Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

FIRE O'BRIEN NOW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they did because there is almost a zero chance an O'Brien offense can score 21 points in a playoff game, much less a half.

But that really isn't a big lead usually. With Andrew Luck doesnt make much sense to take the foot off the gas with only a 3 score lead and facing Deshaun Watson.

I actually agree with this, with history and Texan injuries on their side it was a fairly safe bet for them.

No team will take their foots off the gas after a quarter and half. Come on dude. There are too many examples of historical comebacks when teams decides to take their foot off the gas. Especially in the playoffs against a divisional foe lol.

With a offense that was basically Watson and Nuk there wasn't going to be a historical comeback. Colts knew that.

Texans had no interceptions in the second half and no sacks in the whole game, but sure they held and the Colts were going all out through the whole game. You go with that theory.

All because we didn't have a pick or sack doesn't mean they didn't do other things. Like get pressure, played tighter coverage and a force a few 3 and out. The Colts couldn't even sustain a drive after they scored their 3rd touchdown. That wasn't because of them saying, "hey we can let up and take our foot off of the Texans neck.

All because we didn't have a pick or sack doesn't mean they didn't do other things. Like get pressure, played tighter coverage and a force a few 3 and out. The Colts couldn't even sustain a drive after they scored their 3rd touchdown. That wasn't because of them saying, "hey we can let up and take our foot off of the Texans neck.
That doesn't mean the Colts weren't ok with 3 & outs with the score as it was and the Texans showing no signs of life. The Texans forced some 3 & outs simply due to the Colt's not caring if the Texans got the ball back. They damed sure weren't going to move it, Question me? Re-watch the game.

That doesn't mean the Colts weren't ok with 3 & outs with the score as it was and the Texans showing no signs of life. The Texans forced some 3 & outs simply due to the Colt's not caring if the Texans got the ball back. They damed sure weren't going to move it, Question me? Re-watch the game.

Highly doubt that.

OK. Re-watch the game. The Texans were absolutely dominated. You can have your opinion of what happened, but you cannot deny total domination.

I've watched the game several times and after the third Td the Colts didn't dominate our defense like that. We tightened up but unfortunately our offense just couldn't get skit going. Add in the fact that Bill elected to not take the field goals in the 1st half.

Rebuild question: If the rebuild started with Gaine, does the clock stop on how many years the rebuild will take now that he's gone? And starts all over when we get a new GM? I just want to know where we are so I can look forward to when we'll finally be 'rebuilt'.

Rebuild question: If the rebuild started with Gaine, does the clock stop on how many years the rebuild will take now that he's gone? And starts all over when we get a new GM? I just want to know where we are so I can look forward to when we'll finally be 'rebuilt'.

Thats the beauty of the Bill Obrien Coaching system.... see.

He doesnt run out of an endless supply if excuses that start his grand plan back to year one... so he is never accountable and always employed at a high rate of pay.

If only I could have an employment set up like that, throw in the Peter Blunt system on top of the Bill Obrien system for success and I would have my dream joband Id never retire.:bat:

IMO it started with the “divorce” of RS and OB. That was poison. It began with BG who clearly stated a plan and vision for this team. Immediate results were made, some I listed in a recent post today. OB has made several statements that were in line with BG’s regarding personnel. This rebuild, IMO, is beginning its second year. Several positions have been upgraded, leaving, IMO, RB, OL, CB, DE WR needing more depth. I expect many to be addressed next year with a major FA move(s) within the next two years. Our first major FA acquisition should signal a team ready to make a run...ie, contracts extended on key players with adequate cap space to sign a key player. I give it two years max. I want to see another year of deep drafts and resigning key players then I don’t see any reason why we’re not close. We do need the right GM if/when we go that route. Caserio would be great since he should be onboard with the current plan. We can’t afford another roster remake to change from, say, a ZBS scheme to something else. Continuity, please.

IMO it started with the “divorce” of RS and OB. That was poison. It began with BG who clearly stated a plan and vision for this team. Immediate results were made, some I listed in a recent post today. OB has made several statements that were in line with BG’s regarding personnel. This rebuild, IMO, is beginning its second year. Several positions have been upgraded, leaving, IMO, RB, OL, CB, DE WR needing more depth. I expect many to be addressed next year with a major FA move(s) within the next two years. Our first major FA acquisition should signal a team ready to make a run...ie, contracts extended on key players with adequate cap space to sign a key player. I give it two years max. I want to see another year of deep drafts and resigning key players then I don’t see any reason why we’re not close. We do need the right GM if/when we go that route. Caserio would be great since he should be onboard with the current plan. We can’t afford another roster remake to change from, say, a ZBS scheme to something else. Continuity, please.
So we're in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild. I should introduce you to Steelb - seems you see eye to eye. You 2 would get along great.

