Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Status
Not open for further replies.
would you want the guy if you were a GM? bad QB play and a horrible contract. not exactly the type of deal you make if you want to keep your job. he is a bum and its not exactly a secret around the league thus the lack of interest.

the day the bum is driven out of town will be the day the Texans take their first steps towards respectability

Wow 2nd you call him more names than anyone on this board. Your hatred is beyond comprehention. If you do not like him as a QB fine and if you want someone else fine but you take it to the level of a 5th grader with the name calling.

Sometimes you have good points but try and do it without the name calling, and also remember it is just your opinion and you are intitled to it, just as I am intitled to mine.

No idea what happened to it.

But, I had a post yesterday that I got from the Redskins forum. Houston has been speaking with them about a swap #8 for #6(they get a 3rder i belive also). To allow Houston to get Quinn, however maybe it wouldn't be Quinn. Still, they didn't say a word about moving Carr in the post. And it came from the GM of the Redskins and was reported on ESPN.com as well.

no, that was never the rumor. The rumor started with Pascherelli(sp) saying we have a gentlemans agreement with Washington to trade up if Quinn was available. no details of the cost to trade with Washington.

Wrong, I posted it lastnight, but it vanished. Washington has spoke to Houston, and will trade the #8 for #6...and we give a 3rder up. CARR isn't involved in this deal. And the deal is to get Quinn OR whoever the real target is. Houston feels he won't last past #6. So, do the math and see who you feel it is. At #6, alot of guys will be around.

DL, OL, TE, RB, QB All have been mentioned as OUR choice. I still see us taking an OL/DL or AP if we can...then getting Stanton or Kolb later.

Carr will start, and if he messes up...either Sage or the rookie will play. Then they cut Carr after the season.

This isn't just a Redskins message board topic either. It cam from ESPN.com(I posted the link lastnight) and the article is from the Skins GM.

you're right.. we should take the money that we WOULD have paid a QB..and invest it in a Time Machine.

The only thing more annoying than nails on a chalkboard, is whiny people who cant let go of the past... they just wanna sit and say "why didnt we! why didnt we! why didnt we!"..

just.. god.. go sit in a corner somewhere and cry about it for 15 years.

Pot is not your friend.. it has made you into a raging retard.

That's fine, but they blew the draft by skipping Reggie Bush too.. And I sure as hell wished there was a time machine just like most people on here do.. Everyone knew, EVERYONE, that Carr was a bust.. What the hell did he ever do in College? Please tell me... He never won the big game or a game that meant something..

Nice childish remark, are you still in junior high? Try to stick to the topic at hand if that's possible.. I really don't need someone to act like a kid..

Id rather throw our season with someone with potential (carr) than throw it with somoene with none (rosenfels)

why do you think carr has potential? because he was drafted #1 by Asserley? what has carr shown in 5 years to make you believe he has potential....its like some of you dont even watch the games....

JUST BECAUSE HE WAS DRAFTED #1 OVERALL DOESNT MEAN HE IS GOOD!!!!

It just mind boggling that the longest thread in MB history is over a stupid rumor about a trade, which anyone with a lick of sense would tell you that it would be totally moronic to make until the day of the draft.

But I guess if you're going buy anything that Len Pasquarelli sells, that would explain everything.:crazy: :gun:

If you give a starving man some crumbs of bread, I think it would be the best tasting thing he had ever eaten.

A lot of Texans fans want to see Carr gone. I don’t honestly believe that some people can continue to support a QB that over the last 10 games of the season had the same amount of TD passes as illegal forward pass penalties; without have some other agenda.

I think the rumor is far fetched and not very believable, but I will gladly listen to anything that gives me hope that Carr is not our QB next year.

You misunderstand, I was referring to Honeymoon's attack of people who aren't from Texas, and the hope they would be gone after Carr is traded. Nothing to do with Carr as a player.

There are a lot of people on this message board that are from other states and countries that, for some bizarre reason, like the Texans, and not b/c of one player.

I welcome all of them and hope they get some Texan gear and were it around there home town.

Go Texans!

if you are still supporting Carr after this 5 year trainwreck you are a Carr fan not a Texans fan. Chances are also you are either a member of his family, congregation, or from California. So hoping Carr fans leave this board once he is discarded is an attack? believe me, i have attacked no one who posts on this board. criticized maybe.

I have never, ever, ever, in over 1600 posts been irate, annoyed, and yelled at my computer than what your post just made me do.

I am from, born, raised, and lived my entire life, in Houston Texas.

Your not even a true Texan, your from Dallas which makes you pretty close to being an Oklahoman. And I say that with great sarcasm.

