Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that we went from wade Phillips innovating and the defensive line shifting just before the snap to confuse blocking schemes...

To man coverage again and again and again.

Then he surfaces in la with another great d?

Vic fangio pulled the same. Sucked with us. Now considered better then average?

Phillips was pretty good with the Broncos SB winning defense. Even though Elway/Kubiak's 1st choice was Joseph. Hey Kubes, Sometimes you get lucky. Phillips defense looked really good in the playoffs/SB this yr.

Kubes most outward flaw was his undying loyalty to his coaching staff

& now we have the same problem with BO'b & Devlin, & his OC. But it's only a problem if Kubiak does it?

If BO'b the HC won't fix those two problems he's holding the team back & needs to go. We got spanked in those two playoff whupp'ns, because our offense had no clue.

No amount of talent is going to fix that.

& now we have the same problem with BO'b & Devlin, & his OC. But it's only a problem if Kubiak does it?

If BO'b the HC won't fix those two problems he's holding the team back & needs to go. We got spanked in those two playoff whupp'ns, because our offense had no clue.

Woah. I never gave OB amnesty. Just said he wouldn't be fired after last years record. I see the same things you mention.

It's yr 2 of the new regime and your not even willing to give them a chance. They are going to add talent to the offense this offseason and if they dont finish with the all time franchise record in points scored they will fire Devlin.

Let Gaine have a full offseason before passing judgement if that's possible in whatever universe you watch Texans football in.

One of your problems is that your unwilling to admit that I called the signing backup OL plan was going to be a failure and you were on the side of lets give them time. In order to not have to admit in your mind that you were wrong, it's so much easier for you to be simplistic and blame everything on BOB. If that's what it take to help your mental health then I'm on board with your justifying things the way you see them. Or you could do a very simple thing,

ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG and move on.

I've admitted I've been wrong on several occasions. You struggle with this and it's a very natural human reaction.

Last edited:
After many yrs of failure on the defensive side of the ball Wade was forced on Kubes.

Rumor stated as fact once again...and in contradiction to statements of those involved, and common sense.

Frank Bush lasted 2 whole years. The 1st was dramatically better so of course he got a 2nd year. 2nd season fell and he was gone.

Kubiak wasn't ignoring Wade. Wade was a friggin HC. He became available after Bush's bad 2nd season. Kubiak & Wade had spent 3 years together in Denver.

Not aa whiff of forced. Link

It's yr 2 of the new regime and your not even willing to give them a chance. They are going to add talent to the offense this offseason and if they dont finish with the all time franchise record in points scored they will fire Devlin.

Let Gaine have a full offseason before passing judgement if that's possible in whatever universe you watch Texans football in.

You can't see the problem is poor talent & poor coaching?

It's like we have a problem on the OL & in the secondary.

There's no reason we can't try to fix both.

You know Devlin is a problem. Just like you knew Rankin is a Guard in the NFL. How long is it going to take BO'b to figure out what you already know?

Rumor stated as fact once again...and in contradiction to statements of those involved, and common sense.

Frank Bush lasted 2 whole years. The 1st was dramatically better so of course he got a 2nd year. 2nd season fell and he was gone.

Kubiak wasn't ignoring Wade. Wade was a friggin HC. He became available after Bush's bad 2nd season. Kubiak & Wade had spent 3 years together in Denver.

Not aa whiff of forced. Link

Joseph was Elway/Kubes 1st choice as DC and the Bengals denied Elway permission to interview him. We've been thru this before in other threads. Google it.

Not a whiff of forced. Link

"Forced" might be the wrong word. Perhaps "encouraged?"

The link you offer is a fluff piece though. I don't expect them to say "we got a new DC because he was forced on me." Dont think we'll ever see a Hc say that.

Nope, 1st interview. You make up that it means 1st choice.

People usually dont interview people that have coached under them without the intent of hiring them. I found it very curious that VJ became the HC after Kubes left. You probably dont see any coincidence in that at all.

"Forced" might be the wrong word. Perhaps "encouraged?"

The link you offer is a fluff piece though. I don't expect them to say "we got a new DC because he was forced on me." Dont think we'll ever see a Hc say that.

The point was the conversations/meetings related. McNair didn't meet Wade and take him to Kubiak. Kubiak & Wade met, strategized and went to McNair.

And bigger point, Kubiak & Wade knew each other. While they were in Denver together the D was 1st & 3rd and they went to the SB. Their ties were far tighter than McNair & Bum.

People usually dont interview people that have coached under them without the intent of hiring them.

Now you're just being silly. Happens literally all the time.

I found it very curious that VJ became the HC after Kubes left. You probably dont see any coincidence in that at all.

So now the departed Kubiak controls Elway too.

Or maybe Wade, who both coached Elway and brought Joseph to Houston, gave a good word.

The point was the conversations/meetings related. McNair didn't meet Wade and take him to Kubiak. Kubiak & Wade met, strategized and went to McNair.

And bigger point, Kubiak & Wade knew each other. While they were in Denver together the D was 1st & 3rd and they went to the SB. Their ties were far tighter than McNair & Bum.

Now you're just being silly. Happens literally all the time.

So now the departed Kubiak controls Elway too.

Or maybe Wade, who both coached Elway and brought Joseph to Houston, gave a good word.

Or maybe these are just your opinions.

We've already talked about this in other threads and see my replies there.

Tired of the Rihanna routine.

One of your problems is that your unwilling to admit that I called the signing backup OL plan was going to be a failure and you were on the side of lets give them time.

You got me mixed up with someone else. I was on my haitus during that period & said nothing about nothing.

I tuned in week one & saw BO'b shtcan another offseason in week one by playing musical chairs with his offensive line.

