Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Eagles Fan Thread

Well have a hard time competing with the high caliber defense of the Eagles. We might be a little over our heads!!!

Just saw Charels Rogers was released...worth I look I say, just as old as AJ, plenty of talent, low-risk, high reward. Just give him an incentive laden contract.

Wolf said:
someone posted that the eagles lost 4 games by 6 points or less .. well I honestly didn't know that.

FWIW, I know y'all see a 2-14 team, but we also lost 4games 6 points or less. (and 1 game by 7)

edit ..despite having 31st ranked defense and an offense ranked 30ish also

i was the one who posted that...and if you'll read the entire post i also said that the texans played better than what their record showed and acknowledged the same stat for the texans.

The Preacher said:
This could easily end up being where the game is won or lost. McNabb will most likely get some time but not as much as one might think. The front four is greatly improved and I think all will be surprised by the pressure we get. I would be surprised if you guys can run it well consistently, leading to more passing than you want. If our blitz packages are effective you guys will be in trouble. Same with our offense they will need to be creative to slow your front four down. Should be a great game I would be shocked though if you won by seventeen. Vince Papale rocks and I'm glad we've got this one at home. You guys are hardcore football fans good luck after week 1.

Texans 23-16

By adding one person who could tackle to your D-line would have improved it. They were terrible last year.

Welcome aboard Eagle fans....now, I gotta get back to watching Tenn kick the crap outta Cal.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:
i was the one who posted that...and if you'll read the entire post i also said that the texans played better than what their record showed and acknowledged the same stat for the texans.
There's no such thing as playing better than your record indicates. Good teams have good records, bad teams have bad records.

For instance, as much as I love the birds, we were a bad team last year, for obvious reasons. The Texans? Well, they're the Texans.

I can't see any reason why I think the Texans will win next week. They're a bad franchise that didn't address any of their needs this offseason, passed on a franchise-changing RB to get a back-up DE, only to see their starting RB go down for the season.

You're a 3-win season. Nothing more. Play your position

Final Score: Eagles 27 Texan 6

Green Bird said:
There's no such thing as playing better than your record indicates. Good teams have good records, bad teams have bad records.

For instance, as much as I love the birds, we were a bad team last year, for obvious reasons. The Texans? Well, they're the Texans.

I can't see any reason why I think the Texans will win next week. They're a bad franchise that didn't address any of their needs this offseason, passed on a franchise-changing RB to get a back-up DE, only to see their starting RB go down for the season.

Man are the rest of you Texans fans loving this or what. If the Eagles go in thinking the same way its gonna be 50-0 Texans. Even Philly fans have awarded Bush with "franchise-changing" status based on 4 pre-season games and consider MW a "back-up DE" Both are rookies that have never played in a regular season game in there life. Just goes to show you the power of the media. 7 of our draft picks made the team and 3 will start. The Texans had there best draft ever, because they addressed there needs. New flash! Even if Kubiak had a crystal ball that told him DD was not going to be able to play he STILL would not have drafted Bush.

The Eagles are well....The Eagles. We aint scared

"The Eagles are well....The Eagles. We aint scared"

Ditto on that! Bring it on!!!! It's good to be thought of as the underdog as long as possible. By the time they figure it out, IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!!!:drool:

Green Bird said:

Go eat some chunky soup.

RiotCommander said:
When is the last time the eagles WON a Superbowl? They remind me of the Bills always knocking on the door, but never able to get in.

Sorry, but a shot had to be fired!! :shoot:

Hold on, when was the last time the Texans/Oilers have even made the playoffs? Ur organization is only known for being the ugly stepsister of the Dallas Cowgirls. LMAO!

I wouldn't say that they scare me but the diffrece is they do remember how to win games regardless of their record last year remember we were 2-14 but we will be better as well. By no means am I saying that they will beat us but we can not over look them and getting in a war of words with these guys when they come over here. If they wont to over look us fine but lets not do the same I for one like Eagles fans the stand up for their team and they are loud at home games I do think we have a chance to win but lets face it intill we start winning games these guys not just Eagles but the rest we play are going to dog us but keep the faith because after this year the nfl will find out we are no longer their doormats.

In all seriousness, I hope the Texans win every game after Week 1. I do not think many Eagles fans are looking past the Texans at all. I think most of us are pretty much week to week type of fans because of all the turmoil we have been through. lol Good luck and see you next weekend.

Roughnecks said:
I wouldn't say that they scare me but the diffrece is they do remember how to win games regardless of their record last year remember we were 2-14 but we will be better as well. By no means am I saying that they will beat us but we can not over look them and getting in a war of words with these guys when they come over here. If they wont to over look us fine but lets not do the same I for one like Eagles fans the stand up for their team and they are loud at home games I do think we have a chance to win but lets face it intill we start winning games these guys not just Eagles but the rest we play are going to dog us but keep the faith because after this year the nfl will find out we are no longer their doormats.

I agree roughneck its just when i read things like (paraphrasing) "The Eagles have an excuse for last season but the Texans well they are the Texans" it gets my blood boiling. Philly fans that only watch ESPN to get there info are clueless.

