Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we offically nickname Quinn BBQ?

Some call Peterson AP some call him AD. I shall now refer to Quinn as BBQ, Big Bad Quinn. (I am neither for not against Quinn FTR)

Mugato.jpg

Hansel IS so hot right now.

Because I ask for proof that makes me a Carr Homer? Try a realist. I do not recall Sharper or Glenn calling out Carr at all, let alone before they were released. I may be wrong but let us see the proof. Provide a link and is all I asked and yet have never recieved. I would love to see it, honestly.

Didn't you say the same when I said other teammates had said things and the coaches were looking to trade. After calling me out you were proven wrong. What else are you looking for?

Didn't you say the same when I said other teammates had said things and the coaches were looking to trade. After calling me out you were proven wrong. What else are you looking for?
You have yet to show me any proof at all. Dunta said he did not want it to happen. Moulds made comments after he was released. Where is the proof you possess. Really would like to see it. I would be ok with upgrading the QB position if it is possible. Just do not get where you guys are coming up with this stuff. All I have yet to see is internet gossip.

Since the offseason we have seen at least 100 threads about Carr being "about" or "will" be traded and weeks later he is still here. Hell it may or may not happen, I really don't know, but if you want to get your info from Cold Pizza and run with it the be my guest.

On the "race" aspect, I qualified my statement with the possibility that I am wrong. I never out and out said "He's racist."

If he were, we'd have zero players of any race other than caucasian.

So please spare me the drama on that one.

I said that I shrugged off the poster's comments that says we passed on VY because of race...but I can no longer understand why we'd pass on a bonified, game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making QB such as VY....only to then select David Carr's twin brother.

I'm running out of fresh ideas as to how and why this is all a possibility (drafting Quinn). So; therefore; I have to conclude that McNair likes someone who fits one or more of these qualifications: (1) Someone who looks good to whom he considers to be a target audience, (2) Someone who works out well but hasn't won anything of significance.

All this belly-aching about David Carr and how he "has to go," and now we're actually seeing the same people rationalize that Brady Quinn is different. Listen to yourselves, "Is he an Elway or Montana? Probably not, BUT..."

But NOTHING. In you guys' rush to get rid of David Carr, you're actually OK with the thought of Quinn as our future QB.

That doesn't set us back a year or two, as he sits down to develop, as some of you propose. It sets us back another five years as we stumble and bumble and try to wonder why the great Notre Dame QB named Brady Quinn didn't work out. It's pretty simple: He's just like David Carr.

He looks good.

He works out well.

He has a great work ethic.

Repeat those three things to yourselves, over and over, and tell me who that sounds like.

Looks Good.

Works out well.

Great work ethic.

Same story, different name.

(sigh)

Go Texans (hand over mouth, making that wet fart noise)!
We also passed on Leinart who also has a National championship, Heisman trophy, played in less games than vy, started less games than vy, threw for more yards than vy, one less TD than vy, and finished with a higher QB rating than vy.

Don't always buy into the hype.

Oh, and I don't want Brady either.

totally agree...the guy is as good as gone...enjoy the Arena League forums, Carr fans....don't let door hit you in your arse

If he isn't gone then don't let the door hit your arse and you can enjoy living in Tennesee and then you can have your man love with Vince continue.

You have yet to show me any proof at all. Dunta said he did not want it to happen. Moulds made comments after he was released. Where is the proof you possess. Really would like to see it. I would be ok with upgrading the QB position if it is possible. Just do not get where you guys are coming up with this stuff. All I have yet to see is internet gossip.

Since the offseason we have seen at least 100 threads about Carr being "about" or "will" be traded and weeks later he is still here. Hell it may or may not happen, I really don't know, but if you want to get your info from Cold Pizza and run with it the be my guest.

You are comical. Look at Dunta's argument again

"It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it DOES happen.''

It is a DIRECT quote on national TV that was repeated all over.

Moulds opted out and his statement was his reflection. Why would he throw Carr under the bus when he has nothing to gain by it?He isn't trying to get a new QB with the Texans.

You also said that the trade rumors were b.s. yet failed to acknowledge Rick Smith saying.

"If that includes some type of trade, then we'll entertain that. That does not mean that we're going to do that absolutely, but we'll entertain it. If I'm saying right now and you draw an inference (that Carr might be traded) from that, then you are correct."

Please stop

You are comical. Look at Dunta's argument again

"It's one of those business situation where you hate to see a guy like that go but it's probably best for the team if it DOES happen.''

It is a DIRECT quote on national TV that was repeated all over.

Moulds opted out and his statement was his reflection. Why would he throw Carr under the bus when he has nothing to gain by it?He isn't trying to get a new QB with the Texans.

You also said that the trade rumors were b.s. yet failed to acknowledge Rick Smith saying.

"If that includes some type of trade, then we'll entertain that. That does not mean that we're going to do that absolutely, but we'll entertain it. If I'm saying right now and you draw an inference (that Carr might be traded) from that, then you are correct."

