Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Case Keenum - Fan Pulse Check [UPDATE] Rams claim Case on waivers

Barring injuries, what is Keenum's future as a Texan this season?

• Total voters
Yes, Keenum was better. he was 3/5 for about 30 yards
with no INT's or sacks.

But it wouldn't have mattered if you had Manning back there.
The o-line pass blocking and entire offensive gameplan was
a dumpster fire.

That's why shitzpatrick threw 2 picks (under pressure) and
Savage got folded into a pretzel for a safety

To be fair, that was a blitz up 30 in a preseason game with 1:30 left and the RB didn't touch him. Hard to fault Savage on it.

How do you even know if the other two are turd sandwiches when we didn't even have enough time to break out the bread? As far as a evaluation process, this game was a complete waste of time regarding both Keenum and Savage... Fitzpatrick, not so much.. He sucks.

Seriously, given the time of possession and penalties, did the other two even play.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I saw as well. I wonder what our offense would look like with a decent line in front of it?

You throw the ball at your RB's feet and get out of the play
without getting clobbered..

He got hurt on the play, if we start the season with our
3rd QB on IR (God forbid) it's going to make last year
look appealing

To be fair, that was a blitz up 30 in a preseason game with 1:30 left and the RB didn't touch him. Hard to fault Savage on it.

Yes, Keenum was better. he was 3/5 for about 30 yards
with no INT's or sacks.

But it wouldn't have mattered if you had Manning back there.
The o-line pass blocking and entire offensive gameplan was
a dumpster fire.

That's why shitzpatrick threw 2 picks (under pressure) and
Savage got folded into a pretzel for a safety

Let's not kid ourselves here, Pickspatrick had another 2 that should've been picked also. I hope he continues to fall on his face, the sooner he does, the quicker this team can move on. Another performance like this and the starting position will be up for grabs by week 3.. of the preseason.

Keenum did hit his targets on the two that weren't complete. Can't put it on him that siht receivers can't catch. Savage had spark. Too bad his oline was giving up 5+ yards before they ever made contact with a red shirt. Would have been nice to see a bit of what he may have.

Bitchpatrick was just himself...exactly why he's bounced all over the league. Surely he wasn't really a surprise to anyone.

You throw the ball at your RB's feet and get out of the play
without getting clobbered..

He got hurt on the play, if we start the season with our
3rd QB on IR (God forbid) it's going to make last year
look appealing

Geez, I've seen Keenum do the exact same play multiple times last year to say Keenum did better because he didn't do it on his five passing attempts tonight.

How do you even know if the other two are turd sandwiches when we didn't even have enough time to break out the bread? As far as a evaluation process, this game was a complete waste of time regarding both Keenum and Savage... Fitzpatrick, not so much.. He sucks.

Seriously, given the time of possession and penalties, did the other two even play.

Savage I'll give you, however no one is expecting him to set the world on fire in this offense. The other two are already known turds. I would've liked to see Savage play the 2nd half.

U didnt really get to see much of anything from anyone other than fitz....cant make a judgement on the other 2 right now..

Keenum had to deal with 5 penalties during his first 6 snaps.
2 were 15 yarders.

That, and the fact that he didn't give up a sack or turnover
is why I graded him higher...

It's hard to judge any of the QB's (except for shitzpatrick) because
no one could get into a rhythm.

That's what happens when your defense can't get off the field.

Geez, I've seen Keenum do the exact same play multiple times last year to say Keenum did better because he didn't do it on his five passing attempts tonight.

Savage I'll give you, however no one is expecting him to set the world on fire in this offense. The other two are already known turds. I would've liked to see Savage play the 2nd half.

Again, I have to disagree.. Keenum isn't a known turd either. He was basically a rookie last season, so I would like to see the growth he might have now (this game didn't afford us to see that) so I can't call him a "known turd" (do we just discredit the good things he flashed his first season?) Keenum unlike Fitzpatrick actually has a chance and a possibility to grow and improve. Ryan, what you see is what you get.. He sucks.

Also nobody knows what to expect out of Savage yet (good or bad), the only thing we do know for sure is that Fitzpatrick sucks, because on multiple teams and in multiple systems he's already proven that. The other two are still young and their book isn't written yet.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I saw as well. I wonder what our offense would look like with a decent line in front of it?
I said they should have drafted Matthews or Robinson and everyone (almost) thought I was nuts....
but what's done is done.