Green Bird said:

Franchise-changing? Since when is 40-something carries for about 100 yards, with no TD's in four games franchise changing.
Also, all I can tell you is that last season we had probably the single worst defence of any team in the NFL. We have added two players to that defense, Mario and DeMeco. Since those two additions we have given up two TD's in about 2 games worth of play with the first team defense on the field. Just because ESPN says something, dosnt make it true. In fact, you can probably make a good case that its completly wrong. And if you dont beleive me, go check Reggie's stats...

flylikeaneagle said:
Here we go with PRESEASON stats. Those stats are WORTHLESS.

Soooo what stats do we go by to determine RB is a "franchise changing" back? Please don't say college stats.

flylikeaneagle said:
Here we go with PRESEASON stats. Those stats are WORTHLESS.

Just because it is preseason doesnt mean it can be so easily dismissed. Take for example the Patriots destroying the Redskins. That isnt worthless information. I would not dig deep into any preseason stat but that does not mean I think it is "meaningless". There are signs that should be watched for. Just like the Texans in preseason last year. How many people changed their minds about last season after seeing their preseason performance? I see you guys admit to that a lot on this board.

P.S. - Reggie Bush will at best be the next Barry Sanders. An electrifying individual on a subpar team. Not that that wont get him into the HOF, but it sure wont get them to the SB.

TexansLucky13 said:
Just because it is preseason doesnt mean it can be so easily dismissed. Take for example the Patriots destroying the Redskins. That isnt worthless information. I would not dig deep into any preseason stat but that does not mean I think it is "meaningless". There are signs that should be watched for. Just like the Texans in preseason last year. How many people changed their minds about last season after seeing their preseason performance? I see you guys admit to that a lot on this board.

P.S. - Reggie Bush will at best be the next Barry Sanders. An electrifying individual on a subpar team. Not that that wont get him into the HOF, but it sure wont get them to the SB.

Does not matter. Most Superbowl teams only win a couple or less preseason games. Preseason should only measure the guys who are competing for a position on the roster. That is why they have preseason. NFL teams have to cut their rosters down and preseason is the best way to see who they keep and who they cut. The game is a lot different when regular season starts.

Yes, the Steelers were 3-1 in the preseason in 2005 and the Seachickens were 2-2. In 2004, the Eagles were 1-3 in the Preseason and so were the Pats.

flylikeaneagle said:
Does not matter. Most Superbowl teams only win a couple or less preseason games. Preseason should only measure the guys who are competing for a position on the roster. That is why they have preseason. NFL teams have to cut their rosters down and preseason is the best way to see who they keep and who they cut. The game is a lot different when regular season starts.

Yea, that's what we kept telling ourselves last year. I agree for the most part that the preseason is about gauging the players to see who will make the team, but it can also be an indicator of where a team stands and where they are headed. For example, last year we were coming off a 7 and 9 season in 2004 and we had high hopes for going to the playoffs in 2005, but the team looked totally lost during the preseason going 1 and 3. Most kept telling themselves (myself included) that it was only preseason and it didn't matter. After the first few games it was pretty evident this team was going nowhere fast.

This year has been totally different. New coaches, alot of new players, and a new attitude. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that our 3 and 1 preseason record means we will be in the playoffs, but there is definately a difference in this years team. So don't be too surprised if your team doesn't win on Sept. 10th. I think the Texans are going to surprise a few teams this year! JMHO!

Insideop said:
Yea, that's what we kept telling ourselves last year. I agree for the most part that the preseason is about gauging the players to see who will make the team, but it can also be an indicator of where a team stands and where they are headed. For example, last year we were coming off a 7 and 9 season in 2004 and we had high hopes for going to the playoffs in 2005, but the team looked totally lost during the preseason going 1 and 3. Most kept telling themselves (myself included) that it was only preseason and it didn't matter. After the first few games it was pretty evident this team was going nowhere fast.

This year has been totally different. New coaches, alot of new players, and a new attitude. I'm not going to sit here and tell you that our 3 and 1 preseason record means we will be in the playoffs, but there is definately a difference in this years team. So don't be too surprised if your team doesn't win on Sept. 10th. I think the Texans are going to surprise a few teams this year! JMHO!

Well, by going by that -- The Eagles will be a great team due to the fact they (the first and second team) only allowed 1 td (maybe 0 tds -- cannot remember -- long day).

Green Bird said:

This is one of the funniest posts i've ever read!! 3 wins? Hilarious.

flylikeaneagle said:
Well, by going by that -- The Eagles will be a great team due to the fact they (the first and second team) only allowed 1 td (maybe 0 tds -- cannot remember -- long day).

Correct. I love using their "logic".

:cowboy1: :shoot:

flylikeaneagle said:
Born in Wilmington, Delaware -- raised in the country in the beautiful poconos of PA.

Got ya. Real nice up those neck in the woods. I lived in New castle for a while, and went up to Rote, PA a couple times a year to party with friends. About 45 minutes from state college. I like the Birds a little, my wife is from Philly and got to see Mcnabb start his career while I was there. I just can't stand the fans talk about Fanactics, But you have to give it up to a city that lives and dies with there sports teams. Even though they haven't won anything in Decades!

eagle.randall said:
5 days and a wake up. You boys better get ready for a whoopin!

Well, OK... if it's a whoopin you want, we will be glad to give it to you! :tease:

On the serious side, Philly is a good team, the Texans although unproven, have made great strides in the right direction. I am expecting a close game.

Back