OL and RB were upgraded?

Not according to training camp reports.
Not what I said. Said just the opposite. Not finished upgrading those positions. From what has been posted on this forum the OL is being upgraded. Sounds like the Pack could use some help also.

So we're in year 2 of a 3 year rebuild. I should introduce you to Steelb - seems you see eye to eye. You 2 would get along great.
Then why did you ask, chief? Sounds like you already have your mind made up. 3-4 year rebuild. Tell me who we will resign and who we lose in FA but once depth is built those issues shouldn’t be as great.

Colts ran the ball 19 times in the 2nd half as opposed to 14 times in the 1st half...and the only reason it was that much in the 1st half is b/c they got the ball last in the 2nd qtr with like a minute left & they ran it 3 straight times on what was basically a drive they wanted to make sure they didn’t give it back to us and to just go ahead and get into the half.

Mack had 24 carries for a 148 yds...equally shredding the defense in the 1st and 2nd half.

They clearly were in run clock mode by the time the got the ball for the 1st time in the 3rd.

Bwhahaha 14 to 19 likes it's a big difference. Wow some people and their agendas.

But hey good job spicing it up with a lot of cayenne pepper.

The Colts totally changed their offense in the 2nd half

I remember when the Texans were up 20 against the Saints. Dominating every aspect of the game for three quarters. 4th quarter lighting struck and the Saints scored 28 points in the 4th quarter to beat us.

Again I highly doubt they went vanilla or changed up their game plan because they were up 21 in the first quarter and a half.

But it's very typical around here to not give either side of the ball credit. The defense didn't stop them for sure in the 2nd half. The Colts elected to show them some mercy.

I remember when the Texans were up 20 against the Saints. Dominating every aspect of the game for three quarters. 4th quarter lighting struck and the Saints scored 28 points in the 4th quarter to beat us.

Again I highly doubt they went vanilla or changed up their game plan because they were up 21 in the first quarter and a half.

But it's very typical around here to not give either side of the ball credit. The defense didn't stop them for sure in the 2nd half. The Colts elected to show them some mercy.

I thought we were talking about last years playoff game against the Colts. What do the Saints have to do with that?

Follow the conversation and you would see why I used that particular games as an example.

That has absolutely zero to do with the conversation. Next you’ll be using the Heidi bowl as an example of how the Rams could have come back.

Again if the Colts had seen any hint of the Texans making a come back they would have dialed it back up. In that game though Watson was throwing like crap, Nuk couldn’t lift his arm above his shoulder yet still was the only person that could catch anything, BoB was calling plays like it was high school and the Oline was a paper wall.

On the defense side Luck could have stopped to check his email he had so much time to throw, Crennel forgot that other teams do more than run a football and watching the defense try and catch Hilton you could almost hear the Benny Hill music.

Texans were beat before the first quarter ended just like in game 7 of Astros vs Dodgers, Dodgers were beat soon as Astro’s went up 5 points in what like, the 3rd inning. The last three quarters were just a formality. It wasn’t the Colts showing mercy it was them saving their players for when they faced a real opponent.

Reactions: JB
Bwhahaha 14 to 19 likes it's a big difference. Wow some people and their agendas.

But hey good job spicing it up with a lot of cayenne pepper.

Kinda like the Texans offense last year falling short of scoring the 2nd most points in franchise history by 8 stinking pts & some here using it as some kind of major indictment to bolster how bad the offense was? Yeah I agree..it’s a fairly neglible disparity......and to be fair a lot of those runs were Luck scrambling....Crennel getting desperate trying to blitz more and force Luck into a bad decision. But those scrambles still count as runs. Furthermore the blitzes weren’t getting home, Luck wasn’t making mistakes by forcing it (b/c he didn’t have to with a 2 TD lead) and he was very often scrambling for 4-5 yds a pop. The defense simply had no answer on stopping the Colts.

Not even sure they laid a finger on Luck the entire 2nd half. & for a defense supposedly as good as ours by their “rank”, that shouldn’t happen.

Kinda like the Texans offense last year falling short of scoring the 2nd most points in franchise history by 8 stinking pts & some here using it as some kind of major indictment to bolster how bad the offense was? Yeah I agree..it’s a fairly neglible disparity......and to be fair a lot of those runs were Luck scrambling....Crennel getting desperate trying to blitz more and force Luck into a bad decision. But those scrambles still count as runs. Furthermore the blitzes weren’t getting home, Luck wasn’t making mistakes by forcing it (b/c he didn’t have to with a 2 TD lead) and he was very often scrambling for 4-5 yds a pop. The defense simply had no answer on stopping the Colts.

