Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You are GM of the Texans for the next 4 months

I've got Prince going in the late 4th/early 5th, Same with Vaughn, Thomas.

The guys I really like in the 4th are Johnson and Spears
RB's I like in the 4th and beyond are Sean Tucker, DeWayne McBride, Israel Abanikanda, Kendre Miller, Travis Dye, and Roschon Johnson...and maybe Deuce Vaughn and Tyjae Spears. Spears can also sub in as a slot WR, so he could be a good choice.

So don’t take Mahomes because he’s from an Air Raid offense and needs a year to learn how to read defenses?
Mahomes was the 10th pick. He was my favorite QB in that draft, but because I had questions about him, I thought he should have been picked in the 12-15 range. I thought he needed to sit for a season and learn the NFL before starting, which is what KC did with him, but they jumped up to get him at 10, because they had the luxury to be able to sit him. The Texans don't have that luxury. If the Texans draft a QB in the top 10, they will have to start him.

Like I said, I like Hyatt, but he is more of a slot guy. He's only 6'-0", and I like taller guys for the #1 spot. Like Cooks, the smaller, shiftier guys are better suited for the slot. They can play as the #1 if they are all you have, but they would be better in the slot.
Smaller shiftier guys are good on the outside when doing abrupt cuts across the middle and from the outside doing button hooks and faking deep routes coming back for the pass. Rice will be
excellent at that. We keep talking about slots but we also need Y and Z. I would be great with Johnston, Hyatt and Rice for our QB. Demeco should be able to greatly improve what we have on D without picks. Spend some of that cap for MLB and a DLine to stop run and disrupt QB.

Mahomes was the 10th pick. He was my favorite QB in that draft, but because I had questions about him, I thought he should have been picked in the 12-15 range. I thought he needed to sit for a season and learn the NFL before starting, which is what KC did with him, but they jumped up to get him at 10, because they had the luxury to be able to sit him. The Texans don't have that luxury. If the Texans draft a QB in the top 10, they will have to start him.
If Stroud or young is selected at 2, I do expect him to start but they could also sign Derek Carr after he is cut.

Smaller shiftier guys are good on the outside when doing abrupt cuts across the middle and from the outside doing button hooks and faking deep routes coming back for the pass. Rice will be
excellent at that. We keep talking about slots but we also need Y and Z. I would be great with Johnston, Hyatt and Rice for our QB. Demeco should be able to greatly improve what we have on D without picks. Spend some of that cap for MLB and a DLine to stop run and disrupt QB.
There are a lot of WR's I would be ok with. Metchie is supposed to be our Slot guy. His status determines whether or not I pick a guy like Hyatt or Zay Flowers. I like both of them, but I think it is easier to find those guys later in the draft. Guys like Johnston and Rice are harder to find.

There are a lot of WR's I would be ok with. Metchie is supposed to be our Slot guy. His status determines whether or not I pick a guy like Hyatt or Zay Flowers. I like both of them, but I think it is easier to find those guys later in the draft. Guys like Johnston and Rice are harder to find.
I am really hoping that Demeco Ryans will use the draft to improve the offensive side of the ball and free agency to address the defense. I keep reminding myself that we don't have to fix everything this off season . I just am so greedy.

When today started, the Texans had 11 picks. Now they supposedly have 12, what was exchanged I wonder if this is true?

You have to attack the draft where it is strong and FA where the draft is weak.
There are a lot of draft theories out there.
I think they're forgetting about the Blake Cashman deal. The Texans 6th round pick should belong to the Jets. The Texans 7th round pick should belong to the Vikings in the Blacklock pick swap (6th for Blacklock + 7th).

I like Rice, but Hyatt ,imo, is going to have a bigger impact on opposing defenses.

Hire the hottest young OC out there, get best QB at #2, best playmaker (TE/WR) at #12. Assess the 5 weakest remaining spots on the roster and draft 3 of those spots with our 2nd and 3rd round picks and pay up some serious $$$ to get legit starters from FA for the other 2. Tell Caserio he better hit on both firsts and a couple lower picks or he is out. We HAVE to build a juggernut offense to go against all the top AFC QBs. We need to attempt the Cincy model of getting high level QB/WR playmakers on rookie deals and filling out some quality around them with cap room, etc...Remember Zac Taylor was looking to get fired a couple years ago and then it turned out his young playmakers were revelations and 2 years later he has gotten to a Super Bowl and another AFC Championship game. In a time we should be going all in on offense we are hiring a defensive coach because he was a great legacy player for us. Very Texans. Stinks of Cal if you ask me.

