Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Case Keenum - Fan Pulse Check [UPDATE] Rams claim Case on waivers

Barring injuries, what is Keenum's future as a Texan this season?

• Total voters
I don't understand the keenum hate. Is it because he's from UH?

It's because he got more chances than 99.99% of UDFA's and his very small but violently loyal cult constantly cried unfair because he wasn't given the additional chances they thought he should get. Meaning he should start.

So all three of our QBs from last year work for someone else now. It will be interesting to see if they do anything this year.

I wish Keenum the very best. The Rams could've done better, but they also could've done much worse. Hope they beat every AFC team they face this year and the Cowboys (if they play them).

I'll go out on the limb and say that I think Case has a shot to becoming a decent player in this league. I was rooting for him to do well. I would have ran with him as my starter over Ryan Pickspatrick for sure. He couldn't cut it. Unfortunately, he had a tough break entering into a situation with a team that quit on him and with a lame duck coaching situation. I hope he does well St. Louis.

I refrained last spring from getting into anymore discussions and debates about Case Keenum and who the Texans starters should be this upcoming season until this post because quite frankly, it got tiring. Now that we know what our QB situation looks like and that Case getting cut settled this.

I recommend moving this thread to the NFL section. Here is hoping to Texans get this QB situation figured out and doing well during the season.

Mark Berman ‏@MarkBermanFox26
Case Keenum: "I know I'll always call Houston home." Keenum flew to St. Louis tonight to join the Rams. http://tinyurl.com/o9mlrdm

Case Keenum: "Obviously Would have liked to have won a few more games while I was there,but that's the nature of this business & the league"

Case Keenum: "The Texans, the McNairs, and everybody, they're a first class-organization. I loved every minute that I spent there."

Case Keenum: "I've been privileged to wear the name of Houston on the front of my jersey for almost nine years. I don't take it lightly."

Case Keenum on his way to St. Louis: "I'm really excited moving forward, getting a new chance, fresh start with a great organization."

Case Keenum on way to St. Louis: "It's definitely bittersweet. It's been a weird 24 hours. "I'm looking forward to get to work and get going."

Classy exit, best of luck in St. Louis to Case.

After checking out their fan forums, rams fans seem somewhat
convinced that Case will get some starting time at the end of the
season.

After all of the negative vibes the kid has gotten from the fanbase
here recently I think the change of scenery will be good for him.

At least he will now have a coaching staff with a vested interest in
seeing him succeed.

I just hope that the "Texas hammer" (Mallett) has a decent career
here -- otherwise we scraped a 7th and a capable backup for nada

Would it be wrong to start a "who'll start first?" poll?

After checking out their fan forums, rams fans seem somewhat
convinced that Case will get some starting time at the end of the
season.

After all of the negative vibes the kid has gotten from the fanbase
here recently I think the change of scenery will be good for him.

At least he will now have a coaching staff with a vested interest in
seeing him succeed.

I just hope that the "Texas hammer" (Mallett) has a decent career
here -- otherwise we scraped a 7th and a capable backup for nada

If you don't, "someone else" will.

Then Mallet's not going to be well liked, he went to Texas High

He must have flunked out......after that he went to the University of Askansas. :gamer:

Good to read Keenum's words. Sometimes to can tell if a player happy or unhappy to leave as he makes his exit with the usual statements to the press. He seems to have a good, positive perspective on his situation without the bitterness.

man.... I knew I should have posted these sooner...

7ba463000968013294f2005056a9545d

7ce670200968013294f2005056a9545d

:kitten:

Sounds like a Cinderella story brewing over there. What was the name of that other undrafted QB the Rams once had again.... Kurtis Warmer, or something like that? :kitten:

Sounds more like a trainwreck waiting to happen. Since the defense is so good, it won't be as up front and in your face, but I think the QB position is what is going to keep a deserving Rams team out of the playoffs.

Sounds more like a trainwreck waiting to happen. Since the defense is so good, it won't be as up front and in your face, but I think the QB position is what is going to keep a deserving Rams team out of the playoffs.

Deserving Ram team? Even with Bradford what team are they better than in their division?

In the NFC West tell me which HC is Fisher better than? Only then will I start believing the deserving Ram thingy you speak of.

look at his face hes like why do I have to dawn this silly lookin helmet jajajajaj little ram HORNS LOL !!!!!

who would u rather have time tebow or Keenum I cant bealive even has a back up they would rather have Keenum over Tebow

at least tebow has ONE a game single handley by his play only and not the help of the team not saying the team has one games for him but there were a few games were he took them on his back and did most of it in the 4th qtr 2 min drill

He's been here six years. Any halfway intelligent person could have picked up a 2nd language by now. He's still "failing his mother tongue and stuff" - it's got to be an act.

Rep for whoever gets the movie reference.

He's been here six years. Any halfway intelligent person could have picked up a 2nd language by now. He's still "failing his mother tongue and stuff" - it's got to be an act.

Rep for whoever gets the movie reference.
maybe he thinks that's funny somehow...

oh and...

v54465kaabg.jpg

Heard on the radio that Case has earned the backup role behind Nick Foles. A quick look at the Rams 'depth chart confirms that's how he's listed.

Case has a chance to stick around the NFL as a back up type player. Fisher seems to like him. I can't lie, I liked case too.

Case has a chance to stick around the NFL as a back up type player. Fisher seems to like him. I can't lie, I liked case too.

I'm glad he got his shot. It showed us his shortcomings, but it also showed us he can sling it. That's what backups typically are - incomplete players. Still not sure I've seen a player crapped on a s much for throwing 3 TDs and zero picks in a game though.

I think Keenum would be a better backup for the Cardinals who utilize a vertical attack. Would be a good replacement for Palmer when it's his time to retire.

Back