Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wildcard Round - Bills at Texans

I'm almost convinced that after being down 16-0 DW finally said that's enough and took over the play calling and in the process saved OB's job.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Manning unofficially the play caller in Indy despite having a competent coaching staff? Wouldn't it be grand if Watson would (could) do the same here in Houston? Let OB worry about game management. Let Watson worry about racking up the points....

Great win. I'll take it. It's truly mystifying that BOB hasn't figured out how to get Watson going yet. He's been correctly compared to Steve Young because of their skill sets so it was telling to me what Steve Young had to say about Watson and the play calling at half time:

"get him physically involved. He sits in the pocket and get sacked, and it affects your emotions as well, it's really hurtful to the team not getting Deshaun physically involved"

We didn't call a qb run play until a little more than 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter. That is when the game turned around. Deshaun finally got his mojo going and the Bills weren't able to keep teeing off on him after that. The defense then feeds off of the momentum when the offense has something going on. I can't understand why BOB doesn't get this for the life of me.

Excellent observation!

Reactions: Max
Evidence? The only “evidence“ is your subjective opinion.
We have six seasons of evidence with an entirely new group of players and yet we have the same slow and pathetic starts now as we did our first go round. The only constant is our coach. But you’re too stubborn to see that

Evidence? The only “evidence“ is your subjective opinion.

Lack of opening scoring drives, scoring averages, constant misuse of timeouts and challenges, terrible schemes, and lack of growth isn’t subjective. It’s all on film. As opposed to I refute your reality like you’re Micheal Scott declaring bankruptcy. Great football talk. I see why people started ignoring you.

Speechless. I've learned to take Watson as he is. If he were so anxious to throw the ball away all the time we would never have plays like that. He's clearly being held back from his true potential to destroy the league. What a W. I'm glad he gets his first playoff win

Go Texans. Great TEAM win overall, great adjustments after a miserable first half. This won't work against Baltimore or KC so we have work to do.
I can foresee the Chiefs offense picking apart our defensive secondary and their defense blitzing DW into oblivion!

Great win. I'll take it. It's truly mystifying that BOB hasn't figured out how to get Watson going yet. He's been correctly compared to Steve Young because of their skill sets so it was telling to me what Steve Young had to say about Watson and the play calling at half time:

"get him physically involved. He sits in the pocket and get sacked, and it affects your emotions as well, it's really hurtful to the team not getting Deshaun physically involved"

We didn't call a qb run play until a little more than 1:30 left in the 3rd quarter. That is when the game turned around. Deshaun finally got his mojo going and the Bills weren't able to keep teeing off on him after that. The defense then feeds off of the momentum when the offense has something going on. I can't understand why BOB doesn't get this for the life of me.

Yep, BOB needs to let DW4 run some designed running plays early in the game to hopefully get him going. You certainly dont want to have to rely on his arm, particularly from the pocket. DW4 just isn't good throwing from the pocket or reading defenses for that matter.

Hope they make the most of his few plays before he hurts himself again. I don't think he will play a full game the rest of this season or any other for that matter.

What is so mystifying about BOB not being able to figure something out? What is truly mystifying is that BOB is still here?
What is truly mystifying is BOB hasn't figured out he is an idiot and got help.
Even Forrest Gump knew that.
BO'bs biggest weakness is his ego. He reluctantly makes adjustments but does so because he ultimately has no choice. He likes to think he is always right and his system does not need to adjust or be tweaked.

Yep, BOB needs to let DW4 run some designed running plays early in the game to hopefully get him going. You certainly dont want to have to rely on his arm, particularly from the pocket. DW4 just isn't good throwing from the pocket or reading defenses for that matter.
It's only a negative if your game plan tries to make him something he's not. Watson is who he is, now adjust the game plan accordingly and we're all set. The problem is that the game plan keeps trying to make him more of a pocket qb than he is.

You certainly dont want to have to rely on his arm, particularly from the pocket. DW4 just isn't good throwing from the pocket or reading defenses for that matter.

You do understand none of them are right? All the way back to Andrew Luck, not good consistently from the pocket.

Not Luck (who finally showed promise from the pocket the year before he decided to retire), not Goff, not Wentz, not Prescott, not Mahomes, not Tannehill, not Jackson, not Allen. Not Darby.

imo, Watson is closest of all of them to successfully making the transition.

You do understand none of them are right? All the way back to Andrew Luck, not good consistently from the pocket.

Not Luck (who finally showed promise from the pocket the year before he decided to retire), not Goff, not Wentz, not Prescott, not Mahomes, not Tannehill, not Jackson, not Allen. Not Darby.

imo, Watson is closest of all of them to successfully making the transition.