Wait? Whaaat?? YOU are the new GM, why do you still have Caserio on board. YOU'RE FIRED!!! NEXT!

Things like this depends on the particular draft.

You might think there are 15 better players than Mahomes & I think there were. But you know Houston is looking to draft a QB. & they're picking 12.

You talk to the team picking at 11, but they're not moving. You talk to the people at 10 & decide if it's worth the move.

Doesn't mean your evaluation was wrong. If the Texans had a QB, KC most likely doesn't trade up to 10.

I keep seeing people want a QB with #2 and a WR with #12. I hope we don’t go that path. IMO it’s too soon to draft QB and or a skill position guy that high. this draft is loaded with CBs And DEs. I don’t ever remember seeing this many quality CBs and DEs in one draft. There is a shortage of top tier WRs but a good group of second tier.
I hear ya but man our front seven is horrible. We have one above average DT, one promising young LB and one edge that looked good for a few games at the end of the year. EVERYONE else is a JAG at best.

Our interior Oline has from left to right has a huge ?/Possible bust. the worst C in the league and another JAG. The OTs are Tunsil a great pass protector who wants to “set the market” with a huge contract. He’s also know for stupid penalties at the worst times and half as effort in run blocking. You have to wonder if our new HC will put up with that ****. keep Your eyes on that. Howard, well Howard sucks plain and simple.

Thats the foundation of your team right now. Our trenches are in bad shape. That needs to be addressed before we go off buying a bunch of shiny new accessories.

im calling up Seattle and Detroit and telling them I’m Looking to trade down. Looking for two first round picks before I go QB. A haul like that is what we should be looking for first and foremost.

Trade with Seattle
#5 #20 #37
for #2 and #65

trade with Detroit
#6 #18 #48
for #2 and #65

I like Rice, but Hyatt ,imo, is going to have a bigger impact on opposing defenses.
I agree. However, Metchie is supposed to be that guy. If he's not, I'd love to have Hyatt. My issue with taking Hyatt is that he would probably stop you from getting a big #1. If I could get both Johnston and Hyatt, or Hyatt and Rice, sign me up. I just want to make sure we get that next AJ or D-Hop.

I keep seeing people want a QB with #2 and a WR with #12. I hope we don’t go that path. IMO it’s too soon to draft QB and or a skill position guy that high. this draft is loaded with CBs And DEs. I don’t ever remember seeing this many quality CBs and DEs in one draft. There is a shortage of top tier WRs but a good group of second tier.

I hear ya but man our front seven is horrible. We have one above average DT, one promising young LB and one edge that looked good for a few games at the end of the year. EVERYONE else is a JAG at best.

Our interior Oline has from left to right has a huge ?/Possible bust. the worst C in the league and another JAG. The OTs are Tunsil a great pass protector who wants to “set the market” with a huge contract. He’s also know for stupid penalties at the worst times and half as effort in run blocking. You have to wonder if our new HC will put up with that ****. keep Your eyes on that. Howard, well Howard sucks plain and simple.

Thats the foundation of your team right now. Our trenches are in bad shape. That needs to be addressed before we go off buying a bunch of shiny new accessories.

im calling up Seattle and Detroit and telling them I’m Looking to trade down. Looking for two first round picks before I go QB. A haul like that is what we should be looking for first and foremost.

Trade with Seattle
#5 #20 #37
for #2 and #65

trade with Detroit
#6 #18 #48
for #2 and #65
My first choice if we stay where we are is to get DT Carter @1.2 and DE Tyree Wilson or DE Myles Murphy @1.12. If the DE's are gone at 1.12, I'll take Quenton Johnston if he's there.

Trade with Seattle
#5 #20 #37
for #2 and #65

trade with Detroit
#6 #18 #48
for #2 and #65
Agree with everything although I wouldn't mind Top WR talent at #12. Huge need and as we saw the last couple of years with Chase and Hill, respectively, having a true #1 WR is massive. Part of what really stunted Mills and whichever QB plays this year without one.

