Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brock Getting the Boys In Step Early

I presume that even thought Brock and OB can't meet, that as soon as he signed his contract he got a copy of the playbook?
I read somewhere or heard it in a OB interview that he gave Oz a Ipad but no other communication was aloud. so he has a playbook, but not the small ins and outs OB likes.

I read somewhere or heard it in a OB interview that he gave Oz a Ipad but no other communication was aloud. so he has a playbook, but not the small ins and outs OB likes.

Don't think the rules prohibit that iPad having film from last year's QB coaching sessions on it. Oz can also watch film at the facility. He just hasn't been able to get new coaching.

This dude has got a network of spies that's unreal. I thought Peyton was joking about his daughter giving info to Mort... I bet she's on Rapoport's payroll.

I'm excited to see what kind of team we have next year. Thoughts of NFL Sunday ticket running through my head again.

Damn, he wasn't lying when he said he'd lose weight. I hope he's focusing on his technique/skills just as much as he is on weight loss.
Well we know OBrien liked the loss and compliments Strong for busting butt to get in shape.

Well we know OBrien liked the loss and compliments Strong for busting butt to get in shape.
Who knows? It's just as likely that his weight loss was due, not to hard work, but to laying off the weed while he waits for his case to come to court............and the anxiety involved concerning his fate as relates to his Arizona felony charge that could involve as much as a criminally-based NFL suspension, a $150,000 fine and a 2 year imprisonment. I know my appetite would be out the window under the circumstances.
twoleafs.gif

Who knows? It's just as likely that his weight loss was due, not to hard work, but to laying off the weed while he waits for his case to come to court............and the anxiety involved concerning his fate as relates to his Arizona felony charge that could involve as much as a criminally-based NFL suspension, a $150,000 fine and a 2 year imprisonment. I know my appetite would be out the window under the circumstances.
twoleafs.gif
images

twoleafs.gif

Did I miss the news where they decided to pursue legal action (he was released without charge) and that it had been upgraded from the misdemeanor charge for which he was arrested?

Did I miss the news where they decided to pursue legal action (he was released without charge) and that it had been upgraded from the misdemeanor charge for which he was arrested?

I mean I don't know how long they have to charge him after the incident, but it was reported after his release they could still charge him if they so choose. Also if they charge him it very well could be a felony 6 as Arizona considers it which possessing anything under 2lbs of weed is. I think since they where compliant with the cops there will be no further action but we don't really know until we know

I mean I don't know how long they have to charge him after the incident, but it was reported after his release they could still charge him if they so choose. Also if they charge him it very well could be a felony 6 as Arizona considers it which possessing anything under 2lbs of weed is. I think since they where compliant with the cops there will be no further action but we don't really know until we know

Thanks. CnD put it out there like the decision to charge as a felony had already been decided and simply waiting on a court date.

Thanks. CnD put it out there like the decision to charge as a felony had already been decided and simply waiting on a court date.

Strong was arrested and BOOKED for the charge of felony (in Arizona) possession of marijuana. Charges have not been dropped and therefore his court status is still pending.

Arizona marijuana possession laws and penalties are much harsher than those in Texas (the Texans may at least be considering future additional options at WR):

Texas Possession

Offense-Penalty-Incarceration-Max. Fine

2 oz or less Misdemeanor 180 days $ 2,000
2 - 4 oz Misdemeanor 1 year $ 4,000
4 oz to 5 lbs Felony 180 days* - 2 years $ 10,000
5 - 50 lbs Felony 2* - 10 years $ 10,000
50 - 2000 lbs Felony 2* - 20 years $ 10,000
More than 2000 lbs Felony 5* - 99 years $ 50,000
* Mandatory minimum sentence

Texas Penalty Details
Possession
Possession of 2 ounces or less of marijuana is a Class B misdemeanor, punishable by up to 180 days imprisonment and a fine not to exceed $2,000.

Possession of between 2 and 4 ounces of marijuana is a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment of up to 1 year and a fine not to exceed $4,000.

Arizona Possession

Offense-Penalt-Incarceration-Max. Fine

Less than 2 lbs Felony 4 months - 2 years $ 150,000
2 -2 less than 4 lbs Felony 6 months - 2.5 years $ 150,000
4 lbs or more Felony 1 -3.75 years $ 150,000

Arizona Penalty Details
Possession
Possession for personal use of less than 2 pounds of marijuana is a Class 6 felony, punishable by a minimum sentence of 4 months, a maximum sentence of 2 years, and a minimum fine of $1000 or a fine to exhaust the proceeds of the drug offense. If probation is granted after conviction for this offense, the offender will face a mandatory sentence of 24 hours of community service.