Not even sure they laid a finger on Luck the entire 2nd half. & for a defense supposedly as good as ours by their “rank”, that shouldn’t happen.

If you mean sacks they didn't, in fact they didn't record one sack the whole game and only one interception the whole game which came in the first quarter.

Ok but he's working with Crennel. The defense has been pretty solid going back to the wade Phillips days. It's easier when you are working with a coach who had a real system and can evaluate talent.

As far as the draft, it looks promising but so did Rankin last year. I haven't heard anything on Jordan Thomas this camp.

It's much easier to look good with a Watt/Clowney in the trenches vs Davenport/Lamm.

I sat back today and thought about the Texans. I’m really agitated right now. The fact we were 11-5 with O’Brien and a weak offensive line makes you wonder.. what if we had a good coach last season. I’m not saying this team would have made it to the super bowl but it wouldn’t have been a shut out in the play offs. I think any coach that goes scoreless in the playoffs should be fired. I’m still stuck on the fact Tom Savage started over Watson and O’brien got rid of his Lt Brown. This season might be waste but the Texans have so much talent to be .500 which is why we tune in.. It’s time to start a petition

I sat back today and thought about the Texans. I’m really agitated right now. The fact we were 11-5 with O’Brien and a weak offensive line makes you wonder.. what if we had a good coach last season. I’m not saying this team would have made it to the super bowl but it wouldn’t have been a shut out in the play offs. I think any coach that goes scoreless in the playoffs should be fired. I’m still stuck on the fact Tom Savage started over Watson and O’brien got rid of his Lt Brown. This season might be waste but the Texans have so much talent to be .500 which is why we tune in.. It’s time to start a petition

And OBrien was essentially shut out twice in the playoffs. I'm not counting that last td

That has absolutely zero to do with the conversation. Next you’ll be using the Heidi bowl as an example of how the Rams could have come back.

Again if the Colts had seen any hint of the Texans making a come back they would have dialed it back up. In that game though Watson was throwing like crap, Nuk couldn’t lift his arm above his shoulder yet still was the only person that could catch anything, BoB was calling plays like it was high school and the Oline was a paper wall.

On the defense side Luck could have stopped to check his email he had so much time to throw, Crennel forgot that other teams do more than run a football and watching the defense try and catch Hilton you could almost hear the Benny Hill music.

Texans were beat before the first quarter ended just like in game 7 of Astros vs Dodgers, Dodgers were beat soon as Astro’s went up 5 points in what like, the 3rd inning. The last three quarters were just a formality. It wasn’t the Colts showing mercy it was them saving their players for when they faced a real opponent.

It has a lot to do with the damn conversation ole smart one. It was a freakfre example of how a team could easily comeback on you ass if you take your damn foot off an opponent's neck. I highly doubt the Colt after a freaking quarter and a half, said hey lets take it easy on these Texans boys.

And you don't ever underestimate any freaking team and say hey they're beat after the first quarter. The damn Oilers thought they had the freaking Bill's beat. Talk about one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history. The freaking Warriors were up on the Clippers by 30+ points. Thought they had that game won. Clippers came back and won that game. I can go on and on.

I'm going to pull one of yall cards. Post a link of the Colts head coach stating he called the dogs off after a quarter and a half.

Last edited:
It has a lot to do with the damn conversation ole smart one. It was a freakfre example of how a team could easily comeback on you ass if you take your damn foot off an opponent's neck. I highly doubt the Colt after a freaking quarter and a half, said hey lets take it easy on these Texans boys.

And you don't ever underestimate any freaking team and say hey there beat after the first quarter. The damn Oilers thought they had the freaking Bill's beat. Talk about one of the biggest choke jobs in sports history. The freaking Warriors were up on the Clippers by 30+ points. Thought they had that game won. Clippers came back and won that game. I can go on and on.

I'm going to pull one of yall cards. Post a link of the Colts head coach stating he called the dogs off after a quarter and a half.

LMAO So BoB can't coach and the offense sucks and etc. etc. etc. BUT we should never underestimate a team!! You can't have it both ways. Also yeah teams do get beat in the first few inning, quarters, whatever, see the mentioned Astros/Dodgers game. Historical comebacks do happen you are right but only if the team still has the drive and talent to do it. Also they are considered historical because they don't happen very often, most of the times you have a Colts/Texans type ending.

