Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2009 Texans Talk Member Mock Draft

Sproles got tagged after I made the pick. I wouldn't have taken Moreno if I knew before the pick. I agree I probably should have taken a linebacker in this one... Both Cushing and Sintim would be good picks for SD.

Same thing with me and the Giants. I picked up Beanie Wells before they had tagged Brandon Jacobs. That changes everything.

I would be a fan of getting new teams as well, along with cutting some of the people that did not show up.

Man on man. Lets revisit this again. We will start when the top FA's are gone. There is no reason to draft before teams spend big money to fill big holes creating different draft needs.

So how to the teams get chosen ? Maybe we could have a mock on who's doing the mock :).

I say this because things got a lot tighter , IMO , after the combine . I'll go again if y'all need someone but I've already had a chance and would let someone else go if they like .

So how to the teams get chosen ? Maybe we could have a mock on who's doing the mock :).

I say this because things got a lot tighter , IMO , after the combine . I'll go again if y'all need someone but I've already had a chance and would let someone else go if they like .

I've offered to write a script to randomly assign teams. I just need a list of everyone who's in.

And you can trust me to really do it randomly.

Really.

Trust me.

EDIT: Actually, I could even put the script up on the internet so someone else, like whoever's moderating, could run it.

I've offered to write a script to randomly assign teams. I just need a list of everyone who's in.

And you can trust me to really do it randomly.

Really.

Trust me.

EDIT: Actually, I could even put the script up on the internet so someone else, like whoever's moderating, could run it.

Trust me ... isn't that what Madoff said ?

I'm down for whatever, not gonna bang one way or another. My only thought is that if we actually know what team we're going to be, we can be following that team's moves and getting to really learn about them before we actually draft. The actual Draft definitely should take place later on when a lot of the FA moves are completed.

Agree on waiting for some of the big FAs to fall off the board.

I'm excited about it. I'm enjoying doing all the mock draft stuff.

Personally, I'd like to assign teams as early as possible so we can take our time to do some research as well as follow the team's moves in free agency.

Well, should we have a signup?

The list I have so far is just:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

Who else wants in? AND, should I let TexansSeminole keep the Ravens and just randomize the rest of us?

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

Who else wants in? AND, should I let TexansSeminole keep the Ravens and just randomize the rest of us?

Don't forget about me! Also I'd like to keep the Seahawks like last time if that's possible. They're my 2nd team behind the Texans since I lived in Seattle for a little while. If not though, I'm not opposed to the randomization.

Don't forget about me! Also I'd like to keep the Seahawks like last time if that's possible. They're my 2nd team behind the Texans since I lived in Seattle for a little while. If not though, I'm not opposed to the randomization.

Im in. I like Detroit if they are open. :chickendance:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan
TexansSeminole

For the guys that want a certain team I'm sorry, but I say just randomize everyone. Some people that were great in the last mock aren't on right now to claim a team so it would be unfair to them if they got a bad draw.

I say just get a full list and then randomize everyone.

For the guys that want a certain team I'm sorry, but I say just randomize everyone. Some people that were great in the last mock aren't on right now to claim a team so it would be unfair to them if they got a bad draw.

I say just get a full list and then randomize everyone.

That sounds fair... as I secretly hope for Chicago:)

It'd almost be like we were in the draft getting picked by a team. I can only imagine the anticipation of seeing who would pick you.

:spit: Oh wait.... you weren't being sarcastic!?

LOL, only kidding! Just giving yall a hard time.

LOL, hey we had a group of about 12-15 posters that did a great job in the last mock. We were on every day trying to keep the thing moving and get it done.

There was also about 5-6 others that somewhat participated, but as for the others I would rather they not be included in the next one. It's really aggravating that they signed up for the mock and then posted maybe twice on the entire 28 page thread.

BTW, I think Super_Mario said he would moderate the next draft if it was popular opinion for him to do so.

He said he would make a list of all the guys that did great in the last mock and then add to it so I don't know how "official" this list right here is.

That sounds fair... as I secretly hope for Chicago:)

It'd almost be like we were in the draft getting picked by a team. I can only imagine the anticipation of seeing who would pick you.

I'm pretty sure everybody and their mom wants to draft for Detroit seeing as how they have the most picks in the first 3 rounds (5) and they have the 1st overall pick. I know that would be my first choice. That's why we should just randomize everyone.

We are sitting at 15 right now. This is the list I've got so far:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan - Bears
TexansSeminole - Ravens
Mari-OWNED!
mussop - Detroit
gtexan02
HOU-TEX
bah007
super_mario
Texan_JBZ

I've noted the preferences above but so far the sentiment seems to be to randomize everyone.

I'd like to do another draft, hopefully a smoother one!

Any team will be fine for me if I can be a part of it again, just let me know!

We are sitting at 15 right now. This is the list I've got so far:

The Pencil Neck
steelbtexan
rmartin65
WolverineFan
Specnatz
DiehardChris
Ole Miss Texan - Bears
TexansSeminole - Ravens
Mari-OWNED!
mussop - Detroit
gtexan02
HOU-TEX
bah007
super_mario
Texan_JBZ

I've noted the preferences above but so far the sentiment seems to be to randomize everyone.

That would seem to be the fairest course of action since many competent members aren't here right now to claim a team.

That would seem to be the fairest course of action since many competent members aren't here right now to claim a team.

Agreed. And the list forming is fine.

Add Honoring Earl 34, YoungTexanFan, Lork 88, jgl35, Kaiser Toro, JCTexan, BigBull17 please.

OK. I don't think anyone wants the Cowboys or the Panthers. We're sitting at 27 people right now.

I could take the Cowboys AND the Panthers and then randomize the rest. But we still need to get 4 more people so we don't have to give someone 2 teams.

I've written a script that takes two lists: a list of participants and a list of teams. It reads in both lists and then randomizes them. Then it assigns teams until it runs out of participants. It re-randomizes the participants and assigns the rest of the teams.

No biggie.

But I had a thought, I could force the Cowboys and Panthers to the end of the teams list. That would make it so that whoever had the Cowboys or Panthers would have two teams.

How does that sound to everyone?

And when do we want to put the cut-off for signing up? And do we want to put in some rules about people who don't make their picks to speed things up?

Back