Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

sandt38 said:
Sorry, you are way off base. While the team has struggled mightily on offense lately we can easily attribute that to Bledsoe. Eric Moulds is one of the very best in the league, and we have Evans, a second year man, who in his rookie season caught 48 passes for 843 or a whopping 17.6 YPC average and scored 9 touchdowns. It took Drew several weeks to grow comfortable enough to throw Evans the ball, so that brings his numbers down some. Moulds didn't have a stellar year last year (88 for 1043 a 11.9 Avg and 5 TDs (AJ had 100 more yards and 1 TD, not a vast advantage at all)), but still has over 8200 yards in 9 years, and durring his first 2 years he was used sparingly. So over his last 7 years as our #1, he has amassed over 7700 yards, this with the likes of Mr. Sub 200 YPG Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, and a guy who was with us for a year we don't like to mention. Not only that, but look at how Peerless Price did with Moulds drawing the doubles, then look at him after he became the #1 guy in Atlanta... That is an intangible that the stats don't tell you about.

McGahee may have had less all pourpose yards, but he also played in 4 less games. Davis started 15 games, led team with 302 carries for 1,188 yards (3.9 avg.) and 13 TDs. McGahee started 11 games with 284 for 1128 (4.0 avg.) and 13 TDs. Davis also had alot more recieving yards simply because he had a QB who relied on him heavily, and would dump off the short pass to avoid the sack. Unfortunately, in Blew Dreadslow aka the statue, we had a guy whou would rather take the sack than dump the pass (or even move for that matter).

It is hard for me to come here and call out a Bills fan for his ignorance, and then pretend to ignore yours. Please do some research before making blind statemens on a couple numbers you know nothing about.
Overall I agree with your post. McGahee is a better runner but davis is a better receiver. Secondly our oline struggled with the zone blocking scheme in the beginning of the season and ended the season very strong
TEN 120Yds 1TD
IND 128Yds 1TD
CHI 95Yds 1TD
CLE 103Yds 1TD

If your LT is Mike Gandy, you shouldn't really say that your QB is surrounded with talent. And the rest of the o line is only so-so. The WR corps. average out to about the same. I will say the buffalo's defense is better, but Losman better watch his back, if you know what I mean.

jd4me925 said:
...dimensional (sp?)...
I must give you props. At least you got that right.

Less than 280 yards of total offense? If true, I bet we have mad punting yardage. Vote Chad Stanley for Pro Bowl punter!

jd4me925 said:
The bills defence is pumped just like it is on every opening day. They will run wild on your offense or lack there of one. Watch for your running game to be shut down early and your passing game to follow.... we will make you a one dimensional (sp?) offense the whole game and you guy's will be battling back all game long with that said good luck tommarow i see the bills winning by double diget's!!!

:pigfly: <<< that's when the texan's will beat the bills

Correction JD....the Texans won't have more than 80 total yards rushing and passing :tv:

Philisophical Troll said:
Correction JD....the Texans won't have more than 80 total yards rushing and passing :tv:

That prediction is even more ridiculous than the last one. :homer:

rmartin65 said:
it appears that Hogwarts is back in session and I commend you for taking full advantage of your resources.
?

it's a harry potter reference. it's the school of wizardry that harry and co. attend, and coincidentally where a major portion of the storyline takes place.

i felt like that was more constructive to respond to than the original poster and his statement/prediction. better than feeding a troll anyway...can't wait 'till noon and all the speculation fly's away with the :pigfly:

:texflag:

jr0ck said:
it's a harry potter reference. it's the school of wizardry that harry and co. attend, and coincidentally where a major portion of the storyline takes place.

i felt like that was more constructive to respond to than the original poster and his statement/prediction. better than feeding a troll anyway...can't wait 'till noon and all the speculation fly's away with the :pigfly:

