Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2014 NFL Draft Thread

Wow, Rick Smith *$&#ed up big time.
I think he was going to trade with KC to get Manziel and Cleveland jumped them.
He was going to take TB at 2-1 and Minny jumped them.

Zero chance Houston can take Derek Carr because of the PR disaster.
I've never been this down on a draft

I wanted a "franchise" capable QB. Whether it was JF, TB, Carr, or Bortles I wanted someone.

We are going to get the 4th best QB at best. At best. We couldn't have given up a few extra picks to move into pick 31 or 32? Unbelievable failure.

I can't believe people are ok with current status quo. Let's remember its Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Losing breeds losing. Sometimes I really hate this team

That`s why I wanted to trade up. Damn. Now trade down, take a project late or trade for Mallet. We had the chance for a franchise QB and blew it.

weh he scared the hell out of me. I don't know why I just couldn't bring myself to really believe in him.

You think?

Based on what?

Chill. If they were that keen they would of done something.

Well, that's interesting. Unless they take Carr, there isn't a QB worth the 2.1 pick now. And they won't take Carr.

Who do you want to be QB?

I don't care if we pick a QB this year. Fitz is fine for 2014. Case can back him up and there's plenty of time to go after Garoppolo or Mettenberger.

I'd even be amused as hell if we ended up with Carr (though I acknowledge that is damn near impossible).

I think we stalk a QB in 2015.

Why the draft has just started?

Gotta go with Carr. He's easily the best qb on the board.

Better arm than the guys that went ahead of him and good mobility.

Well, I'll eat my crow. I told Nitrofish that Fitzpatrick wouldn't be our starting quarterback.

Boy did I underestimate this franchise's stupidity.

I don't care if we pick a QB this year. Fitz is fine for 2014. Case can back him up and there's plenty of time to go after Garoppolo or Mettenberger.

I'd even be amused as hell if we ended up with Carr (though I acknowledge that is damn near impossible).

They aren't touching Mettenberger.

They aren't touching Winston next year either

Team will have no offense this year... in a league built entirely for offense

We're done. 6 wins or less.

Please, that's stupid. How many games we win in 2014 won't be decided by who we pick in this draft. It will come down to how many of the players we already have who we thought were players actually bounce back from 2014 under OB and perform well.

10171622_10202840392745457_1564536235129030484_n.jpg
[/IMG]

I wanted a "franchise" capable QB. Whether it was JF, TB, Carr, or Bortles I wanted someone.

We are going to get the 4th best QB at best. At best. We couldn't have given up a few extra picks to move into pick 31 or 32? Unbelievable failure.

I can't believe people are ok with current status quo. Let's remember its Case Keenum and Ryan Fitzpatrick. Losing breeds losing. Sometimes I really hate this team

Nothing but sunshine! :goodpost:

Please, that's stupid. How many games we win in 2014 won't be decided by who we pick in this draft. It will come down to how many of the players we already have who we thought were players actually bounce back from 2014 under OB and perform well.

:mariopalm:

Epitomy of the loser mentality that has permeated this franchise since its inception.

No need to win now, let's just keep sucking forever and getting great prospects with our high draft picks. Just keep drafting BPA and eventually we'll be a winner, right?

You can't build through the draft if you ignore the most important player on the team. We won't win 8 games with Fitz and Case. I'm not willing to wait until 2015 when you think we'll "stalk a QB."

Sometimes you have to take a risk. A late 1st rounder on a potential franchise QB is not that big of a gamble. Instead we've essentially locked ourselves into trotting out a journeyman QB for an entire year. No potential upside in Fitz or Keenum. We've seen them. They're terrible

The only bad thing Derek Carr has going against him is his last name. If BOB thinks he's the guy then so be it. I'm not gonna judge the guy because his brother is David Carr.

Gotta go with Carr. He's easily the best qb on the board.

Better arm than the guys that went ahead of him and good mobility.

He also folds up like his brother under pressure. We already screwed ourselves. Bridgewater was the one who fell to where we wanted him, but we got greedy and tried to wait all the way through the first. Rick Smith outsmarted himself, like he's got Kubiak telling him what to do.

They aren't touching Mettenberger.

They aren't touching Winston next year either

Team will have no offense this year... in a league built entirely for offense

Yes, I understand. You know it all and because you say so they aren't touching either of those QB's.

Whatever man. Go have a fit over your lost QB fantasy

Mettenberger IMO has the highest upset of any QB on the board.

Texans won't take him though because they're just too scared to try something, ANYTHING, that might be mildly risky.

Now we can sit back and watch Mallet throw picks for us for the next several years after Bellicheck rapes us in the trade.

The only bad thing Derek Carr has going against him is his last name. If BOB thinks he's the guy then so be it. I'm not gonna judge the guy because his brother is David Carr.

McNair won't take him. PR implosion waiting to happen. Unless he wants more fans to bleed over to the Cowboys and Saints (and Browns now apparently)

Maybe you've forgotten that Schaub isn't here anymore. He can't bounce back. Even if we have a top 10 defense and a great supporting cast Fitzpatrick isn't going to take you to the playoffs. Keenum is terrible - we saw that last year.

A first round QB who could come in a provide a spark could've had an incredible impact on our win total this year.

Back