Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Carr and Domanick Williams Released

It is rather humorous to see someone that can't seem to create a coherent post representing their opinion call someone else a 'simpleton'. :victory:

For the record, I thought that your earlier post was about rooting for David Carr over the Houston Texans, as well.

Clarity in presentation is a rather simple concept. The English language is well suited for that purpose.

is it really that hard guys? seriously.

I swear, the Texans decision-making has got to be the most stupid to ever grace the league. It's like they want us to not be fans...damn.

Actually, the decision-making is finally starting to make sense. Cut all the dead weight and non-producers on the team and sign players that at least have a little promise. Carr never was and never will be anything better than an average QB.

The decision-making was bad when we gave Carr a huge salary and extension last year as a reward for average play.

How does something like that work:
Yeah Texans!!!!!! I’m so happy the other team is sticking it down our throats!!!!!!!!! I hope we lose by 50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no like this. "woohoo texans won, but damn david carr went off, we're all morons for thinking he was no good."

And how exactly would he shove it down the Texans throat in such a way that you would be happy for both him and the Texans? I don't understand that. Because if there's a way for him to shove it down the Texans' throat without the Texans coming out badly, I don't see it.

wow. how about this. texans win 41-35 david carr goes 31-42 398 yards and 5 td's.

texans come out with a win and carr "shoved it down their throats."

is it really that hard guys?

:confused:

The texans pass on reggie bush, vince young, matt leinart, and jay cutler because we have david carr and dominick davis(his name at the time). Both players have been cut after one year.

Exactly. Carr probably held this up. Then again, maybe he didn't.

But IF hed did...I take back everything nice I've said to Hulk75 and about David. If it becomes proven that David held this up and would not re-work his contract so we could trade for him...and then he signs with a team that would have worked with us...then I will actively root for David to get smacked down hard on Sundays.

David's gone. And if he did us wrong, to spite us, then I will cheer every one of his NEXT 249 sacks.

So help me, if he held this up--just to spite us, then I will relish every wrong turn and misfortune of his career.

Amen brother. I hope Carr gets what he deserves.

Ok I agree with you.

Im just so ticked off that we got nothing at all for Carr, who the entire NFL seems to think is full of potential

He was crappy for a lot of years, cost us a lot of money, and is now gone with nothing in return. It still makes me nauseous to think about

His contract was too big to trade and I think McNair asked for him to be released to be nice to him. I think if it was up to Smith, we would have held on to him to the last possible minute. Just in case. BUT... I have no proof for this belief.

I for one am relieved the Texans have finally cut loose from the trap they ensnared themselves in some time ago and that the 800lb gorilla in the room is gone. It is best for all parties.

The Texans have been substantially wiser under Smith on avoiding contracts like was done with the first pick of 2002 to anyone, with less guarantees and easier back out clauses after a few years. And they certainly will not hold up on a pedistal as above reproach for so many years before cutting losses (or atleast they shouldnt). It set the team back and also was lousy for team morale to have poor accountability for poor performance and poor accounting measures to lock an organization down.

Now David has total accountability and will not be handled with kid gloves where ever he plays, and the Texans swallowed a huge pill on player management and development.

I feel for other teams that are in the same predicament. Atlanta is still snagged in a snare trap of their own making. Be thankful Carr only cost us 35million and 5 years. Atlanta has a 100million dollar load to bear that is clearly weighing the team down. It would be one thing if Manning or Brady were getting 100million (who are clearly future hall of fame players), but Vick and the Falcons have trapped themselves with each other. No one could possibly want Vick's contract, and they can't possibly take such a huge cap hit to cut him. The players know Vick is untouchable while they are constantly the scapegoats (wait I know this storyline sounds familiar for some reason).

Exactly. Carr probably held this up. Then again, maybe he didn't.

