Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Hello (Season Opener Prediction Thread)

I would imagine Buffalo is counting on an opening day win just like we did last year. I much prefer the Texans in the underdog roll. I am thinking we have them right where we want them ... a game their fans and the team itself is looking at as a "we should win this game"... the kiss of death, especially early in the NFL season... so

Texans 20 Bills 17

Texan Gal 312 said:
I would imagine Buffalo is counting on an opening day win just like we did last year. I much prefer the Texans in the underdog roll. I am thinking we have them right where we want them ... a game their fans and the team itself is looking at as a "we should win this game"... the kiss of death, especially early in the NFL season... so

Texans 20 Bills 17
And add in that the Texans just had two horrible games.

TEXANS84 said:
Losman had two picks this evening.

It was his first 2 picks of the preseason, I was at the game one ball was a poor throw in which he missed jugded the wind as he was throwing into it. The 2nd pick hit a Buffalo reciever (who will most likely not make the team) in the hands and was picked off. One thing J.P must do is look off his primary reciever better. Either way opening day will be good and the drinks will be flowing

Double Barrel said:
Man, I've been to the city of Buffalo. You're smack talk is worse than your town, which is the place America would get an enema when it's constipated.

People leave Buffalo to get real jobs in Houston. My in-laws are from Buffalo, and they've never looked back. I've never heard anyone talk trash about their hometown more than people from Buffalo.

Regardless of who wins this football game, you people are still stuck in Buffalo. Good luck with all that. :heh:

Wow.......there are so many shots I can take at this i dont even know where too start. We are actually fine here in Buffalo and if you actually stayed here more then a wk. you would notice that. We are on Lake Erie and in the summer time there are over 7 beaches 20 minutes away not too bad at all. This along with the bars staying open untill 4 am makes it ok.The only time Buffalo is bad is the months of Dec. to March. But from what i've heard the discomfort we have w the snow and cold in these months is very comparable to the discomfort you "Texans" face in the heat during June to september. Thats pretty low to talk trash about someones city on a football message board, but i know one thing i would rather be "stuck" here in Buffalo then in the land of George Bush and immigrant plagued Texas

b-lo55 said:
Wow.......there are so many shots I can take at this i dont even know where too start. We are actually fine here in Buffalo and if you actually stayed here more then a wk. you would notice that. We are on Lake Erie and in the summer time there are over 7 beaches 20 minutes away not too bad at all. This along with the bars staying open untill 4 am makes it ok.The only time Buffalo is bad is the months of Dec. to March. But from what i've heard the discomfort we have w the snow and cold in these months is very comparable to the discomfort you "Texans" face in the heat during June to september. Thats pretty low to talk trash about someones city on a football message board, but i know one thing i would rather be "stuck" here in Buffalo then in the land of George Bush and immigrant plagued Texas

This thread is known for cheap shots and severe homerisms, so any good natured football fans, please excuse both sides, i think we're both just craving football. As for Buffalo, My family comes from buffalo, i've been to buffalo on numerous occasions and it has its ups and downs like every other city.

texan279 said:
I saw that too...maybe on opening weekend he and Carr can have a contest to see who can throw the most INT's the fastest...

why would you do that? Everyone needs to give carr some slack even though he hasnt been at his best the last couple of games doesnt mean he wont handle his buisness in the 1st game of the year, yeah i say he has a good game and the whole team will have some nerves but nothing we cant get over texans win 21 - 17 :texans:

texan279 said:
I saw that too...maybe on opening weekend he and Carr can have a contest to see who can throw the most INT's the fastest...

lol:

:taz: <--------Not sure why I posted Taz, but it was too good to pass up.

I was a Bills fan but nomore... Jp Losman will be a bust....It is written all over it And Tom Donahoe is gonna get fired at Bills Gm... Look what Tom Donahoe did to this team.. Sure he did good on D but that D person left to the Steelers now Jerry Grey is D cordnatior.. Players are slowley leaving this team. Tom Donahoe could of got Pat Williams back but he wouldent get his fat butt out of his chair and SIGNED HIM! THEY kept JOSH REED over Drew Hadded AND HE HAD A PROMISING PRESEASON. Josh Reed cannot catch squat id call him butter fingers because he SUCKS THAT much!

I think the Texans are gonna have a good Season!