Don't care about the Texans. RRRRRRRRRRRRR. Your lucky this is a family MB.

please cry more

Wrong, I posted it lastnight, but it vanished. Washington has spoke to Houston, and will trade the #8 for #6...and we give a 3rder up. CARR isn't involved in this deal. And the deal is to get Quinn OR whoever the real target is. Houston feels he won't last past #6. So, do the math and see who you feel it is. At #6, alot of guys will be around.

??

My point was that Carr was not being rumored to be traded to Washington. That's it, you've just backed me up.

Wow 2nd you call him more names than anyone on this board. Your hatred is beyond comprehention. If you do not like him as a QB fine and if you want someone else fine but you take it to the level of a 5th grader with the name calling.

Sometimes you have good points but try and do it without the name calling, and also remember it is just your opinion and you are intitled to it, just as I am intitled to mine.

he is a bum. its a pretty innocuous word imho. and btw i dont hate david carr, i hate david carr playing for the Texans because he is a bum and he sucks.

Further proof McClain is a PITA owner. Letting this Carr crap drag on this long is ridiculous. It just goes to show how dangerous it is drafting a guy who plays great but is just limited by his physical tools. David Carr will go down as a poor man's version of I dunno, Jim Zorn or Davey Krieg or one of those gamer little guys who teased you and cuckolded management on potential for the better part of a decade. In the end, they were huge disappointments and a waste of time for the fans and franchise. David Carr, as I said, is a poor man's version of this dreck.

Further proof McClain is a PITA owner. Letting this Carr crap drag on this long is ridiculous. It just goes to show how dangerous it is drafting a guy who plays great but is just limited by his physical tools. David Carr will go down as a poor man's version of I dunno, Jim Zorn or Davey Krieg or one of those gamer little guys who teased you and cuckolded management on potential for the better part of a decade. In the end, they were huge disappointments and a waste of time for the fans and franchise. David Carr, as I said, is a poor man's version of this dreck.

Thanks Vince.:dontknowa

??

My point was that Carr was not being rumored to be traded to Washington. That's it, you've just backed me up.

Sorry quoted the wrong post. But, yea no mention of Carr in a draft day trade w/ Washington.

Face it kiddies, Carr isn't going anywhere unless he smells up the practice feild during training camp. It will be a battle of him and the rookie(likely Kolb as it seems to indicate)I hope Stanton , with Sage as #2. Don't be fooled into thinking Sage will start. He just isn't starter material unless it's the CFL or Arena...NFL Europe maybe.

Matter fact, they should of sent Carr to Europe to play some with a decent line to get over the fear of eating turf 10 times a game. Have him play say 4 games and then return.

Sage and a rookie won't beat Carr out in practice. So, it's his job to loose during the season. That we all should know as everyone(even Carr doubters on the team...see DR), in practice he is Manning. He will have to loose the job under a real game situation to loose it.

killermonkies.jpg

reminds me of this thread.

Breaking News!

David Carr left McDonalds today halfway through his shift after only completing 3 of 17 orders correctly, dropping 3 milkshakes (for spills) and giving 2 orders to the wrong people. At the point he left his shift, he earned a 0.0 McRating. The daytime supervisor will definitely have a lot to consider in making the shift plan for the following week, as David has left him little choice. On a related note, McDonalds has just hired a 15 year old high-schooler from the local area and a 45 year old man who has several years of experience at Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and, most recently, KFC to supplant the floundering McCarr. David has showed no poise behind the counter....often staring at the customer from the moment they walk in the door and sometimes tripping over fellow employees. It has been noted that his mechanics are flawed as well, as he pats the burger several times before giving to the customer.

:zzz: ..........

Breaking News!

David Carr left McDonalds today halfway through his shift after only completing 3 of 17 orders correctly, dropping 3 milkshakes (for spills) and giving 2 orders to the wrong people. At the point he left his shift, he earned a 0.0 McRating. The daytime supervisor will definitely have a lot to consider in making the shift plan for the following week, as David has left him little choice. On a related note, McDonalds has just hired a 15 year old high-schooler from the local area and a 45 year old man who has several years of experience at Burger King, Wendy's, Taco Bell and, most recently, KFC to supplant the floundering McCarr. David has showed no poise behind the counter....often staring at the customer from the moment they walk in the door and sometimes tripping over fellow employees. It has been noted that his mechanics are flawed as well, as he pats the burger several times before giving to the customer.

If you had ever worked a Burger King drive through during the Old Town Spring Crawfish Fest you would not think this post is that funny.

I am having flashbacks.

if you are still supporting Carr after this 5 year trainwreck you are a Carr fan not a Texans fan. Chances are also you are either a member of his family, congregation, or from California. So hoping Carr fans leave this board once he is discarded is an attack? believe me, i have attacked no one who posts on this board. criticized maybe.

