Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?

I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!

I'm more concerned with us getting people who will commit to taking the mock seriously than I am with the teams and assigned order... that said I think randomizing is the most fair way to go. If there are people who would prefer Carolina/Dallas, give it to them straight out.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to make the script, PN!

Hey, no problem. It's what I do.

But, you're right. The big thing is getting people who're going to make picks in a timely manner. super_mario sending out reminders to everyone was pretty cool... even though I personally ignored them because I expected to make my picks. Getting a wishlist of 5 possible options when they're 4-5 picks away would help speed things up if people aren't going to be around.

But... some people were looking to deal and make trades and that was taking some time, too. We might want to make this a no-trade mock. There probably isn't any real chance that any trade we make is going to match reality anyway. I mean, who envisioned us trading back last year with the Ravens? And the year before, several of us had us trading back with the Niners and getting Staley, iirc.

I like trades if they are done responsibly. I, for one, am not doing what I think the team will do. I will do what I think is best for the team, what I would do as GM.

Assuming this one has attentive participants, how many rounds are we shooting for?

I was looking forward to 3 in the last one.

But... do we want to have a fallback in case of inattentive participants? Pull the team away and give it to someone who picked in the previous round... if they want an extra team?

I would like to go as far as possible, if people are participating. That would probably be around 3 rounds though...

Mock will start one week after FA starts. So next Friday.

* No trades in this mock.

* 12 Hour Clock.

* We will go three rounds, and after that we can discuss going any further.

* Cowboys and Panthers will be doubled up on a random GM picked by PN's randomizer.

* I will do my best to bug people and notify them when they are coming up. Also GM's have the option of sending me their top 3 and I can proxy their pick.

Any objections?

Give me the Texans, I'm willing to take the heat or

Raiders, Cardinals

Let me know ASAP so I can start my research.

Trades are O.K. but there should not be any trades of players or any draft picks past the 4th rd.

If the board disagrees it's O.K. with me just, let me know so I can do reasearch of the draft value chart.

Thanks

Steel B

* 12 Hour Clock.

* Cowboys and Panthers will be doubled up on a random GM picked by PN's randomizer.

* I will do my best to bug people and notify them when they are coming up. Also GM's have the option of sending me their top 3 and I can proxy their pick.

Any objections?

What about teams? Are we going to randomize? I keep seeing people trying to call certain teams, but I'd like to know the ruling so I can get in line early if it's going to end up being first-come first-serve (which I don't think it should be).

* 12 Hour Clock.

Any objections?

Sounds good. A 12 hour clock will speed things along nicely.

This is my current list

1. The Pencil Neck
  2. steelbtexan
  3. rmartin65
  4. WolverineFan
  5. Specnatz
  6. DiehardChris
  7. Ole Miss Texan
  8. TexansSeminole - Ravens
  9. Mari-OWNED!
  10. mussop - Detroit
  11. gtexan02
  12. HOU-TEX
  13. bah007
  14. super_mario
  15. Texan_JBZ
  16. beerlover
  17. TimeKiller
  18. Honoring Earl 34
  19. YoungTexanFan
  20. Lork 88
  21. jgl35
  22. Kaiser Toro
  23. JCTexan
  24. BigBull17
  25. Shaft75
  26. Goldensilence
  27. Tailgate

Super_Mario... tell me when to go and I'll generate the teams. We're just down 3 at this point. So 3 people will get doubled with "regular" teams and 2 people will get doubled with Carolina or Dallas.

3......2......1...... execute.

Code:
Jets          gtexan02 
Texans        Shaft75 
Buccaneers    TimeKiller 
Dolphins      Honoring Earl 34 
Steelers      Ole Miss Texan 
Bears         jgl35 
Cardinals     BigBull17 
Patriots      rmartin65 
Browns        HOU-TEX 
Eagles        Mari-OWNED! 
Redskins      steelbtexan 
Bills         TexansSeminole 
Colts         Texan_JBZ 
Raiders        Goldensilence 
Saints        The Pencil Neck 
Giants        Lork 88 
Ravens        DiehardChris 
Chargers      Tailgate
Broncos       Kaiser Toro 
Chiefs        beerlover 
Bengals       mussop 
Falcons       JCTexan 
Niners        Specnatz 
Rams          WolverineFan 
Lions         super_mario 
Packers       bah007 
Vikings       YoungTexanFan 
Seahawks      gtexan02 
Jaguars       Shaft75 
Titans        TimeKiller 
Cowboys        Honoring Earl 34 
Panthers       Ole Miss Texan

Look over it and make sure I didn't miss anyone.

I'm proud to represent the Great Fans of Kansas City
kansas-city-chiefs.jpg

The Brownies! I can dig it. :whip:

BTW, props to PN and Super Mario. Y'all hit'em up with some Rep if possible.

*edit: Gotta spread Rep around before giving it to SM again. Somebody hook them up

I expect the Lions to sign a QB to compete with Stanton so they can go defense with the #1 pick.

The Lions need so much help its not even funny.

PTS 32.3 (32nd)
YDS 404.4 (32nd)

PASS YDS 232.2 (27th)

RUSH YDS 172.1 (32nd)

Back