Mahomes and Tannehill are actaually quite good from the pocket.

Where do you get that I'm hanging my hat on Mahomes or Tannehill because I said they're better from the pocket than DW4 is?
Because he isn’t. Not one game. Not one stat shows that he is. It’s a ridiculous statement. Same as saying Josh Allen is better than Watson. You just keep saying crazy things.

Because he isn’t. Not one game. Not one stat shows that he is. It’s a ridiculous statement. Same as saying Josh Allen is better than Watson. You just keep saying crazy things.

Yet people keep complaining about BOB keeping DW4 throwing from the pocket. Why are they complaining if DW4 is better than Mahomes/Tannehill throwing from the pocket. Because these guys are actually quite good at throwing from the pocket.

SMDH

Mahomes and Tannehill are actaually quite good from the pocket.

No they are not. Mahomes rarely throws from the pocket. In year two as starter Reid continues to move the pocket, gets him on the edge & use his athleticism the way many would like BO'b to use Watson.

Tannehill. I like Tannehill. But to say he's quite good from the pocket just goes to show we have different opinions of what quite good from the pocket means.

Mahomes/Tannehill throwing from the pocket. Because these guys are actually quite good at throwing from the pocket.

They complain because their OC doesn't restrict them to a stationary pocket.

Take away Tennessee's run game, like we did in Tennessee. Tannehill is not consistently good from the pocket.

Yet people keep complaining about BOB keeping DW4 throwing from the pocket. Why are they complaining if DW4 is better than Mahomes/Tannehill throwing from the pocket. Because these guys are actually quite good at throwing from the pocket.

SMDH
The debates aren’t related. Watson being better at something doesn’t mean he’s terrible at another. Mahomes is constantly on the move. Tannehill is not very good from the pocket. He’s an average QB

They complain because their OC doesn't restrict them to a stationary pocket.

Take away Tennessee's run game, like we did in Tennessee. Tannehill is not consistently good from the pocket.

Apparently we were watching different games. Tannehill was pretty good in that game. Look at the yds the Titans gained in that game.

The debates aren’t related. Watson being better at something doesn’t mean he’s terrible at another. Mahomes is constantly on the move. Tannehill is not very good from the pocket. He’s an average QB

Mahomes actually threw from the pocket alot this yr after he got hurt. We must be watching different Tannehill's because he throws very well from the pocket and played above avg this yr.

DW4 played above avg as well this yr. Why are you trying to turn this into a DW$/Tannehill debate?

Mahomes actually threw from the pocket alot this yr after he got hurt. We must be watching different Tannehill's because he throws very well from the pocket and played above avg this yr.

DW4 played above avg as well this yr. Why are you trying to turn this into a DW$/Tannehill debate?
You’re wrong but ok.

You specifically called out Tannehill not me.

I thought you didn’t care about stats. You went off the “eye test”

I dont

The reason the Texans won that game was the defense kept the Titans down in the 1st half. I just was saying Tannehill had a well above avg game that game. What are you trying to argue?

I dont

The reason the Texans won that game was the defense kept the Titans down in the 1st half. I just was saying Tannehill had a well above avg game that game. What are you trying to argue?
Tannehill is not better than Watson from the pocket. Like you said he was

Apparently we were watching different games. Tannehill was pretty good in that game. Look at the yds the Titans gained in that game.

Like I said. Different opinions of "quite good" 60% completion 7.7 ypa.... not quite good in my book & those numbers include his off script plays.

When we kept him in the pocket he was not good.

8 of his last 11 he has been (Tannehill that is)

Nice to see the new posters commenting.

Still interesting at how some here cannot give evaluations of a coach or player based on overall performance rather than a few plays. For me #4 moved a lot higher in my opinion for taking control..finally in second half. He still had several mistakes that were not on Coach. O'Brien still needs to go. A possibility although infinitesimal, CAL insists O'Brien becomes GM only with no game participation..perhaps like a Ric Smith? I could accept that but don't think OBrien would so he would then quit saving CAL $.

The problem I've had--so far letting "Watson be Watson" is #4's decisions on when to run, when to run and throw away & when to run and then slide (preferably not upper torso first). He has improved so I am more ready to let him make those decisions.

One thing that kinda disappointed me there were far to many bills fans … Yall Texans fans need to show up to these games and sell it out and ticket holders need to stop selling your tickets to opposing fans !!!! this seems to happen farrr to often for the past 3 years and it does not matter what team it is steelers titans colts patriots raiders chiefs

One thing that kinda disappointed me there were far to many bills fans … Yall Texans fans need to show up to these games and sell it out and ticket holders need to stop selling your tickets to opposing fans !!!! this seems to happen farrr to often for the past 3 years and it does not matter what team it is steelers titans colts patriots raiders chiefs

It just doesn't make sense for a fan to let go of their season tickets. So NRG is always going to sell out. But if the fans don't want to go to the game & there's an opportunity to make a dollar?

