Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Fuller suspended 6 games

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
do you want to bring back an oft injured atleast 2 time PED violator for atleast 10 mil per yr?

Hard Pass for me.

Use that 10 mil to get under the cap.
I agree with you.
6 games is 1st time? I think he might have been suspended at some point before. If he was hurt, and normally he is, they probably didn't go public. I think 2-3 is 1st time offense. Is the rules below in effect? AKA the new CBA 6 game not the 4 game?

First-time positive tests for anabolic substances currently trigger a four-game ban. Under this CBA proposal, said offenses would cost a player six games, Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk reports. ... Additionally, players who attempt to manipulate samples will be given eight-game suspensions.Mar 1, 2020

justmy2cents

All Pro
Contributor's Club
After everything that's happened this year, misplaced enthusiasm is actually refreshing at this point.

Okay Thorn .... I've laughed at this post 3 separate times !
No sweat .... we'll just go back to last's years offensive plan .... run-heavy .... it's not like we don't have the horses .... after all, Duke led all rushers with 36 yards on Sunday. I cam imagine a bunch of HillBillies laying around, singing - Gloom, Despair, and Agony on Me .... Ohhhh !

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
Opens the question of why he didn’t bring it to the team doctor as well. Even if just to ask “Is this stuff legal?” then he could at least say the age and told him it was fine. Hell I have to report any medication I get put on to work and I don’t work at a place that has the strict rules the NFL does. He knew exactly what he was doing which is why he went to a doctor that would give him what he wanted.
Most SMART players (please cut or trade Fuller) go to a doctor with the NFL List. And if a doctor DID perscribe it, he should be allowed to say so. It would make Fuller not 100% dirty as you can get. Seeing as of now he looks like he was buying stuff from some bodybuilding chick out behind the local gym.

Earl34

Hall of Fame
Whats with the wr drama here? Keke in the dog house for no apparent reason, Hopkins so argumentative with the coach he gets traded for peanuts, Stills and team mutually agree to part ways, Fuller5 suspended?

Something doesn't add up. Texans wr coach John Perry should never get a job again with a resume like that.

I wonder what the cause of all the bs is? I find it suspicious that this happens after Fuller5's best game of the season. He's healthy and displayed his talent as well as he's going to. Now shut it down and cash out this off-season.

I'll ask the question out loud:

What if he got suspended on purpose?
Didn't Cobb have an issue with how John Perry was coaching the WRs?

FuzzyLogic

Mathematically Possible
I'm gonna take PED's and get myself out of this season too!

My statement...

I apologize to my fellow posters, the internet trolls, and whoever else may be reading this. I knowingly took a banned substance to get my TV and internet privileges revoked so I would no longer have to watch this dumpster fire of an organization go about their daily affairs. I promise not to do a damn thing to correct this situation until the Texans figure out how to stop being an embarrassment of a football organization.

SnakeEyes

Under NRG
We need to bring someone into the organization to help with these character issues.
I bet Cal will be right on that...
This is NOT a random thing the truth is I don't doubt more than the 2 are on something.

This whole franchise hot garbage.
Just how Cal likes it. And not to start a fire just a point. Watson has missed some time each year...till now, could he be using too?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I'm going to bring up the obvious

Would anybody take a 4th rd pick for WFV now?

This is what happens when you let players make personnel decisions.

What could ever go wrong with the GM/HC searches?

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club

Earl34

Hall of Fame
I bet Cal will be right on that...
This is NOT a random thing the truth is I don't doubt more than the 2 are on something.

Just how Cal likes it. And not to start a fire just a point. Watson has missed some time each year...till now, could he be using too?
Wow. Are you serious or joking? Does facts matter on this forum?

Since getting hurt his rookie year and not playing in a meaningless week 16 game last year, can you tell us about Watson missing time every year?

Jadmakaveli

Veteran
Boy be going out sad, everything is Deshaun fault .

Edit: Even when you didn’t think he could go this low he managed to reach uncharted territory. Unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Doc, I know you know your stuff on this but this article says under the current CBA it’s 6 games for first offense (upped from 4 with the previous CBA)

I knew back in March, a new CBA adjustment was to be ratified regarding the PEDs portion of the change, but I was never able to find that the change was indeed ratified, although there were diffuse reports of the marijuana and substance abuse changes being accepted. Evidently, all issues were ratified. :tiphat:

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Doc, I know you know your stuff on this but this article says under the current CBA it’s 6 games for first offense (upped from 4 with the previous CBA)

Since the 2020 season began, there have only been a total of 7 players penalized for PEDs............3 in the last week.

But this is what had/has me questioning the validity of the first PEDs offense resulting in 6 game suspension.:

Cowboys' Luke Gifford suspended two games by NFL for violation of league PED policy
The special teamer and linebacker will be eligible to return on Dec. 4
https://www.cbssports.com/writers/patrik-walker/
By Patrik Walker
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:45 am ET1 min read

There's a list of absences the Dallas Cowboys are attempting to work through on both offense and defense, all due to a variety of injuries, but they'll now be without a linebacker for an entirely different reason. Luke Gifford, a second-year talent who's been relegated to special teams under Mike McCarthy, has been suspended two games by the NFL for violating the league's PED policy -- sources confirm to CBS Sports.

The shortened suspension is directly linked to the new collective bargaining agreement, and hints strongly at it being Gifford's first offense and likely for either a masking agent or league-banned stimulant. Gifford will be eligible to return to the team on Dec. 4, following the meeting with the Baltimore Ravens, putting him in line to return to live action for Week 14 against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Kenjon Barner suspended four games for violation of PED policy
BySTEVEN TARANTO Oct 6, 3:49 PM

banned1976

sleeper mode
Watson is perhaps involved. Face it the kid misses time every year. And now suddenly he is great? Just saying that with 2 stars already popping a positive we can't rule it out. For the record I HOPE WATSON is not involved.
I don't think your post is sincere when you write "I hope Watson is not involved." Think of all the Watson-bashing mileage you could get out of it if he was involved? Who am I kidding, of course you've thought of it. You wouldn't have made that post if you hadn't thought of it.

Mr teX

Hall of Fame
I don’t really believe that nonsense about a doctor. These guys know what’s going into their bodies. And I am sure they get advised by teams all the time about making sure a substance is approved or not.

As someone who has outright witnessed doctors doing unscrupulous and self-serving things all under the guise of trying to “save” a patients life, I can tell you that it’s very easy for a doc to go off script from what they tell you and it can be very hard for a patient to keep up.

lesson learned? doctors get paid to practice medicine...& practice they do.

in this rare instance, the doctor’s priority doesn’t quite align with the patient’s. The doc’s is to get Fuller well & healed by using all the best available legal medical therapies and best practices at his disposal. Fuller’s is to get all that done, without triggering the banned substances policy. It’s rare, but Sometimes those things crossover.

and like T-skyss said, dudes been having hammy issues since he got here, I’d look for an outside doc too; too much at stake for him this year. People don’t like to look at it this way, but Choosing a doc is not all that different from choosing a car to buy bro...lol. The doc has to sell u on his skills and abilities, just like a car salesman does when you go buy a car.

So in that regard I blame WFV mostly, but at the same time, the blame on the doc, I could see some of that too b/c you gotta be able to trust that that dude is doing what he’s telling you he’s doing.