Appreciate the ackonwledment of the high brow reference. Twelve hours and counting. :texflag:

sandt38 said:
Sorry, you are way off base. While the team has struggled mightily on offense lately we can easily attribute that to Bledsoe. Eric Moulds is one of the very best in the league, and we have Evans, a second year man, who in his rookie season caught 48 passes for 843 or a whopping 17.6 YPC average and scored 9 touchdowns. It took Drew several weeks to grow comfortable enough to throw Evans the ball, so that brings his numbers down some. Moulds didn't have a stellar year last year (88 for 1043 a 11.9 Avg and 5 TDs (AJ had 100 more yards and 1 TD, not a vast advantage at all)), but still has over 8200 yards in 9 years, and durring his first 2 years he was used sparingly. So over his last 7 years as our #1, he has amassed over 7700 yards, this with the likes of Mr. Sub 200 YPG Bledsoe, Rob Johnson, and a guy who was with us for a year we don't like to mention. Not only that, but look at how Peerless Price did with Moulds drawing the doubles, then look at him after he became the #1 guy in Atlanta... That is an intangible that the stats don't tell you about.

McGahee may have had less all pourpose yards, but he also played in 4 less games. Davis started 15 games, led team with 302 carries for 1,188 yards (3.9 avg.) and 13 TDs. McGahee started 11 games with 284 for 1128 (4.0 avg.) and 13 TDs. Davis also had alot more recieving yards simply because he had a QB who relied on him heavily, and would dump off the short pass to avoid the sack. Unfortunately, in Blew Dreadslow aka the statue, we had a guy whou would rather take the sack than dump the pass (or even move for that matter).

It is hard for me to come here and call out a Bills fan for his ignorance, and then pretend to ignore yours. Please do some research before making blind statemens on a couple numbers you know nothing about.

Oh, where to start.... First of all Davis, while starting 15 games was only really healthy for about 11 and was used sparingly to start the season (he had about 20 yds against KC because of injury). Secondly, Price struggled so much in Atlanta in part because he was the number 1 reciver, but mostly because Michel Vick was his quarterback, a career completion percentage below 55%, and who was the last Falcons wide reciver who looked good with Vick as a qb? (crumpler is a TE).

Bills fans need to let the idea that Molds is an elite reciver go. He was great in his prime, now he is still certanly way baove average, but not in the top 10 in the game, stop acting like he is!

I think with McGahee you have a real workhorse back, but is he going to be enough to get you 10 wins? The way I see it, a great game from a running back would be in the area of 150 yds and a score, where are the rest of the points going to come from is the passing game is going to be as conservative as the "just don't turn it over" approach.

Anyway, here is to a good game tommorow.....
Go texans

jr0ck said:

oh. i guess i did not read those...

just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK :tomato:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS said:
just how long do you Bill's fans really think Mcgahee is going to last, he is a risk every time he steps on the field, take a look back at his college injury, that defensive back made mcgahee's leg look like a soft pretzel, during the championship, that is a serious injury that will never go away, wait till Antwan Peek or Jason Babin aim for his leg, it will make that college injury look like a cut finger, anyway he will not last a full season, please return back to this thread, and thank me for the warning you guys, and to let henry go, you guys have no back up. GOOD LUCK :tomato:

We had another back who suffered the same injury, who we took into our fold as well.

His name is Thurman Thomas :thumbup

Also, we have Williams. Williams was called on last year a couple times and turned up big games for us each time.

Secondly, Price struggled so much in Atlanta in part because he was the number 1 reciver, but mostly because Michel Vick was his quarterback

I wouldn't say "mostly" by any means. While I don't think Vick is a good QB at all, Price did suffer doubles where Moulds pulled them off. There is no denying that Moulds pulls doubles everywhere he goes, so I don't understand why you might argue this. I used Price to show what intangibles aren't brought to the table by means of a simple stat.

I think with McGahee you have a real workhorse back, but is he going to be enough to get you 10 wins? The way I see it, a great game from a running back would be in the area of 150 yds and a score, where are the rest of the points going to come from is the passing game is going to be as conservative as the "just don't turn it over" approach.