But IF hed did...I take back everything nice I've said to Hulk75 and about David. If it becomes proven that David held this up and would not re-work his contract so we could trade for him...and then he signs with a team that would have worked with us...then I will actively root for David to get smacked down hard on Sundays.

David's gone. And if he did us wrong, to spite us, then I will cheer every one of his NEXT 249 sacks.

So help me, if he held this up--just to spite us, then I will relish every wrong turn and misfortune of his career.

hmm, i was under the impression mcnair was being nice to carr saying something like "hey dave, you've been quiet and took all the heat from the city for the losses even when they weren't all your fault. i'll cut you and let you sign where you want to play, it's the least i can do for you."

if he did ruin any trade, then yeah, i hope he dies.

ALL I am sayin is that Carr has never played well from his back and Schaub will be the same. They should have seen it last year. BUt hindsight being what it is we can't do anything about it, Other people are gettin paid to do that. Draft Jamarcus Russell at least he will be able to knock down a couple of defenders when they come through the line.

Yes, I'm certain there was a team out there that wanted to give up a draft choice for Carr, but David wouldn't let them. Probably went like this:

Phantom team GM: Dave, we're ready to give the Texans a choice draft pick and name you our starter.
Dave: Hold on, dude. I don't want the Texans to get a pick for me. That would be uncool.
Phantom team GM: But Dave, it's just a measly draft pick. The NFL gives us 7 every year. It's not that big of a deal.
Dave: No way, man. Just wait until they cut my arse, and I'll sign with you guys. Use that pick on someone who will play golf with me. Kubiak never played golf with me.
Phantom team GM: Whatever you say, Super Dave. You're the man.

Yep, that's probably how it went down.

Do you have a link confirming this ? :)

The Tennessee Titans!!!!!!!!!!!

IF Carr was released today because our owner wanted to honor his relationship with the QB, then yeah, we still have a noob owner making rookie mistakes. It's a cut-throat business and winners do what it takes to win, which means getting what you can in spite of your personal relationships.

However, I'm more inclined to think that there simply wasn't a market for DC, and no team has offered diddly squat for us to make a deal.

I wish DC the best, but it's time to move onward and upward. August 2007 can't come soon enough for me!!

You know this is what i've thought all the way along. As everyone here has railed on about what draft pick david is worth. Its been glaringly obvious for the last 3 years that there was an issue with David Carr. And frankly if i was a GM and i was thinking about him, i would of called Dan Reeves and said Dan, what do you think.

The texans were advised not to re-up the contract. If the guys own team was advise this, why then would we think there was a market for him.

And to every one who is mad at the FO...you may want to review that. If no one wants the guy because his salary is too high for what you are recieving. How long do you hold on to him. Unfortunately no one wants the guy. If they could of gotten something for him they would of. But his salary is dispropotionate to his ablity.

I wish him all the luck in the world and I hope someone will give him a fresh start.

Miami is going with Trent Green, who sucks at this point, but is still better than Carrbage. He won't even start next yr imo. Nobody thinks this guy is a starter. If he starts, it's a desperation move only and won't last.

And to the person who said we shouldn't celebrate, I am right now!

Celebrate, celebrate, celebrate.

It's a celebration times three!!

:shots: :perfect10: :toast2: :whoohoo:

Now that's what I call confidence.

wow. how about this. texans win 41-35 david carr goes 31-42 398 yards and 5 td's.

texans come out with a win and carr "shoved it down their throats."

is it really that hard guys?

:confused:
There's something wrong with your math! 31 3 to 5 yd. completions would not add up to 398 yds.!

It's not so much the wasted money as it is the wasted time.
You're right though, it takes two to tango. McNair kept betting on the wrong horse no matter how many times it came in last.

Ok I agree with you.

Im just so ticked off that we got nothing at all for Carr, who the entire NFL seems to think is full of potential

He was crappy for a lot of years, cost us a lot of money, and is now gone with nothing in return. It still makes me nauseous to think about

If you insist that he was so worthless, then how exactly were the Texans supposed to get something of value for him?

