Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You are GM of the Texans for the next 4 months

I know rugby and football are too different sports but I always found the lil guys were always harder to hit (tackle). The bigger guys being a bigger targets were a lot easier to get a good solid shot in.

Sooo maybe, just maybe Young’s size will work for him (or not)….but so far he seems to know how to avoid the big hits.

p.s im on the Anderson train btw

I know rugby and football are too different sports but I always found the lil guys were always harder to hit (tackle). The bigger guys being a bigger targets were a lot easier to get a good solid shot in.

Sooo maybe, just maybe Young’s size will work for him (or not)….but so far he seems to know how to avoid the big hits.

This will be a 1st in the NFL.

Why. We’ve already named several and like always you rinse and repeat the same darn question.

That’s freaking lame ash skit dude.

Good freaking grief
I'm guessing the only sub 6'0 QB in NFL HISTORY to win a championship is Wilson and Young/Wilson's body types/games are as different as night and day.

I value Bruschi's opinion when he said he doubted Young's ability to stay healthy for an entire season (20 games)

Bruschi knows a thing or 2 about being an undersized guy in the NFL.

Y'all are looking for reasons to draft a guy that probably can't hold up to 20 weeks of NFL pounding. Heck his duck could've grown 3 inches and 10 pounds but it's not going to matter. He's a small framed guy and those guys historically don't last in the NFL.

What gets me is no QB his size or weight has been drafted in the last 5 years, except for maybe later in the draft, certainly not at 1-2, but y'all are all on board. Discount size now, pay the price later. I hope the Bears/Colts pick him a d take that out of the Texans hands.
I'm neither for or particularly against the Texans drafting BY. If he's their guy, then roll with it. Not in the last 5 years, but a 1st ballot HoFer for sure.
Drew Brees Stats, Height, Weight, Position, Draft, College | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Looks like we may be releasing Desmond king, he posted an Instagram story saying “well time to move back to LA and then a pic of him in a chargers jersey.
Would be an interesting move he had a good year

Looks like we may be releasing Desmond king, he posted an Instagram story saying “well time to move back to LA and then a pic of him in a chargers jersey.

Hate to hear that. Hopefully that means the team is bringing back Tavierre Thomas.

I thought King played well as a Texan. I would have liked to have seen him get more of a look at safety while here.

Hate to hear that. Hopefully that means the team is bringing back Tavierre Thomas.

I thought King played well as a Texan. I would have liked to have seen him get more of a look at safety while here.
Agreed, but Ryans knows exactly the types of players he wants for his defense.

The point I and some of the others are making is no one single flaw rules a guy out IF he shows he can play in the big picture
I agree.

I'm not against drafting Young. I'm against drafting him in the top half of the draft. Not with 1.2, not with 1.12

Then that means I won't get him. I'm ok with that.

I don't want them to draft a QB with 1.2, but if they draft Stroud I'm OK with that.

I don't want them to draft a QB with 1.12, but I won't be mad if they do, as long as it's not Young.

A badass vertically challenged QB like Russel Wilson was there in the 3rd round. Is Young a better prospect or worse prospect than Russ? Not only is Young short, he's also skinny.

Different NFL, I get it. Different draft, I understand. Bryce Young should be drafted much higher than Russ, because of the success Russ had on one of the best defensive teams in a generation.

Top of the 2nd, bottom 1st.

Last edited:

According to @CloakNNNdagger, Young has already had 4 AC injuries, with the last being just from hitting the ground after being tackled, but not even by someone falling on him. If he's already had 4, he's going to have more, and all it takes is one that is more serious, and he's done for the year.

According to @CloakNNNdagger, Young has already had 4 AC injuries, with the last being just from hitting the ground after being tackled, but not even by someone falling on him. If he's already had 4, he's going to have more, and all it takes is one that is more serious, and he's done for the year.
He's going to be a Texan for sure with that injury history.

I don’t know, but I think lucky posted somewhere he’s only missed one game in his career?

Indeed interesting. Nelson and Sting starters but I am surprised a bit. $3 million savings for what?

Last edited:
Indeed interesting. Nelson and Sting starters but I am surprised a but. $3 million savings for what?
Turns out he was trolling he posted on Instagram after that and said “just kidding guys I’m not going anywhere” or something like that

Top needs to address this offseason in no particular order:

QB, C, WR, TE, MLB, DT, DE, S

I want to spend in FA to clear the needs of MLB and C off the board with quality vets. Also would like to add legitimate competition for Mills at QB and get a vet upgrade at S to lessen need to use premium pick in draft for that position.

That means draft top targets are QB (still), WR, TE, DT, DE.

I really hope the team uses that second first on the best DL available. I think the impact player value is higher than the WRs relative to what’s available day 2.

But there are DL and TEs galore in this year’s draft! Lets load up and finally take those off the list of needs.

Then of course we have depth needs like RB, swing interior OL, and DBs. But let the draft come to you and see how the board shakes out rather than address with premium picks.

Yeh, can't figure his, supposed, injuries out. I've found nothing mentioning them. High school, maybe? What I do know is he started 15 games in 2021 and won the Heisman with his playing. He started 12 games in 2022, missing one game due to his minor shoulder injury. He played behind Mac Jones in 2020.

