Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Brian Gaine Fired

SMH, Easterby was hired to give a thorough evaluation of the org on April 2nd, he gave Cletus the evaluation and Gaine was fired. Easterby went to the ring ceremony and asked Caserio if he wanted the GM job. Caserio said yes,

Did Easterby ask BOB if he wanted Caserio to be the new GM? Probably, but that's not collusion.

Yeah, sure. He did a thorough, months long evaluation of the entire organization, and concluded that only a single person, the GM, needed replaced. And this just happened to occur a few hours after he had spoken to his pal Caserio at Kraft's house, who just so happened to be the guy the Texans have wanted for 2 years. Interesting how the timing on that all worked out.

Cal’s hiring the GM. OB didn’t even know BG was being fired. When did Cal move from firing BG to asking OB who to interview next? Nowhere will you find anything saying OB wanted to have Mayhew interviewed just to satisfy the Rooney rule. Absurd and a cut to Mayhew or Farmer or whoever your one was.

Cal's statement upon firing Gaine suggested that he had done a pretty good job but was being let go because they wanted someone better...

If we had competent sports journalists, this is the question Cal and Bob should be peppered with during every interview and press conference until it is answered:

Do you believe the organization was made better simply by subtracting the presence of Brian Gaine? If so, could you explain why he was so toxic to the organization? If not, please explain why fans and players shouldn't expect the team's future to be compromised given that you are restructuring the organization on the fly because you are now going to unexpectedly operate for one year without a general manager?

Do you believe the organization was made better simply by subtracting the presence of Brian Gaine? If so, could you explain why he was so toxic to the organization? If not, please explain why fans and players shouldn't expect the team's future to be compromised given that you are restructuring the organization on the fly because you are now going to unexpectedly operate for one year without a general manager?

Were I Cal I'd answer, "Yes. I understand how this looks to someone outside the organization. But I assure you every decision we make, we believe is the best decision for the team. Sometimes things don't work out the way you expect. You have to adapt & move forward.

We don't know that Nick Caserio is the right man for the job, but we do feel he is a strong candidate. We've decided not to move forward until we've had the opportunity to interview him as well as other candidates who are not available at this time.

Again, I understand you feel you can do my job better than I can, & that may be true. Still, it is my job & i will do it how I see fit."

Well tk, you'd probably get tampering charges just for mentioning Caserio's name. And the "I will do as I see fit" ending is as arrogant and off-putting as a sports franchise owner could be.

Last edited:
Ever thought about this?

The old man was dying and RS left. The old man hired who he knew (Gaine) because he was in too ill health to conduct a bunch of in depth GM interviews, so he just hire a guy (Gaine) who he was familiar with.

This is my theory and I'm sticking to it.
:toropalm::tinfoil::fostering::gun:
I've gotta admit that you're one of the most loyal (read stubborn) SOBs I've ever seen and very creative with how you try to string the narratives together. It's both aggravating and entertaining (sometimes). Mostly aggravating.

Were I Cal I'd answer, "Yes. I understand how this looks to someone outside the organization. But I assure you every decision we make, we believe is the best decision for the team. Sometimes things don't work out the way you expect. You have to adapt & move forward.

We don't know that Nick Caserio is the right man for the job, but we do feel he is a strong candidate. We've decided not to move forward until we've had the opportunity to interview him as well as other candidates who are not available at this time.

Again, I understand you feel you can do my job better than I can, & that may be true. Still, it is my job & i will do it how I see fit."

That would be great... I would love for an acknowledgement that they planned to hire Caserio, couldn't get it done, and now have decided to go for one year without a GM. This is the information we should demand.

That would be great... I would love for an acknowledgement that they planned to hire Caserio, couldn't get it done, and now have decided to go for one year without a GM. This is the information we should demand.
So you think anyone in the building would admit to that? Even though everyone with a brain cell knows it to be true?

