Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Cold Pizza just reported a source says CARR WILL BE TRADED

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last thing: Two of you have called me "stupid," and have said that I don't have a right to my opinion because I am not a coach or exec or whatever. Who are YOU? We all have opinions--this is what the board is for--so I suggest you re-read the sticky on BEHAVIOR so that you will see that we should all try and stay on-topicinstead of resorting to name-calling.

Of course, one of the surest signs that a guy knows he's losing the argument is that he no longer engages in the actual battle that's held withing the arena of ideas....he resorts to NAME CALLING.

What's next guys? Telling me mama's fat? I guess some people never leave junior high.

I've repectfully said that I don't think Brady Carr is what he's been made out to be. I don't resort to saying that people are stupid if they don't agree with me. You can infer it all you want, but I don't come and say "You're stupid for liking Brady Quinn."

I have my opinion, and it counts as much as yours--Zero.

So let's get on with exchanging these ideas, OK?

Tell me how Brady Quinn can finish what you guys say David Carr couldn't. Tell me how. I'd like to know.

Cuz at the end of the day, the two guys are mirror images of one another:

1.) Looks great.

2.) Works out great.

3.) Has a great work ethic.

Nobody here has excused David Carr for his lack of game-changing ability just because he can do all of those three things I just mentioned. So tell me why we'll let ANOTHER version of the same player to come here and be "the man" when he's proven that he does not have it within him to make everyone around him better...or to even just take the whole SEASON onto his shoulders like VY did. VY took that team over, and said "Just enjoy the ride." And he came through. UT had a great defense, and you guys are saying that Brady Quinn did NOT have a great defense to help him out...well, guess what: We don't have a great defense, either. So how does Brady do for us what he cannot do for ND?

You're on the clock, unless you want to take pot shots at me some more. I'm asking for EVIDENCE. I'm asking for ideas. I'm asking for thoughts and feelings. I'm asking for (GASP!) opinions.

All I see is pot shots at me.

Brady Quinn is not this team's answer to the QB problem.

My post was deleted but I am one of the people who called you stupid, not for having an opinion but for the opinion you expressed. Yeah ok the mods were not happy I called you that but oh well worse has been said on this board and not deleted. You said

>> Good Looking
>> works out great
>> Great Work ethic

You were saying that you do not want Quinn because he woud be another Carr. Seriously, I thought that is what you look for in a QB Work Ethic and Great Workouts? Do you want someone who does not have any of that? Jerry Rice became the greatest WR ever because of his work thic, Carlos Rogers is where now because of his work ethic? Of course I am not talking about looks but from a few posters that is becoming a huge issue about BQ because he is a so-called "pretty boy". Are yall affraid if Brady comes to Houston he will take your girl? His looks have nothing to do with how good a QB is, it is the physical tools, mental learning ability, and the drive to have a strong work ethic to always get better.

Honestly, no one will be able to argue with you because no matter who the Texans draft it will not be VY. Granted Carr has not worked out but there are many factors to why that is .... Bad Coaching, bad drafts by a GM and his own inability to learn Kubiaks system. By your whole argument they look like one another, you would not want Peyton Manning if he has in the draft because he is not VY and since the organization made a mistake (in somes opinon) by not drafting him they should never take another QB that works out great and has a strong work ethic. Maybe it would be ok if he was uglier than Phyllis Diller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phyllis_diller_2-25-2007.jpg

You are way to hung up on the looks of Brady Quinn and David Carr.

bump.

we gotta get this thread to 1,000. Today.

this would be funny: we get it to 999, and the mods lock it up!

So if we get BBQ, will local stations broadcast him getting a haircut?

no just laura quinn

p1_quinn.jpg

We are offically streching it out here, lol. Topic of the hour: BBQ's not so hot sister.

ew dude. that's his sister.

if there were ever a nuclear attack, i htink i'd take shelter beneath her massive jaw.

I would imagine it hurts to give birth to a jaw like that...

We are offically streching it out here, lol. Topic of the hour: BBQ's not so hot sister.

I would imagine it hurts to give birth to a jaw like that...

Lol.. I never thought if it that way, but it might. I always thought giving birth to something with hoofs would hurt.

Geez, just giving birth to my sons about killed me.

Lol.. I never thought if it that way, but it might. I always thought giving birth to something with hoofs would hurt.

