Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Brian Gaine Fired

So we have a guy who is on the admin/business side now moving to be GM in football operations.

Chris Olsen is not an executive and is listen below the CFO

Easterby is president of football operations

Texans leadership:

-Cal McNair, failson as owner
-Bill OBrien, QB coach as head coach
-Easterby, chaplain as president of football operations
-olsen, accountant as GM
-tim Kelly, student assistant as OC

Texans leadership:

-Cal McNair, failson as owner
-Bill OBrien, QB coach as head coach
-Easterby, chaplain as president of football operations
-olsen, accountant as GM
-tim Kelly, student assistant as OC

Once again your bias is showing as you make sh!t up

Well, maybe the bum can become a Bum. Then again, BP never could get through that darn door.
well, when you think about it both are trying to get past Hall of Fame teams. One did it his own way the other seems obsessed with copying

What you're missing is that "they all" copy the Patriots.
Not the Rams or the Chiefs or the Eagles.
I doubt if Gruden is raiding Patriot coaches or admin folks to fill his staff.
Hell even the Cowpies are making their own way.
Who is this "they all" you speak of?

Not the Rams or the Chiefs or the Eagles.
I doubt if Gruden is raiding Patriot coaches or admin folks to fill his staff.
Hell even the Cowpies are making their own way.
Who is this "they all" you speak of?

The entire NFL. Guys like you who have constantly denigrated them or failed in diminishing their accomplishments, but Pats players typically go over there for cheap or as other team's throw aways and end up leaving with much bigger contracts. Their coaches and staff members are always being poached as well. Pats are this, Pats are that, but everyone wants their players and will overpay for them. Funny how the people that hate on them the most, never hate on their franchises for targeting their players and coaches.

The entire NFL. Guys like you who have constantly denigrated them or failed in diminishing their accomplishments, but Pats players typically go over there for cheap or as other team's throw aways and end up leaving with much bigger contracts. Their coaches and staff members are always being poached as well. Pats are this, Pats are that, but everyone wants their players and will overpay for them. Funny how the people that hate on them the most, never hate on their franchises for targeting their players and coaches.
There a huge gulf between "poaching a coach" here and there and "copying" the Patriots.

There aren't many teams making the full-blown attempt of conversion to their Offensive, Defensive and now Front-Office schemes as we have.

O'Brien, Godsey, Crennel, Vrabel, Welker, Izzo, Seely, Easterby, (TBD -Caserio) - that's a hell of a lot of former Patriots on one staff in under 6 years. Hell, I probably missed a former Pat in there somewhere.

Seriously, is there another NFL team that has tried this level of mass importation?

Last edited:
The Pats are made great by three things:

Brady being the GOAT QB that cares more about rings than zeros on his paycheck

Belichick as the HC realizing what he had in Brady and built the team around him

Kraft being smart enough to just sign the checks, get out of the way and enjoy having the most successful franchise of perhaps all time. As recent news has shown he may have got to enjoy it to much but I'll withhold judgement until an actual judge bangs the gavel.

If you take away any of those three things the Pats are just like the Eagles, Packers and Saints. An above average team that is often in the hunt but has hit or miss years. Everyone that tries to copy the Pats will fail unless they to can get those three things or their future versions.

The entire NFL. Guys like you who have constantly denigrated them or failed in diminishing their accomplishments, but Pats players typically go over there for cheap or as other team's throw always and end up leaving with much bigger contracts. Their coaches and staff members are always being poached as well. Pats are this, Pats are that, but everyone wants their players and will overpay for them. Funny how the people that hate on them the most, never hate on their franchises for targeting their players and coaches.
There a huge gulf between "poaching a coach" here and there and "copying" the Patriots.

There aren't many teams making the full-blown attempt of conversion to their Offensive, Defensive and now Front-Office schemes as we have.

O'Brien, Godsey, Crennel, Vrabel, Izzo, Seely, Easterby, (TBD -Caserio) - that's a hell of a lot of former Patriots on one staff in under 6 years. Hell, I probably missed a former Pat in there somewhere.

Seriously, is there another NFL team that has tried this level of mass importation?
Couldn't have summarized it better. Getting a guy from the Pats that fits team X's offense or defense is quite a bit different than, as you point out, than trying to replicate the Pats' offense or defense or drafting strategy.

@ disaacks3 - I'm still debating on whether you should have counted Wes Welker or not... :D

The Texans did this before. We were Denver South before when Kubiak and his appointed GM came from Denver along with a ton of other players and coaches.

O'Brien, Godsey, Crennel, Vrabel, Welker, Izzo, Seely, Easterby, (TBD -Caserio) - that's a hell of a lot of former Patriots on one staff in under 6 years. Hell, I probably missed a former Pat in there somewhere.