My problem is that you don't understand a word I am saying. I have no problem with BG, but you're saying I won't give him a chance.

My problem is you keep talking about a new regime. I see a retooled regime. I never had a problem with the talent acquisition of this team (yeah, we disagree there). Rick got talent our coaches got production until BO'b came along.

& it's hard for you to see, but I don't give a sht who the HC is as long as we're "on track" to go somewhere. Kubiak is gone, good riddance we needed a change. BO'b is here, thank God... but lack of talent was only part of the issue last season, the season before that, the season before that...

Maybe we got the talent acquisition issue fixed. But there's a two ton gorilla sitting in the middle of the room with a buttchin.

We're stuck with him. It is what it is. I'm anxiously watching this team move forward.

But don't tell me BO'b overachieved.

I like to think of myself as an optimist & I've tried to be. Last two years it ain't been easy.

Yep not sure why acceptance O'Brien is going to be the coach of the Texans means that there is agreement that he should be the coach.

Got no problem saying it's going to rain if it's going to rain. If you're telling me BO'b did the best that could have been done with the talent he was given... because it's too hard to implement a quick slant in your highly complex "multiple" offense... I'm going to call BS.

You got me mixed up with someone else. I was on my haitus during that period & said nothing about nothing.

I tuned in week one & saw BO'b shtcan another offseason in week one by playing musical chairs with his offensive line.

My problem is that you don't understand a word I am saying. I have no problem with BG, but you're saying I won't give him a chance.

My problem is you keep talking about a new regime. I see a retooled regime. I never had a problem with the talent acquisition of this team (yeah, we disagree there). Rick got talent our coaches got production until BO'b came along.

& it's hard for you to see, but I don't give a sht who the HC is as long as we're "on track" to go somewhere. Kubiak is gone, good riddance we needed a change. BO'b is here, thank God... but lack of talent was only part of the issue last season, the season before that, the season before that...

Maybe we got the talent acquisition issue fixed. But there's a two ton gorilla sitting in the middle of the room with a buttchin.

We're stuck with him. It is what it is. I'm anxiously watching this team move forward.

But don't tell me BO'b overachieved.

I like to think of myself as an optimist & I've tried to be. Last two years it ain't been easy.

Oh, I fully understand where you're coming from.

We just disagree and I will remain on my theory that this is a 3 yr rebuilding plan and yr one went much better than I expected.

Fortunately Cal agrees with me. If they go cheap this offseason then that will be on upper mgmt and not much will have changed from Dad to Son.

And now we are the delusional telepath.

Do you really think Cal is going to fire BOB or do you think he's going to give him a couple of more yrs to work with Gaine to rebuild this team? Which is more likely? I know your just being argumentative because you're not that stupid.

I'm done here.

I'd love to visit your reality sometime. Are you on prescribed meds, self medicating, or a little bit of both?

Nope, I'm more of a natural kinda guy.

Read my post to Cak, As much as you would like it, BOB is going to be here awhile and as all AA'ers say Acceptance is the 1st step to recovery. Bunch of quitters.

Do you really think Cal is going to fire BOB or do you think he's going to give him a couple of more yrs to work with Gaine to rebuild this team?

Just because BO'b hasn't been fired does not mean Cal believes this is year two of a three year rebuild.

For all we know Cal probably thinks last season was year two of a five year project, i.e. he may not be expecting results for another three seasons.

Got no problem saying it's going to rain if it's going to rain. If you're telling me BO'b did the best that could have been done with the talent he was given... because it's too hard to implement a quick slant in your highly complex "multiple" offense... I'm going to call BS.

I thought the 2018 Texans were a 7-9 to 9-7 football team no matter the health and schedule. Below average OL and lacking in depth, so that weak 11-5 did exceed what I perceived as the talent (we may differ here). I thought any real playoff advancement would come from being more lucky than good. In the big picture of wins-losses BOB did his job. In the more focused picture, did the team fail because of the some the same weakness that O'Brein has as a coach, lot's of the same **** different toilet. For my personal taste, not interested in keep pointing to the **** and saying **** smells when I know what the problems are.

Just because BO'b hasn't been fired does not mean Cal believes this is year two of a three year rebuild.

For all we know Cal probably thinks last season was year two of a five year project, i.e. he may not be expecting results for another three seasons.

Truth is we dont know sh!t

Truth also is BOB's not going anywhere soon unless the team finishes 4-12.

Do you really think Cal is going to fire BOB or do you think he's going to give him a couple of more yrs to work with Gaine to rebuild this team? Which is more likely? I know your just being argumentative because you're not that stupid.

I'm done here.

I'm under no delusion OB is getting the heave absent a catastrophic season. Doesn't make him off limits for discussion.

I'm under no delusion OB is getting the heave absent a catastrophic season. Doesn't make him off limits for discussion.

Doesn't make him off limits, true.

But since he's not going anywhere what's the point.

This thread turned into a BOB b!tchfest long ago, but you've done a good job keeping this thread up and running. Since we both know very well where each other stand not only on BOB but Kubiak and the Texans org in general what is there left to discuss?

Aim to finish the final GOT season. Shouldn't be to much to ask for. Besides, it's way more likely then waiting for a Texans sb.

Has it been written yet? sb or qb? I think we finally have a QB... S owl may be a minute

Then why does he keep going back to the same crappy offensive scheme?

Three phases to football. Offense is only 1. I your mind it's 1 crappy one, perhaps in his is scheme is fine if everyone (including coaches) could do their job better.

Three phases to football. Offense is only 1. I your mind it's 1 crappy one, perhaps in his is scheme is fine if everyone (including coaches) could do their job better.

That's right, he thinks he's doing his job well but everyone else is screwing up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back