Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre Johnson released - cut by Colts - signs with Titans

so far Andre looks like well Andre the old.

Yeah. At this particular moment, after watching the game tonight, I don't get the feeling AJ is going to work out in Indy and maybe no where else. He still looks like he doesn't go for the ball, only to get cut off by a DB for the INT.

Not only that, it seems he's Luck's final look before getting out of Dodge.

Andre should have gone to Baltimore. I think their offense suits him more. As far as pagano daring people to single cover him, it looks like they are doing that.

He could t get any separation against the jets.

Going to have to wait and see though because that jets defense looks legit.

There is a long way to go to write him off already. That said, he looks like Reggie Wayne last season. #OldAndBusted

Andre should have gone to Baltimore. I think their offense suits him more. As far as pagano daring people to single cover him, it looks like they are doing that.

He could t get any separation against the jets.

Going to have to wait and see though because that jets defense looks legit.

The Jets are physical up front and can cover in the back .

Also, in fairness, they did just probably play two of the best defenses in the NFL. Tom Brandy doesn't seem to care about that, but he's Tom Brady.

I don't like the way the Texans handled it, but I had more or less written off AJ after last year. A small part of me still left open the possibility that a change of address would wake him up, but that never jibed with what my eyes said.

This just goes to show once again that "winning" the offseason doesn't equate to winning games. The Bucs were crowned the offseason "winners" last year with all of the free agent signings that they made, they went 2-14 with only one of those signings panning out. This offseason it was the Colts that went all out. The media was ready to hand them the Lombardi trophy after signing AJ, Frank Gore, etc.

This just goes to show once again that "winning" the offseason doesn't equate to winning games. The Bucs were crowned the offseason "winners" last year with all of the free agent signings that they made, they went 2-14 with only one of those signings panning out. This offseason it was the Colts that went all out. The media was ready to hand them the Lombardi trophy after signing AJ, Frank Gore, etc.
Philidelphia as well when they had the "Dream Team" as Vince put it.

:ahhaha:

I knew this thread would eventually get bumped from last season.

Where are all of the whiners screaming about how "AJ is still elite" now??

You guys still are angry we aren't paying AJ around $15 million a season now?

Some of the dumbest rhetoric in message board history from the homers in this thread.

Has Andre Johnson lost a stepped or did he just look disinterested last night? It seemed like he took some plays off and didn't give it his all. Has he lost his desire to play at a high level?

17 targets 7 receptions 51 yards this season. Not impressed...but then the colts looked miserable in general.

You mean that same GM that gave up a 1st to the browns for Trent "no vision" Richardson? That GM?

You are really not getting the point of his joke.

Grigson and Irsay aren't Texans Homers and they also failed to see that he'd lost a step.

See? It's funny. And, yes, they're the same guys who thought Trent Richardson could be turned into a real NFL RB. And Trent Richardson was let go by the Raiders but he still hasn't gotten out of their building because he keeps running into the wall beside the door.

See.

Jokes. :)

You are really not getting the point of his joke.

Grigson and Irsay aren't Texans Homers and they also failed to see that he'd lost a step.

See? It's funny. And, yes, they're the same guys who thought Trent Richardson could be turned into a real NFL RB. And Trent Richardson was let go by the Raiders but he still hasn't gotten out of their building because he keeps running into the wall beside the door.

See.

Jokes. :)

lol at the bolded.

Luck will play better, and AJ will produce from it.
That still won't solve their porous offensive line and banged up secondary. Going to be interesting when the Texans play them. I think we can go in with the same game plan the Jets did. Hopefully Duane Brown and Arian Foster are back by Week 5. They should be.

I'd like to see more of Kevin Johnson on T.Y. Hilton though. While Johnson isn't exactly Darrelle Revis he's a young rookie with plenty of upside. We already know T.Y. Hilton burns an aging Joseph all game long and also Kareem Jackson can't shadow him that well either. Joseph can cover Andre like their old practice days.

That still won't solve their porous offensive line and banged up secondary. Going to be interesting when the Texans play them. I think we can go in with the same game plan the Jets did. Hopefully Duane Brown and Arian Foster are back by Week 5. They should be.

I'd like to see more of Kevin Johnson on T.Y. Hilton though. While Johnson isn't exactly Darrelle Revis he's a young rookie with plenty of upside. We already know T.Y. Hilton burns an aging Joseph all game long and also Kareem Jackson can't shadow him that well either. Joseph can cover Andre like their old practice days.

Sheesh, some dude named Philly Brown, PHILLY, for crying out loud, toasted Jjo Sunday! Hilton will have the end zone dance done and a bottle of water down before JJo caught up...

I'd like to trade Johnathan Joseph before the trading deadline on November 3. I was hoping we could snag a 3rd or 4th round pick for him but then I forgot he's no longer a second-team All Pro like he was in 2011. And plus his contract runs through 2017. I'm not sure another team would touch him in a trade.

We shouldn't have re-signed him this past off-season but I understand we wanted Kevin Johnson to learn and grow at his own pace. Not just throw him to the wolves like Kareem Jackson's rookie year. But Kevin Johnson seems very intelligent with great technique. He seems ready to be a starter right now. The kid can hold his own and is a future first-team All Pro. He's a special cover corner. I thought our defense looked better when he was on the field the past two games.

Rick Smith makes moves that makes me scratch my head.