The Texans did this before. We were Denver South before when Kubiak and his appointed GM came from Denver along with a ton of other players and coaches. It was just as annoying then. I liked this at the beginning only because I'm a Pats fan too, so the transition of players and coaches were guys I mainly liked. But it has been overboard at this point, and OB is a HC that hasn't evolved at all, and continues to get power it seems. That is really my biggest concern. It may not matter who our GM is if OB is the guy that is leading the team in playoff games against other top teams. The Texans are not in a good spot currently from where I see it as it looks like it will take a lot more time to get rid of OB.

Last edited:
I wonder what guys on the team are thinking? I mean, we've all seen the articles and stuff that say some of the guys on the team don't like OB, etc. Who knows if that is true, but if it is, I wonder what is going on in the locker room? What does Watt, Watson, Hopkins, etc. think about all this crap??

I wonder what guys on the team are thinking? I mean, we've all seen the articles and stuff that say some of the guys on the team don't like OB, etc. Who knows if that is true, but if it is, I wonder what is going on in the locker room? What does Watt, Watson, Hopkins, etc. think about all this crap??

Not being an OB defender, but I can't remember a single article that stated current Texans don't like OB. DB and Brooks both had issues with the organization that extended far beyond their relationship with the head coach. Willing to be corrected though, especially about current players.

Not being an OB defender, but I can't remember a single article that stated current Texans don't like OB. DB and Brooks both had issues with the organization that extended far beyond their relationship with the head coach. Willing to be corrected though, especially about current players.
Mostly just guys trying to get clicks I'm sure but I've seen it a couple of times. Me personally I don't believe it because the team plays hard for him. I'm just wondering what the team as a whole thinks of all this crap.

Patrick Creighton was the last to report there are players who don't like O'Brien.

https://houston.sportsmap.com/brian...unning-out-of-town?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

There have been several sources that have indicated to me that many players on the team do not like Bill O'Brien. Two sources even used the term "hate."

That's when this little nugget got dropped on me:

"Bill O'Brien is running Clowney out of town."

At the end of March, O'Brien said "I really have a great fondness for Jadeveon Clowney," at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix. However, that may not be the real case.

According to several sources, O'Brien is not a fan of Clowney's approach to the game, and feels that Clowney didn't work hard enough last season in returning from surgery. I guess we know for sure where the comments about Clowney not being "the worker bee" some of his defensive teammates (JJ Watt) are came from.

You may also recall the comments from O'Brien in Clowney's rookie season on how JD needed to learn to play with pain, and the team questioned his desire to play in regards to a knee injury he suffered Week 1. He then returned to the team only to make the knee injury significantly worse, and need microfracture surgery. Clowney then returned to the field the following year from microfracture surgery faster than any player in the history of the league. Maybe the accounting of his lack of work ethic is overstated?

The disdain that O'Brien has for Clowney has apparently been simmering for years, and Clowney is wise to it. As a result, Clowney will not give the Texans the contractual discount they are asking of him. He wants to get paid full market rate, and O'Brien isn't happy about it.

Mostly just guys trying to get clicks I'm sure but I've seen it a couple of times. Me personally I don't believe it because the team plays hard for him. I'm just wondering what the team as a whole thinks of all this crap.

I'm going to reiterate my point that this "crap" is simply the firing of one GM and an unsuccessful attempt to bring in their replacement. The personalities and bias of TT members is adding a lot of "crap" to the situation that they are assuming are viewpoints shared by the players. Or at least hoping their viewpoints are shared by the players.

Patrick Creighton was the last to report there are players who don't like O'Brien.

https://houston.sportsmap.com/brian...unning-out-of-town?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3

There have been several sources that have indicated to me that many players on the team do not like Bill O'Brien. Two sources even used the term "hate."

That's when this little nugget got dropped on me:

"Bill O'Brien is running Clowney out of town."

At the end of March, O'Brien said "I really have a great fondness for Jadeveon Clowney," at the Annual League Meeting in Phoenix. However, that may not be the real case.

According to several sources, O'Brien is not a fan of Clowney's approach to the game, and feels that Clowney didn't work hard enough last season in returning from surgery. I guess we know for sure where the comments about Clowney not being "the worker bee" some of his defensive teammates (JJ Watt) are came from.

You may also recall the comments from O'Brien in Clowney's rookie season on how JD needed to learn to play with pain, and the team questioned his desire to play in regards to a knee injury he suffered Week 1. He then returned to the team only to make the knee injury significantly worse, and need microfracture surgery. Clowney then returned to the field the following year from microfracture surgery faster than any player in the history of the league. Maybe the accounting of his lack of work ethic is overstated?

The disdain that O'Brien has for Clowney has apparently been simmering for years, and Clowney is wise to it. As a result, Clowney will not give the Texans the contractual discount they are asking of him. He wants to get paid full market rate, and O'Brien isn't happy about it.

So a reporter says "several sources" told him that many players told these "several sources" that they don't just dislike OB, but actually hate him? And then proceeds to only talk about how OB doesn't like JDC? Not saying every player is lining up to give him handjobs, but c'mon man. This is classic confirmation bias on your part with zero supporting evidence.

