Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would agree that they appeared that way at times, but I think 11-5 was overachieving considering the o-line, depleted receiving corps, and issues at CB. How much of the appearance of being outshemed was coaching and how much of it was the lack of talent at key positions that could not be covered up.

You do know we had a lot of lucky breaks during that 9 game winning streak. Talk about a lot of ugly football. But hey a win is a win.

Every team in the NFL is loaded with talent. These gents are in the NFL for a reason big Texas.

So let's give each HC 7 years to show he can actually coach? At this rate, I'll be watching the Texans Super Bowl victory from a cloud while grooming the feathers on my wings.

Y'all are way the hell more patient than I am. After 3-4 years...or at very most 5 years, if your HC is ****, you replace him.

BOB is ****, ergo he should be replaced.

It's not 7 yrs.

It's yr 2. It appears the incompetence has ended. This draft/FA period will be very telling if times are truly changing and if Cal is more like his dad than we would like to admit.

You do know we had a lot of lucky breaks during that 9 game winning streak. Talk about a lot of ugly football. But hey a win is a win.

Every team in the NFL is loaded with talent. These gents are in the NFL for a reason big Texas.

Were they unlucky when Elliot made that FG or when the defense allowed the Eagles to drive down the field.

Last edited:
So let's give each HC 7 years to show he can actually coach? At this rate, I'll be watching the Texans Super Bowl victory from a cloud while grooming the feathers on my wings.

Y'all are way the hell more patient than I am. After 3-4 years...or at very most 5 years, if your HC is ****, you replace him.

BOB is ****, ergo he should be replaced.
Porky, there is no way we will ever see another head coach if we win despite key injuries. Some of the other coaches on our team will be long gone before BOB is shown the exit and do not return door. I give BOB this season to rectify things and injuries or no injuries I expect to see us advance at least one playoff game.

I would agree that they appeared that way at times, but I think 11-5 was overachieving considering the o-line, depleted receiving corps, and issues at CB. How much of the appearance of being outshemed was coaching and how much of it was the lack of talent at key positions that could not be covered up.

When you're giving up ridiculous scores on STs, because you aren't even covering a whole side of the field.. that's coaching.

Then throw in all the dumbass Challenges and crappy clock management. (As well as playoff record). He's not been a very good coach up to this point.

Last edited:
I still think OB is the wrong man for the job....

I felt this way before last season.

The 9 win streak made me believe he sold his soul to make that happen.

I find the showing against the Colts in the playoff inexcusable and erased ALL doubt in my mind that OB will not get us there.....

But I'm in no position to change anything....so what the hell. I guess I'll give OB another season to try and make me eat crow....... I dont see it happening, but if I'm honest... I'm not ready to give up the butthole chin jokes.

When it comes to the NFL I'd rather my Texans be legitimate threats in the playoffs, but until they are all I have are the Cowboys failures, Titans failures and the buttchin jokes to ease the pain.

I'd happily eat crow though.

I still think OB is the wrong man for the job....

I felt this way before last season.

The 9 win streak made me believe he sold his soul to make that happen.

I find the showing against the Colts in the playoff inexcusable and erased ALL doubt in my mind that OB will not get us there.....

But I'm in no position to change anything....so what the hell. I guess I'll give OB another season to try and make me eat crow....... I dont see it happening, but if I'm honest... I'm not ready to give up the butthole chin jokes.

When it comes to the NFL I'd rather my Texans be legitimate threats in the playoffs, but until they are all I have are the Cowboys failures, Titans failures and the buttchin jokes to ease the pain.

I'd happily eat crow though.

I too would gladly eat some crow, but I don't believe for a second that OB is going to take us to the promised land.

I too would gladly eat some crow, but I don't believe for a second that OB is going to take us to the promised land.
Agreed, but I cant fire him so it's all I got.... mock the Cowboys, mock the Titans and mock the chin.....one is a butthole, one is what comes out of it and the other is only good for cleaning up the mess. It's how I survive the pain of the typical season since I quit drinking when I became a nonsmoker.

When you're giving up ridiculous scores on STs, because you aren't even covering a whole of the field.. that's coaching.

Then throw in all the dumbass Challenges and crappy clock management. (As well as playoff record). He's not been a very good coach up to this point.

Somethings can be deceiving for sure. I'm glad we went 11-5. But when it was money time, we showed our true real colors.

Agreed, but I cant fire him so it's all I got.... mock the Cowboys, mock the Titans and mock the chin.....one is a butthole, one is what comes out of it and the other is only good for cleaning up the mess. It's how I survive the pain of the typical season since I quit drinking when I became a nonsmoker.

Yup. OB is here and we all get him 1 more season. Cant fix that. If you (in general) think ob is average I get it. I think Watson can be damn good - i think rac can throw together 1 more good season - i think gaine might have some magic up his sleeve.