After acquiring Schaub, I was glad to see the organization release Carr as quickly as they did. It was the right thing to do and gave him the maximum flexibility to move ahead.

:redtowel:

The following is a story from the chronicle. Some of you may find it interesting reading. Seems to be a dignified article with respect to Carr. Again Carr remains the quiet one in all of this. He was and always has been a company man.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4657958.html

A year ago I said he was in an impossible situation and I felt the Texans had made a very bad decision once VY declared. The pressure just became so intense and it was a no win situation for David and the Texans, but everyone was going to try to fight through it like a bad marriage. Throughout the whole season they were battling that story and it became a never ending battle for David and Mario. I felt it was handled very badly by the Texans to the detriment of David and Mario.

I have also stated for a long time that the team never developed around David's talents. That has been true from day 1 and remained the case til the end.

The Texans have had a case of injuries beyond belief and I think you can go back to the 2nd season and say that was the undoing of the Texans and David Carr. I truely believe everything they planned on doing was undone by the things that happened that year. Call it fate, call it whatever you want, but that's when the real demise of the Texan's plan began. It has been downhill ever since that fateful year. Every year since it seems like the Texans have had more than their share of devasting injuries. Perhapes this will be their lucky year.

It will be interesting to see if David can land on his feet somewhere and do well. I would say time is against him, but we shall see. I suspect the fight in him wants to continue the battle, but perhapes its time to move on. He's taken a lot of hits and he's not getting any younger.

You look at the 1st game against Dallas and that probably defined his career more than any other. Teams immediately recognized that he would beat you if given time. Starting with the 2nd game against SD the theme became kill the QB and the Texans were not in a position to protect him. It was an unending stream of hits the 1st year and set the stage for what happened in the insuing years. That's the way it was and that's the way it is.

Through all of it David remained a gentleman and a staunch member of the community. That's also the way it was and the way it is.

The following is a story from the chronicle. Some of you may find it interesting reading. Seems to be a dignified article with respect to Carr. Again Carr remains the quiet one in all of this. He was and always has been a company man....
Ya know, the Chronicle better man up on this, too. Once VY declared and especially after the draft, none of those shills at the Chronicle gave Carr, Mario, or the Texans a chance. From their near daily pissy columns ripping the Carr, Mario and team to that ridiculous VY watch scoreboard to all McClain's Titan's coverage, that publication was hell bent on turning public opinion against the team and Carr. Of course VY was gonna be the story be cause the very writers decided he was going to be. I remember watching Monday press conferences with McClain nearly each week asking Kubiak if it was a mistake to pass on VY.

In protest of their Texans coverage, I stopped reading Justice quite a while ago and I am considering adding the Pilsbury General to the list.

Anyway, yeah, props to Carr for being a good soldier. His press conference with his new team should be interesting since you know there will be quite a few baiting questions.

that makes me sick. we could have gotten at least a 4th for Carr

if we could have we would have.
end of discussion.

carr has vero trade value with his poor decision making and big contract.

taking the cap hit over two years is much better than one. :elmo: La Ron Landry time!!!!

well i think it's just amazing that only after 5 years into the season we are already having to release the franchises leading passer and rusher...it just goes to show you how bad luck and bad coaching/management can take a promising situation to one we are ready to forget

the funny thing is the chronicle at a pick in the article of carr and couch shaking hands...just goes to show how expansion teams can ruin the careers of two really promising guys coming out of college...to this day i believe couch had some real talent and real potential

as for williams his knees just couldn't handle the work load...which is really sad

let's hope the future of this team turns out a lot better than what we've already seen

If you insist that he was so worthless, then how exactly were the Texans supposed to get something of value for him?

After acquiring Schaub, I was glad to see the organization release Carr as quickly as they did. It was the right thing to do and gave him the maximum flexibility to move ahead.