If BOB had disdain for JDC he would’ve been traded. The one player we know for a fact that BOB had disdain for was Brock, and they ran him out of town asap. Not liking someone’s work ethic or maturity level, and thus not wanting to commit big dollars and a long term contract does not equal disdain. We can’t discount the injury history either, or that fact that we already have a 100 million dollar guy on the other side of the DL. There are numerous viable reasons that Clowney hasn’t already been locked up in a long term deal

Actually, from reports in the media, JDC wants to get paid like the top pass rushers in the game, but the Macks, Donalds and Millers are a notch above him. To me, his deal should be more in line with Demarcus Lawrence, who’s a better pass rusher than JDC but Clowney’s better against the run therefore it evens out.

So a reporter says "several sources" told him that many players told these "several sources" that they don't just dislike OB, but actually hate him? And then proceeds to only talk about how OB doesn't like JDC? Not saying every player is lining up to give him handjobs, but c'mon man. This is classic confirmation bias on your part with zero supporting evidence.
You forgot about Assweiler. :ahhaha:

BOB didn't run him out of town. He was up front with Andre about what his role would be and Andre decided to leave. He went to the Colts and ended up playing the same role there that BOB had told him he would have here. AJ was no longer a number 1 receiver, but he had not come to terms with it, yet.

I was about to respond to @76Texan with essentially the exact same thing. Hop had become our best WR and Andre struggled with the thought of being a #2 WR. AJ went to Indy and guess what, he ended up caching 41 balls

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnAn02.htm

Also, if AJ had hard feelings about the way he left, I don’t think he’d be back assisting/coaching on BOB’s staff

BOB didn't run him out of town. He was up front with Andre about what his role would be and Andre decided to leave. He went to the Colts and ended up playing the same role there that BOB had told him he would have here. AJ was no longer a number 1 receiver, but he had not come to terms with it, yet.
Same thing.

Luck played in just 7 games, and I don’t think he was 100% in all those games either.
The Colts didn’t have any receiver catching more than 69 balls.
They spread it around.

Also, it was a new system for him, and he didn’t have the time to gell with either QB.

I was about to respond to @76Texan with essentially the exact same thing. Hop had become our best WR and Andre struggled with the thought of being a #2 WR. AJ went to Indy and guess what, he ended up caching 41 balls

Also, if AJ had hard feelings about the way he left, I don’t think he’d be back assisting/coaching on BOB’s staff
Who knows.
AJ might be here to see the end of OB, LOL.

J/k, I’m pretty sure the hiring of AJ was Bob McNair’s wish.
AJ will be here with or without OB.

And according to reports it was conversations he had with BOB that led to his position with the Texans. Sure doesn't sound like AJ thought BOB had run him out of town.

I am not an Obrien fan....but...

The linked story is full of "reports", "according to sources", "several sources", "may not be", allegedly", "we don't know", and the "man who threatened to leave the team". Who threatened to leave the team? When did that happen?

Nary a link or named player quoted. Did he bother to look up / name any former players for confirmation?

Cowardly.

I'm calling b.s by an amateur character assassin. Someone desperate for attention.

This team has enough real problems without this made up krap.

:coffee:

The linked story is full of "reports", "according to sources", "several sources", "may not be", allegedly", "we don't know", and the "man who threatened to leave the team". Who threatened to leave the team? When did that happen?

Nary a link or named player quoted. Did he bother to look up / name any former players for confirmation?

Cowardly.

I'm calling b.s by an amateur character assassin. Someone desperate for attention.

This is how many of these stories go. We're seeing it with the Rockets. We see it in politics. We see it in business. It's often based on sources who want to be anonymous.

If BOB had disdain for JDC he would’ve been traded. The one player we know for a fact that BOB had disdain for was Brock, and they ran him out of town asap. Not liking someone’s work ethic or maturity level, and thus not wanting to commit big dollars and a long term contract does not equal disdain. We can’t discount the injury history either, or that fact that we already have a 100 million dollar guy on the other side of the DL. There are numerous viable reasons that Clowney hasn’t already been locked up in a long term deal

Actually, from reports in the media, JDC wants to get paid like the top pass rushers in the game, but the Macks, Donalds and Millers are a notch above him. To me, his deal should be more in line with Demarcus Lawrence, who’s a better pass rusher than JDC but Clowney’s better against the run therefore it evens out.

They have been trying to trade him pretty hard. But they're not gonna trade him for scraps.

Cowardly.

Brooks, Swearinger, Osweiler... not that I have a side.

Also, after 8 games, without Luck and the Colts going nowhere, AJ's snap count took a nose dive.
They wanted the youngsters to gain some experience.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnAn02/fantasy/2015

And according to reports it was conversations he had with BOB that led to his position with the Texans. Sure doesn't sound like AJ thought BOB had run him out of town.
That is just for show.
There's no doubt the Texans want AJ for publicity.
At least, that's my take on it. :doot:

Back