9-7 GO TEXANS

TEXANS84 said:
I have never heard of an interception being blamed on the wind.

when u are in buffalo the wind plays a big part in passing escacially in december. We have strong winds in buffalo in winter and fall actually.

when u are in buffalo the wind plays a big part in passing escacially in december. We have strong winds in buffalo in winter and fall actually.
So its not jp losmans fault that he threw those interceptions. :ok:

Bubbajwp said:
So its not jp losmans fault that he threw those interceptions. :ok:

yeah they weren't fisrt one was the wind and the second one hit one of his recievers and it bounced up so thats not his fault if he hit's the reciever and the pass isn't caught but i will say this the team who wins the battle in the trenches will win this game

10-7 Texans D will make the stop they need to make against lossman, good qb, but needs playing time before he can led that team to a win :texans:

QB - Texans (Carr has the advantage of experience, and this is Losman's first real test)
RB - Bills (DD is solid, no doubt, but McGahee has elite back written all over him)
WR - Bills (AJ makes a strong case for the Texans, but the combo of Evans and Moulds trumps us since we don't have a great #2)
TE - Wash
OLine - Wash (We both have suspect o-lines, looking forward to seeing the yellow hankerchiefs get thrown every play for holding)

DLine - Wash (The Bills have a very good DLine, but we have Walker, Smith, and a healthy Payne as well as TJ coming off the bench. We're both fielding very good players here)
LB - Bills (Takeo Spikes anyone? The Bills LB's have more experience as starters and are more proven playmakers than any of our guys)
CB - Slight advantage Bills (Dunta is gonna be a great one, but PBuch brings us down a little here. Nate Clements and McGee are the better duo at this point)
Safety - Bills (No doubt here. Coleman is a good player for us, but we're starting a rookie 6th rounder at SS. We've already seen he hasn't learned to stay in position at times, making him a suspect safety valve)

Verdict? The last time I predicted an opposing team to beat us is when we played Oakland last season. We came out and wrecked shop that game, which basically shows that my prediction's worth squat, but anyways, here goes. The Bills may have a better overall team, but they have an inexperienced player at the most crucial position, QB. I think it's going to come down to which QB plays the most mistake free football, and which defense can contain the run the best. Our defense hasn't gelled sufficiently yet to shut down McGahee, so unless Losman really screws up and/or Carr turns around with a great performance, I think the Bills take this one: 24-13, Bills. :crying:

you guys are in for real treat come sunday. willis mcgahee is gonna dunk all over your pathetic excuse of an expansion team. good luck moving the ball the best d in all of football. texans = :goodnight

Tankhead said:
Actually Davis is a far better back than McGayhee
Yards from scrimmage: Davis-1776(5th in the league) McGayhee-1297(24th)
Just rushing yards: Davis-1188(11th) McGayhee-1128(14th)

From what I am reading we have a closer "top 5" back than you.
Unless you are using preseason stats then your third best TO ratio is wrong. Yours was 6th last season and ours was 9th. Hardly enough for bragging rights. You really should get the stats right before you post them.

McGahee, only played 11 games and Davis played all 16 games. You do the math.

McGahee, only played 11 games and Davis played all 16 games. You do the math.

Actually, McGahee started 11 games but played in all 16, Davis started 15 and played in 15, you do the math...

blockhead83 said:
QB - Texans (Carr has the advantage of experience, and this is Losman's first real test)
RB - Bills (DD is solid, no doubt, but McGahee has elite back written all over him)
WR - Bills (AJ makes a strong case for the Texans, but the combo of Evans and Moulds trumps us since we don't have a great #2)
TE - Wash
OLine - Wash (We both have suspect o-lines, looking forward to seeing the yellow hankerchiefs get thrown every play for holding)

DLine - Wash (The Bills have a very good DLine, but we have Walker, Smith, and a healthy Payne as well as TJ coming off the bench. We're both fielding very good players here)
LB - Bills (Takeo Spikes anyone? The Bills LB's have more experience as starters and are more proven playmakers than any of our guys)
CB - Slight advantage Bills (Dunta is gonna be a great one, but PBuch brings us down a little here. Nate Clements and McGee are the better duo at this point)
Safety - Bills (No doubt here. Coleman is a good player for us, but we're starting a rookie 6th rounder at SS. We've already seen he hasn't learned to stay in position at times, making him a suspect safety valve)

Verdict? The last time I predicted an opposing team to beat us is when we played Oakland last season. We came out and wrecked shop that game, which basically shows that my prediction's worth squat, but anyways, here goes. The Bills may have a better overall team, but they have an inexperienced player at the most crucial position, QB. I think it's going to come down to which QB plays the most mistake free football, and which defense can contain the run the best. Our defense hasn't gelled sufficiently yet to shut down McGahee, so unless Losman really screws up and/or Carr turns around with a great performance, I think the Bills take this one: 24-13, Bills. :crying:

Solid analysis of this game. Good post!

