Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Dre Whips Finnegan

I just wish that upper cut would've landed a bit more solid, leaving a nice gash to be stitched up. That way he would be forever reminded of his beat down at the hands of AJ.

Someone needs to take the fight video and superimpose "POW" "BOOM" "WHAM" over the picture like they used to do on Batman.

Just a fine! HAHAHAHA! WOOT!

happy-dance.jpg

A funny comment of "REGRETS" over Finnegan's actions, from a Tacks fan from GoTitans.com MB:

I wish he would have done it sooner. 7 minutes left in the 4th when down by 17 doesn't do anybody much good.

Andre Johnson’s fight inspired Shane Battier

Shane Battier saw it, and then he saw Johnson courtside Sunday night when the Rockets were taking on the Thunder. And Battier was inspired — enough for the forward to put up 18 points on 7 of 11 shooting, he told the Houston Chronicle.

“I saw the champ,” Battier said. “The champ goes from a tough game, showing what it means to be a fighter, coming, sitting courtside at the Rockets tonight. I saw the champ. After the crowd got hyped, I got hyped. The champ is responsible for this win. I will roll with Andre Johnson every day of the week. That fired me up when I saw him.”

No word on if Roger Goodell will try to suspend Battier, too.
:butterfly:

thats the problem with Titans, They instigate fights and the fans condone it like it is alright, Seems they would have learned thier lesson but Innegan started it and kept it going by taunting, he should be levied a suspention.

NFL to the world: Act like a punk and bait players when you have a history and your team is hopelessly down in a game and your only hope next time is to get a star player suspended vs sticking up for your self and your honor? Same thing.

Can I get some fact help here?

I've read a lot that finnegan didn't throw any punches. Obviously he didn't get any in like AJ did but it looked to me he threw a right punch in there at the beginning of the skirmish. It's so hard because most all the video clips are the same with finnegan on the other side of AJ. But to me it looks like AJ is pulling finnegan's helmet down and it comes off. Then finnegan loads up and throws a right punch on the left side of AJ's neck/helmet.

I can't find any other clips that show a different angle (I coulda sworn I saw one earlier)... anybody see it?

Thanks.

EDIT - Finally found the one I saw earlier. It shows a slightly better angle at the 3:25 mark it begins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xObqK44so

I've read a lot that finnegan didn't throw any punches. Obviously he didn't get any in like AJ did but it looked to me he threw a right punch in there at the beginning of the skirmish. It's so hard because most all the video clips are the same with finnegan on the other side of AJ. But to me it looks like AJ is pulling finnegan's helmet down and it comes off. Then finnegan loads up and throws a right punch on the left side of AJ's neck/helmet.

I can't find any other clips that show a different angle (I coulda sworn I saw one earlier)... anybody see it?

Thanks.

I think the little punch was while the helmet was still on, right? After that he grabbed the helmet, threw it away, and then finally made a smart choice and turtled.

I agree with the equal penalty for both players. I mean, can you really fault one guy more because he won the fight?

AJCF2-1.gif

Gotta love Innegan feel the body blow as he holds his side, then comes up (it looks like he's crying) and then flinches. BEST ANGLE YET.

AJCF2-1.gif

Gotta love Innegan feel the body blow as he holds his side, then comes up (it looks like he's crying) and then flinches. BEST ANGLE YET.

Just noticed from this angle, after AJ hits him with the uppercut, innegan flinches and starts to put his hands up in the classic "no mas" pose...

Thanks.

EDIT - Finally found the one I saw earlier. It shows a slightly better angle at the 3:25 mark it begins.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99xObqK44so

I took this screenshot of a youtube vid. This is the initial contact..

FinneganDefense.jpg

You be the judge.

Finnegan is telling his side of the story - Live - here

He called his punch to AJ's face a "quick-jam" and totally within the rules.
"When helmets come off, usually, that's the end of it. I was totally surprised by him throwing blows. He said himself that he snapped."

The commentator keeps pointing out - and correctly so - only one guy through punches.

I think the little punch was while the helmet was still on, right? After that he grabbed the helmet, threw it away, and then finally made a smart choice and turtled.

I agree with the equal penalty for both players. I mean, can you really fault one guy more because he won the fight?

Yea this is what I'm talking about. This initial jab was both hands up under the facemask. Then finnegan punches his right hand at AJ's neck while Dre's helmet is still on.

Punch thrown.

oh and Finnegan keeps saying that if he had been the one to throw punches he would have been suspended.

He's probably right.

I took this screenshot of a youtube vid. This is the initial contact..

FinneganDefense.jpg

You be the judge.

This also happened on the previous play also. Not sure about any earlier. But you could see on the TV where they were messing with each other also.

Where were the refs to call illegal hands to the face??????

This also happened on the previous play also. Not sure about any earlier. But you could see on the TV where they were messing with each other also.

Grams and I are simpatico. I put a lot of this on the refs. Innegan is allowed to play punk all game, he just keeps pushing the boundaries.

I posted this in the Bitter Babin thread too, but pasted it here too as I think it is relevant here also and it's actually originally intended to be in response to what someone else asked in this thread about who they think may fight next game as it is almost inevitable;

I got a weird feeling that Babin and Winston may throw down next game.

I just think there will be something that goes down next time but I don't think 'Dre or his new ***** Finnegan will be stupid enough to go at it again. But I just know something will happen. They'll want blood. Babin obviously has sand in his vag and I'm sure wants a piece now.

I remember last year in Bumblescum when the 1st padded brawl on the sidelines broke out, Winston threw his gear off and challenged Van Den Bosch straight up.

Well, Babin wants to be the next Van Den Douche so I see him going too far on Winston's side next game and they maul each other for a second or 2.

Hope I'm wrong and I'm not wishing for a fight. But if I were to predict one that may happen, that would be it.

I haven't read through all the pages, and it may have been posted already, but this is what Antrel Rolle had to say about Innegan, AKA "the little chihuahua" :heh:

I posted this in the Bitter Babin thread too, but pasted it here too as I think it is relevant here also and it's actually originally intended to be in response to what someone else asked in this thread about who they think may fight next game as it is almost inevitable;

I just think there will be something that goes down next time but I don't think 'Dre or his new ***** Finnegan will be stupid enough to go at it again. But I just know something will happen. They'll want blood. Babin obviously has sand in his vag and I'm sure wants a piece now.

I remember last year in Bumblescum when the 1st padded brawl on the sidelines broke out, Winston threw his gear off and challenged Van Den Bosch straight up.

Well, Babin wants to be the next Van Den Douche so I see him going too far on Winston's side next game and they maul each other for a second or 2.

Hope I'm wrong and I'm not wishing for a fight. But if I were to predict one that may happen, that would be it.

I was thinking the same. Especially after Babin dominated Winston a few times yesterday.

This is what I want to know. This happened twice and looks quite blatant. How do you miss that?

That's what Finnegan referred to as "just jammin' him at the line."

A better idea is to put in one of our 3rd team big boys (that would otherwise not play that next Tits game) and put him in for a couple of plays, just to knock the piss out of the Tit player of choice, not worrying about bilateral ejection.:evil:

Ya know what? For 25k and a "bail fund" I will go yank Innegan helmet off and punch him in the face. 'Cause Corrosion and I aren't askeered to punch people in their mellon ****ing heads!!! !:D

Back