Strong was arrested and BOOKED for the charge of felony (in Arizona) possession of marijuana. Charges have not been dropped and therefore his court status is still pending.

Booking is merely a recording of the arrest. It is administrative. He was not charged.

Link

Texans receiver Jaelen Strong was arrested by police in Arizona for possession of marijuana late Sunday, booked into jail and then released later without being charged.

Even if he is ultimately charged, they ain't throwing him in jail over 3 joints.

And this article says misdemeanor arrest:

Strong was arrested for misdemeanor possession of marijuana, which comes with a minimum fine of $1,000 in the state of Arizona for first-time offenders, though he will likely face a suspension from the NFL for the incident.

Link

I was just googling and could only find reports that he was booked as a misdemeanour and released without being charged, but with authorities still being able to go back and press charges should they choose. Can you help a brother out and give me some links?

I was just googling and could only find reports that he was booked as a misdemeanour and released without being charged, but with authorities still being able to go back and press charges should they choose. Can you help a brother out and give me some links?

This is correct he was never charged with anything he was arrested and booked. If you get arrested they have to book you as that is the record of arrest. He was released without charges filed but it's noted they could later bring up charges however I feel that since he was compliant and there has been no mention of charges since it will probably be dropped and or he'll have a fine to pay

I think if he stays clean he'll be fine; charges won't be brought up. He gets popped for anything else and it will be brought up.

Booking is merely a recording of the arrest. It is administrative. He was not charged.

Link

Even if he is ultimately charged, they ain't throwing him in jail over 3 joints.

And this article says misdemeanor arrest:

Link

The majority of the articles have reported that Strong was arrested and booked into jail on charges of marijuana possession.

BTW, a friend of mine has practiced law in Arizona in the past. He has related to me that there is essentially no misdemeanor classification of marijuana possession in Arizona. You are correct in that 1st offenders for small amounts of possession do not see jail time, but will not uncommonly receive probation and/or orders for drug education/treatment program.

Last edited:
The majority of the articles have reported that Strong was arrested and booked into jail on charges of marijuana possession.

BTW, a friend of mine has practiced law in Arizona in the past. He has related to me that there is essentially no misdemeanor classification of marijuana possession in Arizona. You are correct in that 1st offenders for small amounts of possession do not see jail time, but will not uncommonly receive probation and/or orders for drug education/treatment program.

As has been said he was never officially charged with anything, however I'm sure if he does it again or does sone thing else out of line they will bring charges up. Idk how long they can wait to actually charge him for this though maybe your friend can shed some insight on that.

LMAO!! I don't care how long ago it's been or how many dozens of times I've seen it, I still literally laugh my ass off (no pun intended) every time I see it.
Mark Sanchez is so bad. I'd rather have Brian Hoyer starting instead of him. I'm surprised the Broncos haven't offered us a 7th round pick for Hoyer. As we watched on Hard Knocks last year, Rick Smith has John Elway's number on speed dial while driving.

The Broncos must be confident they can finalize that Kaepernick trade. I hope it falls through. If the Broncos are really desperate they can sign Johnny Manziel, who I'd also want over sucky Sanchez.

I don't see Kaep taking a massive pay cut to play for Denver. That trade isn't going anywhere. The Broncos are crazy if they think he will play for $7 million.

Take this with a grain of salt, but McClain said today on the Radio that Savage was already out there working out with the guys and Brock just joined in.

It's nice to see those guys working out...I agree with what Seth Payne said though...Athletes...especially pro athletes are supposed to look impressive doing things in shorts and tshirts going against air....

Take this with a grain of salt, but McClain said today on the Radio that Savage was already out there working out with the guys and Brock just joined in.

I find it very hard to believe Savage would meekly just let the story be spun that this was Oz' doing. Actually if true that would be a huge black mark on Savage in my book.

I find it very hard to believe Savage would meekly just let the story be spun that this was Oz' doing. Actually if true that would be a huge black mark on Savage in my book.
Not sure Savage would try to upstage multi million dollar baby until TC where coaches would be evaluating.

Not sure Savage would try to upstage multi million dollar baby until TC where coaches would be evaluating.

