Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

I've got two teams as well if there's an extra person that wants to contribute. Being only half interested doesn't cut it though. :)

Actually, Ole Miss or Shaft75, could I nab either the Cowboys or the Panthers from one of you guys? I hadn't realized the Saints don't have any draft picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Actually, Ole Miss or Shaft75, could I nab either the Cowboys or the Panthers from one of you guys? I hadn't realized the Saints don't have any draft picks in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.

Well you could always trade back from #14 to pick up some extra picks. Then again that would be smart, so we would automatically have to fire you as the Saints GM. :doot:

Well you could always trade back from #14 to pick up some extra picks. Then again that would be smart, so we would automatically have to fire you as the Saints GM. :doot:

We are not doing trades. I think it was decided that it would take too long.

You will get a random team like everyone else. Also make sure you are here. You missed your first round pick last time.

No I didn't, I had the Cowgirls & I picked Jarron Gilbert for them in the 2nd rd.

Washington is fine with me does anyone have a link to the old Hail Redskins site?

The random way is the best way.

I didn't realize that was the way we were going to get the team we were selecting.

No I didn't, I had the Cowgirls & I picked Jarron Gilbert for them in the 2nd rd.

Washington is fine with me does anyone have a link to the old Hail Redskins site?

The random way is the best way.

I didn't realize that was the way we were going to get the team we were selecting.

Sorry. That was imatexan.

We are not doing trades. I think it was decided that it would take too long.

No trades is fine. Most people spend to much time trying to trade than actually picking players anyway. I see no problem with getting rid of it. That still sucks for the Saints GM though LOL.

Well, should we have a signup?

The list I have so far is just:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

Who else wants in? AND, should I let TexansSeminole keep the Ravens and just randomize the rest of us?

ummm... what are u guys doin'?

FYI I am going to create a new thread when we are ready to start picking for the post combine mock and will sticky it.

I think I know who I am going to take but will wait until Friday to make sure all the big time FA's are gone.

This thread will possibly be closed.

Welcome aboard.

:fans:

I pm'd supermario. I probably would have had a crappy draft for the tarps on purpose. I think it might be better this way.

Btw, man will my draft picks change after grabbing smith, orlovsky and possibly a rb. I think the Texans will pick bpa in this one. I am looking forward to the critism of my picks too. I am picking for the home team. Man, that's some pressure!

Is there a 12-hour draft time before we move on to the next team or do we wait untill the team that is on the clock picks? In the real NFL draft, I remember the Vikings got skipped over because there time expired before taking Bryant McKinne (I think).

Is there a 12-hour draft time before we move on to the next team or do we wait untill the team that is on the clock picks? In the real NFL draft, I remember the Vikings got skipped over because there time expired before taking Bryant McKinne (I think).

Well, we hope for people to make their picks before the time expires.

Super_Mario sometimes sends out an e-mail and asks for a list of guys you want to draft when your turn is coming up. That way, if you don't make your pick on time, he'll pick from the list you send him. For example, if there are two guys drafting before you, you can send a list of 3 alternatives and that way you'll get at least 1 guy you want.

But if you don't make your pick on time, the entire group will make the pick for you.

But, please, please, make your pick on time or even early.

Ok, sounds good. I check TexansTalk like every minute so that won't be a problem.

Looking foward to an interesting mock draft...:shades:

I got Cincinati??? :gun: REDEAL!!!!!!!! :foottap:

J/K I guess. Man of all 32 teams I get stuck with the one without any direction. Really, Detroit has less problems then they do. Man I have some work to do. :jogger:

I got Cincinati??? :gun: REDEAL!!!!!!!! :foottap:

J/K I guess. Man of all 32 teams I get stuck with the one without any direction. Really, Detroit has less problems then they do. Man I have some work to do. :jogger:

Hey, at least you have picks. I got stuck with the Saints and they've just got 1 pick in the 1st round and nothing in the later rounds. If this is a 3 round mock, I only get that one pick.

Hey, at least you have picks. I got stuck with the Saints and they've just got 1 pick in the 1st round and nothing in the later rounds. If this is a 3 round mock, I only get that one pick.