Geez, just giving birth to my sons about killed me.

Ohh, your busted. What happened to no posting? :elmo:

Glad you came back around to the dark side.

Ohh, your busted. What happened to no posting? :elmo:

Glad you came back around to the dark side.

I know. I broke my word but there's been some mighty funny posts here.

My birth analogy, pushing something the size of a watermelon out the size of a lemon.

It ain't pretty.

I know. I broke my word but there's been some mighty funny posts here.

My birth analogy, pushing something the size of a watermelon out the size of a lemon.

It ain't pretty.

I was there for the birth of my son. Let me just say its not pretty. Its a beautiful life altering moment, but its not pretty. Almost passed out. Me and blood and goo do not get along well.

I was there for the birth of my son. Let me just say its not pretty. Its a beautiful life altering moment, but its not pretty. Almost passed out. Me and blood and goo do not get along well.

No kids of my own but I have gone through the child birth twice once with a friend who chose the wrong guy and he was no where to be found that day.

The other was with my sister, I was not watching the birthing with her just doing the whole breath crap.

I didn't watch either and I had to be there.

It is a life altering moment for sure. I'm so glad to have them.

My oldest will be a senior next year and wants to be a computer engineer. My little one is a sports nut.

My post was deleted but I am one of the people who called you stupid, not for having an opinion but for the opinion you expressed. Yeah ok the mods were not happy I called you that but oh well worse has been said on this board and not deleted. You said

>> Good Looking
>> works out great
>> Great Work ethic

You were saying that you do not want Quinn because he woud be another Carr. Seriously, I thought that is what you look for in a QB Work Ethic and Great Workouts? Do you want someone who does not have any of that? Jerry Rice became the greatest WR ever because of his work thic, Carlos Rogers is where now because of his work ethic? Of course I am not talking about looks but from a few posters that is becoming a huge issue about BQ because he is a so-called "pretty boy". Are yall affraid if Brady comes to Houston he will take your girl? His looks have nothing to do with how good a QB is, it is the physical tools, mental learning ability, and the drive to have a strong work ethic to always get better.

Honestly, no one will be able to argue with you because no matter who the Texans draft it will not be VY. Granted Carr has not worked out but there are many factors to why that is .... Bad Coaching, bad drafts by a GM and his own inability to learn Kubiaks system. By your whole argument they look like one another, you would not want Peyton Manning if he has in the draft because he is not VY and since the organization made a mistake (in somes opinon) by not drafting him they should never take another QB that works out great and has a strong work ethic. Maybe it would be ok if he was uglier than Phyllis Diller

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phyllis_diller_2-25-2007.jpg

You are way to hung up on the looks of Brady Quinn and David Carr.

No, I am hung up on the FACT that Brady Quinn has not been a game-changing, national championship winning, highlight reel making, big time performing QB on a big time stage.

If he did all that, I'd be sold "hook, line and sinker." I would be wearing a Brady Quinn jersey right now, and I mean that. I would.

But it's far too late for this team to pick a QB this high. They had their chances. Time to move on.

The only way they make complete atonement is to somehow acquire Adrian Peterson to give this team a bonified RB.

I feel very strongly that Brady Quinn is being judged on looks (How he looks, how he works out, and how he trains). It's eerily silent when someone such as myself says, "But where has he altered the team's season and taken them to the top?"

It goes back to his potential and his workouts, to his training...all the things that might be important but do not automatically equal success: It's David Carr, frankly.

Asking to get rid of David Carr in exchange for Brady Quinn is not the best answer here. After time, as the Brady Quinn spotlight yields to another player who will be in the spotlight on all the TV shows, a lot of people will settle down and realize that Quinn is not the answer to the Texans QB issue.

How many SB winning QB's have been?

It's about WHERE you draft a QB.

NO way you draft Quinn that high.

Look at the QBs drafted who have been successful: A lot of them at the END of the draft.

Quinn does not suck. But he is not worthy of a Top 10 pick in this year's draft. Too many stars at other positions.

It's about WHERE you draft a QB.

NO way you draft Quinn that high.

Look at the QBs drafted who have been successful: A lot of them at the END of the draft.

Quinn does not suck. But he is not worthy of a Top 10 pick in this year's draft. Too many stars at other positions.

1000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back