Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Dre Whips Finnegan

A better idea is to put in one of our 3rd team big boys (that would otherwise not play that next Tits game) and put him in for a couple of plays, just to knock the piss out of the Tit player of choice, not worrying about bilateral ejection.:evil:

newtexan finally gets a Sheppard sighting!

sweet shot of dre punching side show bob:

a7eba5f933e9dc5b63dd490d1cfb46d8.jpg

sonic boom!!!!!!!!

If Cortland is a punk then Johnson is a dumber punk for taking the bait. Oh and your coach awarding your punk the game ball shows what a low class ***** he is especially when he was held to 56 yards receiving. Point is, you people are the pot calling the kettle black. Now you may go back to your fantasy world.

Andre Johnson has 65 receptions, 781 yards, and 7 touchdowns in 8 games vs the Titans since Cortland Finnegan has been with the them.

That's 8.175 receptions, 97.63 yards and .875 touchdowns per game.

Andre Johnson owns Cortland Finnegan and the Titans, you need to watch your team more.

If Cortland is a punk then Johnson is a dumber punk for taking the bait. Oh and your coach awarding your punk the game ball shows what a low class ***** he is especially when he was held to 56 yards receiving. Point is, you people are the pot calling the kettle black. Now you may go back to your fantasy world.

Come on Titan! You've been a pretty understanding fan on this board for a while now, you should know better. AJ got the game ball for breaking an NFL record, not for the fight with Finnegan. People who think he got the game ball for getting kicked out of a game are just delusional, and pretty stupid. JMO!! BUT, there is not one team in the NFL that would not pay high dollar for AJ! He is a TEXAN and will be until he retires. Finnegan is a bully and you know it!! No HONORABLE person on the face of the earth is gonna continue to stand by and allow someone to CONTINUOUSLY bully them, whether it be in sports, on the job, school, or daily life. Everyone has a breaking point and AJ had enough of the Titans punk. AND if you support a dirty player, who deliberately TRIES to injure a player, regardless of what team he plays on, then I have lost a lot of respect for you. There's a lot of smack talk going on, from both sides, but, I expected better from you.

We define ourselves by the words we speak in defense of certain people. If you really want your character defined by defending a self-admitted dirty player (and now little ***** liar) like Innegan, then do what you feel you have to do. But don't expect any of us to respect you for it, especially when you're talking out of your butt with ignorance about a subject.

BTW, AJ manned up and owned his actions. What is your little punk's attitude? Acting like a little jerk-ass by denying his involvement and lying about his actions.

Reactions: JB
Come on Titan! You've been a pretty understanding fan on this board for a while now, you should know better. AJ got the game ball for breaking an NFL record, not for the fight with Finnegan. People who think he got the game ball for getting kicked out of a game are just delusional, and pretty stupid. JMO!! BUT, there is not one team in the NFL that would not pay high dollar for AJ! He is a TEXAN and will be until he retires. Finnegan is a bully and you know it!! No HONORABLE person on the face of the earth is gonna continue to stand by and allow someone to CONTINUOUSLY bully them, whether it be in sports, on the job, school, or daily life. Everyone has a breaking point and AJ had enough of the Titans punk. AND if you support a dirty player, who deliberately TRIES to injure a player, regardless of what team he plays on, then I have lost a lot of respect for you. There's a lot of smack talk going on, from both sides, but, I expected better from you.
SheTexan, hope you are doing well. My point is Cortland was not bulling a player a lot bigger than he is and did nothing to intentionally to try and hurt him. At the end of the previous play AJ shoved Cortland in the back. This was also a carry over from last season when AJ was fined $7500 for swinging Cortland to the ground by his face mask. Cortland got under his skin and he lost it. As one of your fans stated nobody was hurt. When you slow up the film you see that a couple of punches grazed Cortland and one even connects with the shoulder pads. It looks worse because AJ is a lot bigger. They both fought and they both got suspended. Both are very good players. Cortland like a lot of good corners try to rattle the receiver and he did just that.