:redtowel:

they released him because no one wanted him. it wasnt strictly for the benefit of carr...just a sad indictment of Carr's ability to play QB

I think the cutting of Carr made a lot of sense, I mean they trade for a guy thats going to be the face of the franchise for the next 7 years, and they last thing you want is the old guy still hanging around while the new guy is trying to take over. Now Schuab can take over the Texans with out any talk of David Carr.

I think the cutting of Carr made a lot of sense, I mean they trade for a guy thats going to be the face of the franchise for the next 7 years, and they last thing you want is the old guy still hanging around while the new guy is trying to take over. Now Schuab can take over the Texans with out any talk of David Carr.
You just might jinx him, saying stuff like that. DC was the "face" of this franchise for 5 yrs. and look what it got us.
:)

you know the bottom line here is that cutting these two guys was the only move we could have made

sure the media is gonna burn us for not getting any value in a trade with david carr...sure they're going to say we messed up by making the schaub deal then trying to deal carr

but the truth of it was that we had been trying to trade him all offseason...i believe we were only getting the same value in trade that detriot got for harrington which was something like a 6th rounder...and we would still have to get carr to restructure his deal...if i was him i wouldn't restructure unless i was going to the team i wanted to go to

and keep this in mind...by treating carr and williams with the class this franchise did it's going to help us attrack other FA's in the future...by not dragging this out other players know we have a owner who cares...coaches who won't screw you when they get the chance...and a GM who is trying to do right by everyone...so who cares what the media says...it is what it is...carr has been released...and i haven't even heard anything about him making trips to interview with teams...he might just become the next tim couch

you know the bottom line here is that cutting these two guys was the only move we could have made

sure the media is gonna burn us for not getting any value in a trade with david carr...sure they're going to say we messed up by making the schaub deal then trying to deal carr

but the truth of it was that we had been trying to trade him all offseason...i believe we were only getting the same value in trade that detriot got for harrington which was something like a 6th rounder...and we would still have to get carr to restructure his deal...if i was him i wouldn't restructure unless i was going to the team i wanted to go to

and keep this in mind...by treating carr and williams with the class this franchise did it's going to help us attrack other FA's in the future...by not dragging this out other players know we have a owner who cares...coaches who won't screw you when they get the chance...and a GM who is trying to do right by everyone...so who cares what the media says...it is what it is...carr has been released...and i haven't even heard anything about him making trips to interview with teams...he might just become the next tim couch
Well, we also should to remember that, according to Carr's brother and another poster here claiming to have a source through an agent, Carr refused to renegotiate his contract. Teams were interested in Carr, but weren't willing to take on that monstrosity of a contract. In short, Carr decided to screw the team over. I guess Kubiak hurt his feelings last season.

One thing that has come to my mind is this: wouldn't the Texans have been very likely to receive a compensatory pick from the NFL in this year's draft had they let Carr walk last year?

...and keep this in mind...by treating carr and williams with the class this franchise did it's going to help us attrack other FA's in the future...by not dragging this out other players know we have a owner who cares...coaches who won't screw you when they get the chance...and a GM who is trying to do right by everyone......

Good point. I was thinking before that if Bobby Mac... okay, Bob McNair... is gonna be this nice to his players, then he's gonna get eaten alive in the NFL by other owners / teams. (I think that was even mentioned before.) But, that makes some sense as well.

Looks like McNair is walking the talk in that he wanted a quality, classy organization and it's reflective, it seems, in the players they acquire and how they treat them heading out the door.

One thing that has come to my mind is this: wouldn't the Texans have been very likely to receive a compensatory pick from the NFL in this year's draft had they let Carr walk last year?
I don't think so. The Texans FA losses of Carr, Bradford, Gaffney, Norris, and Milford Brown likely would have been offset by the signings of Weaver, Flanagan, Sanders, Cook, Rosenfels, Putzier, Kalu, and Salaam.

Back