So you are saying that the only way to be a great RB is to have 2400 yards and 16 TDS? A great game by a running back is 90+ yards and a W in my book. With 90 yards the back has done enough to keep the passing game open (because let's be real, his job is to keep secondaries guessing and give a valuable second to the recievers running routes), and is on target for 1440 yards for the season. The RB is not the only player on the field, so to expect 150 yards and a score every game seems farfetched... so much so it has never been done. While OJ might have accomplished it in a 16 game season (remember, his 2000+ yard season was in a 14 game year), I really doubt it... by default it almost seems as if you are suggesting there has never been a great back ;). Seriously though, I don't understand why people feel you need to have massive numbers to have a great game. Again, there are intangibles that aren't always reflected in a YPG.TD/game stat. Here's a couple:

Buffalo; 0-4 with travis Henry, 9-2 with Willis.

Buffalo; Allowed 19 sacks with Henry in 4 games, Allowed 16 sacks with McGahee in 11 games, including 0 against Miami and the Jets (2 fine defenses last year), and a total of 5 against NE and the Steelers (3 and 2 respectively).

So if you consider the context of my origional quote and remember I responded to this;

Thanks for not bashing Carr but since when is Jp surrounded by huge talent?
AJ is better than any wide revicer on your team and Davis had more yds from scrimage than McGahee, if Losman has huge talent around him, than the Texans are a Pro-Bowl team!!!

I think we can agree this dude is way off base.

Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.

I think McGahee will see alot of action today. We are suffering with an inexperianced QB (who I truely hope will be a superstar), and a fairly weak passblocking O-line. JPs mobility may help us in the weak o-line dept. However, I feel like we picked up Bennie Anderson (a strong runblocker) to strengthen our running game, which the coaches seem to feel will dominate our offense this season.

Good luck to you all. The Texans fans have my utmost respect.

TigerBait said:
Everyone needs to get off of Willis' d***. He's good, but we have faced better. Hell, our RB is just as good IMO.

I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.

I undoubtedly recognize that McGahee has unique talent, but he is no god send, and even the best running back can't "hammer" or much less succeed with 8 men in the box. He will most likely get 100 yards today and will most definately get 1,000 yards this season, but, after just one season, I would not dub him as one of the elite RB's to date.

sandt38 said:
I would say you haven't seen what he really brings to the game. If he stays healthy, he should be one of the best rushers to play the game today.

Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.

run-david-run said:
Last season we played against LT, Priest Holmes, Edge (twice), Fred Taylor, and Curtis Martin. I don't think McGahee is going to scare us now.
hahahahah great post. He just put up well over 100 yards on you.

WOW.

Just got back from Buffalo. No other way to put it, you guys got manhandled, but I see all your posts here and whatnot, you know what happened, I ain't here to rub anything in. I said I would be here Monday come rain or shine and here I am. I tried to find a positive to bring to you guys, but all I can really say is hey, it's a long season. Buffalo started 0-4 last year and finished 9-7, ANYTHING is possible. Thought I'd relate one thing to you...

I was sitting on the 47 yard line, front row right behind where Dunta and P. Buch and all those guys were huddling up when off the field (if you got a tape, I'm in a throwback Evans jersey, lol). They were getting a lot of smack thrown at them by fans by the second half, but most of it was good natured, nothing raunchy or mean really. But when Carr threw the second pick, the dude next to me screams out "hey Dunta, I bet you wish Warren Moon was still the QB in Houston huh?" and Dunta turned around, after NO ONE had responded to any fans taunts at all, looked at the dude, pulled his do-rag up over his eyes a little and just barely nodded. EVERYONE who saw it started dying laughing. When Carr threw the third pick, Dunta turned right round and looked at the dude as if to say "oh brother, not again.".

I see all these "Fire Carr" threads and whatnot here, and I don't think your team will, but just know that at least Dunta is fed up with the O, or Carr, or both.I wouldn't be surprised if that spreads to the rest of the D as well.

Anyway, keep your cool Texans fans, tis a long season and you went up against a great D. 15 Games to go. Don't give up yet, and good luck.

Back