Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr and Domanick Williams Released

dont u people think that the FO tried to get a draft pick for him?!!?! I mean jeeze, get a grip.

I think this just shows that there really isnt much demand for David, that no one else really thinks he's very talented. Just be glad its done, and we can monve on.

It's his contract. There is interest. :lightbulb:

Why give up a pick when you know the guy's not in the team's plans?

uh when did i say i'd cheer against the texans simpleton? i said i'd root for carr and hope he shoves it down the texans throat.

It is rather humorous to see someone that can't seem to create a coherent post representing their opinion call someone else a 'simpleton'. :victory:

For the record, I thought that your earlier post was about rooting for David Carr over the Houston Texans, as well.

Clarity in presentation is a rather simple concept. The English language is well suited for that purpose.

Not even a 5? Not even a 6? Not even if he's willing to restructure his deal to go to that team?

It's not lost on me that it's terribly unlikely to happen. I just think that it wouldn't have hurt anyone to continue to see what happens between now and the draft. Stranger things have happened. Somebody gave the Lions a pick for Harrington even though they knew he wasn't going to be a Lion the next year. Somebody always does something stupid in the NFL when you least expect it. Usually that somebody is the Texans but from time to time other teams do odd things as well. What's the harm in waiting another month to see if you can get anything (even a future 5 or 6) for David Carr?

you cant trade a player if there is no market for said player. pretty simple.

i am with you on just waiting till last minute, but I think they exhausted all options and just wanted to move on. Why keep him around as a possible distraction. bottom line is that he was overvalued by this franchise for 5 years...the rest of the NFL is not as naive

What's the harm in waiting another month to see if you can get anything (even a future 5 or 6) for David Carr?

That's the $0.50 question. There was zero down side to waiting.

I guess McNair is just a nice guy...unfortunately we all know the saying about nice guys.

It is rather humorous to see someone that can't seem to create a coherent post representing their opinion call someone else a 'simpleton'. :victory:

For the record, I thought that your earlier post was about rooting for David Carr over the Houston Texans, as well.

Clarity in presentation is a rather simple concept. The English language is well suited for that purpose.

hey DB I wondering about an answer here ;)
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=638900&postcount=65

Not even if he's willing to restructure his deal to go to that team?

If there were multiple teams looking at Carr, and David would be willing to rework his deal with either team, then the Texans would have some leverage to make a trade. That's what happened with Harrington last season. That's what supposedly happened with Eric Moulds last season.

But, don't you think that Rick Smith has been looking to create that scenario? It's not his fault, the deal is not out there. The Texans could hold on to Carr for a phantom trade, and lock him out of the facility. If he gets injured, it would be non-football related. That's what Tennessee did with McNair last season. It's a crap move by a minor league organization. Is that what you want the Texans to be?

I guess the flip-side of all this is the very real possibility that had we cut Carr 1st THEN tried to trade for/sign Matt Schaub, the Falcons coulda jacked up the askin price seein as we were minus 1 starting QB. Can you imagine giving up MORE than we did to aquire MSchaub?

I've told you what I wanted them to do and there's nothing "crappy" about it. I'll be damned if I'm going to continue an argument about, essentially "David Carr" on the day I'm celebrating his departure. Suffice to say that I think you're wrong and I understand you feel the same way about me on this. Next thread please....

No it's not. I think my team (not the one I own obviously, the one I am a fan of) improved by replacing an ineffective QB. There's nothing wrong with "celebrating" your team getting better. I don't hate David Carr. I've never hated David Carr. I don't wish him ill or want him dead or dislike his family. I have no vested interest in anything bad happening to him for the rest of his days on this planet. I just don't want him to be the QB of the football team I am following. I don't think he's very good at it.

dont u people think that the FO tried to get a draft pick for him?!!?! I mean jeeze, get a grip.

I think this just shows that there really isnt much demand for David, that no one else really thinks he's very talented. Just be glad its done, and we can monve on.

Have to agree with this. You can create some buzz and a team with interest will give up the pick to avoid a free agent bidding war. There apparently won't be much of a war.

Oh well. Best of luck to DC. As for DW, it shows how quickly things can change in life.

In all honesty I think that although that we didnt get anything for him. I think that we did right by him. Even though he didn't live upto his potential did we as a team? Yes it is a time to rejoice in a new strategy and people not rolling the problems off to next yr. However, David did hang there when the chips were down. He could've just retired after so many hits. My hat is off to both our team and David for what they gave us the fans: A team to call our own no matter how bad it was, To David for hanging in there and not quitting and walking out after being the leagues tackling dummy. I am not a dc basher or a 100% dc supporter. I am a true very thankful fan of our team.