After thinking about this if the owner doesn't make me pick a QB and now that Ryan's is the new HC,

1-7 Anderson edge
1-12 Drew Sanders LB/edge
2-33 Luke Musgrave TE
2-46 Mazi Smith DT, Trading Cooks and pick 3-73 to the Pats for pick 2-46.
3-64 Andrei Iosivas WR
4-103 Rickey Stromberg C, if I had to trade up I would.
5. Deneric Prince RB
6. Zack Zuntz TE
6.Attonio Mafi OG

Fa

Ebukam
Ward
FA QB

Things like this depends on the particular draft.

You might think there are 15 better players than Mahomes & I think there were. But you know Houston is looking to draft a QB. & they're picking 12.

You talk to the team picking at 11, but they're not moving. You talk to the people at 10 & decide if it's worth the move.

Doesn't mean your evaluation was wrong. If the Texans had a QB, KC most likely doesn't trade up to 10.

Houston wasn't picking 12, the Browns were. We were picking 25th.

My first choice if we stay where we are is to get DT Carter @1.2 and DE Tyree Wilson or DE Myles Murphy @1.12. If the DE's are gone at 1.12, I'll take Quenton Johnston if he's there.
I can not bring myself to believe Demeco who was hired to make players better is going to look at Hueghes, Green and an extended Okoronko and say nah, I have to go use two round ones on DL.

I can not bring myself to believe Demeco who was hired to make players better is going to look at Hueghes, Green and an extended Okoronko and say nah, I have to go use two round ones on DL.
Those are edge guys. I want Carter to upgrade Roy Lopez and Kurt Hinish. Hughes is 34, and at the end of his career. Greenard hasn't been able to stay healthy. Green and Okoronkwo are JAGS, and don't show up most of the time. I can skip getting the edge rusher, and go with one of the WR's if you think we have the future sack leader on the team already, but I think we need to upgrade that position.

Those are edge guys. I want Carter to upgrade Roy Lopez and Kurt Hinish. Hughes is 34, and at the end of his career. Greenard hasn't been able to stay healthy. Green and Okoronkwo are JAGS, and don't show up most of the time. I can skip getting the edge rusher, and go with one of the WR's if you think we have the future sack leader on the team already, but I think we need to upgrade that position.
I understand you POV but I think Ryans will run with those 3 for 2023 and get his D in 2024 draft for the most part. IMO, defensive guys adapt quicker to NFL than offense. Tuipulotu, Gervon Dexter and Kalijah Kancy {if risk of his neck doesn't scare off team) can bring basically same as Carter and day 2. Another reason I'm hoping for trade down.

I understand you POV but I think Ryans will run with those 3 for 2023 and get his D in 2024 draft for the most part. IMO, defensive guys adapt quicker to NFL than offense. Tuipulotu, Gervon Dexter and Kalijah Kancy {if risk of his neck doesn't scare off team) can bring basically same as Carter and day 2. Another reason I'm hoping for trade down.
If we can get Mazi Smith, I'll be ok with not getting Carter. I'd like Kancey as a backup to Maliek Collins.

If we can get Mazi Smith, I'll be ok with not getting Carter. I'd like Kancey as a backup to Maliek Collins.
I would be very happy if Ryan's 1st four picks looked like this

1-12 Schmitz
2-33 Musgrave
3-64 Smith I would trade up if needed.

This would solve getting their butts kicked in the trenches every week.

I would be very happy if Ryan's 1st four picks looked like this

1-12 Schmitz
2-33 Musgrave
3-64 Smith I would trade up if needed.

This would solve getting their butts kicked in the trenches every week.
You would be happy, but I would call it a wasted draft. I'm not picking a TE in my first 4 picks, if at all. I'd be glad to have Schmitz, but he'd be a big reach at 1.12. Smith, I'm all in for.

You would be happy, but I would call it a wasted draft. I'm not picking a TE in my first 4 picks, if at all. I'd be glad to have Schmitz, but he'd be a big reach at 1.12. Smith, I'm all in for.
Musgrave is a top end talent, He can threaten the middle of the field and is a really good blocker. A playmaker, if you put an Musgrave/Quitoriano at TE and Schmitz at center those 3rd and shorts get converted. With Smith in the middle and I hope Givens comes with Ryans from the 49ers and the run defense will look much better. Benton is really showing out at the Sr. Bowl too, so there are options at the DT position. Build the trenches.

If you want to run the ball better and stop the run, these are the guys that can help accomplish this. Each one of these guys are dominate guys.

Last edited:
Back