It's not upstaging. If McClain is right the Texans, Oz, etc. are flat out lying to Savage's detriment. He has zero chance of starting. There is no reason for him to "take one for the team" on this. He'd be better off calling them on it and forcing a split.

But I'm not buying the story. All the receivers showing up because the backup calls. Right. Next the waterboy will be organizing tackling drills.

We know Savage & Strong were out there in Arizona. That was out before Strong was "apprehended" he must have left at some time because we have a tweet where he says he's headed back to Arizona. Back to "work."

But as far as I know it was only Savage & Strong. Osweiler invited (not paid for like Sanchez) Nuk, Nelson, Shorts, & Mumph obviously.

Savage probably invited those other guys as well, but they weren't interested in "working out" with a "backup"

Or they originally chose to workout with Jj.

It's not upstaging. If McClain is right the Texans, Oz, etc. are flat out lying to Savage's detriment. He has zero chance of starting. There is no reason for him to "take one for the team" on this. He'd be better off calling them on it and forcing a split.

But I'm not buying the story. All the receivers showing up because the backup calls. Right. Next the waterboy will be organizing tackling drills.
I get your point and not focusing on who organized it, Savage should think he will be # 2 this season barring injury or his voodoo doll being successful again (hey it worked well so far). Why cause stink or beat his chest? No reason to force split IMO.

Edit: maybe I am missing something not in the post from McClain?

I get your point and not focusing on who organized it, Savage should think he will be # 2 this season barring injury or his voodoo doll being successful again (hey it worked well so far). Why cause stink or beat his chest? No reason to force split IMO.

Edit: maybe I am missing something not in the post from McClain?

It's one thing to be a good trooper and not complain about being passed over for starter. It's entirely another to sit idly by and let a lie be perpetrated. What McClain is saying is directly at odds with reports like this:

Osweiler has organized a series of informal throwing sessions and workouts in Arizona with the Texans' skill players, including Pro Bowl wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins and other receivers and backs.

Osweiler wanted to have some time getting to know his new teammates and build chemistry and timing.

Link

It's one thing to be a good trooper and not complain about being passed over for starter. It's entirely another to sit idly by and let a lie be perpetrated. What McClain is saying is directly at odds with reports like this:

Link

Knowing McLame, he was referring to Savage and Strong working out 2 months ago and just had to be his pompous self and act like he was breaking news

Expect another "What do I know? I'm an idiot!" post from McFatlame once it's confirmed that Brock organized the workouts.

I'm glad tp hear this. Hopefully, it will help Brock, NUK, lll, and the rest of the receivers get some rhythm going. I think it will also help them get closer as friends, that goes a long way in helping them play better when the season rolls around. I mean, I know I would rather play ball with someone I'm down with, and a person I would cut for, rather than just some guy that I dont know personally. :handshake:

1. PDS ‏@PatDStat 5h5 hours ago
    Hopkins mentioned Osweiler was organized and showed leadership skills when they went to workout with him in Arizona. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 5h5 hours ago
  2. Hopkins sind Osweiler gave him and the receivers and itinerary each day they were in Arizona. #Texans

3. “You have to be a student of the game, not a track star.” DeAndre Hopkins on being a wide receiver in the NFL. #Texans

4. PDS ‏@PatDStat 5h5 hours ago
  5. Osweiler said it was exciting to see Hopkins, Shorts, Mumphery and Strong come out to Arizona and get to work on the field. #Texans

Osweiler says he sets one goal a day to accomplish regarding the offense. Says it will all come together when training camp arrives. #Texans

6. Osweiler says he goes into his office when he gets home to study the playbook for hours. #Texans
  7. PDS ‏@PatDStat 5h5 hours ago
    Osweiler says he believes he needs to know the playbook better than anyone. Even the offensive coordinator. #Texans

Osweiler very complementary of Tom Savage coming out to Arizona with him. #Texans

8. PDS ‏@PatDStat 5h5 hours ago
    Osweiler said Savage helped him understand the expectations from the coaching staff and playbook when he came out to Arizona. #Texans

PDS ‏@PatDStat 6h6 hours ago
    Osweiler said he did not take it easy on his wide receivers in Arizona. Said he made them earn their dinner’s each night. #Texans

1. PDS ‏@PatDStat 6h6 hours ago
    Osweiler thinks there is some carryover from his rookie year in Denver to the #Texans playbook. Denver was running some Patriots O.

Back