I'd like to trade Johnathan Joseph before the trading deadline on November 3. I was hoping we could snag a 3rd or 4th round pick for him but then I forgot he's no longer a second-team All Pro like he was in 2011. And plus his contract runs through 2017. I'm not sure another team would touch him in a trade.

Not to mention that there would be well over $10 Million in 2016 dead money created if he were traded in-season.

Not to mention that there would be well over $10 Million in 2016 dead money created if he were traded in-season.
Looks like we'll have to just keep him for now then.

http://overthecap.com/player/johnathan-joseph/1670/

We can release him without much dead money (prior to June 1) before the start of 2016 and 2017. I'm sure we will if he's still here by then. His skills have already declined to the point that I feel it's better to just play Kevin Johnson full time.

Only $4 million in dead money for 2016 and $500,000 for 2017. It's team friendly at that point. Trading him before November 3 makes it tougher as you said. His dead money for this season is nearly $16 million. But I'd still do it if a decent draft pick was offered. It's not like we're going to sign a high-priced free agent during this season. We'd wait until next year's NFL calendar.

12039597_960506133992383_9189109717209722540_n.jpg

1 target 0 catches
Sad sad day for AJ
Serves him right. Think he'll catch 40 balls with the Colts this season? Seems like a stretch at this point. He would have caught way more than 40 balls with us. O'Brien was just trying to open his eyes to his diminished physical ability. He scoffed, and went to our division rivals. I love Dre, but have no sympathy for him at this point. He has no one but himself, and his uncle to blame. If he continues to play this way, he will be riding the bench and cut before years end, or at the very least will not return to the Colts next season.

Question. Do the Texans take him back for the rest of the season if he is cut somewhere during the season by the Colts? I see him as an Anquan Boldin at this point in his career, --a possession receiver-- and if someone would use him that way, he could contribute with a lot of first downs IMHO. If I were the GM in Indy, I would be on the phone trying to trade him to the Pats first thing in the morning. Colts are deep at WR, and they have no use for Dre, or at least can't use him properly. I bet Darth Hoodie could.

Serves him right. Think he'll catch 40 balls with the Colts this season? Seems like a stretch at this point. He would have caught way more than 40 balls with us. O'Brien was just trying to open his eyes to his diminished physical ability. He scoffed, and went to our division rivals. I love Dre, but have no sympathy for him at this point. He has no one but himself, and his uncle to blame. If he continues to play this way, he will be riding the bench and cut before years end, or at the very least will not return to the Colts next season.

Question. Do the Texans take him back for the rest of the season if he is cut somewhere during the season by the Colts? I see him as an Anquan Boldin at this point in his career, --a possession receiver-- and if someone would use him that way, he could contribute with a lot of first downs IMHO. If I were the GM in Indy, I would be on the phone trying to trade him to the Pats first thing in the morning. Colts are deep at WR, and they have no use for Dre, or at least can't use him properly. I bet Darth Hoodie could.

I don't know if Dre even has THAT much left in the tank from what I've seen of him the first couple of weeks.

I'm not trying to say that AJ is going to in some way "blow up" and turn into a huge part of the Colts offense overnight or anything but I think he's got more left to contribute than we've seen so far and even if this is pretty much what his season is going to look like I don't have a doubt in my mind that he's going to come to Houston and make a statement on us. He'll have his only 100 yard day against us if it comes to that. Not a doubt in my mind.

Otherwise he's pretty much done at this point. After three weeks he's 149th in receiving yards (51) and rocking a whopping 7.3 yards per reception on 7 catches. interestingly enough right above him and tied for 147th is Owen Daniels. As bad as we've been all three of our primary WR's and Jonathan Grimes have had better years catching the ball than AJ has so far.

If the rest of the season were to play out the way it has for him so far (and I don't think that will happen he'll get better) and AJ finished with something like 35-40 catches for around 260-270 yards I wonder if he'd hang them up or try to hang on another year?

And why in the hell would the Pats be interested in him when he has been worthless to the Colts, and he has a huge contract for that lack of production? The Pats aren't needing help on offense either if you haven't noticed. They're blowing every offense out of the water right now.

Andre wants nothing to do with the Texans either. He isn't coming back here, and the Texans aren't looking to add a guy back who left disgruntled.

e Indianapolis Colts made the move to sign veteran wide receiver Andre Johnson in free agency this past offseason and were hoping that he could be a major difference maker for them this season. That hasn’t been the case so far, and the Colts must be very concerned about Johnson following today’s game against theTennessee Titans as he was held without a single reception.

Johnson was expected to put up big numbers now that he finally has a legitimate quarterback throwing him the football, but he has instead been a huge disappointment. Indianapolis has been struggling in a big way through the first three weeks, and they still looked bad in today’s win. There are quite a few question marks surrounding the team, with Johnson’s struggles being at the top of the list.
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2015/...oncerned-about-wr-andre-johnson-after-week-3/

Andre Johnson still needs to have two or three more big seasons, preferably with a lot of Touchdown catches, if he wants to cement his amazing career and make a stronger case for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think he's first ballot already, but a lot of people will disagree mostly based on his lack of Touchdowns relative to the number of games he has played.

Andre Johnson still needs to have two or three more big seasons, preferably with a lot of Touchdown catches, if he wants to cement his amazing career and make a stronger case for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I think he's first ballot already, but a lot of people will disagree mostly based on his lack of Touchdowns relative to the number of games he has played.

He has one thing going for him that others do not; he was the star player for an expansion franchise. Someone has to be the first Texan in the HoF. To me, that's what pushes him in.

Back