Please stop
First of all he said he would entertain the idea not actually trade him.They may trade him tommorrow or they may not trade him at all.The only ones that know what's going to happen is the front office and Smith.They may even keep him until his contract runs out but who knows? Carr though should just demand a trade anyway because this is not a good situation for him or his family.The one thing in all this is McNair owns the team and not the people of Houston.So what he says goes and maybe much to your disapproval.He is shelling out his money for this.True you buy the tickets but he was the one who brought back the NFL to Houston.Things will become clearer after the draft.

Because I ask for proof that makes me a Carr Homer? Try a realist. I do not recall Sharper or Glenn calling out Carr at all, let alone before they were released. I may be wrong but let us see the proof. Provide a link and is all I asked and yet have never recieved. I would love to see it, honestly.

Sharper remarked that the team needed a leader. And those who didn't believe that he was talking about Carr also didn't believe Dunta Robinson was talking about Carr. He was. So was Sharper.

Sharper remarked that the team needed a leader. And those who didn't believe that he was talking about Carr also didn't believe Dunta Robinson was talking about Carr. He was. So was Sharper.

And we all know where Sharper has landed with how many teams since being traded?

First of all he said he would entertain the idea not actually trade him.They may trade him tommorrow or they may not trade him at all.The only ones that know what's going to happen is the front office and Smith.They may even keep him until his contract runs out but who knows? Carr though should just demand a trade anyway because this is not a good situation for him or his family.The one thing in all this is McNair owns the team and not the people of Houston.So what he says goes and maybe much to your disapproval.He is shelling out his money for this.True you buy the tickets but he was the one who brought back the NFL to Houston.Things will become clearer after the draft.

This is in response to the post by HeroTime that said

"Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away."

Entertaining offers and asking what they can get for a guy is shopping. People can cut anyway they want.

And we all know where Sharper has landed with how many teams since being traded?

He is also a guy who was on a chamionship team that knew how to win. Here is what I don't get. When a person makes arguments as why the team is better off moving on without Carr people say.."Kubiak know best" or "only the players know what goes in inside the locker room." Yet when players come out and say a player isn't the leader they need people shoot the messenger?Wouldn't they know more than anyone what is going on?Guys on the team and ones who have left have said the EXACT same thing everytime. So why would a person want that person on the team if it is causing the TEAM to splinter. If you think this is all isolated, you haven't played team sports.

This is in response to the post by HeroTime that said

"Also where are the links from the organization that they are shopping Carr? They have said 2 things in realtion to Carr. 1. We are trying to get a veteran in to challenge him. 2. Amidst all the internet rumors they said a couple of teams called and they told them they will not give him away."

Entertaining offers and asking what they can get for a guy is shopping. People can cut anyway they want.

In other words we still don't know what they are going to do.

In other words we still don't know what they are going to do.

OK. But if a guy is your starter and you are committed would you be shopping him and coming out and saying he is gone for the right offer?That is the reality, no matter the spin. A guy who is leading the team and YOUR guy isn't bait and usually has the team saying, "no thanks."

His knee went south on him in Seattle in '05. Of course he isn't in high demand now.

Don't be hatin' on my man Jamie or my #55 bobblehead will send bad vibes you way. :joker:

This post was really slipping....its Sunday morning, I lost an hour of sleep, my pregnant wife is asking me a bunch of questions I can't answer and I thought I'd find refuge in this thread.

This post was really slipping....its Sunday morning, I lost an hour of sleep, my pregnant wife is asking me a bunch of questions I can't answer and I thought I'd find refuge in this thread.

You must be newly married b/c my wife is always asking my questions I can't answer.

I'm still looking for some validity to this thread. I haven't seen anything anywhere to support the trade talk, but you guys have managed to put 48 pages together on another Carr Hate thread.

I thought Aaron Brooks Hater threads were bad when I was the Saints Mod, but this has that beat by a mile.

Other than Cold Pizza, where is there anything to support this trade talk?

Speaking just for myself: I would have ignored it if the banner change didn't happen. Sure it's possible Vinny or somebody is just a jerk and messing around to please their own ego. But taking down the image of the QB is kinda like watching someone knock over a statue of Lenin.

I wonder who will actually get to post that 1000th post on this tread, i mean hell i know everyones posted something gotta feel obligated to post and be somewhat there. Is there some kind of contest that once we hit a 1000 Carr is traded or does the person who does get it right on the money get happymeal with a chance to super size it?
just a few questions

Good to know, thanks!

Frog, my wife is pregnant too. Due in a couple of weeks. Good luck to you and yours.

Unsolicited advice: do stuff around the house like the dishes, cooking, and prepping that nursery. Your wife will notice. She might not say anything, but she will notice.

I'm still looking for some validity to this thread. I haven't seen anything anywhere to support the trade talk, but you guys have managed to put 48 pages together on another Carr Hate thread.

I thought Aaron Brooks Hater threads were bad when I was the Saints Mod, but this has that beat by a mile.

Other than Cold Pizza, where is there anything to support this trade talk?

There isn't any.... but, just the possibility of management beginning to right the ship is enough to prompt 48 pages and counting. I can't wait until we land another "big time" free agent like perhaps Cooper Carlisle or Jeff Zgonina so we have something real to celebrate. :jk:

Frog, my wife is pregnant too. Due in a couple of weeks. Good luck to you and yours.