SheTexan, hope you are doing well. My point is Cortland was not bulling a player a lot bigger than he is and did nothing to intentionally to try and hurt him. At the end of the previous play AJ shoved Cortland in the back. This was also a carry over from last season when AJ was fined $7500 for swinging Cortland to the ground by his face mask. Cortland got under his skin and he lost it. As one of your fans stated nobody was hurt. When you slow up the film you see that a couple of punches grazed Cortland and one even connects with the shoulder pads. It looks worse because AJ is a lot bigger. They both fought and they both got suspended. Both are very good players. Cortland like a lot of good corners try to rattle the receiver and he did just that.

You poke a bear enough with a stick eventually it's gonna reach out and take your head off.

I agree it is a carry over from last season, Finnegan knew that he was going to f--k with AJ before the game even started, you think maybe he overplayed his hand? I do, it seems Finnegan thought when the helmets come off everything just stops. Maybe next time he can inform AJ of 'Finnegans Rules For Prevention Of Getting An Ass Whoopin' On National TV.'

I'll leave with this. This is your board to come together and discuss your beloved team. I have met some of you including your administrator and hope to do so again. You are class acts. I was just looking at it from both sides. Anyway, I should have not posted my thoughts here, as I said, its your board. Here's to a great game at LP Field.

I'll leave with this. This is your board to come together and discuss your beloved team. I have met some of you including your administrator and hope to do so again. You are class acts. I was just looking at it from both sides. Anyway, I should have not posted my thoughts here, as I said, its your board. Here's to a great game at LP Field.

Your opinions are welcomed although we may disagree. As you know, we're passionate around here and seem to be "on edge" due to many things that are happening/not happening with our beloved ball club.

All you have to do is go back to the Cushing incident to get a good feeling how much we'll stand behind our players. Titans fans standing behind finnegan is expected (although he IS a dirty cheap little prick;)).

Finnegan has been fined at least 2 other times this season for dirty play. He admits he wants to be the dirtiest player in the league. He threw a punch at the face of a defenseless Steve Slaton in another game against the Texans. Finnegan isn't the innocent choir boy you are trying to make him out to be.

91pmclaughlin1.jpg
WROOOONG!! Over to you, SheTexan!

It's to be expected for a fan to only tell half the story. But I really hope that you do not seriously believe that tripe. fake ass irishman lost any iota of respect that someone could have had for him when he blatantly lied about the ass wooping. First he said that he just went for a jam at the line by putting his hands in AJ's chest. Replay's clearly show he went directly to the face.

Then he claims that he thought it would stop when helments came off, but he clearly continued conflict after he lost his helmet.

And he claimed that he has never been asked to cover AJ before this latest game?

If you want to talk smack about that sorry ass franchise of yours that is fine. But if you really think that that punk is anything but, you are sad. I hope that is not true.

SheTexan, hope you are doing well. My point is A) Cortland was not bulling a player a lot bigger than he is and did nothing to intentionally to try and hurt him. At the end of the previous play AJ shoved Cortland in the back. B) This was also a carry over from last season when AJ was fined $7500 for swinging Cortland to the ground by his face mask. Cortland got under his skin and he lost it. As one of your fans stated nobody was hurt. When you slow up the film you see that a couple of punches grazed Cortland and one even connects with the shoulder pads. It looks worse because AJ is a lot bigger. C) They both fought and they both got suspended. D) Both are very good players. Cortland like a lot of good corners try to rattle the receiver and he did just that.

A) BS. Innegan looked over at the Texans bench and said "watch this". He then proceeds to go at AJ's throat - AGAIN!!!

B) Thanks for helping prove our points. Here's how. AJ has been in the league for 8 seasons and has no problem with any other CB. He's known as one of the good guys. The two times AJ has had an issue?? Cortland Finnegan. That says more about what a cheap shot, dirty player Innegan is than it does AJ... Receivers all around the league saluted AJ once they found out about the incident. All the ex-recievers, one ex-LB and one ex TE/ SB coach supported AJ on Monday Night Countdown. Again, that speaks to the douche.baggery of Kid in Play.

C) Suspended? Um no. Just fined.

D) Disagree. While AJ is very good Innegan is maybe, and I say maybe a hair above average. That's pretty much why he has to rely on being an asshat. I don't see Revis, Asomugha being a jackass. Hell Deoin Sanders may have talked mess on the field (although Michael Irvin actually tried to dispel that about Sanders the other day) wasn't the dirty POS Innegan is.

Finally, AJ doesn't get rattled. It's clear that he had taken too many shots to the face and throat and had had enough. I predict Innegan has several flags thrown against him AND gets abused (yet again) by AJ during the next meeting.