Oh man the madness that is a msg board, ok i'm going to chime in on my response, first my prediction, Texans 27- Bills- 23, Ok so all you bills fans that have no life and sit around on opposing teams msg boards are thinking another homer, well ok i'm a homer thats fine, but theres a method to my madness, first take into account regardless of the team or situation, we went into ralph wilson stadium and beat u guys with our back up quarterback a couple of years ago, regardless that the teams are different that place is one of the hardest places to play, and we proved that we could go there and win, after last years tabocle that was our first game against san diego, the texans need to realize the importance of the first game, by no means is it a break or die game, but if the texans want any legitimate shot at a play off run they need to answer the questions that have been asked so readily in the offseason, so before u bills fans come on here and start to butcher me, heres the last point i want to make, the bills have an outstanding defense one of the best in the league, the texans offense is mediocre, the bills offense is still a question mark (and u can tell me how good jp is but i'm not buying it, u guys have mcgahee and a couple of solid receivers in moulds and evans), and the texans defense is sub-par at best, so it's going to go down to a kicking game and field position, capers is nutourious at winning big road games this is a carbon copy of a game in which capers will have his team prepared and ready to not just play, but win........

sincerely

Easy E- The Texan

Okay here goes my my view
Qb-0 Carr ( For now he's better)
Rb- Mcgahee ( He beats Davis cuz He is a force up and coming while Davis will remain steady but willis numbers are going to skyrocket)

Wr- Bill ( Aj is great but no good number 2 so the bills have two legit wideouts plus Big fast strong reserves in Reed Aiken, WilsoN, and "Fast Freddie" Smith)

TE- Wash ( tatally well unless our 300 pound tight end might do some damage)

K- U guys Lindell is useless

Def- us

Heres how I hope it goes in a cliffhanger:

Texans - 24

Bills - 21

Whoever finds a way to run the ball the best will have the advantage, because neither teams passing attack is quite up to snuff. We find just enough of a passing game to get a TD out of it while Buff settles for the FG.

Evans Fan said:
Rb- Mcgahee ( He beats Davis cuz He is a force up and coming while Davis will remain steady but willis numbers are going to skyrocket)

Wr- Bill ( Aj is great but no good number 2 so the bills have two legit wideouts plus Big fast strong reserves in Reed Aiken, WilsoN, and "Fast Freddie" Smith)

So you know the future man? Mcgahee's numbers will skyrocket while davis's remain the same. Give me your crystal ball please, i have some things i could do with it. DD has been consistent and has improved every year, while Mcgahee has had one good season. He may be better in the future, who knows, but until then Davis has a notch on him. As far as the WRs, what good are your WRs if your QB isn't going to throw to them like Bledsoe did. stats from last year mean nothing. New QB, i guarantee your WR stats will go down from last year, atleast Bledsoe had experience and could throw the ball. From what i've heard from you, Mcgahee will run most of the time, so your receivers will not make a difference.

Evans Fan said:
Okay here goes my my view
Qb-0 Carr ( For now he's better)

TE- Wash ( tatally well unless our 300 pound tight end might do some damage)

K- U guys Lindell is useless

Def- us
Actually we have a #2 reciever on our team that caught more balls last season than the Bills #2.............his name is Domanick Davis....68 catches last year.

Sure i'm a Bill's fan, but i'm not trolling. I think Houston is a team getting better each year. And Capers is doing well getting these guys to believe in themselves, as evidenced by Texan upsets they pulled off last year.

But, and you knew this was coming..

The Bills have a tremendous defense and arguably the league's best Special Teams unit. (minus Rian Lindell).

While Buffalo will have a rookie QB starting (and that is a big advantage for Houston), Buffalo will also have Willis Mcgahee picking up where he left off last year. Both Moulds and Evans are home run threats every time they get the ball and Buffalo's TE's are actually part of the Buffalo offense (unlike Houston). Look for the TE down the field, especially when Houston is in a cover two defense.

David Carr will have his hands full on sunday against a very solid Bills front 7. If davis cannot run the ball for Houston, the game is over. Carr will get beat up if he cant sell the play action.

Andre Johnson is a fine WR but Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans.

Of course there are turnovers which Buffalo excells at. Houston turns the ball over more than twice in this game and they really havent much hope.

But,

Buffalo has to be wary themselves. Houston will be blitzing the kid from several different schemes on the defense and if Losman puts up a couple of gifts via the air, this could be disaster for Buffalo.

Personally, I dont think that much seperates these two teams. Both are young and up and coming. But the Bills gave away the opener last yr to Jax and that was the difference between Buffalo making the playoffs and sitting at home.

