Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will the Texans get desperate in their search of a GM and HC?

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Why could they not be both? If Dashaun thinks there are two or three HC candidates that can be the guy and one is a minority why should he not want that guy? I have no problem with it.
TK never said they couldn't be both.

Nor did he say that Deshaun shouldn't have a preference for any minority candidate, or any candidate for that matter.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So you've got no reason to believe Watson wants a "minority" head coach. You just said that for no reason at all?
You asked for a name and I gave you one.

Why did you ask the question if you didn't want an answer. I also noticed that you left out the part of my post where I named minority coaches who although wouldn't be my 1st choices I would be happy for the Texans org to bring in as their next HC. I wonder why that is?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Why could they not be both? If Dashaun thinks there are two or three HC candidates that can be the guy and one is a minority why should he not want that guy? I have no problem with it.
Nor should anybody have a problem with it.

My problem is DW4 shouldn't have any say as to who becomes the next HC. Do you think the Packers put Rodgers on the hiring committee before they hired their HC?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
You asked for a name and I gave you one.

Why did you ask the question if you didn't want an answer.
I didn’t ask “who?” I asked “why?”

Why do you believe Watson wants his next coach to be a minority. Race was not on anyone’s radar until you said:

I wonder who the next minority DW4 will want to be his next HC?
you interjected race into the discussion & we want to know why.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
My problem is DW4 shouldn't have any say as to who becomes the next HC. Do you think the Packers put Rodgers on the hiring committee before they hired their HC?
It is generally accepted by most that McCarthy was fired because Rogers didn’t want him as his head coach. It is more than likely Rogers was asked for his opinion on McCarthy’s replacement. The Packers just aren’t as transparent as the Texans.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I didn’t ask “who?” I asked “why?”

Why do you believe Watson wants his next coach to be a minority. Race was not on anyone’s radar until you said:

you interjected race into the discussion & we want to know why.
Like I said in another post it was just an observation and I wouldn't be surprised that if Bienemy didn't want to come here DW4 would want another minority HC like Leftwich.

Feel free to disagree with me if you like.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Nor should anybody have a problem with it.

I think the problem begins when you don't say "No QB should be in selecting HC/GM process." You did in your second sentence in this post I replied to. Do that and I doubt you have any controversy. It is when you add comments that you know is going to result in flames.

You often remind me of a certain guy who will be changing homes in a few weeks. He drops a comment, then appears startled when he gets a verbal punch thrown at him. He enjoys the counter punching. Neither of you care about result but perhaps you should.

Sometimes it isn't about the controversy but the quality of the content of all posters involved.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
It's not an observation. It is not based on any concrete facts. It is a frivolous opinion based on nothing but what is floating around in your head.

You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to creating facts when there are none.
I never said they were facts but lets see how things turn out before you make this post. For instance Wanna bet Quincy is the new QB coach? Don't you find the people DW4's chosen to help him improve his game curios? I sure do.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think the problem begins when you don't say "No QB should be in selecting HC/GM process." You did in your second sentence in this post I replied to. Do that and I doubt you have any controversy. It is when you add comments that you know is going to result in flames.

You often remind me of a certain guy who will be changing homes in a few weeks. He drops a comment, then appears startled when he gets a verbal punch thrown at him. He enjoys the counter punching. Neither of you care about result but perhaps you should.

Sometimes it isn't about the controversy but the quality of the content of all posters involved.
I'm not startled and I'm just pointing out what I see. That is ucomfortable for some to come to grips with. I really dont care about what others think. But this will all be over in 4-5 more championshipless seasons. I'm just counting the days/yrs. Hopefully I'm granted that much time on this earth.

I do care about the Texans winning a championship which they will never do under the current leadership they currently have. It's time that the fanbase acknowledge this.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
I never said they were facts but lets see how things turn out before you make this post. For instance Wanna bet Quincy is the new QB coach? Don't you find the people DW4's chosen to help him improve his game curios? I sure do.
Like Chad Morris and Dabo Sweeney..

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Like Elliott who I happen to love and would be one of my top candidates to hire if I had a top college job open.

Y'all keep bringing up Clemson stuff, DW4's a far different guy than he was at Clemson. In fact he's been with the Texans longer than he was at Clemson.
I don't know what Elliott has to do with anything here.

And I don't keep bringing anything about Clemson up, like at all. But Morris and Sweeney were undoubtedly two men 'DW4 chose to help him improve his game', like you were asking about.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I don't know what Elliott has to do with anything here.