"Oh yeah, we botched that from the start. Had our team chaplain talk to the Pats guy without permission. He agreed to the deal, but didn't tell us he had a contract stipulation that he couldn't interview with other teams. Then, we fired our GM. Did a couple of bogus interviews to comply with league rules. Were denied to speak with the Pats guy, then rightfully accused of tampering. Backed off the Pats guy, before learning that the contract stipulation was horsehockey. Now, we're going into the season sans a GM. With a bunch of guys who created this mess in charge. But, it's all good. We'll get the Pats guy next year. After we botch another free agency period and draft. That's if the Pats guy still wants to come here and doesn't get a better offer somewhere else. Go Texans!"

That's the acknowledgement that I'd like to see.

So you think anyone in the building would admit to that? Even though everyone with a brain cell knows it to be true?

"Oh yeah, we botched that from the start. Had our team chaplain talk to the Pats guy without permission. He agreed to the deal, but didn't tell us he had a contract stipulation that he couldn't interview with other teams. Then, we fired our GM. Did a couple of bogus interviews to comply with league rules. Were denied to speak with the Pats guy, then rightfully accused of tampering. Backed off the Pats guy, before learning that the contract stipulation was horsehockey. Now, we're going into the season sans a GM. With a bunch of guys who created this mess in charge. But, it's all good. We'll get the Pats guy next year. After we botch another free agency period and draft. That's if the Pats guy still wants to come here and doesn't get a better offer somewhere else. Go Texans!"

You need to remove the Columbo avatar and add the Groundhog Day avatar featuring Bill Murray.

The acknowledgement that I want to see is shorter :

"Yes, I trusted OB and Easterby to get someone that would make a difference. I was wrong. Due to OB's lack to produce a quality product on the field and now his inability to produce results off the field I am giving him one last chance before I rectify that mistake. IF I do not like what I see in the first 3 games, we will have a new HC."

Last edited:

In my imaginary answer there was no acknowledgement of planning to hire Caserio, only interview him.

The "things don't always go as planned..." was referring to Brian Gaine.

I don't know what happened. But the Easterby conversation with Caserio conspiracy is just that. Made up by the media.

IMO the wrongful termination thing plays into this. I believe that has something to do with why Gaine was fired after restructuring the personnel dept.

Then the Texans decided to pursue Caserio. Not the other theory where the Texans decided to pursue Caserio then fired Gaine.

In my imaginary answer there was no acknowledgement of planning to hire Caserio, only interview him.

The "things don't always go as planned..." was referring to Brian Gaine.

I don't know what happened. But the Easterby conversation with Caserio conspiracy is just that. Made up by the media.

IMO the wrongful termination thing plays into this. I believe that has something to do with why Gaine was fired after restructuring the personnel dept.

Then the Texans decided to pursue Caserio. Not the other theory where the Texans decided to pursue Caserio then fired Gaine.
A "reporter" had a hard time with this? So glad I left the Comical decades ago.

What do we know? Texans requested to interview Caserio and were denied. At some point The NFL informed the Texans of a certain contract stipulation supposedly allowing the Pats to deny the interview but not by method of denial for a lateral move. That is the Pats non contract opinion. The contract was never shared with the Texans. Texans backed off as did the Pats with the tampering charge. Both sides did so quickly and quietly. That is all we really know. But why was the contract stipulation brought up so late in the process? It would seem that the Texans must have made a request for an investigation. Pats likely sure didn’t especially if they knew their contract language and position were impaired. It seems far more likely at this point that both parties were told by the league to back off and remain silent while the issue is being investigated. Nothing is being reported by either side now. I’ve never seen it that the Texans have a habit of backing down from any situation. If you aren’t getting your acknowledgement perhaps you aren’t meant to. Do you really believe this issue is over?

A pretty good summation.

Brian Gaine fired for some kind of misconduct not related to the draft or free agency. Half fetched plan to move quickly and decisively after their target (Caserio) last go around. Free agency, the draft, firing and hiring all done under a cloak of secrecy. It reminds me of OB's play calling, nobody knows what the hell he's doing, he doesn't know what the hell he is doing but somehow he gets his chops busted because the opposition knows his tendencies.