Unsolicited advice: do stuff around the house like the dishes, cooking, and prepping that nursery. Your wife will notice. She might not say anything, but she will notice.

Hey, congrats and it must be exciting to be so close.

We are 4 months in and find out what we are having on the 22nd.

Thanks for the advice. I've been doing alot of that...especially when she was tired and not feeling so well. It is better now though.

Again, good luck on the impending kiddo.

P.S.--Nice Avatar

To do list upon waking up in the morning:

Turn on laptop
Grab beverage
Turn on TMNT (for my son, right...)
Check if DC hass been traded, he has not
Post #963, trying to reach 1000.

We better get more picks for the draft because obviously we havent done squat in Free Agency. So if we do trade him it better be for some more picks. This offseason has me wondering though seems like we are kind of screwed.....we will see in September though.

so what do you propose, except for trashing Carr? draft somebody else...wait until next year...try to lure Plummer from his "retirement?" i'd love to hear something other than carr + 5 years = quinn.

BTW-- i'm pretty sure tom brady wasnt going to work out for NE when he was drafted in the 6th round, and last time i checked you have exaclty zero experience as coach, executive, or scout on the professional. your "pretty sure" opinion means exactly nothing.

i'm waiting for something...

Tom Brady was a NO-NAME. Was he even the star in college, with all the hoopla that engulfs Quinn right now? I don't recall that he was "the man."

I recall that Tom Brady went up to Mr. Kraft, early one morning outside the facility, and said "You won't regret drafting me. I am going to make you a helluva' QB."

This is coming from a guy (Tom Brady) that had ZERO hype, nobody knew him, nobody knew he had been drafted--He felt the need to let Kraft know that he is more than a late round draft pick...he wanted to say, "I can do it.". Tom Brady wasn't flaunted on all the TV shows, nobody handed him the QB spot on a silver platter like Brady Carr is getting. So the comparison of Tom Brady is very weak guys. Bring something better than that or don't bring it all. That's weaker than my mother-in-laws iced tea. You can do better than that. Put some effort into it, please.

One last thing: Two of you have called me "stupid," and have said that I don't have a right to my opinion because I am not a coach or exec or whatever. Who are YOU? We all have opinions--this is what the board is for--so I suggest you re-read the sticky on BEHAVIOR so that you will see that we should all try and stay on-topicinstead of resorting to name-calling.

Of course, one of the surest signs that a guy knows he's losing the argument is that he no longer engages in the actual battle that's held withing the arena of ideas....he resorts to NAME CALLING.

What's next guys? Telling me mama's fat? I guess some people never leave junior high.

I've repectfully said that I don't think Brady Carr is what he's been made out to be. I don't resort to saying that people are stupid if they don't agree with me. You can infer it all you want, but I don't come and say "You're stupid for liking Brady Quinn."

I have my opinion, and it counts as much as yours--Zero.

So let's get on with exchanging these ideas, OK?

Tell me how Brady Quinn can finish what you guys say David Carr couldn't. Tell me how. I'd like to know.

Cuz at the end of the day, the two guys are mirror images of one another:

1.) Looks great.

2.) Works out great.

3.) Has a great work ethic.

Nobody here has excused David Carr for his lack of game-changing ability just because he can do all of those three things I just mentioned. So tell me why we'll let ANOTHER version of the same player to come here and be "the man" when he's proven that he does not have it within him to make everyone around him better...or to even just take the whole SEASON onto his shoulders like VY did. VY took that team over, and said "Just enjoy the ride." And he came through. UT had a great defense, and you guys are saying that Brady Quinn did NOT have a great defense to help him out...well, guess what: We don't have a great defense, either. So how does Brady do for us what he cannot do for ND?

You're on the clock, unless you want to take pot shots at me some more. I'm asking for EVIDENCE. I'm asking for ideas. I'm asking for thoughts and feelings. I'm asking for (GASP!) opinions.

All I see is pot shots at me.

Brady Quinn is not this team's answer to the QB problem.

Okay, here I go having to set you guys straight again on this situation.

Obviously what happened was that the Front Office "leaked" information on a possible trade of David Carr to a source that was stupid enough to beleive and spread the word around to everybody else. Why did they do this? For a couple of reasons:

1. The David Carr Trade Talk was dead. No teams were interested at this point to talk a trade and teams were losing interest. Sure, teams were still interested, but nobody was giving serious offers. If the free agent market heating up and QBs switching teams and teams strenghts and weaknesses changing, the front office decided that if they were going to trade David, that this was the time and not near draft day.

2. They set up a market. The reported deal was the David would be traded to Washington in a swap of first round draft picks; #8 for #6. That is the equivalent of a 3rd round draft choice. Now, the Texans have established a price on which it will cost to get David Carr, a third round draft choice at minimum.

All it is is just old GM tricks to get a good trade done for a player they don't really want anymore and they don't think they will get good value for. I wouldn't expect a trade for a least a few more days if not a week or two if it is even going to happen at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back