guy's a beast. But so is Willis.

(On that note, though, neither man measures up to Steven Jackson. Have you seen this kid up close? He's MASSIVE.)

Oh, by the way, somebody earlier had a .gif of Andre Johnson breaking about 94832 simultaneous tackles and incorrectly identified #23 as Troy Vincent. 2 years ago, it was Pierson Prioleau who wore that number for my Bills. If you think the same thing will happen this Sunday with Vincent out there, you are, unfortunately, mistaken- though as long as the Bills win, I'd love to see AJ have a big game, he's on a few of my FF teams. :yahoo:

texanfan2002114 said:
24-10 Houston wins. Rookie QB against a faster texans defense and 2nd year for the Texans OL to be playing together will all add up to a Texans win.
Losman is not a rookie.

TexanFan881 said:
I think the Bills do have a better team then last year, but Losman will definately need to step up to the plate to even keep up with us. I say we win 20-7. The Bills defense plays good, but the Texans defense shuts down Losman. Our offense does decent, but our offensive line has little improvement from last year.

I believe the game will be a good one but the Bills have a lot to show the world that they held back in preseason. Losman saw improvement in his play every week of preseason and would of looked alot better stat wise but our recievers dropped about 30 balls this preseason :bomb: but I look to see Mularky improve that especially since our four recievers Josh Reed, George Wilson, Aiken, and Johnathon Smith are all fighting for a spot to stay on the team,so I look for them to try to step up their game because one of them will be let go once we get Parrish back. Our top two recievers are studs as we have moulds 88 catches last season with Drew "i cant throw anything on target" bledsoe as our quaterback and Lee Evans who led all rookies with 9 touchdown catches last season. Our Running game is anchored by Willis McGahee who showed he could be one of the top running back in the NFL starting only 11 games gaining over 1000 yards and 14 touchdowns. Losman has all the tools around him to succeed and all the tools to be a good quaterback in the nfl. All he has to do is now make the costly mistake and we will be fine. Our O-Line isnt that solid but its starting to gel alittle bit and Losman has the legs and pocket awarness to avoid the pressure which he has done plenty of times before. Not to mention the kid has a rocket of an arm, and then you look at our defense and special teams. Wow! Second Ranked Defense last season and only lost one starter on defense (who only played 33% of the snaps last season) and our special teams was ranked first in the nfl. We have McGree returning kicks and he is a threat everytime he touches the ball to score and we have the real secret success to our Special teams is Jason Peters. The man is a monster and he on the norm will pancake two men from the kicking team opening up gapeing holes for our returners. We also have the best punter in the NFL who doesnt get enough credit for what he does. But he was huge for us last year as we played field possession football and we are going to do the same this season. Good luck you guys!

Bills win 28-14

The bills defence is pumped just like it is on every opening day. They will run wild on your offense or lack there of one. Watch for your running game to be shut down early and your passing game to follow.... we will make you a one dimensional (sp?) offense the whole game and you guy's will be battling back all game long with that said good luck tommarow i see the bills winning by double diget's!!!

:pigfly: <<< that's when the texan's will beat the bills

your kidding right? yea the texan's will NOT beat the bills tommarow. We are to good for you we will outplay you all game long.. David Carr is a BUST watch for him to be on his back alot. Your running game will not even start

how can you call carr a bust so soon? He started for an expansion team and had NO protection. He only has time to look two reads. He has pretty much no #2 reciever. Bradford has done almost nothing.

It appears that Hogwarts is back in session and I commend you for taking full advantage of your resources.

The Bills D is one of the best heading into the season and the stats you are projecting don't mean a thing until the game is over. I would be more concerned about what your offense will do tomorrow.

jd4me925 said:
your kidding right? yea the texan's will NOT beat the bills tommarow. We are to good for you we will outplay you all game long.. David Carr is a BUST watch for him to be on his back alot. Your running game will not even start

Please stop embarassing knowledgeable, intelligent, and mature Bills fans.

Carr is a good QB, who is sadly not surrounded by a huge amount of talent. The guy has heart, toughness, and a few years of experiance under his belt. JP on the other hand is surrounded by huge talent, suffered a broken leg last year, and has 5 passes under his belt... advantage; Houston.

On that note I suggest you stop harassing the Texans' fans about their QB.

If you want to focus on the game breakers, focus on our defense and special teams. They are the reason we will score points, and Houston will struggle. They are the reason I see Buffalo winning.