He is still on the team so I support him. Heck I support Curry Burns because he is on the team.

PIYF said:
That's fine, but they blew the draft by skipping Reggie Bush too.. And I sure as hell wished there was a time machine just like most people on here do.. Everyone knew, EVERYONE, that Carr was a bust.. What the hell did he ever do in College? Please tell me... He never won the big game or a game that meant something..

Nice childish remark, are you still in junior high? Try to stick to the topic at hand if that's possible.. I really don't need someone to act like a kid..

Is it not acting childish by whinning, crying and complaining about something that is almost a year old and you can do nothing to change it. As far as you saying everyone knew, why is it that other teams are interrested in him? Why is it that individuals all told McNair that Carr will produce given protection and actually a decent #2 WR and a TE plus with an actual running game. This is starting to add up to a lot of people who did not know Carr was a bust. Maybe it is the drugs that make you think you know exactly what everyone is thinking.

Is it not acting childish by whinning, crying and complaining about something that is almost a year old and you can do nothing to change it. As far as you saying everyone knew, why is it that other teams are interrested in him? Why is it that individuals all told McNair that Carr will produce given protection and actually a decent #2 WR and a TE plus with an actual running game. This is starting to add up to a lot of people who did not know Carr was a bust. Maybe it is the drugs that make you think you know exactly what everyone is thinking.

saying carr was a worthwhile reclaimation project was part and parcel of taking the Texans jobs. those incoming candidates opinions arent worth squat due to this. it's obvious Kubes opinion changed in little more than 9 months.....

saying carr was a worthwhile reclaimation project was part and parcel of taking the Texans jobs. those incoming candidates opinions arent worth squat due to this. it's obvious Kubes opinion changed in little more than 9 months.....

I do not think it was a prerequsit for anyone getting the Texans job to say Carr was worth it. I honestly believe that they thought he was. The reason that there are QB bust in the NFL is because no matter how much game film and interviews you have with someone there is only one way of fully knowing what you have is to see it in action.

Now, I still do not believe Carr is a bust. I do feel under Casserly the organization not only failed Carr but also other teammates that have been here by not drafting better and actually getting better players at key positions like the O-line. With this said I do believe it is time to make a change at the QB position and for Carr to continue his career else where.

You know I have resisted this thread until now but I'm bored. Keep in mind this is just my opinion and it's like an *****#)!e, everybody has one.

I don't know if #8 will be on the roster in 07. That's left up to the FO because they make the big bucks. This being said...

I'm not sold on Quinn. Something about him just makes me leery of him. I can't put a finger on it. Maybe it's the X factor of not winning the big one.

Kolb- I dunno. My brain tells me that the love he gets on this board stems from him being out of UofH. I have to admit, I have not seen him play and I don't know how mobile he is. Can someone enlighten me? Can he move or is he another Bledsoe with a more accurate arm?

Stanton- Know nothing about him except what has been said on this board.

Carr- Well. I have had his back for 5 years. I have to say I was disappointed in him in 06. I though the QB guru could turn him around but now I have my doubts. Maybe the kid is just too shell shocked. A fresh start somewhere may do him some good and be good for the Texans in return. I really like the guy and his durability. There may be too much bad blood in Houston for him anymore. If he is somewhere else in 07, I will root for him.

Texans QB in 07: Be it Carr, Plummer, Rosenfels, Porter, Van Pelt, Quinn, Kolb, Stanton or the kid down the street from me. Whoever, is in steel blue under center for the Texans in 07 will get my 100% support. Because, well they will be the QB of my team. I will back them and cheer them on.

Because I am a Texan 1st, and an eternal optimist.:texan:

Who do I bill? I just read this entire thread and am upset I took that amount of time away from my kids to read what turned out to be if Carr is great or not, and why he should start..

McClain doesn't own anything. He's a beat writer for the Houston Chronicle.

If you want to pretend to be a Texans fan, you kinda gotta get the basic sh1t right.

I have absolutely nothing of value to add to this thread (does that put me in the majority?) but I wanted to post just because its been very entertaining and I want to be part of the crowd.

There's a famous quote that is distributed to employees of a company whenever a layoff rumor starts going around, and it should apply here . .

The ones that are talking, don't know, and the ones that know, ain't talking.

We're 6 weeks out and I'm sure Rick knows to get max value he'll have to get teams excited about Carr. Depending on what teams they're targeting they'll have to manipulate the available talent to persuade the potential suitors that DC is a better choice. OAK seems the perfect spot for the DC reclamation project to start. If OAK will give us a 3rd this year, we can use that pick to help us barter for AP.

