Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Andre Johnson released - cut by Colts - signs with Titans

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only guy in the world who wants to see AJ get the snot knocked out of him by Cushing or one of the safeties when we play him. I mean a real snot-bubble inducing "Welcome Home!" How-many-fingers-am-I-holding-up? Kind of thump.

When he comes back here he's a Colt and I never wish for anything good to happen to a Colt.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only guy in the world who wants to see AJ get the snot knocked out of him by Cushing or one of the safeties when we play him. I mean a real snot-bubble inducing "Welcome Home!" How-many-fingers-am-I-holding-up? Kind of thump.

When he comes back here he's a Colt and I never wish for anything good to happen to a Colt.
you arent the only one.

i hope his diva ass gets knocked straight the **** out

I see what you're saying in terms of overall reverence from the fan perspective. But on AJ's intentions, it's my understanding he intends to keep Houston as his primary residence. To be honest I don't know why. If I had his money and Miami was home I'd buy something there and blow this (Houston) taco stand. But anyway, my understanding is he intends to stay.

I don't boo anyone but the Cortland Innegans of the world so the idea of booing AJ is a non-starter to me.
I wish you the GREATEST FINANCIAL SUCCESS... in MIAMI!

Last edited:
Maybe Texans fans should hope he gets in a car crash or some form of cancer. You know, not life threatening or anything, just enough to end his career. Harsh? Maybe, until you remember he once changed NFL teams.

Maybe Texans fans should hope he gets in a car crash or some form of cancer. You know, not life threatening or anything, just enough to end his career. Harsh? Maybe, until you remember he once changed NFL teams.

Whatever. I'm never going to apologize for wanting the defense of the team I'm following to knock the snot out of someone wearing a Colts uniform. It's not like I haven't been enjoying it whenever it has happened since 2002 with everyone else. I'm just saying that AJ being over there makes no difference to me. He's a Colt.

Whatever. I'm never going to apologize for wanting the defense of the team I'm following to knock the snot out of someone wearing a Colts uniform. It's not like I haven't been enjoying it whenever it has happened since 2002 with everyone else. I'm just saying that AJ being over there makes no difference to me. He's a Colt.
AJ is THEM by choice. But I am wondering if he gets featured against us or benched.

AJ is THEM by choice. But I am wondering if he gets featured against us or benched.

Why in the world would they bench him? So he wouldn't get booed? I've never heard that his old teammates hold anything against him - it is just fans who hate him. The Texans secondary will no doubt do everything they can to shut him down*, that is just normal competitive pride. I doubt any of them go out of their way to try to hurt him.

*and I'm sure the Colts coaches would appreciate the Texans secondary being unduly focused on Andre

Why in the world would they bench him? So he wouldn't get booed? I've never heard that his old teammates hold anything against him - it is just fans who hate him. The Texans secondary will no doubt do everything they can to shut him down*, that is just normal competitive pride. I doubt any of them go out of their way to try to hurt him.

*and I'm sure the Colts coaches would appreciate the Texans secondary being unduly focused on Andre
He's not a top three option so the bench might be a typical location to find him. They are really TOO deep at that position. PERHAPS, he might be released and on another team by the time we play the Colts. He MIGHT even get picked up by us, though we are pretty deep at that position as well. He'd be here if his pride hadn't been wounded too much to take the same package the Colts offered him from us.

He's not a top three option so the bench might be a typical location to find him. They are really TOO deep at that position. PERHAPS, he might be released and on another team by the time we play the Colts. He MIGHT even get picked up by us, though we are pretty deep at that position as well. He'd be here if his pride hadn't been wounded too much to take the same package the Colts offered him from us.

You might want to call up the Colts and share your insight. They have AJ as WR#1.

You might want to call up the Colts and share your insight. They have AJ as WR#1.
We'll see. I assume you are talking about the list they assigned to the intern to produce. You know the same situation that has Su'a-Filo as our starting Left Guard.

We'll see. I assume you are talking about the list they assigned to the intern to produce. You know the same situation that has Su'a-Filo as our starting Left Guard.

Barring injury this is going to be only a short wait to see how wrong you are. He's a starter there.

Same package? What did the Colts offer him? A few million bucks, a great quarterback, and a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl? The Texans might have offered one of those.

The rest of your post was funny though.

Last edited:
Same package? What did the Colts offer him? A few million bucks, a great quarterback, and a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl? The Texans might have offered one of those.

The rest of your post was funny though.
I recognize that I didn't see him when he was great. I've only been watching since 2012. So I suppose my perspective is skewed toward good, but not great.

Hoyer - starter.
Foster - hurt.
Brown - hurt.

I wonder if Andre regrets leaving the Texans offensive circus now?

Hoyer - starter.
Foster - hurt.
Brown - hurt.