So to blindly bash a very good QB just rendered your future arguements... lame... Unfounded... Ignorant even?

sandt38 said:

Carr is a good QB, who is sadly not surrounded by a huge amount of talent. The guy has heart, toughness, and a few years of experiance under his belt. JP on the other hand is surrounded by huge talent, suffered a broken leg last year, and has 5 passes under his belt... advantage; Houston.

If you want to focus on the game breakers, focus on our defense and special teams. They are the reason we will score points, and Houston will struggle. They are the reason I see Buffalo winning.

So to blindly bash a very good QB just rendered your future arguements... lame... Unfounded... Ignorant even?

thank you for those comments. its nice to know that some people have respect for teams that are not their favorites.

sandt38 said:

Thanks for not bashing Carr but since when is Jp surrounded by huge talent?
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!

rmartin65 said:
thank you for those comments. its nice to know that some people have respect for teams that are not their favorites.

The fans of this board sold me on you guys. As you can see, I have been a member here longer than you, and simply wish to extend the same courtesy and respect you guys have shown me... as well as talk football on a realistic, knowledgeable level.

Our 1 glaring weakness is at QB this year, and for this dude to come in bashing Carr seems rather hypocritical.

Offensively I think it is a coin toss. Defensively I give it to the Bills until proven otherwise. Both STs are good. Overall, the Bills look to have the advantage based on the defense, but the game still has to be played.

run-david-run said:
Thanks for not bashing Carr but since when is Jp surrounded by huge talent?
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!

Sorry, you are way off base. While the team has struggled mightily on offense lately we can easily attribute that to Bledsoe. Eric Moulds is one of the very best in the league, and we have Evans, a second year man, who in his rookie season caught 48 passes for 843 or a whopping 17.6 YPC average and scored 9 touchdowns. It took Drew several weeks to grow comfortable enough to throw Evans the ball, so that brings his numbers down some. Moulds didn't have a stellar year last year (88 for 1043 a 11.9 Avg and 5 TDs (AJ had 100 more yards and 1 TD, not a vast advantage at all)), but still has over 8200 yards in 9 years, and durring his first 2 years he was used sparingly. So over his last 7 years as our #1, he has amassed over 7700 yards, this with the likes of Mr. Sub 200 YPG Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, and a guy who was with us for a year we don't like to mention. Not only that, but look at how Peerless Price did with Moulds drawing the doubles, then look at him after he became the #1 guy in Atlanta... That is an intangible that the stats don't tell you about.

McGahee may have had less all pourpose yards, but he also played in 4 less games. Davis started 15 games, led team with 302 carries for 1,188 yards (3.9 avg.) and 13 TDs. McGahee started 11 games with 284 for 1128 (4.0 avg.) and 13 TDs. Davis also had alot more recieving yards simply because he had a QB who relied on him heavily, and would dump off the short pass to avoid the sack. Unfortunately, in Blew Dreadslow aka the statue, we had a guy whou would rather take the sack than dump the pass (or even move for that matter).

It is hard for me to come here and call out a Bills fan for his ignorance, and then pretend to ignore yours. Please do some research before making blind statemens on a couple numbers you know nothing about.

Whatever. Clements is good, great as a matter of fact but cannot hold AJ. Also Mathis is a probable which means we will have more speed so thats another threat yall will need to watch for. I really see this game as a tossup but because im a texan ima say we got this by a FG.

I usually just read the threads and keep my comments to myself, but I have to reply to this one just because it is one of the worst ones I've seen to date.
I always hope that the Texans come out with a "W" but realistically, I just hope it's a good game and that there are no major injuries. There are still 15 more games to go after this Sunday. Best of luck to both teams.

We dont have to stoop to the level of these select few of Bills fans on here that are trying to get our goat. Ether way , if they win they will act childish and come in and say I told you so , and if they lose you wont hear from them.

jd4me925 said:
The bills defence is pumped just like it is on every opening day. They will run wild on your offense or lack there of one. Watch for your running game to be shut down early and your passing game to follow.... we will make you a one dimensional (sp?) offense the whole game and you guy's will be battling back all game long with that said good luck tommarow i see the bills winning by double diget's!!!

Excuse my ignorance but if you shut down our passing and running, what dimension is left for us to be one dimensional? Perhaps youy oughta spend a little more time thinking through your next post.

:pigfly: <<< that's when the texan's will beat the bills
:bomb:

Texas said:
Whatever. Clements is good, great as a matter of fact but cannot hold AJ. Also Mathis is a probable which means we will have more speed so thats another threat yall will need to watch for. I really see this game as a tossup but because im a texan ima say we got this by a FG.

mathis was upgraded to probable?

Back