David if you get to read this thanks for trying. Good luck and may the Good Lord above protect and guide you and yours

i'm a die hard fan of teh texans, but i hope if david carr plays elsewhere and plays agaiinst houston i hope he shoves it down their throats and proves all the nay sayers wrong. i wish the best for david.

Whoa!

I'm a die hard fan too, and I've been a Carr supporter through thick and thin on this board.

I wish him well, but not against the Texans.

That's just wrong. As wrong as the tu fans who supported the titans qb against the Texans. (insert smilie of low down dirty dogs )

:coffee:

It was a stupid move and a sign that the ownership here is miles behind it's competition in other cities regardless of how "classy" Bob is. As long as Bob is worried about looking like the classiest owner in the bunch and giving away players to do it the Texans are going to continue to look like chumps and be routinely taken advantage of by smarter GM's and owners.

Bob's a nice guy but he bought a franchise in a league full of sharks. They'll finish eating him up in no time at all at this rate.

We went from Bud Adams to Bob McNair.

One extreme to the other.

prob a dumb question but just making sure....obviously we wont get a compensatory pick in next yrs draft for either DC or DD..right?

How long did it it take for you to figure that part out?

Come on Elle...Teacher's motto...

"The only stupid question is the one that goes unasked"

...or whatever horse crap line it was that they always fed us to encourage the raising of hands...

uh when did i say i'd cheer against the texans simpleton? i said i'd root for carr and hope he shoves it down the texans throat.

How does something like that work:
Yeah Texans!!!!!! I’m so happy the other team is sticking it down our throats!!!!!!!!! I hope we lose by 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miami would be great.

Miami is going with Trent Green, who sucks at this point, but is still better than Carrbage. He won't even start next yr imo. Nobody thinks this guy is a starter. If he starts, it's a desperation move only and won't last.

And to the person who said we shouldn't celebrate, I am right now!

Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate.

It's a celebration times three!!

:shots: :perfect10: :toast2: :whoohoo:

I'm not celebrating...while I may not like Carr, I just haven't felt comfortable knowing how different our team is. It should be a good thing, but not when I'm not certain the change is good. Sure, Shaub is better than Carr and I'm sure he'll make the Pro Bowl before 2010, but we gave up a lot for him, I'm just happy we didn't overpay his contract. I'll be excited when our team really upgrades through the draft.

only if we are gunning for the #1 pick i the draft :joker:

Those days are over my friend. There is a new sheriff in town. This rocket ship is taking off Sept 2007. Be ready, strap in, and get ready to take off!

:snobord: :bguitar:

It's amazing what a couple of days will do for a depressed piggy. :wow:

I don't get why anyone is arguing this.

What could possibly be the downside to holding on to Carr until after the draft? The draft is less than a month away. He would still have plenty of time to find a team if we couldn't find anyone to trade with.

lets say there is a 1% chance of getting a conditional 7th pick in 08 for Carr. Isn't it worth it to hold on to Carr and at least see? This does nothing for the Texans and everything for Carr. Im sorry but it was stupid move done for personal reasons and I dont like that

I was hoping we would get something; hell anything for Carr, but the true value of anything is what another person is willing to pay for it. I agree that we should take all of the cap hit this season and not spread it out. Take our lumps NOW and build for the future. Today is a great day and I think tomorrow will be better. I am more optimistic now than I have been in a very long time.

Those days are over my friend. There is a new sheriff in town. This rocket ship is taking off Sept 2007. Be ready, strap in, and get ready to take off!

:snobord: :bguitar:

It's amazing what a couple of days will do for a depressed piggy. :wow:
I hear ya :yahoo:

The FO released Carr out of respect for him. He'll get more opportunities from being a FA than from being on the trade block.

i dont agree with this at all. After all shwaub is unproven 161 attempts 84 compleations? 6td and 6ints and only 2 starts is that worth 48 mill? i think not. and Ahman Green... kinda diggin in the shallow end of the pool arent we. after all he is getting old and he hasnt proven to me that hes back to 100% after injury.... hes not worth the 26 mill they dropped on him. trust me in from wisconsin and i know he hasnt looked that good in a few years. they should have at least seen what DD aka DW now had before cutting him at least let him try and win a roster spot if not then cut him. they should have spent more time fixing this row of **** they call and o-line insted of cutting all they have. And i would just like to remind all you people that said carr sucked last year that he had one of the highest passer ratings last year. maybe you should check into your football knowlege a little more before you start talking out your asses. I will tell you this the apointing of mike sherman as offensive corrdinator is the only GREEN is here and the only reason this team will stay the same for years to come. look at GREEN BAY when Sherman was there they never got better just stayed the same went to playoffs and lost. untill finaly they just couldnt get it done anymore with the old players they had. now finaly someone who knows how to coach is starting to bring up the young guys and not keep the old guy that holmgren had around. I like kubiak i think hes a good coach but i think he needs some else to take advice from rather than sherman.

now i hope im wrong but some how i doubt it.....