Maybe collectively , they can get past ob being mediocre?

^^^THIS^^^^ and combine this with the butt raping the Chiefs gave us AT HOME in the WC game and 'ol OB has a lot to get right. I think he's got some things right, like the team would run through a wall for him, right. But I don't see him taking this team any further than the AFCS champs and the occasional WC win.

When you're giving up ridiculous scores on STs, because you aren't even covering a whole side of the field.. that's coaching.

1 bad play that cost the Tacks game and not replaying the Gronk catch. The time mgmt wasn't as big a problem last yr. That all you got?

BOB did a good job with the talent he had to work with last yr, whether you want to admit that or not.

Ranked by whom?

11-5 last year but many of the same coaches were here the year before.

Folks around the country (a) see that Watson has carried the team for the wins the last 2 seasons, not scheme & (b) don't view the Texans as devoid of talent like the excuse makers for OB.

Ain't happening this year & no way to know for next. With Watson I'd definitely want an offense background.

1st place I'd look is WCO OCs. Really think the rollouts and ZBS would benefit Watson.

Of course you would,

Might as well bring Kubiak's mediocre a** back.

That's what you really want, come on out and say it. Remind me again what Kubiak's record was here?

What was the point

You love the ZBS and anybody affiliated with it?

That the boots suit Watson better than a coach & system that likes statues. That ZBS with its movement and disguised plays suits Watson and option plays. Your boy OB knows it even if he doesn't like it, which is why he's put some back in albeit half assed.

1 bad play that cost the Tacks game and not replaying the Gronk catch. The time mgmt wasn't as big a problem last yr. That all you got?

BOB did a good job with the talent he had to work with last yr, whether you want to admit that or not.

Is all you got is asking me that?

You literally didn't offer any rebuttal in your argument besides.. "BOB did a good job with the talent he had to work with last yr, whether you want to admit that or not". Well that's your opinion. It's my opinion that he did a piss poor job, so we're still where we started.

That the boots suit Watson better than a coach & system that likes statues. That ZBS with its movement and disguised plays suits Watson and option plays. Your boy OB knows it even if he doesn't like it, which is why he's put some back in albeit half assed.

While I agree with you, how many boots has Watson run? Not many at Clemson and not as many as you would like here. I just remember the ZBS had RZ issues when Kubiak was here and that was with AJ/Foster/OD etc... and they didn't score as many points as last yrs team did.

Is all you got is asking me that?

You literally didn't offer any rebuttal in your argument besides.. "BOB did a good job with the talent he had to work with last yr, whether you want to admit that or not". Well that's your opinion. It's my opinion that he did a piss poor job, so we're still where we started.

Go position by position and tell me about the talent level on this team.

Then factor in that they had the 2nd most productive season in franchise history with that lack of talent, plus won 9 games in a row and made the playoffs. I would hardly call that a piss poor coaching job. If you do then you had unrealistic expectations. IMHO This makes my wonder why you have these unrealistic expectations.

If you truly believe an OL like the Texans OL was last yr could be a SB winning OL with a rookie QB then we're never going to agree.

Would you agree that they are in the middle of a 3 yr rebuild?

Last edited:
Watson covered up a lot of sins - both personnel side and especially coaching side. If OB would get his chin out of his ass and use his chess pieces effectively by maximizing what they do best, he'd be a lot better off.

Instead we get a lot of round pegs being forced into square holes. It's like he went through some sort of memory erasure when he left NE.

BB is infamous for maxing out guy's talents by finding what they do best, even if it's one thing, and then using that talent to it's best effect. Prime example of this was Cordelle Patterson who is apparently as dumb as a post but has lots of physical talents. Hell, by the end of the year, he had Patterson in the backfield as a quasi running back just to try and get him the ball and let his natural athleticism take over.

Do you think BB would take Lamar Miller and try to plow him off tackle all game long like he is Jerome Bettis? That isn't Miller's forte. His game is speed/space, and for his entire time here, BOB can't seem to figure that out. What the hell is it that makes you OB ass kissers think this guy is suddenly going to become a good HC?

I say this all the time! I’m not Kubiak fanboy or nothing like that, but the man could scheme his receivers and Tight Ends wide open. Matt Schaub’s playaction/roll outs were nasty! (In a positive way) Now, imagine what he could do with an actual elusive, dual threat quarterback like Watson. Lord have mercy!
I will say that I am a fanboy of Kubiak as an OC, not necessarily a HC. Look what he did as the OC for the Ravens for 1 year - and with Joe Flacco. Kubiak's offense is light years ahead of BOB's.

