Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes people just need a refresher.

Sometimes people just need a refresher

I'd like to make a witty rejoinder, but am getting a bit drumk. I'll re-visit tomorrow

I'd like to make a witty rejoinder, but am getting a bit drumk. I'll re-visit tomorrow

Twice sure, 3 times lucky?

Not @Lucky, it's open for all

Ok but he also says he needs to coach better. What about his coaching has changed in 5 years?

Nothing other than needing to coach better. Just like Kubiak gave us for 6+ years and Capers for 4

I need to be a better poster. Just execute and focus on one word at a time.

Nah, just change your avatar to a hot pic of Kelly

446RdKKy3e5l.jpg

Newest Texans receiver great at motivating the crowd and catching every ball. Keeps the sticks moving.

Handles the deep ball well. Injury history is clean and handles a heavy work LOAD. Loves the game and will layout for the ball.

Great in the slot.

Last edited:
He really does think that. He vowed to “fix everything” this offseason. I think it’s hilarious that he thinks anyone actually believes anything he says. No, I take that back, it’s pretry sad that he truly believes his own bullsh*t. Schizophrenic bastard...

Care to give me a link where he said he would fix everything in one offseason. He may have said something like I will try to fix everything this offseason.You can only do so much with the resources you have to work with. Last yr those resources were seriously depleted.

Nothing other than needing to coach better. Just like Kubiak gave us for 6+ years and Capers for 4

Kubiak was a pretty good coach. So was Capers. Easy to see. They weren't very good HCs & that was their problem here.

Hopefully we can't see that BO'b is actually a good HC because of his problem of not having someone he trusts to run the offense. Hopefully he's got that fixed & our TE coach gets the job done.

Not replacing Devlin though... hopefully that means the bigger problem is communication between the QB & OL... or maybe talent. But it's obvious he doesn't believe it's a coaching issue.

Starting from today, who do you think wins a division playoff game first? Texans, Bills, or Bears?

Because he has stinky crap like a bunch of backup OL to protect his franchise QB. Hopefully that changes this offseason. What we are really disagreeing on is, are the Texans in the middle of a rebuild?

He wanted these players Steel. Why can't you grasp that. So coach them up and stop moving them all over the line.

Because he has stinky crap like a bunch of backup OL to protect his franchise QB. Hopefully that changes this offseason. What we are really disagreeing on is, are the Texans in the middle of a rebuild?

So because he has bad players then he has to implement a bad system?

Depends on if you think the system is bad. They did score the 2nd most points in franchise history. Hopefully the OL gets fixed and we will see.

It's a terrible system. They were 20th in tds scored and even worse in the redzone. They scored more points because offense inflation, defensive scores plus field position, and overtime

I could have sworn he said he coaches the players given to him? There's an interview out there somewhere. The tell will be how many of the guys drafted by Gaine will replace guys on the that the former GM brought in.

I see you only use the part of the conversation that fits your agenda. He also said it was a collective decision between all parties . And if they can't come to an agreement then they would go to the man ( the late Bob McNair RIP).

I see you only use the part of the conversation that fits your agenda. He also said it was a collective decision between all parties . And if they can't come to an agreement then they would go to the man ( the late Bob McNair RIP).

OBrien likes to pass the buck. It's either ricks fault, or not his job, or he thinks time management is bs, or he has to throw some player in the doghouse and fire some assistants

This is going nowhere.

What came out of his mouth is what I believe to be the truth.

Everything he said before that was corporate speak.

"Forced" might be the wrong word. Perhaps "encouraged?"

The link you offer is a fluff piece though. I don't expect them to say "we got a new DC because he was forced on me." Dont think we'll ever see a Hc say that.

Exactly & the word "encouraged" is probably putting it too lightly.

Kubiak was indirectly forced due to the failure he'd experienced the 4-5 years prior with his handpicked guys in Smith & Bush and his overall team failings in getting us to the playoffs.

McNair probably made the "suggestion" to Kubiak about bringing in Wade with that Samuel L. Jackson "I dare you" look on his face..

When you're giving up ridiculous scores on STs, because you aren't even covering a whole side of the field.. that's coaching.

Then throw in all the dumbass Challenges and crappy clock management. (As well as playoff record). He's not been a very good coach up to this point.
Special teams was an area of strength most of last season. It had been piss poor for most of the teams existence but pointing to special teams hardly paints an ugly picture of our team as a whole. Our team has a few holes to patch up and our coaches as a whole can do better. The issues on our team have more to do with the coaching than they do the talent. What got us an 11-5 record last season was the fact that we are a fairly talented team. Yes there are some key areas that need to be fixed. You could say that about some other playoff teams. I wish we were more active in free agency but it appears Texans brass does not see the need. Perhaps they are right. Anyway if you had spoke of our teams special teams from before last season I could relate but last season our team improved quite a bit.

Last edited:
Gauging How Hot Every NFL Coach's Seat Is Heading into the Draft

Scorching hot: Something needs to change quickly.

1. Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans

O'Brien is a mere 42-38 with just one playoff win in five seasons in Houston, and he's running out of excuses. Unlike in 2014, 2015 and 2016, he's got an excellent quarterback to work with. And unlike in 2017, his team wasn't ravaged by injuries in 2018. But it still essentially no-showed in a home playoff loss to the Indianapolis Colts.

That probably can't happen again. It's time for the Texans to make a run in the wide-open AFC or find a new head coach to work with Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins and that talented young defense.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-coachs-seat-is-heading-into-the-draft#slide0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back