GO TEXANS!

still big fan

Shocker

McKinney said it best, "it's a business and you can expect to get fired if you don't produce results".

My take:
Carr was a bust.
Shame on us(FO) for not pulling the plug last year.
Once we start winning, these miserable Carr years will be nothing more than a bad dream.

I was hoping we would get something; hell anything for Carr, but the true value of anything is what another person is willing to pay for it. I agree that we should take all of the cap hit this season and not spread it out. Take our lumps NOW and build for the future. Today is a great day and I think tomorrow will be better. I am more optimistic now than I have been in a very long time.

Ya same here but everyone knew we had to get rid of him so it would be smart on there side to just wait to we release him and as for DW im sure well all saw this one coming sooner then later

And how exactly would he shove it down the Texans throat in such a way that you would be happy for both him and the Texans? I don't understand that. Because if there's a way for him to shove it down the Texans' throat without the Texans coming out badly, I don't see it.

At least the Texans have some cash to sign another FA or two before the draft.

I wouldnt be surprised if Carr didn't want to renegotiate and made any trade hit a wall. Teams must feel they don't mind a bidding war for him either.

Exactly. Carr probably held this up. Then again, maybe he didn't.

But IF hed did...I take back everything nice I've said to Hulk75 and about David. If it becomes proven that David held this up and would not re-work his contract so we could trade for him...and then he signs with a team that would have worked with us...then I will actively root for David to get smacked down hard on Sundays.

David's gone. And if he did us wrong, to spite us, then I will cheer every one of his NEXT 249 sacks.

So help me, if he held this up--just to spite us, then I will relish every wrong turn and misfortune of his career.

But IF hed did...I take back everything nice I've said to Hulk75 and about David. If it becomes proven that David held this up and would not re-work his contract so we could trade for him...and then he signs with a team that would have worked with us...then I will actively root for David to get smacked down hard on Sundays.

David's gone. And if he did us wrong, to spite us, then I will cheer every one of his NEXT 249 sacks.

So help me, if he held this up--just to spite us, then I will relish every wrong turn and misfortune of his career.

Somehow, I find this theory hard to get behind.

You never know but I just don't credit it.

Carr and Domanick Williams Released

Oh Sweet thank you sweet Baby jesus Or how our freinds in the South say Jeeeeeesssssuuuuuuuuuuussssssss

If it becomes proven that David held this up and would not re-work his contract so we could trade for him...and then he signs with a team that would have worked with us...
Yes, I'm certain there was a team out there that wanted to give up a draft choice for Carr, but David wouldn't let them. Probably went like this:

Phantom team GM: Dave, we're ready to give the Texans a choice draft pick and name you our starter.
Dave: Hold on, dude. I don't want the Texans to get a pick for me. That would be uncool.
Phantom team GM: But Dave, it's just a measly draft pick. The NFL gives us 7 every year. It's not that big of a deal.
Dave: No way, man. Just wait until they cut my arse, and I'll sign with you guys. Use that pick on someone who will play golf with me. Kubiak never played golf with me.
Phantom team GM: Whatever you say, Super Dave. You're the man.

Yep, that's probably how it went down.

Yes, I'm certain there was a team out there that wanted to give up a draft choice for Carr, but David wouldn't let them. Probably went like this:

Phantom team GM: Dave, we're ready to give the Texans a choice draft pick and name you our starter.
Dave: Hold on, dude. I don't want the Texans to get a pick for me. That would be uncool.
Phantom team GM: But Dave, it's just a measly draft pick. The NFL gives us 7 every year. It's not that big of a deal.
Dave: No way, man. Just wait until they cut my arse, and I'll sign with you guys. Use that pick on someone who will play golf with me. Kubiak never played golf with me.
Phantom team GM: Whatever you say, Super Dave. You're the man.

Yep, that's probably how it went down.

LOL

I agree with your statement. I wouldn't put it past David and not restructure his contract just to help us out.

I swear, the Texans decision-making has got to be the most stupid to ever grace the league. It's like they want us to not be fans...damn.

I always figured "shoving it down someone's throat" was like when Vince Young hammered the Texans in OT. If he loses that game he doesn't shove jack.....This is a league where you don't give a medal to everyone for participation. Winning is more important to me...so I assumed you meant that Carr getting revenge had something to do with beating us. My apologies for the ridiculous assumption.

apology accepted. we all make mistakes.

Back