I'm still not completely convinced that Carr won't be in our training camp come August, contrary to popular opinions or desires.

The situation is twofold: what team is going to offer the value that our FO has established as the deal maker, and secondly, what available QB is going to be an upgrade? I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

Build a team and minimize the impact of the QB's importance in the offense. Basically, run it down the opponent's throats and protect leads with dominant defense. Teams have won championships with this plan of attack and solid [dare I say] execution. :victory:

We're 6 weeks out and I'm sure Rick knows to get max value he'll have to get teams excited about Carr. Depending on what teams they're targeting they'll have to manipulate the available talent to persuade the potential suitors that DC is a better choice. OAK seems the perfect spot for the DC reclamation project to start. If OAK will give us a 3rd this year, we can use that pick to help us barter for AP.

PSSSSSSSSST...

We already have an agreement with Washington for the #6 spot for a 3rd round pick. And with what has happened in the last 2 days...#6 should get us AP. But, they will take Quinn...and see another WE NEED A QB in a year max. Reports from everywhere in the NFL.

I'm still not completely convinced that Carr won't be in our training camp come August, contrary to popular opinions or desires.

The situation is twofold: what team is going to offer the value that our FO has established as the deal maker, and secondly, what available QB is going to be an upgrade? I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

Build a team and minimize the impact of the QB's importance in the offense. Basically, run it down the opponent's throats and protect leads with dominant defense. Teams have won championships with this plan of attack and solid [dare I say] execution. :victory:

Carr will be here starting atleast 3 games. If he pulls it together, QB trouble over, if not they bench him and start Sage or a rookie till 2008 draft. I do not see a QB being taken, at 6 or 8. I belive the deal is legit for the #6 pick and I belive it will be AP or an OL/DL player.

IF we grab a QB watch it be Kolb or Stanton come RD 2-4. If half(and it looks like more) aren't sold on Quinn. You can bet half the FO feels the same, but also bet they DO FEEL AP would provide impact from day 1.

I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place. Has anyone seen any paperwork on Plummer? Was the press conference a part of a well thought out plan?

I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place.

That's why there's nothing to it. IF it was actually discussed between the two teams, if it leaked out, it would instantly kill the deal.

No need to lock in my opinion. When the market speaks vociferously and with volume and velocity it leaves a lasting footprint to be considered. Save for about four or five lemmings that will care less about the Texans (much like our QB) when Carr is gone.

I can't not wait to get the stink of softness off of this team.

I guess I just don't believe the Texans would leak information that could help another team to move ahead of the #6 pick if they didn't have another plan in place. Has anyone seen any paperwork on Plummer? Was the press conference a part of a well thought out plan?

They wouldn't leak it unless it was untrue and they could benefit. I can't see where they would benefit, so I assume another team leaked false information for their own gain.

Still no paperwork from Plummer. That press conference seemed designed to get Tampa to hurry up and do something.

I don't think we should take the cap hit for an ABC mentality ("anyone but Carr") if we end up with someone that is not better at the position.

We take a cap hit either way. Whether he plays, or doesn't.

If he Plays, we take a $7.75million cap hit.

If he doesn't, we take a $2million cap hit.

I'll take the $2million hit, and replace his mediocre play, with a guy we payed $2million last year to ride the bench. Sage is going to get $2million this year, whether he plays or watches... I'd rather he plays. Upgrade over Carr or not, it's worth it, to me, to move on.

Draft Quinn in the first, Draft Stanton in the second, Draft Kolb in the third... I don't care... but this team has been beating this dead horse for three years now.

I feel the opposite - even though they don't seem to be close to a solution, the Texans have painted themselves into a corner. Their very public lack of confidence in David during the off-season would likely influence his own confidence during the 2007 season if he were to stay.

IMO, if they don't upgrade (meaning similar talent, not performance) - they won't take a cap hit. The Texans save $3.75 million on the cap if they cut David. I assume paying a new QB more than $3.75 million this year means that it will be an upgrade.

That's great, except that teams that do that can't waste $7.5 million of cap space per year on the QB. That money needs to go elsewhere.

My point was that QB75, Hulk75, and every other fan who thinks we should continue to start David Carr is not a Houston Texans fan, and are in fact David Carr fans... Most of them are also from the state of California. Since your location isn't displayed, I'd bet that you are also from the sunshine state, and care more about the David Carr succeeding, than the Texans succeeding...
Three things I'd like to point out:

1. Florida is the Sunshine State.

2. California is the Golden State.

3. Any all-inclusive generalization of a group of people is a great way to make any arguments that follow seem shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back