Lmao! I’m crying

I think this "withdrawal of pursuit due to no interview contract language" is a bs excuse by the Texans.

More likely, one or more these happened:
1) they wanted the tampering charges dropped
2) caserio wasn't interested
3) caserio was considered a gm by the NFL based on something in his contract and therefore would have been blocked

Also it seems to me that Ernie Adams, not caserio, is their "real" GM.

The Texans are hiring any rando from the pats and thinking they can do any job.

Next they'll sign the pats punter and start him at RB

I think the "funny" part of it is that they offered him money to leave after he lied about what he was owed.

"Hey, we basically caught you stealing. Here is some money. Go away."

Not enough time to go through all 60+ pages, but is there any reliable gossip (contradiction of terms) that suggests that he STOLE money or is it just a phrase'?

And no one holds the owner accountable until they threaten to move right after demanding a new stadium right after demanding a stadium renovation
it's getting to the point where if this owner pulls that Bud Adams crap I'd tell him "good luck in your new location. Let us know where to mail any crap left behind"

it's getting to the point where if this owner pulls that Bud Adams crap I'd tell him "good luck in your new location. Let us know where to mail any crap left behind"

I'm ready to do without an NFL team rather than having this clusterfvck represent this city.

True

I am grateful though that I haven't reached the same level of attachment I had with the Oilers.

:coffee:

Luv Ya Blue made the back to back 1-13 seasons almost forgettable

Run-and Shoot almost made the Hugh Campbell days forgettable

This whole situation is probably the most embarrassing thing this franchise has done... or “not” done?

Texans are now paying 2 GMs without actually having a GM. After letting the first GM keep his job about 5 years too long they replace him with a guy who was doing a better job in the short time he was here but fired him anyway. Now they are going to make OB the 2nd most powerful HC in the league (the NE guy being 1st) even though he has not made it past the 2nd round of playoffs in 5 years as HC. And he has another “excuse” in the event the team does not get further this season because he’s now having to do a job 2 people (Smith and Gaine) are being paid NOT to do.

This is ridiculous.

The Texans just need to find their "Bum."

:coffee:
I'll never assume that McNair will make an educated, wise choice for GM or HC. But eventually, Cal will luck into a good GM and HC. Just like Adams did. I look at the Rams hiring of McVay. That was a crazy arse pick. And it worked. I expect a crazy arse pick from Cal next time. Hopefully, some of that Bud Adams luck will go his way.

This whole situation is probably the most embarrassing thing this franchise has done... or “not” done?

Texans are now paying 2 GMs without actually having a GM. After letting the first GM keep his job about 5 years too long they replace him with a guy who was doing a better job in the short time he was here but fired him anyway. Now they are going to make OB the 2nd most powerful HC in the league (the NE guy being 1st) even though he has not made it past the 2nd round of playoffs in 5 years as HC. And he has another “excuse” in the event the team does not get further this season because he’s now having to do a job 2 people (Smith and Gaine) are being paid NOT to do.

This is ridiculous.

So we all move to Dallas... or Cleveland :kitten:

This is ridiculous.

O'Brien is the offensive genius who hasn't even managed to build an average offense. Evey year it's mediocre or flat out bad.

This is our guy.

Oh, and the motivational speaker is his #1 assistant.

O'Brien is the offensive genius who hasn't even managed to build an average offense. Evey year it's mediocre or flat out bad.

This is our guy.

Who is this 'motivational speaker' you speak of?

Ben Allbright was on 610 yesterday with Pendergast and he says he's never seen a rise like Easterby's before. Other executives confused

This is our guy.

Similar to Brian Billick. A HC with an offensive background who’s offenses were downright... offensive.

But he managed to win a Super Bowl thanks to an all time great defense. And an all time great GM in Newsome.

Similar to Brian Billick. A HC with an offensive background who’s offenses were downright... offensive.

But he managed to win a Super Bowl thanks to an all time great defense. And an all time great GM in Newsome.

Yep, though Billick won the Super Bowl in his second year as hc with the ravens and then only one a single playoff game the rest of his career

Back