Agreed. I would like to see AJ address the media and apologize. He should say that he made a monumental mistake and that fighting has no place in football and life in general.

rep to awtysst for understanding what doing the right thing is. Also, if this weren't a football game, what Andre did might be called assault. Finnegan would be guilty as well. This whole thing was legally and morally wrong. Kuddos to andre for being man enough to appolagize.

I was listening to 610 this morning when John McClain was on, he said that Andre was mic'd up for this game by NFL Films. Man, I would love to have heard Andre during that game...too bad it will may never be used.

rep to awtysst for understanding what doing the right thing is. Also, if this weren't a football game, what Andre did might be called assault. Finnegan would be guilty as well. This whole thing was legally and morally wrong. Kuddos to andre for being man enough to appolagize.

I 100% fully disagree with what you and awtysst are saying.

While I think your heart is in the right place, your heart has possibly betrayed your brain. As Geroge Clooney's character said in Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?: "It's a fool who looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." While I will not call you two guys a "fool," because I think that's too extreme, I will say that I think your ideology is severely misplaced. Of course, if extreme pacifism happens to be an all-encompassing moral attitude that you two guys share in terms of how it shapes your attitudes about everything else in your life, then it makes sense to me as to why you are attaching that attitide to the game of professional football.

I am not straying from the topic here, but am merely addressing your opinion and will now share my reasoning as to "why" I think the non-suspension was a good idea, and why people who are calling for the NFL equivalent of jail time are not operating in reality.

-----------------------------------

Whoever said (and I think multiple people were saying this) that the ones who are griping about a non-suspension are people who don't play the sport and are essentially non-athletic "talking heads" is right.

The people who are elitist, "higher-thinking" persons (such as Greeny and Kornheiser) tend to have this type of shock at how barbaric and uncivilized it is to NOT suspend a guy for settling a score on the field.

How else would this be dealt with better: To just sit back and TAKE it? Or maybe those two guys should meet in an alley and be allowed to use weapons to settle the ongoing dispute?

Or, and maybe I am just crazy here, maybe handling the business ON THE FIELD was actually the best way to for it to have gone down. Why? Because the dudes were in pads (except for the helmetless head). In addition, they had about a bazillion security personnel on the field. They were able to get the piss and vinegar out of their system, under what I consider to be a very controlled environment. Notice how their fight did NOT escalate into an all-out brawl. It was about to, but it got doused and extinguished fairly quickly.

Everyone out there on the field that afternoon understood what was happening: Two guys yanking off their helmets (Which, once again, was actually a GOOD thing to have happened) and handling their business that had been brewing for years.

Enter the elitist, Oh The Horror! crowd of higher-thinking persons. To them, the holiness of NFL was tainted that day. Someone must pay. You can't allow that sort of thing to go unpunished! A travesty that they were only fined!

Pssstt...hey, over here...I got some news for ya'! The commissioner understands the difference between someone using extreme malice upon a defensless victim (such as the Haynesworth face-stomping incident) and two guys handling their business in a manly manner.

If anything, Roger Goodell and/or the NFL power-that-be earned a gold star from me due to their handling of this ordeal.

People like Kornheiser should be less worried about how the league ruled on this ordeal, and MORE concerned with how the league's officials have not been riding Innegan a lot harder and flagging him every time he touches the opposing player. They should make life so hard on him, and on his team (due to the 15-yard fould the team would accrue) that the TEAM itself tells Innegan that those shenanigans must stop immediately.

I fault the inability of the officials to effectively put an end to the antics of Innegan. This IS an area where the officials need to use bias and use their authority in an extreme manner. Mr. NFL Referee: Make it a point to send a message, please, because I am growing weary of the onslaught of bad commentary on this topic. If you don't want those fights taking place, you better start throwing the flag and getting things sorted out early and often.

Just my take on this. If ever there was a clear cut case of one guy getting what he truly deserved, it is this case of Innegan getting dealt with AND our guy not getting suspended. I think the NFL office has sent a message loud and clear. And i bet we see those personal foul flags flying a lot more when we meet up with the Titans--I have a feeling the refs have been told that THEY are the authority on the field, and that THEY are expected to keep law and order in a better fashion than they have. Just my hunch on it.