The place is sold out, like all games here, and the crowd will be pumped as usual.

It will be tough for Houston, but if they can manage to steal this one on the road in such a tough place as Buffalo, that could go a long way in building their confidence.

That's about it. I like the Bills 24-16 with a touchdown in the fourth quarter sealing a Bills victory!

Good luck to the Texans this season, just not this week!

Evans Fan said:

Who, who, and who?

jbinbny said:
Andre Johnson is a fine WR but Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans.

drebuftd.gif

So I guess they've seen this one too. Looks like Vincent and Malloy getting burned right there. Look its also London Fletcher missing the tackle too.

jbinbny said:
I said he was a fine receiver. So he caught a td pass against us.

Great!

You also said "Buffalo's secondary is fast and experienced. Not much they haven't seen so this could be a problem for the Texans."

Yes I did say that and it's very true. But this is the NFL! Teams will score on you no matter how good you are.

Are you a soccer fan or something wierd like that??

I'm telling you something that you should already know! :confused:

Hey Texans fans. Just stopping by to say hello and for some fun exchange of opinions. Nice site.

Well, thank God the season is close to underway. I do think this will be a good game. I have a lot of respect for DD and AJ. And I think Carr is going to have a breakout season. Houston is actually one of my sleepers to sneak into the playoffs in the AFC.

But I think the opener goes to Buffalo. It is no secret that the Bills are bitter about losing to Jacksonville last season, in week one, on the last play of the game. A game where they physically dominated the Jaguars.
And my prediction is that this will be a close game....say 13-6 going into the final quarter. But unlike last seasons opener, Buffalo will remain aggressive and finish strong by the score of 24-6.

But I welcome all of your predictions, as well as opinions.

GL Sunday,

Raj

Welcome to the board. Good to talk some football as well, we're dieing here for football to begin. Should be a good game. Of course i'm predicting a Texans win here, I always do. I say 16-10 Texans

ok, how's everyone today, well i may seem like a huge homer for already considering the texan's week 1 game a loss. But thus far what i've seen in preseason the bills will have the edge.

Let's start off with the Bills weakest point. The o.l Our offensive line has been suspect for many season's now. But at the end of last year it started to come together but with the relase (sp?) of Jonas Jenning's i think the Bill's lost something at LT... ALthough in preseason i've seen the bear's cast off mike gandy step it up and ill be honest he hasn't looked to bad... Another postion that was changed this year is LG Lawrence Smith is replaced by Bennie Anderson who in my opinion play's better then Lawrence but has a lot more penalty's.

RB willis mcgahee is a stud running back and he will continue to be for a long time to come... You guy's will soon see why he is soo hyped with his ability to do something out of nothing...

QB J.p. losman might be a second year man w. 5 passes in the nfl but as long as he can improve from the #24th quarterback in the NFL the bills have upgraded at that position...

Defense. #2 in the league for 2 years in a row. i bealive they had but don't quote me 33 turnover's lst year from a horrible 18 before. Nate clement's will be able to handle johnson after all he is a probowler and he alway's seems to come up with big plays at the right time... Lawyer Milloy, London Fletcher, Spikes aka TKO Nate Clements Sam Adams Troy Vincent.. all pro bowl players... And they will dominate this game

Special teams... last year bobby april made our special team #1 in the league. With Mcgee running the ball back (he had 4 run back's for TD's last year) the game could virtually be blown open by him. Also field postion.. it's a lot easier fighting a "downhill" battle when it comes to field postion and the bills can get it making it easier for our O to score..

Kicking game is suspecct and if this game is decided by a field goal... well we loose ... lol idc if it's at the 20 or 50 we loose ...

overall i predict a 24-10 game sorry if im such a homer i thought i'd just let you kno :yahoo:

TEXANS84 said:
I think that will be topped next week with the Steelers fan invasion.

Then that'll be topped by Hou v Jax. The ONLY down side to the regular season, although troll baiting can be fun.

The Patriots fans take the top prize for Smack-Talking Trolls. When they invaded it was sick. Guess they have a lot of experience with Yankees fans.

Whats up Texans fans! Just a shout out to a good gome this sunday that's injury free.

Bills 27
Texans 3

I dont see your point
Johnson- 1142yds 6TD's
Gaffney- 632yds 2TD's
Bradford- 399yds 3TD's
Domanick Davis 588yds 1TD's

Moulds- 1043yds 5 TD's
Evans- 843yds 9TD's
Reed- 153yds 0TD's
McGahee- 169yds 0 TD's :texflag: :texflag:

Back