Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

BADBOY's 2019 offseason FA, trade possibilities and draft thoughts

Another line of thought in a potential Texans / Redskins deal......include a third team that would have a far bigger need for Clowney. That team would have to have the right asset(s) or picks going to the Skins.

I'm going to look at the options and see if there would be any true potential to include a third team in landing LT, Williams.
Yes and thanks for bringing that up; rare in NFL and usually taxes my brain too much. The situation as I see to would be a team like Oakland needing Clowney plus having the compensation. I believe we are in unique position of being able to pay TWill + offer a nice package to Wash and then do a direct deal with Clowney to Raiders.

3 TEAM: Houston sends JD to Raiders for 2 firsts. Jags send Ramsey to Raiders who forwards him to us. We send two firsts to Jags.

Texans get CB Jalen Ramsey and Oakland's highest 2020 first rounder
Jags gets two firsts (Bears [Khalil Mack] and Houston's own) from Texans through Oakland.
Raiders get JD Clowney that they desperately need.

Means they offered a 2nd & a 3rd
Perhaps and I would match as ours are higher. Or most likely the guy reporting offer just thought "Hey, NE added cap space with Brady and might prefer Twill to Geron." As I posted before, I could see him thinking that but I doubt as Bilichik doesn't operate that way historically.

Just reported, the New England Center has blood clot in lung and will miss significant playing time this season. Another offensive lineman goes down

Putting this here because I don't know that there's a good spot for it and bb's post about olineman going down made me think of it. Does anyone know how GM's make it known that they're wanting/willing to trade a player? Seems like a silly question but I'm curious. Send out an email blast to the other GM's? Subject line: Clowney's on the market! And blind cc everyone in case someone accidentally replies all with an offer (joking). Just call the other GM's that you're buddies with? It seems like there's a lot of repeat business that gets done between teams and I would think that this is because of one GM's relationship w/ another. Anyone have any insight?

Just reported, the New England Center has blood clot in lung and will miss significant playing time this season. Another offensive lineman goes down

Maybe the Texans could contact Beli and let them know they have a moderately used Center (Martin) available that was only utilized on Sunday's.....when running. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the team pulled off a trade for Martin, with the Patriots and by season end, he'd be getting Pro Bowl consideration.

Maybe the Texans could contact Beli and let them know they have a moderately used Center (Martin) available that was only utilized on Sunday's. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the team pulled off a trade for Martin, with the Patriots and by season end, he'd be getting Pro Bowl consideration.
OB will trade Martin and Johnson for James White.

:ahhaha:

:bubbles:

With Oakland adding DeAndre Washington to the final 53, perhaps it's time we revisit my suggestion of trading Clowney to Oakland for 1.24 pick Josh Jacobs and picks in 2020?

What about Martin for Dan Henderson? He can play right tackle and Right Guard. He would be a good backup for Henderson and scharping. Also would support leaving Fulton at Center

Just being reported bears swing tackle TJ clemmings injured report may miss this season he was just signed in May.

Starting left tackle vs Rams number 72 Rick Leonard looks really good never saw him actually defeated. A six foot seven 311 Pounder from Florida State University just 22. As a 21 year old he has played for three previous NFL teams on the practice squad and was injured while with Arizona in 2017. Of Interest, well at Florida State University he played defensive end until 2016. Having played tackle for very short time. I am hopeful he can become better. I really liked what I saw preseason game 4. He was drafted 4.27 by Saints and I can't find anyone else who thought he would be drafted. Hopefully he will be a dark horse, if he makes it to the final 53.

There remains a few days in this offseason but I doubt much else to discuss. A huge trade was made for Left Tackle just not the guy I hoped for and certainly not at my price. Still Tunsil could turn out to be a great player and as a Texan I will root for him. I and others have beat this trade to death on other threads and for me I'm ready to move on. I will say I will look for ways to be optimistic and hopeful but still realistic.

Clowney was moved and even worse was finding out Texans also had to pay him a $7 million bonus when he signed the tender before trade could be done. Hey McNair, tell your HC to withdraw the tender and JD becomes a UFA and you keep your SEVEN MILLION and still get a comp third!! One of those new LBs better be a pro-bowler.

Two distinctly different trades. The first , grumble grumble, gets us a possible franchise bodyguard for #4 and that is worth a lot. Tunsil even if only just above average should trickle down improvements to the entire OL and therefore makes QB and RBs better and WRs/TEs should benefit and in turn help rest of offense.

Who is offensive coordinator in reality and whether Kelly or OBrien is either any good?

The second deal imo is a terminating offense and no pun intended. I think even the prayer guy could have gotten the Tunsil deal done. O'brien should be fired now. Crennel controls approx one half the team as defensive players who would not be impacted much. We have several new players and non would be impacted by hiring a new coach. So a minority of the remaining offense could have any issue. I don't see Hopkins being concerned. Only Watson and while he is probably most significant player/position I don't see him being very vocal negatively.

I enjoyed providing info and my thoughts and ideas on players and potential trades. Thanks to over 20,500 views and also to those who posted here.

THE END! Badboy rides into the sunset. Or into other threads anyway.

Back