Thats rought man. Better make it count! j/k

Maybe you can get someone to give you the cowgirls or panthers??? Honoring Earl 34 or Ole Miss Texan (Is a Dude) hah

Stafford, Smith, Curry. hmmmmmmm

Detroit needs to take a page out of the Miami offseason plans last year and get them a Chad Pennington.

Last edited:
Stafford, Smith, Curry. hmmmmmmm

Detroit needs to take a page out of the Miami offseason plans last year and get them a Chad Pennington.

Curry has to be the guy. He's a one of kind player.

Why wouldn't the Lions make a strong push toward Jeff Garcia? Hell, why aren't they throwing cash at Kurt Warner?

Why wouldn't the Lions make a strong push toward Jeff Garcia? Hell, why aren't they throwing cash at Kurt Warner?

One of a kind player? That's a little much.

I think Garcia would be a good stop gap QB that would allow them to go LT or LB instead of QB which would not pay immediate dividends.

I agree on Curry. He is the best player in this draft. The QB's seem kinda blah, and thats alot of money for the best QB in an average at best class. OT is another position they should think long and hard about. Those guys never hurt.

I agree on Curry. He is the best player in this draft. The QB's seem kinda blah, and thats alot of money for the best QB in an average at best class. OT is another position they should think long and hard about. Those guys never hurt.

Thats alot of money for any player they pick. Not just QB. Yall do understand that Curry is just as unknown as Stafford.

I think its also hard to bring in a OLB and make him the highest paid Linebacker in the league. That is normally reserved for pass rushing DE's, Tackles and QB's.

I really think that Monroe and Smith are the only players threatening Stafford of being the #1 pick. Curry is just about out of the running.

I think its also hard to bring in a OLB and make him the highest paid Linebacker in the league. That is normally reserved for pass rushing DE's, Tackles and QB's.

Doesn't that speak more to how ridiculous top 10 contracts are than how silly it is to make an OLB the high water mark?

Anway I can't pidgeonhole myself into only choosing certain positions because of money if I'm Detroit. They need help, like the best kind of help they can possibly get. Most likely, that's Curry.

One of a kind player? That's a little much.

I think Garcia would be a good stop gap QB that would allow them to go LT or LB instead of QB which would not pay immediate dividends.

Have you seen the gamefilm on this guy? He is a beast and makes plays all over the field. He also explodes into his tackles, which almost makes him of elite status. Pair that with his combine workout and you got yourself the best defensive player in the draft. His ceiling is a little higher also, so imagine what he will look like after a couple of years of experience.

I would say he is a one of a kind, especially in a draft full of first round talent at LB.

BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.

BTW, nice idea with the avatar SuperMario. I will follow suit. I think it should be a rule that if you are going to be in the mock, you have to show your team spirit.

Heck yeah. With the amount of research im doing on the Lions I feel like a Lions fan. Then I go home at night and take a cold shower to revive myself.

Last edited:
Any thoughts on who the Texans should draft?

The Texans are in a tough spot (as mentioned). Many people are suggesting Clay Matthews, and even through I like what I see, I don't think he should go in the first round to the Texans. His lack of expierence as a starter is a major turn-off for me. Maybe in the 2nd or late late 1st but NOT at 15.

I am also looking at Tyrone McKenzie, 6'2" 235-Lbs OLB for the USF Bulls. Great, explosive player with a high football IQ. Led the Bulls in tackles for two consecutive seasons as well. I would love to take him in the 1st but I see that as a bit of a reach (however, not 15th overall).

I know Steve Slaton remembers him well: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_967wudb-I&feature=related

I was also considering Tyson Jackson, but he has a HUGE bust potential if he isn't coached right from the get-go. I think the Texans will have to trade out of that spot to fill our needs because I don't see a 4-3 DE or OLB worthy of taking at 15 (Other then Mckenzie).

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArtic...1&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=1149525&Q_SEASON=2008

Any thoughts on who the Texans should draft?

Since safety is our #1 need in my mind, a player like Delmas in the 2nd would be nice. Also a RB in the 4th would be preferred.

I know there are alot of people against Rey in the first round, but Kubiak has said that "you field the best 3 linebackers you have" regardless of what position they are supposed to play.

I think you go BPA, but a linebacker (Rey Maualuga), or a cornerback (Vontae Davis) would be a nice start.

You are in a tough spot my friend. I am actually glad I didnt get the Texans. Just get your thick skin ready.

Back