Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 Texans free agency

If only you had the power, right?

Most everything

I just know what it's going to take or we will be having this same discussion again next yr, just like we've been doing the previous 2 seasons. You can live in denial if you wish.

Most everything? Try pointing out where I'm wrong. Just because you disagree with me (Just like you did last offseason) doesn't make me wrong.

Apparently you forgot I called last yrs debacle about this time last yr. I'm going to wait and see what they do in the draft before I make such a declaration again this offseason.

Well most athletes will tell you their prime yrs are 27-32.

Yes it's unusual. The 49ers kept him until his final yr of his contract and drafted his replacement in the 1st rd. Then trade him to the Pats. Preparing for the future after Staley retires. This is not unusual at all.

Brown and Wynn were fighting it out for the LT position and Wynn got hurt. The Pats prepared for the now and the future. They let Brown walk because they deemed Wynn ready and didn't want to pay Brown. Not unusual at all.

How have the Texans prepared for the future at LT? Davenport and hoping to hit the jackpot on a rookie LT? LMAO

Brown said he had offers from The Patriots, Texans and Raiders . The Raiders made him the offer of a lifetime. The one that will retire his entire family.

Last edited:
According to PFF, Trent Brown was the 32nd ranked OT in the league. His pass pro grade was worse than Kendall Lamm!!!

I know I know... PFF isn't perfect. But if the Texans made him the highest paid OT in the league, I'd want him to have better pass pro numbers than Kendall Lamm, even if that grading system isn't the most accurate.

According to PFF, Trent Brown was the 32nd ranked OT in the league. His pass pro grade was worse than Kendall Lamm!!!

I know I know... PFF isn't perfect. But if the Texans made him the highest paid OT in the league, I'd want him to have better pass pro numbers than Kendall Lamm, even if that grading system isn't the most accurate.

Did you see him in the playoffs?

He's a middle of the pack LT. Definitely better than what they will be able to put on the field even if they pick an OT at 23.

So you're another that thinks off-season is over 4-1-19? If Kalil and Henderson of 2018 are 2 of top 3 OT's on Texans roster (-1-19 I will agree with you. But on 4-1-19 you're just griping to gripe

I don't think it's over, I've just seen enough from obrien that I think this draft will be another disaster from an offensive standpoint

Reminder last year- drafted rankin to be a tackle, but is a guard. Drafted two tight ends, neither could block. Previous drafts: three picks for strong and weird projects/reaches

I don't think it's over, I've just seen enough from obrien that I think this draft will be another disaster from an offensive standpoint

Reminder last year- drafted rankin to be a tackle, but is a guard. Drafted two tight ends, neither could block. Previous drafts: three picks for strong and weird projects/reaches
I like the Fuller and Keke picks, though. Both have the potential (and we’ve seen it) to make up one of the, if not the most dangerous WR group in the NFL. They’re also dumping dead weight like Blue. Not all is unwell.

A potentially brilliant signing that they think is a great fit.

They sign him to a 1 yr deal.

The reporters in this town are nothing more than lap dogs for the Texans org. Any good reporter would've asked the next question, if you have that much confidence in Roby being a major upgrade over KJax why did you only sign him to a 1 yr deal.

Was it you aren't really that confident that Roby is the answer or were you just being cheap? BTW?

BTW, I'm going with the Roby just isn't that good answer.

A potentially brilliant signing that they think is a great fit.

They sign him to a 1 yr deal.

The reporters in this town are nothing more than lap dogs for the Texans org. Any good reporter would've asked the next question, if you have that much confidence in Roby being a major upgrade over KJax why did you only sign him to a 1 yr deal.

Was it you aren't really that confident that Roby is the answer or were you just being cheap? BTW?

BTW, I'm going with the Roby just isn't that good answer.

It was the same situation as Matthieu. Roby is looking for a huge payday after a big year. The Texans would be dumb to offer him that $15m per year over 4 years (or whatever he's looking for) before making him prove it.

Sure, it would have been better to sign him for 3 years at $10m each year, but Roby was not going to sign that.

It was the same situation as Matthieu. Roby is looking for a huge payday after a big year. The Texans would be dumb to offer him that $15m per year over 4 years (or whatever he's looking for) before making him prove it.

Sure, it would have been better to sign him for 3 years at $10m each year, but Roby was not going to sign that.

I'm just saying those questions should've been asked and they weren't.