Finally for the last time it had nothing to do with taking it easy or "calling the dogs off" it was about saving your team as much as possible because you are about to face the elite of the NFL. Its the same reason you don't run a machine full force the entire time, so you don't burn it out. Its called playing the long game, if the Texans had shown any signs of life then Colts would have gone full force again, as it was they started playing conservatively to save players.

I don't get why you are so insistent that the Texans defense found the magic formula for stopping an elite QB in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game after they were already 21 points in the hole when they hadn't stopped any elite, or really even decent, QB all year. On top of that this formula didn't include any sacks or interceptions. Are you just that in love with the defense and Crennel that you can't see that they got rolled just as much as the offense did?

I sat back today and thought about the Texans. I’m really agitated right now. The fact we were 11-5 with O’Brien and a weak offensive line makes you wonder

It's hard for me to figure O'Brien out. That last game against Jacksonville he ran the offense in a way that compensated for the weak OL, & took advantage of Watson's abilities.

With that offense I think we'd have scored more than 7 points against the Colts.

Or maybe if we had a bad coach last year with an inferior OLine we might have been 5-11 ?

Or maybe if we had a bad coach last year with an inferior OLine we might have been 5-11 ?
Well technically we did have a bad coach last year along side a horrible o-line. Why are we saving this guy again? It seems like he’s been on the hot seat since he started coaching here and of course, Texans being Texans decide to extend him and give him more power. Lol you can’t make this stuff up. I do appreciate O’brien for what’s he’s done with minimum talent at qb over the years but you know in life, sometimes it’s best to just move on.. God I hope the Texans don’t pull a David Carr with Watson.

Well technically we did have a bad coach last year along side a horrible o-line. Why are we saving this guy again? It seems like he’s been on the hot seat since he started coaching here and of course, Texans being Texans decide to extend him and give him more power. Lol you can’t make this stuff up. I do appreciate O’brien for what’s he’s done with minimum talent at qb over the years but you know in life, sometimes it’s best to just move on.. God I hope the Texans don’t pull a David Carr with Watson.

People don’t “appreciate” bad HC’s...so which is it for u?

It's hard for me to figure O'Brien out. That last game against Jacksonville he ran the offense in a way that compensated for the weak OL, & took advantage of Watson's abilities.

With that offense I think we'd have scored more than 7 points against the Colts.

That game had me so excited about the playoffs. Then the actual game happened. I was like wyf

I think he was involved in personnel.

Even if he wasn't, he has proven he is trash in the 2 years since Rick left.

The man has said several times already he's been apart of those decisions from day one. I really don't understand why some people around here doesn't believe him. Oh but let him say, I just coach the players that are given to me, they believe him then.

Hilarious!

Or he built that inferior oline and the team won with defense and a weak schedule

Exactly. The offensive line has gotten worse every year since he's been here. Last year was by far the worst. But yet people wants to ignore that simple fact.

Last edited:
Exactly. The offensive line has gotten worse every year since he's been here. Last was by far the worst. But yet people wants to ignore that simple fact.

I honestly think the OL will be even worse this year. Two busted vets and two rookies will start.

HAPPYGM.jpg

Smith was very happy with pick

LMAO So BoB can't coach and the offense sucks and etc. etc. etc. BUT we should never underestimate a team!! You can't have it both ways. Also yeah teams do get beat in the first few inning, quarters, whatever, see the mentioned Astros/Dodgers game. Historical comebacks do happen you are right but only if the team still has the drive and talent to do it. Also they are considered historical because they don't happen very often, most of the times you have a Colts/Texans type ending.

Finally for the last time it had nothing to do with taking it easy or "calling the dogs off" it was about saving your team as much as possible because you are about to face the elite of the NFL. Its the same reason you don't run a machine full force the entire time, so you don't burn it out. Its called playing the long game, if the Texans had shown any signs of life then Colts would have gone full force again, as it was they started playing conservatively to save players.

I don't get why you are so insistent that the Texans defense found the magic formula for stopping an elite QB in the 3rd quarter of a playoff game after they were already 21 points in the hole when they hadn't stopped any elite, or really even decent, QB all year. On top of that this formula didn't include any sacks or interceptions. Are you just that in love with the defense and Crennel that you can't see that they got rolled just as much as the offense did?

Zero, Zilch, Nada was scored after the Colts scored their third touchdown midway through the second quarter, that's why.

The man has said several times already he's been apart of those decisions from day one. I really don't understand why some people around here doesn't believe him. Oh but let him say, I just coach the players that are given to me, they believe him then.

Hilarious!

You act like you don't have a clue how the Texans org. has been run since day one of 2002. It's a group think board mentality. Being involved does not mean calling the shots unless you're a McNair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back