Love this article, and thought you all should read it

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-chandler/ecclesiastes-theres-even-_b_790163.html

Ecclesiastes: There's Even a Time to Punch Cortland Finnegan in the Face

When NFL Commish Roger Goodell handed down punishment against Houston Texans all-pro wide receiver Andre Johnson, Goodell considered a number of factors in deciding not to suspend Johnson for his Balrog-style haymaker combo on Tennessee Titans cornerback Cortland Finnegan. The incident, which took place in the fourth quarter of the Texans shutout victory over the Titans on Sunday, started when Finnegan, by many accounts, turned to the Texans' sideline and shouted "Watch this," before jamming Johnson's facemask with his hands. The ensuing fight, with three connecting punches thrown by Johnson, led to the ejection of both players and earned prominent placement in the 24 hour sports media cycle. On Monday, the league announced each player would be fined the minimum of $25,000.

Those who expressed surprise--and there were many-- at the commissioner's decision to only fine both players should ruminate on what might have given Goodell, a martinet by reputation, pause about not issuing a harsher punishment. When helmets come off and punches are thrown, it's natural to assume suspensions will follow. However, this was not a normal fight between two brawlers: it was a battle between good and evil.

Andre Johnson is one of the game's best players. His competitive focus is legendary, his selflessness is heralded, and his leadership as a team captain is widely admired. Although the ejection overshadowed it, on Sunday Johnson became the first player in league history to catch 60 passes in his first eight seasons. But beyond his stellar ethic work and myriad accolades, it is Johnson's off-field work with charities and community service efforts (the non-government mandated type) that earn him a sterling name in his adoptive city of Houston.

If anything, it is Johnson's reticence and humility that keep him from being more famous, more of a household name or a global brand, or some omnipresent peddler of sports drinks or footwear. With thoughtful contrition, Johnson stunted the post-game attempts of reporters to coax a braggart's sound bite about his TKO of Finnegan. Instead, Johnson apologized in each of his remarks, saying he was sorry to the fans, the Texans organization, the league, and the city. He admitted he was wrong, and even ashamed, and went on to air his fears that he may have hurt his team. In short, Johnson remained a class act.

Cortland Finnegan, on the other hand, is a punk. His season has been marred by fines and league warnings for his incitement and violent play. Last Sunday was no different. He baited Johnson with trash talk and when that failed Finnegan did something Johnson could not ignore. Even as Finnegan was being escorted to the locker room following his après-snuffing ejection, he taunted the Houston crowd all the way into the tunnel.

"Why is it I can close my eyes, and if there's a team involved in a fight, I know it's the Tennessee Titans?" said CBS football "analyst" Shannon Sharpe on Sunday. "And if I keep my eyes closed, I know another guy is going to be involved, and it's always Cortland Finnegan."

Pundits were quick to attribute Goodell's decision to money. The Texans play a prime-time game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday night, a game to be shown on the league-owned NFL Network. While it's easy to be cynical about NFL disciplinary policies, in this case, fans of the game shouldn't be. With the measures of both men considered, Johnson may have done something many, perhaps even Roger Goodell, have wanted to do.

Johnson and Finnegan will square off again on December 19 in Tennessee.

Some guy set up a donation page.

The goal to raise $25k for AJ's fine, although the guy says that wasn't the cause to give money to a millionaire for a fine.

KHOU reports AJ caught wind, was taken back, and is donating the money raised to children in need for Christmas.

http://www.indiegogo.com/25for80

I'd like to see a "Mortal Kombat Mix" of this with some special effects, the music, and a "Finish Him!" at the end. That would be awesome but is I believe beyond my abilities. I'll have to see what I can do with iMovie.

Some guy set up a donation page.

The goal to raise $25k for AJ's fine, although the guy says that wasn't the cause to give money to a millionaire for a fine.

KHOU reports AJ caught wind, was taken back, and is donating the money raised to children in need for Christmas.

http://www.indiegogo.com/25for80

I won't donate to that. It's putting a stamp of approval on workplace violence. Think of the children!!!

:sarcasm:

I like how every pundit in sports media supports Andre and condemns Finnegan. An audio clip of Mike and Mike supporting Andre is being used in a commercial for their show on ESPN radio. It's brought great publicity to the franchise.

Back