Yeh, can't figure his, supposed, injuries out. I've found nothing mentioning them. High school, maybe? What I do know is he started 15 games in 2021 and won the Heisman with his playing. He started 12 games in 2022, missing one game due to his minor shoulder injury. He played behind Mac Jones in 2020.
Exactly! I just went through google and it’s only showing 1 injury in which he only missed one game.

Top needs to address this offseason in no particular order:

QB, C, WR, TE, MLB, DT, DE, S

I want to spend in FA to clear the needs of MLB and C off the board with quality vets. Also would like to add legitimate competition for Mills at QB and get a vet upgrade at S to lessen need to use premium pick in draft for that position.

That means draft top targets are QB (still), WR, TE, DT, DE.

I really hope the team uses that second first on the best DL available. I think the impact player value is higher than the WRs relative to what’s available day 2.

But there are DL and TEs galore in this year’s draft! Lets load up and finally take those off the list of needs.

Then of course we have depth needs like RB, swing interior OL, and DBs. But let the draft come to you and see how the board shakes out rather than address with premium picks.
I am hoping for trade down from 12 and get Isaiah Foskey later round 1 and pick up another pick. He is really solid with consistent stats last two seasons.

Come on free agency!

There’s no reports of any other injuries.
There was an article of Saban discussing the recent tear saying "he [Bryce] has had some ACs before and he did well." From October 2022 IIRC. It also mentions different things Young has been taught to use in his home to heal and strengthen shoulder.

There was an article of Saban discussing the recent tear saying "he [Bryce] has had some ACs before and he did well." From October 2022 IIRC. It also mentions different things Young has been taught to use in his home to heal and strengthen shoulder.
Here's article about healing methods.

I don't know that I would make it that far. Once the fully guaranteed contract is signed, I'm showing my backside.

I'm firing everybody not named me. Then I'm replacing my scouts with Mayock, Jeremiah, @steelbtexan, @beerlover, @Texansphan, & @gafftop.

Then I'm creating a whole new division "Any and all trades will be considered" headed by @badboy

@xtruroyaltyx will lead the coaching search & were going to start in the trenches best OL coach we can find, best DL coach we can find & we'll find a HC/OC/DC who can accept that even if i have to bring Culley, Caldwell, & Romeo out of retirement.

then I'm going to put my foot so far up Dr Lowe's heiny he'll have Adidas stamped on the backside of his teeth & I'm going to beg @CloakNNNdagger to head the medical & training staff.

Then I'm going to kick back, smoke a Cigar, with a glass of Glenlivet 1948 & watch Cal kill on MarioKart.
Just saw this. The only input from me at this time is DO NOT TRADE UP!!!! If anything trade down if it is a good deal. No way they should be considering giving up anything to move up. Nothing is worth trading up for. I would consider not getting a QB in the first round and getting players that will be around and contribute on field. Defense or offense.

What does that have to do with trying to predict when Young will get getting hurt?
I'm not predicting he will get hurt.

I'm looking at whether any other QB his size has ever sniffed the playoffs, much less a championship. I've got 3 guys, Flutie/Murray/Tarkenton in the history of the NFL and you want to bet 1-2 on that?

I'm not predicting he will get hurt.

I'm looking at whether any other QB his size has ever sniffed the playoffs, much less a championship. I've got 3 guys, Flutie/Murray/Tarkenton in the history of the NFL and you want to bet 1-2 on that?

Add to that only one of these guys has been a starter in the NFL in the last two decades. Tark played in a completely different era. Even the size of players when Flutie was around in the 80's and 90's were smaller than today where we have sports science and nutrition at early ages producing world class athletes.

I remember growing up as a Cowboys fan watching their defenses in the late 70's and early 80's. There entire front line (Jones, White, Martin, Dutton) were all between 6'4"-6'9" and weighed 255-275. Their linebackers (Hegman, Henderson, DD Lewis, Breunig) were all 6'1" and weighed 225. Granted there were a lot of drugs, alcohol and demons to be exorcised on that team, but dang they were good.

Pretty sure today we would make all those LB's into safeties and question the effectiveness of a 255 lb. interior lineman.

I'm guessing the only sub 6'0 QB in NFL HISTORY to win a championship is Wilson and Young/Wilson's body types/games are as different as night and day.

I value Bruschi's opinion when he said he doubted Young's ability to stay healthy for an entire season (20 games)

Bruschi knows a thing or 2 about being an undersized guy in the NFL.
I also would not be surprised if BY's hand size becomes an issue.

8" hands will be an issue.

In overall circumference, college footballs can be up to 1-1/4 inches smaller than NFL footballs.
Seeing that we have no idea of Young's hand size, remind me of how Kenny Pickett's 8-1/2" hands affected his draft selection.

Seeing that we have no idea of Young's hand size, remind me of how Kenny Pickett's 8-1/2" hands affected his draft selection.

He had 38 fumbles in college. Many attributed that to his smaller than average hand size based both on history of draft (NFL study shows 9.5" as average among first round QB's from 2008-2020), and considering he is prototypical size at 6'3" and 220 lbs. His projected late first round selection already accounted for any ball security issues he had, whatever the actual cause may have been. His stock wasn't going to - and didn't - drop any further because of the official measurements.

Back