10,000 Bills fans is a solid message to ownership that Division titles are not enough.

We made Buffalo look like the greatest show on turf.
As much as I have banged on the defense and RAC's play calling, gotta give em a bit of credit for Saturday. That game could have been even uglier than it was in the first half. Holding them to FG's instead of TD's was huge, obviously. Cunningham was good, even good in coverage. I think he had two pass break ups. Roby needs new gloves with fresh stick on them. He had a good game too, despite the two missed picks.

But I agree that that same defense against KC may not cut it. KC is light years better on offense.

It just doesn't make sense for a fan to let go of their season tickets. So NRG is always going to sell out. But if the fans don't want to go to the game & there's an opportunity to make a dollar?

10,000 Bills fans is a solid message to ownership that Division titles are not enough.
I would bet that most of those Bills fans bought those tickets from the ticket outlets that buy up all the seats. I sold mine, to a Texans fan. The first half, I was VERY glad I sold my tickets. I probably would have gone back to the tailgate and watched the game from there. The second half, I was VERY mad I didn't go. But I have a 4 1/2 hour drive one way, and hotel stays, so I make a decision based on, do I want to subject myself to the first half Texans, or the second half Texans.
Plus, I'm on the IR right now so that drive was out of the question.

There are a few of us who have a few extra tickets we sell if we don't have enough people coming with us to use them all. But 90% of the tickets sold are by ticket brokers who hold a ton of the season tickets, especially on the 600 level. When you see all 26 seats on a row in one StubHub listing - that's a broker not a fan who has an extra ticket.

That said, I don't blame the ticket sellers for selling for the highest price. I sold virtually identical tickets in Section 508 ("home side") and Section 534 ("visiting side"). I got more than twice as much money for the 534 tickets. In fact I netted less than face value for the 508 tickets.

Any extra tickets are already a guaranteed loss 4 times a year (2 preseason games, Jaguars, Titans). So if Texans fans won't step up and buy a ticket, there will be some clown with cheese on his head paying enough money to hopefully let me break even for next year.

Funny, during the game someone posted in this thread "watching on TV seems like a lot of Bill's fans in the stadium". No shinola Sherlock! If he had bought a pair of tickets that would have been 2 more Texans fans and 2 fewer Bill's fans!

I thought NRG was rocking. Bills Mafia travels great, and they showed up, but that building was a Pro Texan building and it caused Buffalos offense problems, particularly in the red zone. It was weird having to see Watson go to the silent count at times due to the noise Buffalo fans could produce, it didnt affect them in the same manner. I was really impressed. Shoot the seats were full before kickoff!! That never happens anymore LOL!

I thought NRG was rocking. Bills Mafia travels great, and they showed up, but that building was a Pro Texan building and it caused Buffalos offense problems, particularly in the red zone. It was weird having to see Watson go to the silent count at times due to the noise Buffalo fans could produce, it didnt affect them in the same manner. I was really impressed. Shoot the seats were full before kickoff!! That never happens anymore LOL!

legit what is wrong with you.

you want to hate which I get but come on

What am I hating?

Tannehill had a good game and is on a very hot streak is all I'm saying. It's why the Tacks have a chance to beat the Ravens on Sunday. They match up well with the Ravens and have a hot QB.

From what I could see on tv, the biggest concentration of Bills fans was low and middle of field... endzones belong to the home team... especially the bullpen

From what I could see on tv, the biggest concentration of Bills fans was low and middle of field... endzones belong to the home team... especially the bullpen

Coming in at Budweiser plaza the Bills Mafia was out in full force.

Great group of fans.

One of them told me all they have to do in Buffalo is copulate and the Bills. I LMAO.

Had a great time.

It’s fine youd prefer a different qb.

you’re just alone in thoughts

Which has nothing to do with what I said about Tannehill.

I'm not alone their are a few of us out there. More will come around to my way of thinking if they dont win a championship. (I hope they do and I'm wrong) I've been on this island before with the McNair is a hands off owner and Smithiak will never win a championship stances. I'm very familiar with this territory.

Which has nothing to do with what I said about Tannehill.

I'm not alone their are a few of us out there. More will come around to my way of thinking if they dont win a championship. (I hope they do and I'm wrong) I've been on this island before with the McNair is a hands off owner and Smithiak will never win a championship stances. I'm very familiar with this territory.

I have issues with you because you wanted savage to start you also claimed at time he was better

Back