Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who’s the Nazi.?

I try to take it to the proper thread so you can show up for this?

Please let me respect you for your own words,

What is it that you’re responding to?
The subject at hand, or a personal attack?

I just asked a question, have no idea what you're going on about here. You said and I quote "I think I'll let this sit awhile" and then in 19 minutes made 3 more comments in this thread. So awhile has a different meaning to you

So i said O’Brien has shortfalls as a HC.

Please respond to those instead of saying “he kept going on and on”.

Thank you

OB has major shortfalls, I haven't seen anyone argue that... I questioned your mention of "awhile". Did you not mean to post that?

That's what I did by asking for your meaning of "awhile" and you took umbrage of that
Rest for awhile, means to let the other side having time to prepare for the different opinion.

Meaning, I’m open to hear it.

But, as in friendly argument, I may “forget” a point, so I would state it so that the “other side” can have a fuller argument of mine.

That is, I think it’s good to have an open argument, which I’ve been enjoying with MrTex.

We have different opinions, but we respect the different train of thoughts.

I could say things plainly, (and I do often), but at times, I think it’s better to be civilized to each other.
Using certain “proper” terms means that you respect the other person, no matter the difference in opinion.

Cheers,

So, MrTex, let’s start the argument over Keenum vs. O’Brien.

I'm going back to Keenum's first year.

Did he, or did he not leap frog TJ Yates; he who had won a playoff games for the Texans (Kubiak)?

He who college team copy Kubiak's WCO to a T?

While Keenum was in an Air Raid system at UH?

When Kubiak chose to let Keenum start against the Chiefs, what did it mean to you?
Even when he was innactive for games up to that point.

What kind of reps do you think he had?

So, right there, I already knew that there was a HC who thought of Keenum better than a third string QB, early on.

What do you think?

Did he, or did he not leap frog TJ Yates; he who had won a playoff games for the Texans (Kubiak)?

When Kubiak chose to let Keenum start against the Chiefs, what did it mean to you?

So, right there, I already knew that there was a HC who thought of Keenum better than a third string QB, early on.

What do you think?
Keenum starting against the Chiefs meant a lot. Brilliant move. Took one hell of a coach to make that decision. Prior four game stretch for Schaub he set an nfl record throwing six pick six’s. Yates replaced him next game and promptly threw a pick six, finishing the game with 98 passing yards, two interceptions and no TD’s.

Keenum starting against the Chiefs meant a lot. Brilliant move. Took one hell of a coach to make that decision. Prior four game stretch for Schaub he set an nfl record throwing six pick six’s. Yates replaced him next game and promptly threw a pick six, finishing the game with 98 passing yards, two interceptions and no TD’s.
So, under Kubiak's eyes, Keenum was already better than a third string QB, wouldn't you say?

What do you think?

Kubiak starting Keenum personally meant something to me....... but mostly b/c I'm a Coog & I'd watched Keenum for years at UH. But as a move for the Texans? It was a move of desperation by Kubiak imo. He had do something. Schaub had imploded, Yates hadn't shown much of anything. Anyway, Keenum was just a last ditch effort to try to save face for having stuck with Schaub too long & to try to rescue a season that was already pretty much gone. Plus he had the home crowd clamoring for him to start..................purely b/c he had a following here from his UH days.

I don't necessarily think that Kubiak thought anything more of him than a 3rd string qb prior to the KC start....b/c he was in fact 3rd on the qb depth chart. It was only through circumstance where he had to rely on him & give him the nod that he went with Keenum. If TJ comes in against STL and plays just a little better, Keenum likely doesn't get the nod. That's the truth.

Sorry, I don’t get the point.

Did Kubiak have Yates?
Did Kubiak have Schaub?
Yates sucked and Schaub literally was booed out of Houston. That’s my point. A team that was “supposed” to go to the SB the year before cratered showing the fallacies of their system. Teams are supposed to stay in that SB window more than a year. Kubiak literally could never start Schaub in Houston again. So no, he didn’t have Schaub. Forget Yates. Last man up.

Did Kubiak have Yates?
Did Kubiak have Schaub?
Yates sucked and Schaub literally was booed out of Houston. That’s my point. A team that was “supposed” to go to the SB the year before cratered showing the fallacies of their system. Teams are supposed to stay in that SB window more than a year. Kubiak literally could never start Schaub in Houston again. So no, he didn’t have Schaub. Forget Yates. Last man up.

Case Keenum’s overall record 27-29, including 1-1 in the playoffs,
Bill O’Brien 43-41, including 1-3 in the playoffs.

Yeah, a worthy HC vs a 3rd string QB

Case Keenum’s overall record 27-29, including 1-1 in the playoffs,
Bill O’Brien 43-41, including 1-3 in the playoffs.

Yeah, a worthy HC vs a 3rd string QB
thank you, so Keenum was already better than Yates, what you said.

What do you think?

And pray tell me how the Texans obtained Mallett?

And how the Texans were able to trade Keenum?

And how the Texans were able to trade Keenum?

Did AJ say good things about Yates as he did about Keenum?

So, under Kubiak's eyes, Keenum was already better than a third string QB, wouldn't you say?

I mean, even as Keenum had never played in a game, up to that point.

I mean, we know Kubiak is very loyal to his players.
And Yates had done some good thing the year prior.

Keenum, coming from an Air Raid system vs. Yates who had said his college team copied Kubiak's WCO to a T.

I mean, even as the losses piled up.

And did you know that the Rams cut the loss with Foles, while tendering Keenum a first round?

Kubiak wanted Keenum when he was with the Broncos, but he can't fight Elway at that price.

Why didn't the Rams tender Keenum at the second round level?
Third round?

Heck, did you ever heard of a backup QB being tendered at the first round level?

Explain to me why the Rams gave Keenum a first round tender.

After a 3-2 year.

Heck, a backup QB is a dime and dozen.

Did Kubiak have Yates?
Did Kubiak have Schaub?
Dude, we get it

There's a difference between being unable to develop a player and said player just not being good enough to play on this level. Fans like to use these terms interchangeably postulating that b/c a guy didn't work out, Its on the coach No, not necessarily. Sometimes guys just don't work out b/c they can't play & its noone's fault really.

I think most of us understands that. We're all waiting for the first guy to "develop" under O'Brien so we can say, "see, it's not the coach."

But the longer it takes for that guy to show up...

:thinking:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back