In what world is Roby ever going to get 15 mil per for 3 yrs?

For a minute there when I saw zshawn post, I thought it was about us acquiring Duke Johnson.

:(

What exactly does he bring to the table? I’m at work and can’t seem to find a quick summary of what he does exactly. All I’ve gotten from the few articles talking about this hire is that he’s some sort of inspirational speaker. Don’t know what to make of this signing...

It's most certainly not my way or the highway or Brown would be a Texan.

What have I posted that's unreasonable.

What's unusual is a 25 yr old LT that just won a SB hitting the FA market.

You can be scared to spend McNair's $$$$ if you want to be. I'm not and that's not unreasonable it's just a difference in opinions. BTW, they wont find a LT as good as Brown without trading up and even then after trading up the draft pick still might not be as good as Brown.

Not signing Brown is probably going to lead to Little being the pick at 23 and I'm not sure that it will be a bad pick, but Little wont be as good as Brown next yr.
Did you say the same thing when They didn’t sign nate soldier?

But it’s not your money! J/k

What exactly does he bring to the table? I’m at work and can’t seem to find a quick summary of what he does exactly. All I’ve gotten from the few articles talking about this hire is that he’s some sort of inspirational speaker. Don’t know what to make of this signing...

He's done a bit of everything it seems:

"Easterby... was hired in 2013 and spent five seasons in New England, where he was a part of three Super Bowl championships. Though Easterby’s official title was team development/character coach, he assumed a number of duties, including meeting and motivating coaches and players, throwing passes during practices to defensive linemen and even offering counsel when the team was making personnel decisions.

Easterby was brought into the organization to help the locker room recover from the fallout of former tight end Aaron Hernandez being charged with murdering Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

Prior to his time with the Patriots, Easterby served as the team chaplain of the Kansas City Chiefs, where he helped the team cope with the suicide of Jovan Belcher in December 2012 after the former linebacker shot and killed his then girlfriend.

Easterby first broke into the NFL in 2005 with the Jacksonville Jaguars as assistant director of football operations, where he helped with salary cap issues."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3343987002

He's done a bit of everything it seems:

"Easterby... was hired in 2013 and spent five seasons in New England, where he was a part of three Super Bowl championships. Though Easterby’s official title was team development/character coach, he assumed a number of duties, including meeting and motivating coaches and players, throwing passes during practices to defensive linemen and even offering counsel when the team was making personnel decisions.

Easterby was brought into the organization to help the locker room recover from the fallout of former tight end Aaron Hernandez being charged with murdering Odin Lloyd in June 2013.

Prior to his time with the Patriots, Easterby served as the team chaplain of the Kansas City Chiefs, where he helped the team cope with the suicide of Jovan Belcher in December 2012 after the former linebacker shot and killed his then girlfriend.

Easterby first broke into the NFL in 2005 with the Jacksonville Jaguars as assistant director of football operations, where he helped with salary cap issues."
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3343987002
I still don’t understand what makes him important, or what difference will having him make. Seems more like a made up position so a useless friend can get a check.

Michael Giardi

✔@MikeGiardi

https://twitter.com/MikeGiardi/status/1101309414408114176

Spoke with several #Patriots about character coach Jack Easterby leaving the organization. One told me “he was a major reason why we played for each other.” Another said “he’s a unique man. Those will be tough shoes to fill.” Finally one noted “lot of change this offseason.”

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1101309414408114176

9:33 PM - Feb 28, 2019

Maybe things weren't as motivated and team 1st last season as thought.
It’s hard for that to happen when everyone is literally playing for themselves. Who can blame them though? Their own personal stats is what determines their worth. If he can get the guys to play together and for each other (highly doubtful) then it’s a win for the organization and a step in the right direction.

It’s hard for that to happen when everyone is literally playing for themselves. Who can blame them though? Their own personal stats is what determines their worth. If he can get the guys to play together and for each other (highly doubtful) then it’s a win for the organization and a step in the right direction.

I think you underestimate the camaraderie of many units and/or teams. But as long as it doesn't take up too much time wth?

WickedOccasionalDodo-max-1mb.gif

Character coach? We don't need no stinking character coaches....

Except they'll be in the same boat again next year. I just don't get this bandaid philosophy. Rip it off next year and stick another one on. And next year there will be even more bo-bo's that need bandaids. Makes one believe they might not trust their own talent evaluations.

Back