Again, I have to disagree.. Keenum isn't a known turd either. He was basically a rookie last season, so I would like to see the growth he might have now (this game didn't afford us to see that) so I can't call him a "known turd" (do we just discredit the good things he flashed his first season?) Keenum unlike Fitzpatrick actually has a chance and a possibility to grow and improve. Ryan, what you see is what you get.. He sucks.

Also nobody knows what to expect out of Savage yet (good or bad), the only thing we do know for sure is that Fitzpatrick sucks, because on multiple teams and in multiple systems he's already proven that. The other two are still young and their book isn't written yet.
We can agree to disagree. I guess we'll find out soon enough if he's a turd or the second coming of Drew Brees.

We can agree to disagree. I guess we'll find out soon enough if he's a turd or the second coming of Drew Brees.

Do you honestly think the coaching staff will realize how big of a turd fitz is before we're 10 games into the season and whatever "backup" they throw into the game will be well iced and off A reps for too long to have their timing and rhythm? In my experience, coaches have a harder time than most to see how wrong they are when they're wrong.

I disagree in that we will not find out much as Fitz will continue to get most of reps and Case even less as season progresses and Savage slides into third place or perhaps beats out at wire.

If Fitz plays this badly throughout the preseason and Keenum continues to play better than him it is very possible that Keenum will be the starter come week #1! This would be good for one reason that I can think of: we will get to see how Keenum does early on in the season.........before the season ending injuries to key players and before the players give up on the season. Then we will truly know if Keenum is crap or the QB.

Why does it have to be either or? (turd or Brees.. is there no middle ground and that's the only choices to choose from)..Who said Keenum was the second coming of Brees?

I think after this game he should just be pushing Pickspatrick as the designated "bridge vet".

The guy doesn't have to be Brees in order to not be a turd, however O'Brien as a coach who constantly preaches accountability will be doing his squad a disservice and risk coming off as a huge hypocrite and disingenuous if he doesn't acknowledge that the starting job isn't up for grabs or tries to claim that the starting job is already settled.

none of above. he will be cut & replaced with Ryan Mallet for a 2nd rd. pick. Garappolo has looked the best of all rookie QB's after everyone has played first pre-season game. Patriots also need to add OL & DL depth, too many question marks to keep three QB's. Texans do not have their QB in camp @ this time.

none of above. he will be cut & replaced with Ryan Mallet for a 2nd rd. pick. Garappolo has looked the best of all rookie QB's after everyone has played first pre-season game. Patriots also need to add OL & DL depth, too many question marks to keep three QB's. Texans do not have their QB in camp @ this time.

I really hope the Texans do not give up what will most likely be a high second round pick for Mallet. Would only set them back more. Maybe a fifth.

If Fitz plays this badly throughout the preseason and Keenum continues to play better than him it is very possible that Keenum will be the starter come week #1! This would be good for one reason that I can think of: we will get to see how Keenum does early on in the season.........before the season ending injuries to key players and before the players give up on the season. Then we will truly know if Keenum is crap or the QB.

I think that is the bottom line. In the game I watched last night, Keenum easily outplayed Fitzzle. But then again that didn't take much.
Fitz looked exactly like his mid-season form to me and that was aweful. The very reason I have no hope for this season. And then, for OBrien to act like Fitz was light-years ahead of Keenum in camp, makes me wonder.
I'm not wanting to nominate Case for all pro or anything, because he didn't light it up either, but he did look much better in that game than Fitz did.

What's with the love for this Mullet character? Was he really any better than Fitzy? Or Keenum or Savage? Why waste anything at all on him?

I really hope the Texans do not give up what will most likely be a high second round pick for Mallet. Would only set them back more. Maybe a fifth.

You have nothing to worry about.. :vincepalm: Nobody is trading anything for Mallett and certainly not a 2nd round pick. The guy has zero trade value and hasn't proven crap... If any team is still interested, they will simply wait until the Pats cut bait.

To me Shitzpatrick is a waste of time and money. He brings nothing to this problem other than his brain which years of NFL experience has already proven can't overcome his lack of ability and instinct. He can learn an offense, execute it well in a practice environment, and probably perform reasonably well when there's not much pressure but he isn't an upgrade over Keenum at all. He's a smarter, older Keenum with no upside left.

