Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

YTF's Early Offseason Plan

I guess you forgot about Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Both were better looking prospects than AJ IMO. You could argue that Larry Fitzgerald was also because of his hands.

I'll give you CJ, but not Williams. Julio is going to be that level of prospect though.

I'll give you CJ, but not Williams. Julio is going to be that level of prospect though.

The only Knock on Williams that I can remember was that he was injured a couple of times. Nothing major though. AJ had a rep of dropping easy passes wich knocked him down a few nothces as a prospect. Overall they were pretty close. C Johnson was the best WR prospect i have ever seen and i have been watching the draft long before it became the cool thing to do.

I also like this Julio kid but i want to see him against better competition in big games before i declare him that level.

Max Unger from Oregon is a good Center too.

I've heard in some places that he could play tackle though.

You win up front .... the guy's in the backfield cant produce if your line cant protect. WTB interior linemen in the upcoming draft and FA.

the problem with taking interior linemen is that you can usually find some good fits later, case in point New Orleans got Carl Nicks, Nebraska in the 5th rd. alot of posters here including ytf thought highly of him but the Texans passed him by 4th & 5th rds. already he is entrenched as the Saints starting LG, not bad & he doesn't look bad out there with the big boys as a rookie imagine how good he's going to be.....:thinking:

Duke is a similar player in terms of strength & size. might be worth a look with the Texans 2nd rd. pick but he is a big boy for the ZBS.

G Robinson from OU

C Mack from CAL

Mike Mayock really banged the OU o-line hard last week...." they are all day two guys"..His words not mine. I think he's under rated the Texas DTs myself.

There are three centers on the board with first round potential grades in the preseason. Very rare for one to go off the board in the first . Much less three before the third.

I believe they are going to do with Myers what they did with Tim Bullman. The only way he gets out of there is if he is hurt. It's going to be very hard for him to play his way out of starting center.

I guess you forgot about Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson. Both were better looking prospects than AJ IMO. You could argue that Larry Fitzgerald was also because of his hands.

I agree with this.. Andre Johnson wasn't a natural hands catcher when he came out. He's made him self into one though. A lot of hard work went into snatching the ball over the head of the Miami DB on that fourth and ten play last week. The ball was short and he just decided bad throw or not he was going to make the play. And he did.

the problem with taking interior linemen is that you can usually find some good fits later, case in point New Orleans got Carl Nicks, Nebraska in the 5th rd. alot of posters here including ytf thought highly of him but the Texans passed him by 4th & 5th rds. already he is entrenched as the Saints starting LG, not bad & he doesn't look bad out there with the big boys as a rookie imagine how good he's going to be.....:thinking:

Duke is a similar player in terms of strength & size. might be worth a look with the Texans 2nd rd. pick but he is a big boy for the ZBS.

You are right, interior linemen can be found in the middle rounds and it happens that they turn into key pieces for their team (starters). However, that happens with every position. Romo to Warner to Selvin Young to ....

My point is that yeah, it happens, but it happens everywhere else too. Sure, it is a more frequent occurance with interior linemen because very rarely are there guys who are expected to be All-Pros, not with the hope of developing into that calibur, but with the expectance that they are truly that good. That is Robinson.

Maybe I'm just playing devil's advocate, but I really like Duke, even in the ZBS; hell, especially in the ZBS. Do you want to be the LB standing in the zone of Robinson's rail block?

Watched the OU game this weekend and was trying to look at prospects for this team. I was watching for Loadholt but Lendy Holmes in the secondary was solid. The announcers said he has played CB and FS. Anyone know his projected round?

Watched the OU game this weekend and was trying to look at prospects for this team. I was watching for Loadholt but Lendy Holmes in the secondary was solid. The announcers said he has played CB and FS. Anyone know his projected round?

Lendy is a FS, 6ft 200 lbs. looks like he could be another C.C. Brown type who was drafted by the Texans in the 6th rd.

awesome...keep it up and too bad you don't want in marketing, because it means you will have to work for a different team other than the Texans of course. You can't quote me on this personally, but someone in the front office once told me that the Texans are a marketing company with a football division. Don't shoot the messenger. :gun:

A blast from the past

Back