I wonder if Andre regrets leaving the Texans offensive circus now?
Don't think there was any regret on either side to begin with. What we lost in production in AJ we gained in veteran leadership, versatility and depth with Hopkins, Washington and Shorts.

Don't think there was any regret on either side to begin with. What we lost in production in AJ we gained in veteran leadership, versatility and depth with Hopkins, Washington and Shorts as all 3 guys are capable of putting up numbers in any single game.

Don't think there was any regret on either side to begin with. What we lost in production in AJ we gained in veteran leadership, versatility and depth with Hopkins, Washington and Shorts.

WTF - veteran leadership? Yeah, right.

We had Hopkins either way. He doesn't count in the equation.

WTF - veteran leadership? Yeah, right.

We had Hopkins either way. He doesn't count in the equation.

Sure he does. He's is the unquestioned #1 now.....& between he, Nate and Shorts those guys more than make up for AJ's lost veteran leadership imo. All of them know what it takes to have success in this league at the position & can impart what they've learned from their varied backgrounds on Strong...hopefully that's what happens anyway.

Sure he does. He's is the unquestioned #1 now.....& between he, Nate and Shorts those guys more than make up for AJ's lost veteran leadership imo. All of them know what it takes to have success in this league at the position & can impart what they've learned from their varied backgrounds on Strong...hopefully that's what happens anyway.

Ummm, still no on Hopkins as he would be here either way.

No idea where you get Washington or Shorts have any leadership qualities at all. What the great jobs they did bringing along ...?

AJ wasn't here last year, folks. We had an impostor wearing #80 and putting up 2/3 of his stats.

That's about to be seen.

Listening to the talking heads on NFLN, and they said AJ will probably be 3-4th on the depth chart. Then they mentioned he'll probably catch 40-45 this year for fantasy players.

I'm not sure I believe it. I get that he's probably behind T.Y. Hilton (even though AJ is listed as no. 1 on the current depth chart), but I'm not sure about those other cats.

Listening to the talking heads on NFLN, and they said AJ will probably be 3-4th on the depth chart. Then they mentioned he'll probably catch 40-45 this year for fantasy players.

I'm not sure I believe it. I get that he's probably behind T.Y. Hilton (even though AJ is listed as no. 1 on the current depth chart), but I'm not sure about those other cats.

Nobody pays $7.5 mil for 3-4th on the depth chart.

Where was the proof AJ brought along anyone up until Hopkins got here? Lol Kevin Walter who i think was in the league before AJ? Lestar "preseason warrior" jean? Keyshawn Martin?

In any event, I'm sure Nate worked with Kendall Wright while in Tenn who hasn't lived up to his draft status, but still a solid WR for them. I'm also sure Shorts probably tried working with the drunkard from OSU.

Sometimes all you need is a guy to show you how to put in work in the league & become a professional...The talent's going to take you as far as it can...& all those guys know how to do that.

My opinion of course & we can agree to disagree as always.

Those other cats are two WRs I would have liked in a Texans uni, and will be targeting in this year's fantasy draft. Moncrief and Dorsett are going to be nice players.

Listening to the talking heads on NFLN, and they said AJ will probably be 3-4th on the depth chart. Then they mentioned he'll probably catch 40-45 this year for fantasy players...
Most fantasy projections have him more at ~70/900/7, coming in from WR15 to WR23 and 40th to 55th overall.

I saw parts of the game, saw the ball thrown to him twice. One pass was off target, and the other was broken up in the end zone. He didn't look too excited.

I saw parts of the game, saw the ball thrown to him twice. One pass was off target, and the other was broken up in the end zone. He didn't look too excited.
Father time is catching up to him like it does for everybody.
I'm shocked he elected to sign with our hated division rival.
I wish him well though. He should have signed with the Patriots.

The entire team played uninspired today, even Golden Boy.
The Colts added an aging running back and wide receiver past their prime and were deemed Super Bowl favorites in the AFC. It doesn't quite work that way. They should have tried to add the Miami Hurricane trifecta and lured Ed Reed out of retirement while they were at it.

The Colts added an aging running back and wide receiver past their prime and were deemed Super Bowl favorites in the AFC. It doesn't quite work that way. They should have tried to add the Miami Hurricane trifecta and lured Ed Reed out of retirement while they were at it.

No the surprising trifecta play they didn't make was Wilfork who they desperately needed.

Colts last year...

Biggest Strengths - QB, WR/TE, Secondary

Biggest Weakness - OL, Pass Rush, LB

Colts FA additions...

34 yr old WR, 32 yr old RB, 32 yr old OG, 32 yr old OLB

Colts Draft additions...

WR, CB, DE, S, DT, RB, LB, OL

The Colts GM just doesn't "get it".

I have no animosity toward Andre. As a fan of the Texans first and foremost I'm ok with the Colts not having an elite Andre.

Back