If I'm going to second guess OB at this point it's going to be on the Shitzpatrick signing. The Texans brought him in because he learns offenses quickly and supposedly was familiar with this one. That would be fine if they brought him in to coach QB's but he's not even a temporary answer. If they were going to try and compete but mostly tread water for a year they should have focused on Keenum from day one to find the limit to his upside while preparing Savage to back up.

Shitz is more dead weight on a team that already can't keep it's head above water.

i might have to change my vote. i had no problems with fitz coming in because i thought with the weapons we'll have he would be competent at worst. someone who could find the easy pass and eliminate mistakes. well, i didn't see a single good decision last night. case was the best quarterback we used even with the rest of the offense getting penalized every play and blue dropping anything thrown his direction.

i dont care if he's not great on weekdays, if case is the best player on gameday he needs to be getting the starter reps in practice and seeing more time on the field.

You have nothing to worry about.. :vincepalm: Nobody is trading anything for Mallett and certainly not a 2nd round pick. The guy has zero trade value and hasn't proven crap... If any team is still interested, they will simply wait until the Pats cut bait.

Are the Texans first on the waiver wire?

What are the chances the Pats will cut Mallett, and even if they did, was he any better than Fitz in his first preseason game? Is that the Texans plan, to wait out BB and let him cut Big Tex?

I hope to see more of the other two QB's in the next game if Fitztragic plays in a similar fashion as his first outing. Give him one or two series and then move on to the other two guys for the rest of the game if it really is an open competition.

Do you honestly think the coaching staff will realize how big of a turd fitz is before we're 10 games into the season and whatever "backup" they throw into the game will be well iced and off A reps for too long to have their timing and rhythm? In my experience, coaches have a harder time than most to see how wrong they are when they're wrong.

If they take 10 games of this to make a change we are in a world of "Shitzpatrick" as fans.

If they take 10 games of this to make a change we are in a world of "Shitzpatrick" as fans.
You should seriously consider trademarking that name...A good marketing campaign for the tee shirts, followed up with a lighter fluid & match stand in the parking lot...
:gun:

I'm not gonna lie. We're in "Deep Shitz" here fellas.

I'm pretty sure any attempt to trademark that would fail. It's too obvious and probably has been in use for some time (He has after all been playing football for his entire adult life).

After hearing Bill's comments today I think Keenum may turn into a serious option. Case wasn't the best last year, but Fitz will get us blown out of games early playing the way he did last night and for the past couple of years.

Keenum actually looked composed during his limited time on the field. Its kind of hard to generate any kind of momentum when your O-line is getting called for a penalty every play. I'd feel much better with him on the field at this point.

After hearing Bill's comments today I think Keenum may turn into a serious option. Case wasn't the best last year, but Fitz will get us blown out of games early playing the way he did last night and for the past couple of years.

Keenum actually looked composed during his limited time on the field.
Its kind of hard to generate any kind of momentum when your O-line is getting called for a penalty every play. I'd feel much better with him on the field at this point.

Keenum seemed to do last night what he was not able to do last year.........get the ball out quickly.

I'm pretty sure any attempt to trademark that would fail. It's too obvious and probably has been in use for some time (He has after all been playing football for his entire adult life).

Shitzpatrick hashtags on twitter go back at least to 2012

Keenum seemed to do last night what he was not able to do last year.........get the ball out quickly.

That's all he needs to do better IMO. We can't overcome a mistake prone QB. The defense will be better with Cushing and Joseph out there so they won't always be that bad. I've seen high school QBs play better than Fitz did yesterday. He has next game to get better. If not then put in Keenum and ride with him. He'll at least keep us in games.

Shitzpatrick hashtags on twitter go back at least to 2012

A Google image search for "Shitzpatrick" has three of his pictures listed as first results.

Yep. I'm just Captain Obvious in this one.

He's always been Shitzpatrick.
Y'all are just mean....:brando:

ScreenShot2014-08-10at95639PM_zps80b901c8.png

#Shartweek.

It's not right. I have lived through Oliver Luck, Cody Carlson, Chris Chandler, Billy Joe Tolliver, Bucky Richardson, David Carr, Matt Schaub, and now Ryan Shitzpatrick?

Why does God hate me?

Back