And I don't keep bringing anything about Clemson up, like at all. But Morris and Sweeney were undoubtedly two men 'DW4 chose to help him improve his game', like you were asking about.
This post here is bringing up Clemson stuff.

This is the NFl and he hasn't improved.

I don't get the point of your post. Dabo/ Morris certainly didn't prepare him for the NFL nor should they have tried too.

Last edited:

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
This post here is bringing up Clemson stuff.

This is the NFl and he hasn't improved.

I don't get the point of your post. Dani/ Morris certainly didn't prepare him for the NFL nor should they have tried too.
Where else have I brought up Clemson anything to 'keep bringing it up'?

You asked about people he's chosen to help improve his game.. how on earth can you not include Morris and Sweeney, it'd be ridiculous not to. He went from being a high school standout to a 1st round pick under them, and he absolutely chose them. You're just being difficult to not acknowledge it.

OptimisticTexan

2024 / Rebuilding Block 4 After Playoffs / Texans
Like Elliott who I happen to love and would be one of my top candidates to hire if I had a top college job open.

Y'all keep bringing up Clemson stuff, DW4's a far different guy than he was at Clemson. In fact he's been with the Texans longer than he was at Clemson.
......and therein lies the problem, Clemson was the silver platter and the Texans are the platter full of turds and of OB’s creation. What results were you hoping for?

Last edited:

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Tom Brady and Drew Brees worked with the same Tom House who worked with Nolan Ryan. All QBs have someone they work with that are not on the coaching staff. How much space does DW4 occupy in your head that you're at the point where you are just creating rabbit holes and filling them with total gibberish? Do you really need to manufacture this unnecessary stuff to keep him as your least favorite player on the Texans?

I don't mean to be rude, but you're just talking out your a$$ with little to no proof or even logic.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Tom Brady and Drew Brees worked with the same Tom House who worked with Nolan Ryan. All QBs have someone they work with that are not on the coaching staff. How much space does DW4 occupy in your head that you're at the point where you are just creating rabbit holes and filling them with total gibberish? Do you really need to manufacture this unnecessary stuff to keep him as your least favorite player on the Texans?

I don' mean to be rude, but you're just talking out your a$$ with little to no proof or even logic.
So you're saying Quincy has coached DW4 well and that he's got a great track record coaching QB's?

DW4's not in my head at all. I know what he is. I just answer posts directed to me.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
The Texans being unbearable contributes to the atmosphere around here. If we had this forum back in the Oiler days I wonder how many folks would have been making the same posts they do now, just with different player names. :lol:
The Texans have been unbearable before and the atmosphere hasn't been this bad. It's when you have a troll who spends an inordinate amount of his life on a freaking message board, pulling **** out of his ass, claiming he doesn't know how to post links, and bullshit like that, that makes for a bad atmosphere. That and everyone responding to him with legit takes thinking it matters. Guys like that don't care. He's the Skip Bayless of message boards. Spewing crap to get a reaction. And it works. I mean, who's the most infamous poster at TexansTalk? You can't have legit discussion with people like that, because they're not here for legit discussion. They're here to incite and get reaction.

I don't mean to be rude, but you're just talking out your a$$ with little to no proof or even logic.
Can't be rude if it's truth.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
The Texans have been unbearable before and the atmosphere hasn't been this bad. It's when you have a troll who spends an inordinate amount of his life on a freaking message board, pulling **** out of his ass, claiming he doesn't know how to post links, and bullshit like that, that makes for a bad atmosphere. That and everyone responding to him with legit takes thinking it matters. Guys like that don't care. He's the Skip Bayless of message boards. Spewing crap to get a reaction. And it works. I mean, who's the most infamous poster at TexansTalk? You can't have legit discussion with people like that, because they're not here for legit discussion. They're here to incite and get reaction.

Can't be rude if it's truth.
Good points. At least Skip Bayless gets paid to spew his nonsense. For someone to spend such inordinate amount of time and effort to get a reaction out of faceless strangers on the forum of a mediocre NFL team that is irrelevant outside of Houston, is really, really sad.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Wasn't Watson a ball boy for the Falcons when Vick was their QB? Didn't he patterned his game after Vick. This week, he mentioned Cam Newton as his favorite QB. I take it SteelB will be posting that DW4 wants Vick and/or Newton as HC or OC or QB coach.

I think you are missing the point on the Quincy angel .... In my opinion , he's coaching him to be what he wants to be rather than what he needs to be. He's trying to re-create Vick rather than help Watson evolve as a QB.