I say this all the time! I’m not Kubiak fanboy or nothing like that, but the man could scheme his receivers and Tight Ends wide open. Matt Schaub’s playaction/roll outs were nasty! (In a positive way) Now, imagine what he could do with an actual elusive, dual threat quarterback like Watson. Lord have mercy!

I will say that I am a fanboy of Kubiak as an OC, not necessarily a HC. Look what he did as the OC for the Ravens for 1 year - and with Joe Flacco. Kubiak's offense is light years ahead of BOB's.

I get so tired of the coulda, shoulda, woulda, but didn't. Kubiak and RS had their chances and didn't. Let it go

Kubs and co. Never got blown out in round 1 playoff games either. Those teams were held back by Schaub. He was a severely limited QB that Gary got the most out of. That’s why he went to Denver and won a super bowl. He finally got a legit QB.

I do not want him back but I do want a similar offense. I wish we would have hired baby shanny

Kubs and co. Never got blown out in round 1 playoff games either. Those teams were held back by Schaub. He was a severely limited QB that Gary got the most out of. That’s why he went to Denver and won a super bowl. He finally got a legit QB.

I do not want him back but I do want a similar offense. I wish we would have hired baby shanny

Not a dump on Kubiak, but...

1. He made the playoffs twice in 8 years so small sample size
2. The only team he played in the first round was the Bengals
3. The Bengals were 0-6 in first round games between 2009-2015

There were a lot of things Kubes was better at than OB. His playoff record is not a good example of one.

There were a lot of things Kubes was better at than OB. His playoff record is not a good example of one.

His offense is a good example of one.

WRONG! We beat the Bengals in both Wild Card appearances. We went on to the divisional round both times, lost to the Ravens the first time, then to the Patriots the second time around.

WRONG! We beat the Bengals in both Wild Card appearances. We went on to the divisional round both times, lost to the Ravens the first time, then to the Patriots the second time around.

Kubes most outward flaw was his undying loyalty to his coaching staff.

Stack him with a legit DC and a healthy qb and he had a chance to do damage.

That time passed - though I would've loved to get baby shan here in any capacity.

That is for the 2017 season. It says nothing about what this coaching staff did in the 2018 season. You really are cherry picking your data.
I'm just citing the Bleacher Report ranking. Somebody asked why the Texans staff was rated so low, so I offered my speculation.

There is a lot of hate for O'Brien. I am not to the point of writing him off. I am with you in giving him and Gaine another two years to see what they can do. If they team implodes this year, then I am all for replacing him.

This is what's going to happen whether we "give" him a chance or not.

I'll be rooting for BO'b until he is no longer the Texans coach, but I'll be rooting for him to get his head out of his as.

I hope beyond hope we've found the GM to take us to the next level. But I think we're spinning our wheels & going nowhere with BO'b calling the shots.

If BO'b won 11 games last season, an average coach would have won 14. If BO'b got his as handed to him in a home playoff game an average coach would have given us a chance in the 4th qtr.

Likewise, if BO'b advances to the divisional round next season an average coach would have us in the Super Bowl.

I might have had hope if BO'b would have brought in an OC that knows how to implement a system, how to teach it, how to make it work. But he didn't. 5 years watching him bumbled his way through a season & now he's going to teach someone how to do what he couldn't.

Because that kind of sht happens all the time in the NFL.

Of course you would,

Might as well bring Kubiak's mediocre a** back.

That's what you really want, come on out and say it. Remind me again what Kubiak's record was here?

Oddly, I'm disagreeing with you because I agree with you.

Kubes was solid - give him a legit QB, legit special teams, a legit d and he was rolling.

Rick Smith f#@%*÷ him a lot.

Oddly, I'm disagreeing with you because I agree with you.

Kubes was solid - give him a legit QB, legit special teams, a legit d and he was rolling.

Rick Smith f#@%*÷ him a lot.

Kubes handpicked his QB

After many yrs of failure on the defensive side of the ball Wade was forced on Kubes.

ST's, Marciano must've had pics of the McNairs at a donkey show.

You know my thoughts on the former GM.

Kubes handpicked his QB

After many yrs of failure on the defensive side of the ball Wade was forced on Kubes.

ST's, Marciano must've had pics of the McNairs at a donkey show.

You know my thoughts on the former GM.

I do know your thoughts on ricky and agree fully.

As I said elsewhere, one of kubes biggest faults is/was his loyalty to underperforming coaches.

His qb got hurt.

After many yrs of failure on the defensive side of the ball Wade was forced on kubes.

Funny that we went from wade Phillips innovating and the defensive line shifting just before the snap to confuse blocking schemes...

To man coverage again and again and again.

Then he surfaces in la with another great d?

Vic fangio pulled the same. Sucked with us. Now considered better then average?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back