It's been proven time and again that Vick type QB's are ... Not for long in this league in terms of health and success.

This was what I was getting at when talking about Watson's philosophy of playing QB - He's trying to do too much on his own and attempting to manufacture the explosive plays and again , those are great but they aren't your bread and butter , defenders are just too good in this league for that to be successful , particularly against the better coached teams that you face in the post season.

What Watson has in Quincy is a yes man , not the man he needs to be all he can be.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
I think you are missing the point on the Quincy angel .... In my opinion , he's coaching him to be what he wants to be rather than what he needs to be. He's trying to re-create Vick rather than help Watson evolve as a QB.

It's been proven time and again that Vick type QB's are ... Not for long in this league in terms of health and success.

This was what I was getting at when talking about Watson's philosophy of playing QB - He's trying to do too much on his own and attempting to manufacture the explosive plays and again , those are great but they aren't your bread and butter , defenders are just too good in this league for that to be successful , particularly against the better coached teams that you face in the post season.

What Watson has in Quincy is a yes man , not the man he needs to be all he can be.
Very well said. A smart QB coach is not going to be nice and let him do it. But, a bad one will just take the check and let him do whatever.

House is proven, look at the stats of Brady and Brees. They always improve and on top of that they are both ancient by NFL standard and still playing at a high level.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
So you're saying Quincy has coached DW4 well and that he's got a great track record coaching QB's?

DW4's not in my head at all. I know what he is. I just answer posts directed to me.
I quoted the two posts I read .... not singling anyone out.

I even @steelbtexan and told him let it go.

@Double Barrel if you must.
I let it go,

I haven't mentioned DW4 at all since that post.

I did ask what Quincy Avery's qualities as a QB coach is, because I honestly dont know the answer to that question. Maybe he's worked with HOF'ers like Tom House has.

Earl34

Hall of Fame

My point in bringing up House is he was a former baseball player without any knowledge of an NFL offense who was able to help Brees, Brady, Ryan, Stafford and even Goff with their mechanics. The majority of QBs have a personal QB coach or someone not on the coaching staff to work with them during the offseason. That doesn't mean that they should be hired or even want to be the team's QB coach.

Mahomes and Garoppolo have a QB coach who was drafted in the 5th round of the 1983 draft. Does anyone think that whatever their personal QB coach tells them is greater than what Reid or Shanahan is teaching them? Does anyone think that their personal QB coach who is not at practice during the season has more influence than the HC or OC on how they execute the game plans? If you don't think Mahomes or Garoppolo would ignore their HC or OC, why is it different for Watson?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

If DW4 tries to emulate Vick's play he will be lucky to be as successful as Vick was. Vick was LJ before LJ. DW4's not Vick/LJ.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Lj is more Cam than Vick. Watson is more like McNabb or Young

I dunno about that .... Cam is a BIG dude , more Roethlisberger without the savvy than anything else.

Vick was elusive as can be but not the Mack Truck that Cam is. He had some wacky mechanics too.

McNabb .... he was a tweener.

Watson is probably better than all of those guys as a pure passer and more elusive than Cam or McNabb by far but not like Vick or LJ , those two are slippery like an eel.

I think Watson can be really good if he can turn off the big play mentality and take those plays when the opportunity presents itself rather than trying to force it - just move the damn chains.

Mangler

Toro de España
I think Watson can be really good if he can turn off the big play mentality and take those plays when the opportunity presents itself rather than trying to force it - just move the damn chains.
I think the new HC (assuming the Texans get it right) can help fix that by setting up a system that actually works. I still stand by my belief that Watson running a WCO would fit him as the EP did Brady. Especially with ZBS.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
So, the Texans "sought" his opinion. Watson and Mahomes are friends. He sees the Chiefs offense. If Cal asked him, it's only logical that he would give his opinion based on what he heard from Mahomes and saw during that 51-7 run? I'll bet if Bieniemy isn't available, Watson would say Kafka, the Chiefs QB coach.

Texansballer74

The Marine
So, the Texans "sought" his opinion. Watson and Mahomes are friends. He sees the Chiefs offense. If Cal asked him, it's only logical that he would give his opinion based on what he heard from Mahomes and saw during that 51-7 run? I'll bet if Bieniemy isn't available, Watson would say Kafka, the Chiefs QB coach.
That’s why I posted this article. Some people needs the truth, maybe they’ll lay off the crazy talk.